AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-02-23, 18:40   Link #21
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Are all of those listed one-shots other than KamiMemo and Sayonara Piano Sonata?
I actually names all that have more than one volumes.

Quote:
Does anyone know how copyright laws work? I was wondering if it's possible for this to get an anime.

In KamiMemo, Colorado Bulldog was supposed to be Narumi's ringtone, but they took that out in the anime. I was wondering if all these song references in Sayonara Piano Sonata would face copyright issues as well.
I remember someone mentionning that issue too. It's like COD with its weapons.
Old 2012-02-23, 21:52   Link #22
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
they are different for each country.

And i highly doubt this series will get a green light for anime.
It lacks the Ecchi / Action which series like this require for it to be green lite for anime.
I'd consider "a series like this" to be Toradora, Ano Hana, Hanasaku Iroha, Kimi ni Todoke and Tamayura Hitose, none of which had more than light fanservice and minimal action.

The cost of the music probably would be prohibitive if they were absolutely faithful to the books, but the stuff that's absolutely plot-essential is classical, which is mostly public domain.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 22:44   Link #23
Luminisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I'd consider "a series like this" to be Toradora, Ano Hana, Hanasaku Iroha, Kimi ni Todoke and Tamayura Hitose, none of which had more than light fanservice and minimal action.

The cost of the music probably would be prohibitive if they were absolutely faithful to the books, but the stuff that's absolutely plot-essential is classical, which is mostly public domain.
Doing the music is tricky, because, in my opinion, it will always fall short of what you have in your imagination. I don't want it to fall into the trap of Nodame Cantible where I just simply skipped over the music parts because the recording quality was poor or it was just simply boring.

Same problem with books turning into movies. Certain scenes just doesn't play out perfectly as you imagined it, and when it comes to music it is a lot more tricky, because the medium just can't convey what the character is feeling and experiencing to us the way words can.

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 09:10   Link #24
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminisk View Post
Doing the music is tricky, because, in my opinion, it will always fall short of what you have in your imagination. I don't want it to fall into the trap of Nodame Cantible where I just simply skipped over the music parts because the recording quality was poor or it was just simply boring.

Same problem with books turning into movies. Certain scenes just doesn't play out perfectly as you imagined it, and when it comes to music it is a lot more tricky, because the medium just can't convey what the character is feeling and experiencing to us the way words can.
And certain scenes do play out as perfectly as imagined. Look at the Fate/Stay Night anime vs Fate/Zero.

More often than not, most problems with adaptations come from the poor direction (and because of that, could have been avoided or fixed) as opposed to restrictions from the medium.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 22:20   Link #25
Shadow5YA

Sorry for the double post, but manga chapter 12 is out.

While I like KamiMemo's plot more, I feel that the main couple here has a far more special relationship than Narumi's relationship with Alice or Ayaka.
Old 2012-02-24, 23:54   Link #26
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well, this LN really need an anime.... I only read the manga and I'm very curious about the music... I just can't imagine how to play such a difficult classical music in a electric guitar, bass, or even in a band

it's boring at the beginning... but after they develop Hikawa and Mafuyu character, it's starting to look interesting.... a music critique and a piano prodigy have transformed into a guitar-bass pair....

their past is already predicted... but now, it's all depends about how they will end all of this
hopefully this is just a beginning... let them have fun with their band

I wonder how far is the manga adaptation.... hopefully this is only volume 1 adaptation... I don't really want this manga to end quickly (5 volume for LN is quite short)

epic quote :

"I'm separated from you, but by playing this music together, it's almost like I'm by your side" (Ebisawa Mafuyu)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 09:04   Link #27
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Sorry for the double post, but manga chapter 12 is out.

While I like KamiMemo's plot more, I feel that the main couple here has a far more special relationship than Narumi's relationship with Alice or Ayaka.
I think that Narumi doesn't look at Alice the same our protagonist looks at Mafuyu. But holy, that was quite...romantic, I think.
Old 2012-02-25, 11:21   Link #28
zgmfx09a

Well, I'll just take this opportunity to thank whoever is reading the translated LN from CE. Thanks for putting up with the shoddily-done translations by me.

Next, some of my inputs about the manga. The way I view the manga is this: compared to the LN, the manga has cut down on a lot of the the emotional lines and scenes of Mafuyu, and chose to portray her in a much cuter light. Not that Mafuyu in the LN isn't cute, but they do it differently.

Drkmerc, one of my editors for the LN, commented that he liked Chiaki the most in the manga, while it's not the same case for the LN. Quite interesting.

