>Steelers being in charge of converting in the redzone
Old 2013-11-29, 02:08   Link #7662
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And Baltimore stay in the hunt - just.
Old 2013-11-29, 02:52   Link #7663
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I can see a big AFC North matchup at the end of the year to decide who wins the division. Baltimore should be 8-7 going into Cinci who I see being 9-6. If Baltimore won that game they'd win the head-to-head tiebreaker. I love early playoff games.
Old 2013-11-29, 06:11   Link #7664
Samari
World's Greatest

The Steelers/Ravens game was a lot better than I thought it would be. Even though both teams have struggled throughout the course of the season, it was a good contest. Definitely the best game on Thanksgiving.

By the way did anyone see that bitch move that Tomlin did when Jacoby Jones was returning that punt? He's lucky he wasn't flagged.
Spoiler for ...:

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 07:17   Link #7665
sky black swordman

^ I saw it and I couldn't believe there wasn't a flag thown for that. Will the NFL fine something like that?
Old 2013-11-29, 10:02   Link #7666
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ I saw it and I couldn't believe there wasn't a flag thown for that. Will the NFL fine something like that?
Probably, though sometimes they don't get fined as much since it wasn't going to affect the outcome of the game in a big way. Most of the time when the NFL fine people it is when the potential money makers are in danger. Quarterbacks, wide receivers, runningbacks, and tight ends are highly protected by the NFL.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 15:03   Link #7667
VTHokiePride

I missed most of the Dallas vs. Oakland and Steelers vs. Ravens game because of being in a food coma from Thanksgiving dinner, but I keep hearing about Tomlin's play during Jacoby Jones' return. He should've have been flagged because he was standing on the field during the play close enough to wear his position could have affected what was going on. They throw a flag for that in high school and college I think and did the same thing to the Jets a few years back. The league also dealt some punishment to the players and coach involved.
Old 2013-11-29, 18:08   Link #7668
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I missed most of the Dallas vs. Oakland and Steelers vs. Ravens game because of being in a food coma from Thanksgiving dinner, but I keep hearing about Tomlin's play during Jacoby Jones' return. He should've have been flagged because he was standing on the field during the play close enough to wear his position could have affected what was going on. They throw a flag for that in high school and college I think and did the same thing to the Jets a few years back. The league also dealt some punishment to the players and coach involved.
I think he has been punished enough I think with the things that has been made on the internet. Look at this Tomlins funnies

Also, I get the feeling that the NFL truly hates Suh. He is fine again. Suh fine again
Old 2013-11-29, 19:24   Link #7669
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I think he has been punished enough I think with the things that has been made on the internet. Look at this Tomlins funnies

Also, I get the feeling that the NFL truly hates Suh. He is fine again. Suh fine again
Maybe he has or maybe he hasn't. In any event the NFL will be looking into Tomlin's possible interference in last night's game.

And so, with the 2013 NFL season almost over for 20 teams which head coachs' will be out of a job next year? Like Greg Schiano and Rex Ryan.
Old 2013-11-29, 19:47   Link #7670
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Maybe he has or maybe he hasn't. In any event the NFL will be looking into Tomlin's possible interference in last night's game.

And so, with the 2013 NFL season almost over for 20 teams which head coachs' will be out of a job next year? Like Greg Schiano and Rex Ryan.
Rex Ryan is a huge possibility though for Greg Schiano, I think he may stay. Base of the Buccaneer's record, they were projected to win at best only 5 games. They are surely there already.

The ones on the hot seat now are Gary Kubia, Mike Smith, Tom Coughlin, Mike Tomlin, Leslie Frazier, and Mike Shanahan. Base on team projection and complications along the way, I think Mike Smith and Gary Kubiak are the two who are most likely going to lose their jobs.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-11-30 at 07:44.
Old 2013-11-30, 05:16   Link #7671
Samari
World's Greatest

Kubiak and Frazier are gone for sure. Even though the Texans have made the playoffs the last two years, Kubiak has been there forever and has only two playoff seasons under his belt and failing to really make an impact once he got there. The Vikings made the playoffs last year, but the year before that they were horrible and this year it looks like that is going to be the same fate. Maybe if the Vikings had made a deeper playoff push the previous season he might get another year. The Redskins might let Shanahan simply play out the last year on his contract with RGIII instead of implementing an entire new system for the young quarterback. I could see Mike Smith being let go in Atlanta though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 05:20   Link #7672
sky black swordman

Quote:
Rex Ryan is a huge possibility though for Greg Schiano, I think he may stay. Base of the Buccaneer's record, they were projected to win at best only 5 games. They are surely there already.

The ones on the hot seat now are Gary Kubia, Mike Smith, Tom Coughlin, Mike Tomlin, Leslie Frazier, and Mike Shanahan. Base on team projection and complications along the way, I think Mike Smith and Gary Kubia are the two who are most likely going to lose their jobs.
Personally, I think that there is a possibility Gary Kubiak may choose to retire once season and that's assuming he is not fired. After having a mini stroke the thought of retiring may have crossed his mind.

