AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-15, 06:38   Link #61
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
Google translate is just..no. God no.
Old 2014-02-15, 06:46   Link #62
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Kudos to the ones who can actually make sense of GT~

Edit: Just read the first two sentences of the prologue..it was..well graphic, for the lack of better word.

Last edited by Ougon; 2014-02-15 at 07:01.
Ougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 07:02   Link #63
bones

Holy crap, he went from 1k+ stats to 10k+ stats and his level is now ???? He's pretty much a boss character now.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 07:04   Link #64
bakapervert
A pervert

Looks like pretty awesome story here. Though if this guy already become this broken in volume 1, what is going to happen in the next volume?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 07:31   Link #65
Awrya
U mad?

I've read トラップ (GT trans. "Trap") chapter with GT and you need to have good imagination to make sense of most sentences.
The one thing that bugs me the most is GT's inability to translate names, "drop" most likely refers to Shizuku, but I have no idea who the other characters are when GT translates the literal kanji.

Anyway, question for those who understood more than me:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-15, 08:01   Link #66
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
@amatsunagi
Spoiler for ...:
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
Just read the new chapter.

Spoiler for :
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankerer View Post
all we can do is wait til tuesday 16:00 for the next chapter or whatever chapter if there is another member lol
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
Kudos to the ones who can actually make sense of GT~

Edit: Just read the first two sentences of the prologue..it was..well graphic, for the lack of better word.
Graphic??

=========
Now I'm just waiting for "Master of Monster" and "Fruit of Evolution" and other titles (10 or so) to updates. Still typing summary.
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 08:59   Link #67
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

what chapter again when hajime showoff infront of his classmates...?

what kind ability "Auto Play" was?

Last edited by HasNoLove; 2014-02-15 at 09:32.
HasNoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 09:23   Link #68
kazzuya13

I hope for more summaries cause that was a huge cliff hanger in page 2
Old 2014-02-15, 09:43   Link #69
dragon1412

you guys frightened me with how you all are capable of reading with GT, the only times i use GT is for Kanji. I still remember when i attempt to read Moonlight sculptor with it, i couldn't even make out a single sentence.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 09:56   Link #70
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
you guys frightened me with how you all are capable of reading with GT, the only times i use GT is for Kanji. I still remember when i attempt to read Moonlight sculptor with it, i couldn't even make out a single sentence.
hmm...
something like
Spoiler for tis ?:

well, I roughly understand what it's talk about,
but....
yeah...
it's still pain in ass when I need to translate it into my mother language in my mind...
and for able to read every chapter, I need atleast 5-10 minutes rest for my eyes..
also for refreshing the cookie of my mind, so I could read it dat way for hours...

P.S. around chapters early 20's Hajime like and often patting Yui/Yue head ,yea..? while Yue/Yui like to hugging Hajime...
Old 2014-02-15, 10:07   Link #71
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

This web novel seems quite new. But how much of the content is there on Narou now compared to average printed LN?

I wish Google has interlinear translation function, or any apps will do. You know, the one where the translation word-by-word (or phrase) written below the original texts like in religious texts. We'll need a little knowledge about Japanese grammar to read it since the word order is different, but that's mostly all we'll ever need. It's way better than replacing the original texts completely. We don't need to endure the headache from trying to rearrange the translation. After all, if translation from GT can't be understood or add more to headache to the readers, it's probably best to just translate word-by-word and try to understand from context.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 10:58   Link #72
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
This web novel seems quite new. But how much of the content is there on Narou now compared to average printed LN?

I wish Google has interlinear translation function, or any apps will do. You know, the one where the translation word-by-word (or phrase) written below the original texts like in religious texts. We'll need a little knowledge about Japanese grammar to read it since the word order is different, but that's mostly all we'll ever need. It's way better than replacing the original texts completely. We don't need to endure the headache from trying to rearrange the translation. After all, if translation from GT can't be understood or add more to headache to the readers, it's probably best to just translate word-by-word and try to understand from context.
I think, it's should be around volume 3 now, I guess~?

======

Yeah, that's the best way to learn japanese IMO. When I was little (and still haven't learn about internet) I manually search word by word when I was playing tsukihime, using dictionary. It helped me a lot with remembering kanji. After that I just have to understand about grammar. Anyway here it is. Sorry, if I'm late

Spoiler:

I wonder if my summaries will discourage people from translating?

Ah, by the way, I wonder if it's should be "Orux" or "Orcus" for the dungeon name?

Last edited by amatsunagi; 2014-02-15 at 11:56.
Old 2014-02-15, 11:07   Link #73
bludvein

Thanks for the summaries.

Spoiler for ...:

Orcus sounds better imo.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 11:08   Link #74
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
Ah, by the way, I wonder if it's should be "Orux" or "Orcus" for the dungeon name?
Probably Orcus, the latin god of the underworld.

Quote:

Spoiler for ...:
Remember, Violence is not the answer. Violence is the question, and the answer is YES!

If it does not work, you are simply not using enough.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 11:15   Link #75
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:

Spoiler for ...:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
Probably Orcus, the latin god of the underworld.
Hmm, then I'll change it into that~ thanks! chapter 7 on the way.
Old 2014-02-15, 11:20   Link #76
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Spoiler for Spoiler for above summary:
Old 2014-02-15, 11:33   Link #77
havensgate
skull one

that's a cliffhanger amatsunagi-san,
can i ask for more?
please?
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 11:43   Link #78
bludvein

Relax, he is getting to it.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 11:58   Link #79
Kioras

I did like how the fact that he used his ability tactically.

Ironically, if you have played much pen and paper RPG's, like D&D 3.5, you know that pure damage is the wimpiest thing you can do. The best things tend to be area control, disabling monsters, funneling them into more advantagous positions, terrain modification.

Basically, if he wasn't so down on himself, he could raise walls in combat, creating field works for the casters as defense., split large groups of monsters into smaller, easier to handle groups. Change the terrain so that it can be harder or easier to cross, ect. He obviously did not watch or read enough FMA to understand how useful it could be.

The others would blast or chop up individual or small groups of monsters, he could have controlled the battlefield. Of course from the sounds of it, the knights and others did not think of such things, but they immediately grasped with there combat experience how creating add-hoc traps in battle would be very useful.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 12:12   Link #80
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
I did like how the fact that he used his ability tactically.

Ironically, if you have played much pen and paper RPG's, like D&D 3.5, you know that pure damage is the wimpiest thing you can do. The best things tend to be area control, disabling monsters, funneling them into more advantagous positions, terrain modification.

Basically, if he wasn't so down on himself, he could raise walls in combat, creating field works for the casters as defense., split large groups of monsters into smaller, easier to handle groups. Change the terrain so that it can be harder or easier to cross, ect. He obviously did not watch or read enough FMA to understand how useful it could be.

The others would blast or chop up individual or small groups of monsters, he could have controlled the battlefield. Of course from the sounds of it, the knights and others did not think of such things, but they immediately grasped with there combat experience how creating add-hoc traps in battle would be very useful.
not just pen and paper Rpg, if you played real time action RPG before, it's the same, people will get a guys that deal low damage but capable of survive on his own rather than that guy who does great damage for 5 second he is alive. That the reason why term like CC and PD exist nowadays.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel