AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-23, 22:24   Link #81
james0246

^I think he instinctively knew that Old Dude was a worthless opponent, so he went for the quick kill so that he could get a piece of Ichigo's or Byakuya's battles (and since Bya-kun will probably be defeated next week, we might see Tsuki get a new opponent).
Old 2011-10-24, 00:06   Link #82
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

Quote:
(and since Bya-kun will probably be defeated next week, we might see Tsuki get a new opponent).
heh?!? then I want Captain Hitsugaya ^^ (give me more fanservice... )

Tsukishima started the arc with his cool mindrapping Ichigo, there Ichigo really freaks out............ but i think Byakuya is not that easy to mindrapped considering his character. >_>

If Kubo is not that predictable in terms of the fights, I guess I would really love Captain Hitsugaya vs Tsukishima. I want to see a freak out Captain Hitsugaya again lol

then, just imagine if Kenpachi faced Riruka instead, rofl -- that's fun and hilarious to imagine ^^ a Kenpachi plushie~

Ichimaru Gin
Old 2011-10-24, 02:39   Link #83
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm imagining Riruka being ripped apart by Kenpachi, even as a plushie. D:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-10-24, 02:42   Link #84
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Kenpachi could be even more cruel and hand her over to Yachiru.
Old 2011-10-24, 11:54   Link #85
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I'm imagining Riruka being ripped apart by Kenpachi, even as a plushie. D:

OMG You almost killed me!!!! I am allergic to these thoughts

Riruka better not die and no way would Kenpachi rip her apart

@sayde--what are you talking about? He stabbed Ichigo quick, Ichigo running and getting the resolve to cut him gave him the opportunity to land a hit and prolong the moment a bit, otherwise it was over pretty fast. With Noi, he couldn't land hit with his sword, until he did that bullshit Kendo move. Zaraki didn't change, his opponent was weak enough to be one shotted
Old 2011-10-24, 15:17   Link #86
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
@sayde--what are you talking about? He stabbed Ichigo quick, Ichigo running and getting the resolve to cut him gave him the opportunity to land a hit and prolong the moment a bit, otherwise it was over pretty fast.
I suggest going back and rereading chapter 103. That quick stab you're likely referring to wasn't actually a stab. Ichigo immediately referred to it as an illusion caused by Ken's killing intent. You should notice that Ichigo didn't have any actual stab wounds in the following panels. So the fight didn't officially begin that way.

Then go on to read chapter 104. Here's what Ken stated:
Quote:
you're still far weaker than me...How about this? I'll give you a chance. Cut me anywhere you want and don't hold back.
That's how Ichigo and Ken's fight began. Ken didn't simply go in for the one hit kill just because he felt his opponent was weak. There's a drastic difference in comparison to how he fought Giriko. Ichigo was given a chance. Giriko was given absolutely no chance. I think Byakuya is rubbing off on him.
Old 2011-10-24, 16:01   Link #87
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Main characters get these kinds of perks xD Giriko's an odd case, no sob story, no hax power-ups, maybe Kubo felt like he made one too many FBs and decided to ink this one out of existence...
Old 2011-10-25, 15:35   Link #88
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Given that he could not get a strong opponent just because the room closed, to someone like Kenpachi, i would be surprised if he did not on shot the old fella if he could.

When you're already pissed about something and some weakling idiot comes over telling you how strong he is and how he's going to beat you up, you do have this tendency to shove their words right back into their mouth literally.

Its not like Kenpachi is some pacifist or kind brotherly person!
Old 2011-10-25, 16:03   Link #89
Mateus

I'm expecting Giriko to have used some kind of pre-battle time spell so maybe he can take himself back into time by rewinding the battle and still be alive that way? We didn't get to see everything that Time tells no lies has to offer, and the enhanced version might actually allow him to control time itself.
Old 2011-10-25, 21:27   Link #90
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
That's how Ichigo and Ken's fight began. Ken didn't simply go in for the one hit kill just because he felt his opponent was weak. There's a drastic difference in comparison to how he fought Giriko. Ichigo was given a chance. Giriko was given absolutely no chance. I think Byakuya is rubbing off on him.
Like james said earlier, Kenpachi only does this when he finds an opponent "interesting". Kenpachi thought Ichigo had the potential offer him a challenge... if he didn't immediately crush him while he was frozen like a deer in headlights by his killing intent. But aside from the initial first attack he offered Ichigo, Ken didn't really go easy on him either (aside from his usual courtesy of wearing the eyepatch and not using kendo), the reason Ichigo was able to survive longer was because he was smart enough to run away instead of charging like an idiot as Giriko did. But as soon as he faced Kenpachi head on, Kenpachi quickly went for the death stroke and Ichigo would've died there had it not been for Zangetsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I'm expecting Giriko to have used some kind of pre-battle time spell so maybe he can take himself back into time by rewinding the battle and still be alive that way? We didn't get to see everything that Time tells no lies has to offer, and the enhanced version might actually allow him to control time itself.
I'd love to see that twist, but I doubt it. Most likely Giriko is the D-Roy of the fullbringer group.

Old 2011-10-26, 05:37   Link #91
sayde

The thread for chapter 470 has been created here. So please direct relevant discussions regarding this chapter into it's appropriate thread once spoilers are released.
Closed Thread