I do expect many of these guys to be fired. Another coach that may be on the chopping block is Raiders head coach Dennis Allen. If he stays or doesn't depends on what the win-loss record is at the end of the season. Another factor that may come into play is the rumor concerning Jon gruden's return to the NFL.
Old 2013-11-30, 08:11   Link #7673
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Rashad Jennings took a nasty hit to his head late in the 4th Quarter against Dallas...oy

Spoiler:

I believe the only report out is that he suffered a concussion, though a friend of mine said he may be out for the season w/ a slipped disc in his neck?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 16:25   Link #7674
GDB

Quote:
He definitely has not been punished enough. If he doesn't get a fine or suspension, then the NFL is as good as saying that kind of thing is not only allowed, but endorsed, as long as you're on one of the ref's favorite teams. And we all know the Refs absolutely adore the Steelers and Patriots, at the very least.

Also, just to point out, Rex Ryan got flagged for this last week. Except he wasn't ON the field, and he didn't interfere with the play, he was just on the white too far in for the ref's liking. But Tomlin? He was on the field itself, caused a player to have to change course (and likely slow up a bit to avoid crashing), and forced the ref to swerve around him. Yet no flag. If there isn't further action from the NFL, they'll lose a LOT of credibility. Intent (on purpose or not) should only affect severity, not occurrence, of an NFL enforced penalty.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 16:41   Link #7675
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He definitely has not been punished enough. If he doesn't get a fine or suspension, then the NFL is as good as saying that kind of thing is not only allowed, but endorsed, as long as you're on one of the ref's favorite teams. And we all know the Refs absolutely adore the Steelers and Patriots, at the very least.

Also, just to point out, Rex Ryan got flagged for this last week. Except he wasn't ON the field, and he didn't interfere with the play, he was just on the white too far in for the ref's liking. But Tomlin? He was on the field itself, caused a player to have to change course (and likely slow up a bit to avoid crashing), and forced the ref to swerve around him. Yet no flag. If there isn't further action from the NFL, they'll lose a LOT of credibility. Intent (on purpose or not) should only affect severity, not occurrence, of an NFL enforced penalty.
You know I was being sarcastic there my friend. Of course he isn't being punished enough.

The chance the NFL fining him is a good possibility, though if you were to say if the amount will enough then no. The NFL don't fine coaches and players enough to highly influences the chances for it to not happen again. At best I see only a 25 thousand fine. That is not enough. The fining of Rex Ryan was most likely to create a stir to attract media attention to make more money. The same thing will happen here. A small punishment for something serious is a normal occurrence. Only when the time of a situation like Aaron Hernandez or if someone is stealing money from them when the NFL will heavily throw out punishments.

Its a matter about what is good for business to make the most money, not good for football in the eyes of the NFL owners, and Goodell and his staff. I am not a big fan of this and so are a lot of people including you, however its a reality that it is. The only good thing about it is that it is not at the level of the NBA yet.
Old 2013-11-30, 17:21   Link #7676
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Refs have pretty much guaranteed two losses for the Patriots this season. They didn't cause the losses single handedly, but cemented them into existence. The theory that refs adore the Patriots because of the snow bowl over a decade ago is just bunk, man.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 17:49   Link #7677
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Refs have pretty much guaranteed two losses for the Patriots this season. They didn't cause the losses single handedly, but cemented them into existence. The theory that refs adore the Patriots because of the snow bowl over a decade ago is just bunk, man.
I was actually talking about games this season, though I don't have examples on-hand (since I don't keep an index of such calls). They've helped the Patriots far more than hurt them, and that's a constant. Not as much as the Steelers, but still more often than not.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 20:01   Link #7678
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Uh excuse me, WHY IS THIS THREAD SO QUIET ALL OF SUDDEN

WE JUST WATCHED GAME OF THE CENTURY LIKE 45MIN AGO EVERYONE IS GOING INSANE THIS SATURDAY JUST BECOME THE GREATEST SATURDAY OF ALL TIME, OF ALL TIME!!!!!

http://youtu.be/dJf5gR3poKE

The nerve of this forum makes me go bonkers!!!!!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 20:29   Link #7679
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Uh excuse me, WHY IS THIS THREAD SO QUIET ALL OF SUDDEN

WE JUST WATCHED GAME OF THE CENTURY LIKE 45MIN AGO EVERYONE IS GOING INSANE THIS SATURDAY JUST BECOME THE GREATEST SATURDAY OF ALL TIME, OF ALL TIME!!!!!

http://youtu.be/dJf5gR3poKE

The nerve of this forum makes me go bonkers!!!!!
WDE!

Man if only my Tigers hadn't had a case of the drops-its against the Bayou Bengals of LSU.

This is how the Iron Bowl should be every year!

If AU can take care of business in the SEC Championship and Michigan State can drop OSU, they could sneak into the National Championship.
Old 2013-11-30, 20:33   Link #7680
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
I was actually talking about games this season, though I don't have examples on-hand (since I don't keep an index of such calls). They've helped the Patriots far more than hurt them, and that's a constant. Not as much as the Steelers, but still more often than not.
I'm a Patriots fan, so I'm obviously biased, but I just don't see it, man.

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2013-12-03 at 22:45.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports