Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
I thought it was like this

1.Nunally
2.Kallen?
3.Guren
Same here.
Old 2008-08-11, 23:48   Link #1103
prototype_sky

Well this might be the last/second to last time we'll have Suzaku vs Kallen let's recap their battle history

4:1 Suzaku vs Kallen in Helping Complete Primary Objectives by fighting Each Other in a Knightmare Frame i.e how effective they were to their leaders

White Knight Awakens - Suzaku Wins (Stops the Rebel Forces)
Battle for Narita - Suzaku Wins (Protects Cornelia form Capture)
Shirley at Gunpoint - Suzaku Wins (JLF is Destroyed thank you Zero)
I Order Suzaku Kururugi - Draw
To Sorrow with Love - Kallen Wins (Euphie is Killed)
The Pacific Ocean Surprise Attack Operation - Suzaku Wins (Zero Fails to Capture Nunnally)
The Second Decisive Battle of Tokyo - Draw

4:3 Suzaku vs Kallen Victories (One on One Fights)

White Knight Awakens - Suzaku Wins (Kallen Ejects)
Battle for Narita - Suzaku Wins (Gurren is Damaged)
Shirley at Gunpoint - Draw
I Order Suzaku Kururugi - Kallen Win (Lancelot Disabled)
To Sorrow with Love - Suzaku Wins (Gurren on the Ropes)
The Pacific Ocean Surprise Attack Operation - Draw (1 Point each)
The Second Decisive Battle of Tokyo - Kallen Wins (Lancelot Severly Damaged)

3:1 (Face to Face)

Island of the Gods - Suzaku Wins (Failed Assination Attempt)
Zero - Suzaku Wins (Kallen's Inaction after warning shoot)
C's World - Suzaku Wins (Punch to the Guts)
United Federation of Nations Resolution No. 1 - Kallen Wins (Suzaku Inaction from Guilt)

Well they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so I am sure many of you won't agree with this.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:14   Link #1104
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Well they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so I am sure many of you won't agree with this.
I can't wait for the chains to come off of Suzaku. He'll show everyone who the best pilot in the world is. Hell I bet he'll beat KoO with the broken Lancelot because "Live Geass" took away the person he loved most (Nunnaly). I think Nunnaly's death will impact more on Suzaku than Lelouch.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:28   Link #1105
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLum View Post
I can't wait for the chains to come off of Suzaku. He'll show everyone who the best pilot in the world is. Hell I bet he'll beat KoO with the broken Lancelot because "Live Geass" took away the person he loved most (Nunnaly). I think Nunnaly's death will impact more on Suzaku than Lelouch.
there is no best pilot in Code Geass. It's all about the mechs now. Just keep upgrading till you win.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:30   Link #1106
prototype_sky

Quote:
I'd like to see him beat the Ko0 without an upgrade that would be awesome
Old 2008-08-12, 00:31   Link #1107
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
there is no best pilot in Code Geass. It's all about the mechs now. Just keep upgrading till you win.
I guess.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:33   Link #1108
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Thank Guan Yu, God of Justice, that the Japanese casualties were at an absoloute minimum.

That's what you get when you reflect your "We are the Center of the Universe" mentality in your architecture, Brits.
Guan Yu is my fav hero, but I expect lots of Japanese deaths though not only Britannians. Not enough main character deaths, Chiba should have died.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:38   Link #1109
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
I hope we don't get a Tengen Toppa Gurren Seiten fighting against Charle's Anti-God.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:42   Link #1110
prototype_sky

Quote:
I guess.
It would be nice to have a show were the weapons don't upgrade but the skill of the pilots
Old 2008-08-12, 00:45   Link #1111
Taiyakikung

Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
Does nunally survive?I really want her notto die.I nearly shred a tear this episode ecpescially,when Guilford push Zero away and tell him to live on.Too many
people died.It's sad.
Anyway,who did the detonation at 17:53?If it's Cornelia,how can she do it?
Old 2008-08-12, 00:49   Link #1112
Harimo Haria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyakikung View Post
Does nunally survive?I really want her notto die.I nearly shred a tear this episode ecpescially,when Guilford push Zero away and tell him to live on.Too many
people died.It's sad.
Anyway,who did the detonation at 17:53?If it's Cornelia,how can she do it?

