AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-27, 14:17   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Madoka Magica - Character Discussion - Sakura Kyoko

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Sakura Kyoko related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Madoka Magica fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 14:31   Link #2
Dharma

Final Hitode Tsukai toujou!
Old 2011-01-27, 14:35   Link #3
Seihai
スマイリウム

Well, it seems like Kyuube is responsible for a fixed area, and so called Kyouko to come over as a replacement for Mami. Or more like, to continue scheming his plans. As I understood it MGs from other areas can be called over by contractors if needed, though going from Kyuube's reaction it seems like they can't actually desginate a specific person. Anyway, as the official description already showed, Kyouko really does come over as heartless and egoistic but I'd like to believe there's a reason in that personality and behavior. I'm really interested in what her wish was, maybe a flinch of her past like for Mami and finally her role and especially her weapons and skills. At least before she pulls the short end like Mami did.

P.S.: The district thing really reminds me of TWGOK.
Old 2011-01-27, 14:38   Link #4
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

From what I feel, it may even be that Kyouko has coldly calculated how that she can incubate more witches by leading to as much collateral damage as possible, as the circle of grief feeds itself from the victims and their loved ones, thus allowing her to continue killing witches. It makes for the perfect crime if one will. The deaths cannot be directly attributed to her, despite her stake in the matter.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 15:20   Link #5
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I'm really interested in what her wish was, maybe a flinch of her past like for Mami and finally her role and especially her weapons and skills.
The correct word to describe her is "synical", a facade to hide her former and real self.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 16:45   Link #6
Mentar
Banned

Sayaka, meet your executor...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 18:29   Link #7
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Sayaka, meet your executor...
... or her victim.
Old 2011-01-27, 18:34   Link #8
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
... or her victim.
Nope. I won 10 QB tails with this episode, how about we double up?

My bet: Sayaka is going to turn into a witch over being screwed over by Kamijou and her subsequent unwillingness to do her MG part because she's depressed and feels cheated. And Kyouko is going to kill her after that. Most likely end of ep5, but ep6 at the latest.

Or, on the meta-level: Sayaka will be used to illustrate the danger of wishes for the sake of others rather than yourself, and to establish evidence for the "witches are falling MGs" meatgrinder. And by killing her, Madoka becomes even more isolated and mentally tortured.
Old 2011-01-27, 18:41   Link #9
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

My bet: Sayaka is going to turn into a witch over being screwed over by Kamijou and her subsequent unwillingness to do her MG part because she's depressed and feels cheated. And Kyouko is going to kill her after that. Most likely end of ep5, but ep6 at the latest.

Or, on the meta-level: Sayaka will be used to illustrate the danger of wishes for the sake of others rather than yourself, and to establish evidence for the "witches are falling MGs" meatgrinder. And by killing her, Madoka becomes even more isolated and mentally tortured.
I don't know what you mean with your first sentence >_<
Since I have no problem other than keep the discussion... lets start!

Kyouko starts taunting Sayaka about the failure of making a wish for other people messing with her whenever a witch appears and eventually leading them to fight each other. The possible outcome can be IMO is Sayaka dies, but Kyouko ends too weak/or badly injured to keep another fight and then boila! a witch appears because of Kyuube.

Of course the double death can cause even more mental torture on Madoka if she sees through Kyouko's background/past just like she did with Mami before her death, with Kyouko as a victim of her own wishes and Sayaka as the friend which he let die because of Madoka's fears and hesitation.
Old 2011-01-27, 19:01   Link #10
Mentar
Banned

The first bet was with guuchan over the question whether or not Mami would be resurrected

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 2011-01-27, 19:03   Link #11
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
The first bet was with guuchan over the question whether or not Mami would be resurrected

Sorry for the confusion.
Don't worry. Everyone thought Mami was too cool to be good and she was good on gray tone and then... episode 3 last minutes.
Old 2011-01-27, 19:42   Link #12
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:

I think Sayaka will be killed as a mahoshojo, not a witch, quite possibly by Kyoko. Although it doesn't rule out the possibility that after dying she'll become a witch.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 21:22   Link #13
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I'd like to wager that Kyoko dies before Sayaka. She looks like mid-boss material to me.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 21:57   Link #14
J the Drafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
I'd like to wager that Kyoko dies before Sayaka. She looks like mid-boss material to me.
I'm pretty sure you don't put mid-boss fodder characters in the opening credits. Main characters that die quickly and shockingly, yeah, but not mid-bosses.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 23:18   Link #15
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Anyways certainly not liking this girl from first impressions. I'm sure we'll find out more about her, but not liking someone who is actively planning to murder another person just to increase the size of their area.
Quote:

Sorry for the confusion.
Well I hope the bet was at least over her getting revived in the latest episode and not overall. Long as there are wishes left still a possibility .
Old 2011-01-28, 00:06   Link #16
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

kyoko's character is very interesting.. but her death might come as a shock. it'd be sudden. so i'm betting she dies before sayaka or, both will die the same time. i'm having horrid thoughts about how she'll die. or..or, she won't die at all..L0L..
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 01:19   Link #17
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Kafuka as Kyoko......it makes sooooo much sense.....
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 01:24   Link #18
Jimmy C

Kyoko's translated profile says she's willing to use her magic for personal gain. This implies that the girls don't need to transform to use their magic at all. It also implies that she's confident she can hunt down enough witches to keep her Soul Gem lit even though she's using it more often in noncombat situations than other magical girls.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 01:47   Link #19
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I think Kyoko will die in HomuHomu's hand.

Before or after Kyoko kill Sayaka, I can't say.
Old 2011-01-28, 02:29   Link #20
scr
my sides are in orbit

After, i say.
- Kyoko screws Kamijo (not in that way) For The Evulz (well, to create grief).
- Grieving Sayaka turns into witch.
- Kyoko kills Sayaka, loots Grief Seed.
- Homerun shoots Kyoko from behind. Karmic Death.

Oh, and i get tons of Nao vibe from Kyoko, red hair notwithstanding.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters