AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-07-05, 21:28   Link #3241
allison13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Good news everyone! I got a few donations and I should HOPEFULLY be able to get my copies of Volume.01 and Volume.02 of Frozen Teardrop this month. That is if Amazon doesn't "magically" run out. Har.
Whooo! Fingers crossed.

Does anyone know how many illustrations are in this month's FT? I saw the one or two someone put up here...I hope there's more than that.
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 22:37   Link #3242
Verona_Price

On the topic of Lady Une (sorry this has been bothering me all day at work.) Has it been explained in any Gundam Wing non anime sources where she came from?

I mean we've seen into a good degree of the character's backgrounds, so where did Une come from?

Futhermore I hope the explain what mariemaia's been up too. I'm weird like that I happen to be kinda a fan of hers.
Verona_Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 23:31   Link #3243
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verona_Price View Post
On the topic of Lady Une (sorry this has been bothering me all day at work.) Has it been explained in any Gundam Wing non anime sources where she came from?

I mean we've seen into a good degree of the character's backgrounds, so where did Une come from?

Futhermore I hope the explain what mariemaia's been up too. I'm weird like that I happen to be kinda a fan of hers.
Negative on both counts, though we do know that Une is a Presidential aide (presumably to Dorothy).
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 15:29   Link #3244
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave The Pieces View Post
Then again, we have Lady Une and Middie Une who share the same last name but are not related. Oh, Sumizawa... you're quite an intriguing writer, aren't you.
Not that it really bugs me but I'm hoping that connection is finally addressed in FT.

Nice job with the MC timeline Kit.
Old 2011-07-07, 10:40   Link #3245
allison13

Ace came today - those two black and white illustrations we already saw are the only new ones for FT this month. Well, the cover, too. GoL has a bit of Wufei's story from Ep. Zero.

Edit: Oh, and this month's MG Girl is Epyon.

Last edited by allison13; 2011-07-07 at 13:23.
Old 2011-07-07, 15:02   Link #3246
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison13 View Post
Edit: Oh, and this month's MG Girl is Epyon.
omg want. Are you able to grab us a snapshot, by any chance?
Old 2011-07-07, 17:27   Link #3247
allison13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
omg want. Are you able to grab us a snapshot, by any chance?
Quite possibly, if I ever get this homework done. Were pictures of the MG Heavyarms and Sandrock already posted? I just found those in there, too.
Old 2011-07-07, 23:01   Link #3248
Aldaeus

I dont think so... but i know i saw pics of them over at the Gundamguy blog... i'd love to see the ones in Gundam Ace though they're probably clearer pics...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 23:07   Link #3249
allison13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
I dont think so... but i know i saw pics of them over at the Gundamguy blog... i'd love to see the ones in Gundam Ace though they're probably clearer pics...
They're really small pictures, there's not even a half a page dedicated to them. Probably in the next few issues I'm guessing they'll get their own pages.
Old 2011-07-08, 20:36   Link #3250
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*

Hope this isn't too offtopic...(but I'll delete it if it is)

Don't know if anyone's interested but I think they've been releasing new Master Grade models with Frozen Teardrop/Gundam Wing's return.

This one YouTube user has a channel dedicated just to these models and his most recent video is about the new Gundam Epyon.

I think it looks pretty nice and I hope we'll get MG for all the other suits. *___*
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 20:53   Link #3251
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishiio View Post
Hope this isn't too offtopic...(but I'll delete it if it is)

Don't know if anyone's interested but I think they've been releasing new Master Grade models with Frozen Teardrop/Gundam Wing's return.

This one YouTube user has a channel dedicated just to these models and his most recent video is about the new Gundam Epyon.

I think it looks pretty nice and I hope we'll get MG for all the other suits. *___*
We know. We've been talking about them since they first came out.

Video is cool though, I haven't seen this review yet. I really can't wait to get my hands on MG Deathscythe or Epyon Ka.
Old 2011-07-08, 22:31   Link #3252
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
We know. We've been talking about them since they first came out.