Lastly, the CE team has reached a consensus that Ebichiri looks like a mad man in the manga. Manga-Tetsurou is a totally different person as compared to the one in the LN, and is undoubtedly the inferior version out of the two. I want my middle-aged L.

Also, a slight comment on vol 2 of the LN. Personally, it is the weakest out of the four volumes, although it is still an enjoyable ride. The story gets really interesting when it hits volume 3 onwards.
zgmfx09a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 13:54   Link #29
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx09a View Post
Well, I'll just take this opportunity to thank whoever is reading the translated LN from CE. Thanks for putting up with the shoddily-done translations by me.

Next, some of my inputs about the manga. The way I view the manga is this: compared to the LN, the manga has cut down on a lot of the the emotional lines and scenes of Mafuyu, and chose to portray her in a much cuter light. Not that Mafuyu in the LN isn't cute, but they do it differently.

Drkmerc, one of my editors for the LN, commented that he liked Chiaki the most in the manga, while it's not the same case for the LN. Quite interesting.

Lastly, the CE team has reached a consensus that Ebichiri looks like a mad man in the manga. Manga-Tetsurou is a totally different person as compared to the one in the LN, and is undoubtedly the inferior version out of the two. I want my middle-aged L.

Also, a slight comment on vol 2 of the LN. Personally, it is the weakest out of the four volumes, although it is still an enjoyable ride. The story gets really interesting when it hits volume 3 onwards.
Eh, I'd say crazy looking Ebichiri is a fair portrayal considering how much Mafuyu is pressured by him in the first book.
Old 2012-02-25, 16:17   Link #30
Luminisk

Thanks for your hard work zgmfx09a, and the rest of the staff at CE.

Reading the first four chapters of volume 2 hurts, not because of the translation, but because of how dense Nao is; being called out for it by other characters only pours salt on the wound.
Spoiler for Vol. 2 Chpt. 3:

God, that line stabbed my chest with a million needles.

I'm enjoying both the LN and manga. Four main volumes might be short, but Id rather have it this way than have it dragged out for the sake of plot and a forlorn conclusion.

Last edited by Luminisk; 2012-02-25 at 16:32.
Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:21   Link #31
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminisk View Post
Thanks for your hard work zgmfx09a, and the rest of the staff at CE.

Reading the first four chapters of volume 2 hurts, not because of the translation, but because of how dense Nao is; being called out for it by other characters only pours salt on the wound.
Spoiler for Vol. 2 Chpt. 3:

God, that line stabbed my chest with a million needles.

I'm enjoying both the LN and manga. Four main volumes might be short, but Id rather have it this way than have it dragged out for the sake of plot and a forlorn conclusion.
In Naomi's defense, I don't think he's really that interested in romance. His perception of love might be dulled since his parents divorced. He obviously sees Mafuyu as special, but I don't think love is something that would cross his mind so easily.
Old 2012-03-02, 04:14   Link #32
Shadow5YA

Sorry for the double post, but LN book 2 chapter 6 is out.

There's something lovely about the romance in this series. Even if Naomi is technically a harem protagonist now since more than one girl likes him, I feel that each girl as a legitimate and elaborate reason for trusting him that can't just be explained in a few words... or at least Mafuyu and Kyouko do.
Old 2012-03-02, 17:15   Link #33
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Sorry for the double post, but LN book 2 chapter 6 is out.

There's something lovely about the romance in this series. Even if Naomi is technically a harem protagonist now since more than one girl likes him, I feel that each girl as a legitimate and elaborate reason for trusting him that can't just be explained in a few words... or at least Mafuyu and Kyouko do.
Isn't that more a love triangle?
Old 2012-03-02, 18:56   Link #34
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
I'm pretty sure Mafuyu, Kyouko, and Chiaki all like him. We just haven't seen Chiaki's side yet.
Old 2012-03-02, 19:32   Link #35
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
thats only if he doesnt love them equally.. and favoritism is shown to one party.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 14:45   Link #36
Shadow5YA

Manga chapter 13 is out.

Oh my god, Mafuyu is adorable. That part about her planning for them to become street performers and travel around the world was romantic.
Old 2012-04-01, 17:53   Link #37
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Manga chapter 13 is out.

Oh my god, Mafuyu is adorable. That part about her planning for them to become street performers and travel around the world was romantic.
Reminds me of "Playing for Change"...
Old 2012-04-01, 18:10   Link #38
~Yami~

Spoiler for 13:

If the novel already translated completely, I want to read it! this is very good story
Old 2012-04-26, 22:41   Link #39
jonald101

did nao and mafuyu became a couple in the end or with another girl or no one?
jonald101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 06:52   Link #40
~Yami~

Spoiler for 14:

Tags
band, club, light novel, music, school life