AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-03-27, 07:32   Link #261
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That's a good chapter. Interesting, too. So this is how they met. It's ironic how Merry looked forward to trying donuts and soda from what Yumeji said, but now that she's actually tried soda and other fizzy stuff, she realized that she hates the feeling.

I'm thinking Yumeji and Merry will leave this world together someday and then something will happen to make Merry forget who she is aside from her name. And somehow, Yumeji will also forget about all this. I wanna know how that all happened and how he met Kyou and why his arm has the same power as Kyou.
Old 2017-03-28, 19:02   Link #262
LostSome

I was curious when Merry said to Yumeji to never touch the door and want to have a look...
Kid Yumeji was indeed the one who open that door in chapter 1 !
However, he already had the scar in chapter 1. Hmm...

That rabbit is creepy.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-28, 19:11   Link #263
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, there are still some points that are missing. Damn, I want to know more already. Next chapter can't come fast enough.

I agree about the rabbit.
Old 2017-11-03, 02:10   Link #264
Sidapa

Been so long since reading an English translation. Did the scanlators shut down? When will we learn what had exactly happened back then to Yumeji and Merry? How will Merry deliver a beat down to Jayce and Elder?

All I know that volume 18 came out back in Oct 12 which contains chapters 101 - 106.
Sidapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-03, 08:37   Link #265
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, that might be your answer. If the scanlators decided to use the volume raws they would be waiting for the volume release. Let's see what happens.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 20:27   Link #266
Sidapa

Chapter 101 is out now.

So the mushroom girl dream demon is named Yae.
Sidapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 09:01   Link #267
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Just read the chapter.

So Merry really remembers everything and Yumeji is also starting to. Good. Now maybe we can finally find out all of what happened. I'm looking forward to it. Though we did already see what happened in the dream world in Merry's yard when she first met Yumeji. But that's not enough, is it? There might still be some mysteries.

I also want to know what Sana remembered.
Old 2017-11-27, 17:51   Link #268
Kurohane

FINALLY!

Basically it's going the way predicted since the beginning that Merry was the one that was linked with Yumeji. Some contradictions have made themselves present. Isana said that right after the accident she saw Kyou's pupils in Yumeji's eyes after he took off the mask. In Merry's memories after seeing Kyou's scar, she saw herself looking at an injured Yumeji from outside. Also, Kyou said something weird right afterwards, "Aren't you getting confused?". The scar is the key, with the dream demon and the host sharing injuries. When talking to Yumeji on the roof, Kyou being cryptic phrased his words in a way that implied Yumeji never got a scar.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2017-11-27 at 23:13.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 19:55   Link #269
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Wait, so you're Yumeji wasn't possessed by Kyou? But when Isana fell from that place in the playground (don't know what it's called) and Yumeji caught her, wasn't he possessed by Kyou?
Old 2017-11-28, 00:13   Link #270
Kurohane

That's what it is currently pointing to, but yet it contradicts what Isana said. Also, in Merry's vision during their first confrontation with Kyou, she saw herself looking at an injured Yumeji from outside. Even now, we're still getting pieces of the the whole truth, showing how deep the whole mystery is. John's philosophy has been dominant throughout this series.
Old 2017-11-29, 00:50   Link #271
Shadow5YA

We still don't know how Merry ended up with her own body in the human world. From what has been shown so far, Merry has only been possessing Yumeji like any other old Nightmare.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-29, 01:23   Link #272
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I've been re-reading the series, and it's crazy for how long the author has been planning this moment (chapter 31 page 28, chapter 39, page 14, freaking chapter 1). This got to be one of the tightest written series I've had the pleasure of reading.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-29, 02:06   Link #273
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
We still don't know how Merry ended up with her own body in the human world. From what has been shown so far, Merry has only been possessing Yumeji like any other old Nightmare.
Could Kyou be Yumeji's dream self ? Merry was left in reality while Yumeji's "ghost" was trapped in the dream and became a nightmare of sort.
Or Kyou was born from Yumeji's memories he left behind when he forgot ? Didn't Merry said something about leaving your bad memories in the dream world ?

We are finally getting to the true ! I'm actually hyped !
I just hope Chaser and Eggplant Lady are there for this... It would be weird if they weren't.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-29, 10:15   Link #274
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Shadow5YA: Hasn't Merry been using her own body since Chapter 1? Which is the strange part since all other Nightmares possess a human to be able to exist in the human world. I wonder if the reason she can do that has to do with her being the Gatekeeper.

@LostSome: Maybe you're right. We'll have to wait and see. I'm looking forward to it, too.
Old 2017-11-29, 16:37   Link #275
Kurohane

Contract, huh? Yeah, it definitely wasn't the mask that Yumeji ended up sacrificing. Oh, and I see how he gets the scar now, the broken glass. I was wondering for a while how the heck he got a cut from a jungle gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I've been re-reading the series, and it's crazy for how long the author has been planning this moment (chapter 31 page 28, chapter 39, page 14, freaking chapter 1). This got to be one of the tightest written series I've had the pleasure of reading.
Same! The author really planned these major plot points beforehand, and it shows.
Old 2017-11-29, 18:33   Link #276
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What broken glass are you referring to? Where does he get the scar, and does it or does it not have something to with Kyou?
Old 2017-11-29, 18:44   Link #277
Kurohane

From the cup Merry accidentally dropped.
Old 2017-11-29, 20:21   Link #278
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What chapter was this shown in? I don't remember.
Old 2017-11-29, 21:14   Link #279
Kurohane

The recent chapter near the end
Old 2017-12-10, 10:43   Link #280
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I just read it. I hadn't read it before.

And yeah, now it makes sense. So Yumeji was possessed by Merry when "he" saved Isana that time. And the scar on his hand must've come from the broken glass. Yep.

I'm guessing Merry wasn't able to make it back to the dream world in time and something happened with that that caused her and Yumeji to lose their memory of that time.

Tags
action, supernatural