Video is cool though, I haven't seen this review yet. I really can't wait to get my hands on MG Deathscythe or Epyon Ka.
Ah, my bad. x___x;; I've kinda forgotten what other stuff has been discussed in the thread, haha.
I think he did a review on MG Deathscythe too. I still have my snap-together Gundam Wing figurines from ages ago lol. Cute as they are, I really hope I can get some of these higher quality ones. :P
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 10:55   Link #3253
allison13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishiio View Post
Ah, my bad. x___x;; I've kinda forgotten what other stuff has been discussed in the thread, haha.
I think he did a review on MG Deathscythe too. I still have my snap-together Gundam Wing figurines from ages ago lol. Cute as they are, I really hope I can get some of these higher quality ones. :P
MG Deathscythe is pretty sweet. I guess some of them had problems with pieces falling off, but what I have built of it so far doesn't seem to be having issues. I wouldn't bother sinking the money in to D-Hell, though.
Old 2011-07-10, 01:26   Link #3254
Mareike

Exclamation

Whew. Took me a while to catch up.

Goodness. This novel! *shakes fist* It's bad enough that the chapters are released monthly but we have to get jumpy timeline/narration, too! >_>

Anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Why... Naina, what has happened? You look like a dude ;_;'

(Scary, too. For a girl. I keep picturing her saying "Objection!!")

That said, could someone please help clarify:
The recent episode with little!Naina who was left with Duo/Hilde was a few years in the past, and since then, uh, something has happened, and this chapter, a few years later (!?) we get Zechs (the real one!??) with Tallgeese, Zechs (fake one!?) with Epyon, and Wufei with Epyon Bai (what?)... doing what exactly, and how do Quaterine, Naina and Mille come into this? x__x How do they even know each other?
(And where is their mum?)
Meanwhile, Relena wants to die.

Wow, glad things have started making sense while I was gone...
The line in bold = my sentiment, exactly. And the hairstyle. Relena had three hairstyle changes in GW/EW yet they can't give the children their own hairstyles to distinguish them from their elders. Naina's glare in that illustration with Milou and Quatrine/Catherine makes me wonder what she's upset about. She was glaring when she was first introduced. Years later, she's still glaring.

Maybe it's to further establish that Naina's got them Piercing Peacecraft Eyes®? Probably the Peacecraft Recklesness®, too, with the looks of it.

*sigh* As for Noin, she's supposed to be with Relena (and Milou) around the time Naina was travelling with Zechs. Ugh. Need to see an illustration of her!

Anyway, I think you got the flow of the story right. When Quatrine defected to Relena's side, it was Milou and Naina who got to her. How/where exactly, I've no idea.

As for who the real and fake Zechs is... Actually, I'm lost. I've read of a dialogue where Kathy asks if the leader of the Lanagrin Republic was the real deal. Here's the conversation based on the translation I found for what I assume is Chapter 9:

Spoiler:

At first I thought by "aforementioned Zechs", it meant that it was the real Zechs with Epyon, but when I went back to the passage, it could also mean, that it's nanotech!Zechs of the Lanagrin Republic (since that's who Kathy was inquiring about in the first place).

Also, who was she talking to? Was it epyon!Zechs, or was it Wufei? Cos if it's Wufei, then who the hell is this "my wife" person??? SALLY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave The Pieces View Post
Lol high five. Although, I have a feeling Sumizawa and Asagi are well aware of that, which is why I think they actually did it on purpose. Which is also why I think Sumizawa will later reveal that the pilot and the original are related. Just a guess, of course. Cuz, honestly, it's the only passable explanation for their resemblance. He's made everyone related to everyone already, why stop now, eh? Especially now when the two characters look so much alike. Oherwise, it's utter bullcrap that Heero resembles the other Heero when they're not even related more than his own father. (EDIT: Unless Pilot!Heero is nothing but an Original!Heero clone. Which isn't highly unlikely considering the dynamics and technology stretch the Wing universe has made in FT.)

Then again, we have Lady Une and Middie Une who share the same last name but are not related. Oh, Sumizawa... you're quite an intriguing writer, aren't you.
This. The AC-verse keeps expanding but the characters'll go: "Oh, we're related? Wow! Small world!" (Please excuse my sucky humor.)

Generation Xerox aside, what's bothering me right now are:

1. The different Zechses running around. There's the dead!"Milliardo", ex-Mars President. There's the nanotech!Zechs. There's cyrene!Zechs. What the? What's the deal? The world only needs one Zechs with name issues.
2. The Noinheim Konzern. How do they figure into the convoluted mess everyone's in?
3. The PPP.
4. What happened in Libra/what was discovered there.

... On a totally different note: I would really love to see a portrait of the current Peacecraft family (Milliardo, Lucrezia, the twins, and auntie Relena). :3

Last edited by Mareike; 2011-07-10 at 02:15.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 05:45   Link #3255
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike View Post
As for who the real and fake Zechs is... Actually, I'm lost.
Fake Zechs pilots Epyon, the real one pilots Tallgeese. Though as far as I understood, Epyon is essentially piloted by itself via ZERO System, so you could say Wu Fei is fighting Epyon rather than holo!Zechs.

Quote:
Also, who was she talking to? Was it epyon!Zechs, or was it Wufei? Cos if it's Wufei, then who the hell is this "my wife" person??? SALLY???
In that passage Kathy was talking to Father Maxwell. You can see it in the illustration, they're sitting there drinking coffee. As for the "my wife" person, that would be be Hilde. Remember when she sneaked aboard Libra to steal data? That's the time Duo was referring to. He was probably going to say that Zechs had holograms of him even back then. That was what Relena and Heero talked to when they confronted him on Libra before the final battle.

Quote:
Apparently he is neither himself, a clone, "spare", nor ghost, dead or living.
...what is a "spare"?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 07:29   Link #3256
Mareike

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Fake Zechs pilots Epyon, the real one pilots Tallgeese. Though as far as I understood, Epyon is essentially piloted by itself via ZERO System, so you could say Wu Fei is fighting Epyon rather than holo!Zechs.
Ahh. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
In that passage Kathy was talking to Father Maxwell. You can see it in the illustration, they're sitting there drinking coffee. As for the "my wife" person, that would be be Hilde. Remember when she sneaked aboard Libra to steal data? That's the time Duo was referring to. He was probably going to say that Zechs had holograms of him even back then. That was what Relena and Heero talked to when they confronted him on Libra before the final battle.
And this, too. I remember that part, but I completely forgot about Duo still being with them at that point in the story...

Quote:
...what is a "spare"?
Someone like Quatrine/Catherine Oud. Cloned for the purpose of harvesting organs from should something happen to the "original".
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 10:55   Link #3257
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Maybe it's to further establish that Naina's got them Piercing Peacecraft Eyes®? Probably the Peacecraft Recklesness®, too, with the looks of it.
this. Or she's just the new generation Zechs. Which would mean, she'll probably have a freak-out at some point. Why, however? She seemed cute as a child, and likely had a rather nice childhood. Compared to Milliardo anyway.
I mean, we could guess that maybe it wasn't so nice, based on her great-uncle (!?) posing as her dad- but Milou seems normal.
So... unless she's just a grumpy one by nature, didn't like staying with Hilde, or something else happened, I'm not sure why her standard expression seems to be an extremely manly glare.

That said, the other design copies seem somehow acceptable. However in the case of the twins it makes you feel kind of uneasy, seeing how they look exactly like their parents, who, well, are *boyfriend and girlfriend*
So, if Quaterine& Phobos are sort of pandering to 3x4 yaoi fans... which fetish exactly are the twins pandering to?? :S
Someone tell me, I'm not the only one who thought about this...

