AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-01, 01:10   Link #61
Neomang5
Bwahahahaha

Send a message via AIM to Neomang5
I think that's a bit harsh NSW. I mean, they werent brilliant, but then again there are a couple factors that can skew it. We dont really hear much of them, a few lines, and not even really good ones. Also, it seems to be mostly quick sound and video clips. You dont really get a feel for how the voice flows and uses intonation. Basically, what we can ascertain from the trailer is a basic idea of what the voices will be like, and how they translated it.

Personally, I didnt think Ichi's voice was so bad, if not a bit monotone (which does kind of fit his mood). Rukia's voice was where I was impressed. It sounded older, more mature, while still having the tone of youth. Very like Rukia. I like the term Shinigami, but Soul Reaper is my favorite translation of it, so I'm still pretty satisfied.

Still, I think it's only fair to reserve final judgement on the voices until at least 3 episodes in. After all, it's not unheard of for the first episode's dub to suck, and then 3-4 episodes later be pretty damn good.

Also, Tatsuki has Faye's VA! <3
Old 2006-09-01, 06:45   Link #62
Nuzzles

Well, it's much better than I was expecting it to be. But I did have very low expectations, which I guess is a good thing since it isn't GREAT, but it's most definately watchable.
Old 2006-09-01, 07:07   Link #63
tetsuo
In Classic Form

Thumbs down

Oh please. Man If you watch adultswim late at night you'll actually see the commerical with the enligh voice cast or just look it up on youtube.com. Man Ichigo's voice sounds like he's not a teen! And Ishida's and Ichigo's voice's need to be traded. Rukia, he voice actor made he feel totally girly when we all know that Rukia is alittle girly you know when she's talking to people in her humen body. GAH i just felt like stabbing someone when i heard voices, its like naruto all over again, minus the annoying catch phrase, at least hopefully. Gah...i just hope that they don't stop fansubing it.
Old 2006-09-01, 07:24   Link #64
Nuzzles

Come on Tetsuo, don't be like that. Now, although I've only heard Ichigo and Rukia's voice, it doesn't seem to be anywhere near as bad as Naruto.

I guess I'll download a few episodes when they air. (I live in New Zealand, so chances are I won't be seeing it on Adult Swim for a while now. Hell, I don't think we even have Naruto yet.)
Old 2006-09-01, 09:08   Link #65
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

It really sounds like a decent dub. The voices fit (Ichigo's one sounds a bit strange but I love Rukia's voice) but as long as the voice actors do their best, it could be alright. Well, it will also depend on the quality of translation and the potential censoring (is there censoring anyway?).
Old 2006-09-04, 14:53   Link #66
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

After veiwing the DUBBED Bleach trailer , here are my angst stricken observations

Ichigo : Sounds like he is divorced with two kids not a 15 year old . And he lacks the passion in his voice .

Rukia : Is to damn suttle and her voice doesnt quite do justice to her character .

Reccomendations to all Voice Actors : Get a New job or please change your Proffesion .
Old 2006-09-05, 00:38   Link #67
83jnd8

..anybody remember "I found you!"? I'm just happy that did turn out to be incorrect or fake...
Old 2006-09-05, 01:38   Link #68
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

I always get a kick out of people who are not actors acting like they wrote the book on voice acting. It gives me hope that one day my dream of becoming leader of the free world might actually happen.
Old 2006-09-05, 01:50   Link #69
falconco

Anyone know who is playing zaraki, please tell me someone good
Old 2006-09-06, 06:39   Link #70
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
I always get a kick out of people who are not actors acting like they wrote the book on voice acting. It gives me hope that one day my dream of becoming leader of the free world might actually happen.

I did write book on voice acting , sadly it didnt get published or even noticed Best of luck on taking over the world part .I am with you in spirit and body .

Jokes aside, the dubbers or voice actor are indeed pathetic compared to their Japanese counterparts .They dont even posses an iota of skills esp in voice modulation . A dubber has three emotins in his kitty, Angry Happy and Sad . While the Seiyu have the widest range of expressions which they can emote through their voices .There is also the other factor ..expeirence . A seiyu is a fulltime extremly well paid proffesion in Japan and Siyus are treated as Mini-Celbirties . In Bleach Itself, all the major seiyu have done more than 50 roles and some even above 200 .

Rarely very rarely a dub is better than the origanal ( Heat Guy J ) .. But Sadly Ichigo and Rukia voice actors suck beyond doubt ..
Old 2006-09-06, 13:30   Link #71
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_shinigami
Rarely very rarely a dub is better than the origanal ( Heat Guy J ) .. But Sadly Ichigo and Rukia voice actors suck beyond doubt ..
ironic you'd say Heat Guy J's dub is better than the original then say Ichigo's voice actor should just quite. Besides, those were lines that didn't require much in the way of emotion.

as for the experience part, if you want to get techincal Bosch has given his voice to more roles that Morita. And I'd say Rukia's voice actor has shown impressive range in the past. She's also playing Yuzu.

Did you read the thread here in AnimeSuki about the pay animators and seiyuus make? I would not say they are "well paid" considering everything they have to do.

Japanese is naturally a more emotive language than English, which is more monotone. You couldn't ask for two more completely different languages. Which is why it's silly to expect near identical performances unless the Japanese voice director is involved with the dubbing (like with FLCL)
Old 2006-09-06, 20:11   Link #72
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Hmmm I did use rarely very rarely what part of that you didn’t get ...Lets rephrase Heat guy J is an anomaly in dubbing .Sounds better?

Rukia really ... You do watch too much dubs don’t you .Bosch needs to find an alternative careers …coz he is really lousy at what he does and it’s definitely not voice acting 

Voice Actors: Washed out Actors.

And seiyus are indeed well paid I have read that thread .They are far better paid then their dubbing counterparts .Its the Animators who are paid peanuts .Animation is mostly outsourced to Korea by Japan . As Korean animators work for way cheaper than their Japanese counterparts

I didn’t know that, I felt voice modulation was key to emoting. Japanese is more emotive than English are you serious oO

FLCL dubs sucked hardcore, all the voice actors sound like their pants are on fire if you have indeed watched FLCL with subs you would know the difference in quality.

Urahara Shinichiro Miki : 234 roles till date

Orhime Yuki Matsuoka : 44 roles till date

Yoruichi Satsuki Yukino : 32 roles till date

Rukia Fumiko Orikasa : 25 Roles till date

Ichigo Masakazu Morita : 12 roles till date

Ishida Noriaki Sugiyama : 10 roles tills date

As long as the voice actors in anime don’t reach the quality which Disney movie Voice actors use. I would still state Dubbers in anime are Pathetic
Old 2006-09-06, 21:57   Link #73
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_shinigami
Hmmm I did use rarely very rarely what part of that you didn’t get ...Lets rephrase Heat guy J is an anomaly in dubbing .Sounds better?

Rukia really ... You do watch too much dubs don’t you .Bosch needs to find an alternative careers …coz he is really lousy at what he does and it’s definitely not voice acting 
You realise Bosch was in that anomaly right? In fact I'd call it his most outstanding performance yet.

Let's see, I've seen every dub ever aired on Toonami, Adult Swim, and Anime Unleashed as well as random ones that seem to pop up on premium channels (though none were that good) and Funimations sindicated anime block on Colours TV (Kodocha, Galaxy Railways, Spiral, and Cased Closed). It'd take too long to list the DVDs so I'll leave it at that (but I always check both tracks to see which will work better for me). So I pretty much watch as much dub as I do sub.

Quote:
FLCL dubs sucked hardcore, all the voice actors sound like their pants are on fire if you have indeed watched FLCL with subs you would know the difference in quality.
I've watched it both subbed and dubbed. Never have I heard two voice tracks so creepily similar.

Urahara Shinichiro Miki : 234 roles till date

not casted in dub

Orhime Yuki Matsuoka (Can't stand her voice for Bleach): 44 roles till date

Stephanie Sheh: Relative newcomer with only 9 roles so far

Yoruichi Satsuki Yukino : 32 roles till date

Not casted in dub

Rukia Fumiko Orikasa : 25 Roles till date

Michelle Ruff: Around 136 (give or take 2) different anime with mutiple roles in some

Ichigo Masakazu Morita : 12 roles till date

Bosch: 28 roles till date

Ishida Noriaki Sugiyama : 10 roles tills date

Derek Stephen Prince: Around 50 different anime (give or take a few) but did multiple roles in some of them

This is fun let's keep going

Tatsuki Junko Noda: 63 roles till date

Wendee Lee: 190 roles till date

Isshin Toshiyuki Morikawa: 181

Patrick Seitz: 26

Karin Rie Kugimiya: 65

Kate Higgens: 15

Keigo Katsuyuki Konishi: 90

Yuri Lowenthal: 35

Yuzu Tomoe Sakuragawa: 12

Michelle Ruff: See Rukia

Interesting, for the most part, the seiyuus for the main characters have fewer roles than the dubbers but the opposite is true for the more minor characters.

Quote:
I didn’t know that, I felt voice modulation was key to emoting. Japanese is more emotive than English are you serious oO
Uh yeah. Japanese is a more fluent and generally more expressive language than English. Ever heard seiyuus going from speaking fluent Japanese to "fluent" english for a character? Sounds slow and often retarded. Of course, part of the reason is because they're speaking a language they barely know but I definataly think English sounds more monotone and slower than Japanese. It's part of the reason seiyuus are more prone to over-acting (At least that's what I've heard and read in a few interviews with directors). The languages are like night and day really.

Have you ever been dissatisfied with a Japanese performance in an anime? No offense but you're coming off as one of those people who wouldn't know a bad Japanese performace if it was blaired into their ears.

Last edited by Royal_Devil; 2006-09-06 at 22:55.
Old 2006-09-07, 05:38   Link #74
fr0z3nShade
Teh baldz

I got curious and wanted to hear JYB's voice. I found this clip of him dubbing a character on Eureka 7. Thought I'd share.

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/eurek...bed/index.html
Old 2006-09-07, 23:49   Link #75
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Just saw the Bleach dub commercial. Ichigo & Rukia's voices fit them pretty nicely.
Old 2006-09-09, 01:19   Link #76
Vulcannis

English dub impressions

Well it's aired now on YTV. I'll always associate the japanese voices with the characters so I can't say I really liked the voice actors... I guess Ichigo's was okay but Rukia and Kon just struck me as odd. Rukia's little picture explanation and her back and forth with Ichigo just didn't have the right feel. Ah well.

But the good news is they didn't seem to mangle it. Full uncut OP, ED, and preview. They used zanpaktou and kidou which was nice, and they've done a better job with name pronounciation than the Naruto dub too. I'd have prefered they kept shinigami rather than use death reaper, but it's not that big a deal.

Overall... I'll watch it. Other than the voice preference, everything else seems pretty top notch. How many other series have aired with a full OP/ED in NA?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-09-09 at 01:42. Reason: Threads merged because the discussion is old, even if the dub is new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-09-09, 01:42   Link #77
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis
Overall... I'll watch it. Other than the voice preference, everything else seems pretty top notch. How many other series have aired with a full OP/ED in NA?
On YTV? Most shows, actually. In fact, Eureka seveN also aired with full OP and ED, which is awesome since it didn't in the US. ^_^
Old 2006-09-09, 02:57   Link #78
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge
On YTV? Most shows, actually. In fact, Eureka seveN also aired with full OP and ED, which is awesome since it didn't in the US. ^_^
Hrm, now that I think harder I guess InuYasha and GitS had full OP/EDs too. I guess the butchering of Naruto, Gundam SEED, FMA, etc.'s OP/EDs were foremost in my mind when I wrote that.
Old 2006-09-09, 04:52   Link #79
ThoHell

It's horrible the anime is ruined.....someone kill me....
Old 2006-09-09, 23:07   Link #80
taelmx
Rising Sun

The English Dub

Ok, I saw it already, and I'd have to say that the dubbing was halfway decent, except Rukia and Kon were really off.
Closed Thread