It's ok, they're not really dead, no one ever dies for real in an anime. They just stop being drawn.

And... were you referring to Freya? If so, it was Suzaku.
Harimo Haria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:55   Link #1113
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
It would be nice to have a show were the weapons don't upgrade but the skill of the pilots
Well... there's Jeremiah.

The only way Nunnally could have survived is if that pink beam actually turned out to be a teleportation beam fired prior to the explosion, but I highly, highly, doubt that.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 00:57   Link #1114
Harimo Haria

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPhenemenom View Post
Well... there's Jeremiah.

The only way Nunnally could have survived is if that pink beam actually turned out to be a teleportation beam fired prior to the explosion, but I highly, highly, doubt that.

Hope they don't pull something like that...
Harimo Haria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 01:26   Link #1115
Taiyakikung

Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harimo Haria View Post
It's ok, they're not really dead, no one ever dies for real in an anime. They just stop being drawn.

And... were you referring to Freya? If so, it was Suzaku.

I mean this one.I'm confused who did it.Cornelia or Chigusa?
Old 2008-08-12, 01:27   Link #1116
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Rewatching this episode, I must say that the Britannian army is truely retarded. Okay, forget about leaving the Guren, the enemy's signature ace KMF, in the same building with the enemy's signature ace pilot which pilots said KMF after buffing up that KMF's abilites by 100 fold. But leaving an instruction manuel next to it? Are you freakin kidding me. Around 10:15: "It seems to be a bit different but here is the instruction manuel for it." Come on Lloyd. You left the instruction manuel there for them to convinetly find instead of taking it with you?
you all really must keep in mind that the building that Kallen and the Guran were in were ORIGINALLY one of the most well guarded places in japan at that point... if the black knights could fight through all the knightmares that were protecting the building, break in, free the prisoner (before she was killed), and then recover the guran, then their is no way they wouldn't have been able to do the same to Llyod's ship... there was like no chance that Kallen was going to escape and take the guran as she would have been killed long before the black knights got close to the building...

What they did not take into account was that Lelouche would knock out all the power and the vast majority of their knightmares leaving them practically defenceless... the only thing they had left were soldiers, and they weren't exactly planning on an assasin that can freeze people (sorta), or a ninja (they're like the infantry version of the new guran... peons are useless against them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceazar Vi Brittania View Post
Me and my incomplete examples, well yeah maybe. Still I think she's got a brother complex and she forced herself to hate britannia cause she needed someone to blame for his death. You can see in one of the drama books she was smart when just a little kid and they all wanted a better life for her, but she forced herself into this and sometimes she is all " Die britannia" not really caring about who is good and evil, and other times she is like "Some are nice so why do i hate them so much". Then nisan complex pops out and she goes again "Die britannia". That's being hypocrite with herself.
Who says she doesn't believe in "some are nice" when she says "die britania"... i mean, "die britania!" is a lot simpler to say than "Die Britania, except for the ones that are actually kind of nice and don't share the emperor's viewpoints, don't fully approve of how the current gov't is run and may sympathize with the plight of the japanese and others that have been oppressed by the britanian royalty!"

Also can't forget another reason she fights is because of the life her real mother was forced to live in due to the britania's occupation

Quote:
That's why I told you he couldn't say he was a prince to the non japanese people, but even then the OBK is the same as Britannia in their chain of command, so if Ougi and Toudou were to side with him like they did before, It doesn't really matters what a million shit scumbags think of him and his secrets ....so they would suck it up and follow him anyway.
Problem here is that Ougi has been suspicious of Zero for a long time now (and currently he is practically being forced to work for zero), and Toudou is a man of fierce honor... many of Zero's secrets are things they could easily turn against

And the OBK doesn't really have a similar structure as britania... the united nations are only newly united and the people and former gov't of those nations will still to some level think of themselves separately from the the UN... for instance, China will not care what Toudou or Ougi think if Xing ke and Tanzi do not like it

Quote:
They keep saying that but that's not true. Diethard would somehow manipulate everything to make it like he wants to overthrow britannia's darwinism system, given that "Lelouch Vi britannia himself claimed to give up his place as a prince at an early age, to the emperor and every witness at the time ", meaning he wasn't after the throne in any sort of way. Plus I think there is an unspoken rule to compete with your brothers but never kill royalty as Schneizel hinted somewhere. And Zero has killed them.
How effective Diethard can be is hard to say... to say he can handle this perfectly is questionable at best. Zero's true identity is massive and it would be far easier to manipulate against him then it would be push it for him especially if you couple it with other actions like the real reason he sacrificed the rebellion last season... easy to see him as corrupt greedy royalty who is only fighting to kill his own family and rule the world for himself... one thing that doesn't help was the Charles pointing out that the side that wins the world will be the ruler and that Zero is the leader of one side

Quote:
But all they have now is useless data, asahina is death or missing and the dude with a name is also dead so who exactly will tell everyone they didn't find anything? It's all up to Toudou to betray him now I think.
the "dude with a name" gave the holy sword his "confession" before he died, that's why he told Toudou that they couldn't trust Zero

Toudou has a very strong sense of honor and would not support most of Zero's actions, that's why Lelouche kept him out of the loop and used other peons... He knows that he can manipulate the pawns and get them to side with his beliefs and question their own; that one soldier felt wrong about the attack but kept his mouth shut all the way until his demise... Toudou and his like have an unshakable will and beliefs which makes them difficult to manipulate; while they may not know everything about Zero, they think he has noble intentions and has gotten them very far and stand by him because of that... loose the noble intentions and then they may want to get rid of him

Quote:
Well that is described with only one word "Ungrateful bastards" (two actually). And please everyone in power is corrupted at the end, no matter how noble the ideals were in the first place, if they don't know that, they weren't even worth LL's time and effort.......although he was only using them
Fact of the matter is, many of the people that rally behind figures such as zero see him as a massive change for the world; they despise the corruption and want to bring it to an end... they may acknowledge that people in power are corrupt but believe that zero is beyond such corruption... they believe him to be noble and ideal and that is why they rallied behind him, and finding out that he is corrupt and has only been using them as unwitting pawns will shatter that view...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 01:31   Link #1117
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyakikung View Post
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/9561/detonationhf4.png

I mean this one.I'm confused who did it.Cornelia or Chigusa?
Cornelia. Villetta (because Chigusa is gone and Villetta needs to see the light) didn't have any explosives on her. She's not that well-prepared.
Old 2008-08-12, 01:36   Link #1118
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Episode 18 is up.

Spoiler for Theory Of A Live Girl:
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 02:06   Link #1119
manga852

You make a convincing argument so I'll keep my fingers crossed that she's still alive. Although I've already gotten over her dieing.
manga852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 02:07   Link #1120
Kakisho
Just Another

Send a message via AIM to Kakisho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Spoiler for Theory Of A Live Girl:
Very Intersting. Now that you've said this, this could possibly be the only way for Nunnally to live (unless another huge plottwist occur like the thousands we already have:
Spoiler for Plot Twists:

Though, since it's TV it's still possible that, the flow in the episode didn't go as smoothly as it could've went just because of how the episode was made. Coincidence? To explain: just becuase of everything you've discovered which COULD logically mean that Nunally is perfectly fine and that there was a decoy could all be there and coincidentaly work for this plan, but it didn't happen. Just becuase TV can't be perfect. There are probably hundreds more contradictions if you looked deep enough
Spoiler for My Prediction:

What was the emperor doing?