Quote:
1. The different Zechses running around. There's the dead!"Milliardo", ex-Mars President. There's the nanotech!Zechs. There's cyrene!Zechs. What the? What's the deal? The world only needs one Zechs with name issues.
2. The Noinheim Konzern. How do they figure into the convoluted mess everyone's in?
3. The PPP.
I agree. Zechs was confusing enough when he was one person. Plus, he has reasonably re-integrated himself as having reasonable goals by the time EW came around.
Now what is he doing? Is it shady again? It sure seems like it. What happened to his character development? Did it get swept away in the winds of cyrene??

Hah, maybe the Noinheims are the ones producing the PPP. They sure would have the funds.
That said, what's the point of the PPP, and why are some of our reasonably well (re-) integrated characters apparently ok with what I understand to be a drug that forces you into a re-invention of Peacecraft!Pacifism, which they all abandoned many years ago.

Quote:
... On a totally different note: I would really love to see a portrait of the current Peacecraft family (Milliardo, Lucrezia, the twins, and auntie Relena). :3
second that. I wish there was at least some fanarts, but I guess they just don't get as much attention as the others

Quote:
He was probably going to say that Zechs had holograms of him even back then. That was what Relena and Heero talked to when they confronted him on Libra before the final battle.
...... so, Zechs= Lord Voldemort?
Why, every time I try to understand FT, I need an aspirin.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 15:28   Link #3258
Tobi_Uchiha
Tobi is a Good Boy!

Hi long time no post everyone :3
Been here and there so I finally decide to get back in the fold, and what this I see

:looks at gundam wiki:

interseting for a moment there It looks like politican Heero Yuy looks more like assasin Heero Yuy than his father Odin though the story has been established so far so I can't use and confusing ideas now at this point. Though I have this craaaaaaazy and totally confusing theory that Relena's father may actually be Politican Heero Yuy since the picture on wiki shows/suggests a possible relationship with Katrina and Politican Heero and if thats the case assasin Heero's father Odin killed and since another picture shows Relena telling Heero "Come and Kill Me" :rools eyes: where have I heard that before...
Now if Relena is serious about total pacifist and is just influencial or perhaps more powerful and reconized than Politican Heero it does make me wonder if history is about to repeat itself with Assasin Heero, kinda like father like son oh the irony...but I hope to god that it will NEVER come to that.

Every dog has it's day...
Tobi_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 17:25   Link #3259
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Colony leader Heero Yuy was assassinated in AC 175. It's safe to say that he can't be the father of anyone who isn't at least twenty in the series.
Unless of course we get more test tube baby cloning BS like with Quatrine.

Talking about Quatrine, is she Quatre's sister now or is she his clone? If he's gonna use her for spare parts (lolwhat?!), there should be a significant difference, no?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 18:34   Link #3260
Leave The Pieces

Quote:
Colony leader Heero Yuy was assassinated in AC 175. It's safe to say that he can't be the father of anyone who isn't at least twenty in the series.
Unless of course we get more test tube baby cloning BS like with Quatrine.

Talking about Quatrine, is she Quatre's sister now or is she his clone? If he's gonna use her for spare parts (lolwhat?!), there should be a significant difference, no?
Maybe Sumizawa's a fan of the Island and Never Let Me Go. Especially the latter, what with clones' cliche 'purpose of existence' drama and all. Great book, though. =P

Hilarity aside, do we know if Quatre was the last child his mother got to 'conceive' before she died? Can't remember. It's been ages.

Anyway, if he wasn't, I think it's lame that Sumizawa had to have him cloned (and call this clone his sister; originals and clones are NOT siblings) so that he has a "spare", when he could've just made Quatrine a designer baby for him instead.

Plus, if he really wants them related, designer babies are a much better excuse because designer babies and the individuals from which their 'designs' were based on ARE siblings. No one can question that.

Last edited by Leave The Pieces; 2011-07-10 at 18:50. Reason: Pronoun misuse =P
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing