AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-05-23, 10:20   Link #201
mamott99
The Burning Toilet

Send a message via AIM to mamott99 Send a message via MSN to mamott99 Send a message via Yahoo to mamott99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
*coughTsukihimecough*
PLEASE don't tell me you're one of those people who believe "There is no Tsukihime anime", Comar...

Otherwise I WILL have to shoot you for spreading 4chan propaganda. -_-;
mamott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 10:53   Link #202
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Why do I sense that I will not like the answer?
That is because the answer you seek lies within...the chat room

---------------
Fanime for me today through Monday

*Tomino happy dance*

Got my badges yesterday :3
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 10:58   Link #203
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Comartemis is gonna be angry. Meh, i don't care.

Spoiler for The Beginning:

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 10:59   Link #204
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Ye lazy bum!

It's at the very end of the post, though.

=====

Come online faster! I need to ask you what games should I get for my PS2 slotted for acquisition this Saturday (finally!)!
Ahhh...that's part 1? Then I've read it, apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
*punts FA and runs from the transformation ray guns*

*hands LE transformation serum before blasting off*

Quote:
DFC!!! DFC!!!

*RUNS*

Yummy~~

Quote:
Kagerou is not answering, though from the fanfiction thread I gather that they're being... somewhat creative.
Hmm...nothing good I assume.

Quote:
That should probably happen frequently.

Quote:
.... Can you honestly see either Nanoha or Fate say that?
*shrugs* Don't tell me, I just get the feeling Comart was looking at something like that. Since he went with the beating Nanoha and stuff with his previous draft. If those are scrapped then just ignore my suggestions. :3
Old 2008-05-23, 11:06   Link #205
Melodius Trueheart
Der Erbe zu Altem Belka

You thought I couldn't do it. Then again...neither did I.

I have overcome my doubts, transcended my fears...and I have achieved what once seemed impossible...

Now prepare for...

BACKLOG........................................... ....................BREAKER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post

Spoiler for because I really want to do this:

"
X
F
D

But the key question must always be asked...how flat????

Quote:
I thought of Blaster System akin to a chip. The chip's function is *etc*, but depending on the machine-type and the purpose of the machine's user, the external attachments, cards, plugs, needs and everything differ individually, where if Fate is the one to use B.S instead, it would be... I dunno, ZANKANTOU Zamber?
Lol Hayate Blaster System...that would be some real B.S. right there haha. Of course, she'd probably kill herself.

In any case, New Sonic Form uses as much energy as B.S, or at least that's what I gathered from Nanoha being so concerned about Fate not using her new limit break. Even though New Sonic Form did not seem to appreciably increase Fate's speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal
NO.

DO NOT START A SHIP WAR.

If you do, I will make it my personal cause to grind you into dust. I am NOT joking.
I take it you're a veteran of many ship wars, eh?

NanohaxNobody ftw xddddd
Quote:
You do have a point...I think, and I'm not pointing fingers here or anything, that some of the hostility on the old thread was due partially to the...zealous...attitude of our busters. Although, I guess you can't really claim that title without a bit of bluntness.
I would say "Don't bust for the sake of doing it, you're doing it for the overall good of the thread". If you do it to pump yourself up, you might end up just alienating new members.

Of course, it's incumbent on the people being reviewed to actually MAKE the changes and appreciate that they need to tone things down.

Quote:
Now THAT is the model for safe OCing. I must admit I myself take a lot of risks in never running anything past people first...but it hasn't caused me major problems yet (except with PF, although you're one to talk about that, Phoenix )
I'd definitely agree with running things by people; My characters and my general understanding of OC got a lot better when I started going into IRC and *talking* to the members.

Quote:
Nanoha: How was that?

Tester: It...it hurt...

Nanoha: Scale of 1 to 10? 10 being really bad.

Tester: Um...4?

Nanoha: Alright then! Let's increase the output by 20% and try again. It needs more power!

Tester: ...mommy...
Mahou Shoujo SADISTIC Nanoha???

Quote:
I had a plan that delwed into the story behind the creation of the 'general Blaster System', but whatever.
Oh I definitely plan to address the Blaster System, as well as Raising Heart itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare
There doesn't seem to be any canon proof that those who relive their childhood again rises up in their magic ranks. One good example is Zest, who remains at S. Of course, continuous trainings after the revival may increase that. I don't really get the "going through her childhood" part, since she should basically retain her past memory.
Er...The way I saw it, she was basically a trained assassin from childhood, so I figure a couple of years of extra training would be enough to make the jump from "borderline S" to S-rank

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
I'm posting my newest work (Asclei Rebuild isnt done yet). Well, here it is. BTW, I'll be explaining what the Arc is exactly later, I just had to make a background for this character first. Also, the information about this character MAY change later.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The exchange between Asclei and Lanos made me chuckle; I like both the picture and the profile, and I figure this is some sort of "ice kingdom"?

Also, is there any more info on this rebellion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon
Speaking of underpowered. I tend to go for something more or less average or underpowered, and work my way up slowly, rather than the other way around. That way, at least I get less "OMG WTF IS THIS HAXX?" and more suggestions on how to improve it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Dunno, aside from the contradiction in the battle event, its kinda wobbly to have a 14-15 year old matching the best of the best the bureau has to offer. It seems forcefull and radiates 'lol! Plotdevice!' Personally, I think the entire rivalry with Fate needs rethinking, as is her being responsible for Nanoha's injuries.
Imo Iris doesn't need to *match* Fate; I think that it would be enough to have her give Fate a decent fight, and focus on the interactional antagonism. In any case, since they're both going to be on the same side at that point, its not like said fight would be taken to its conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Second, it reeks of Orochimaru Syndrome.
Er...what is Orochimaru Syndrome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon
Chop chop bed time for me. Gonna rest before getting up for the big Champion's League final. *runs away from anti-football fans (the type you actually use your feet to play, mind)*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki
That is because the answer you seek lies within...the chat room
aww, if keroko doesn't want the nice safe friendly chat, she doesn't have to amrite?

Still fucking pissed at Drogba for effectively costing us the match, as well as the fucking Russians for giving us that crappy field that REALLY cost us the match

OKAY, so it wasn't that big of a breaker ((

I lack beamuspamu-fu powah ._.
Melodius Trueheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 11:08   Link #206
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I just realised that Melodius and I had some pretty good conversations and discussions about the backstory of one of his OCs and I just remembered that I was really annnoyed at him and his first OC attempts.

Running things by people works WONDERS people. Otherwise Alpha would have been even more WTF.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-23, 11:11   Link #207
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
PLEASE don't tell me you're one of those people who believe "There is no Tsukihime anime", Comar...

Otherwise I WILL have to shoot you for spreading 4chan propaganda. -_-;
No, I just thought the first two episodes were a pile of crap. Didn't bother to watch past that point. I was expecting another FSN and I got a load of garbage.

Quote:
*shrugs* Don't tell me, I just get the feeling Comart was looking at something like that. Since he went with the beating Nanoha and stuff with his previous draft. If those are scrapped then just ignore my suggestions. :3
Yeah, that's pretty much scrapped. My new project is finding a believable non-contrived way to make the Aces immortal somewhere down the line, probably by making them into replacements for Excalibur's version of the Guardian Knight system, namely the Servants of FSN.

@Goose: Before you ask, no, I wasn't kidding last night when I said this project had enough FSN references to make Kha choke.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 11:13   Link #208
Tormenk

A sounding board with a different view and opinion can be invaluable, no doubts about that.

And I'm curious. Do tell the WTF things that had been scrapped in Alpha. =3

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 11:19   Link #209
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Rein Eins. As Infected Rein Eins. As Omega's bride.

Oh and we were going to turn everyone into Tang.

Oh and Franz was supposed to have reached garlock too :P

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-23, 11:40   Link #210
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Magic is impressive, but now Noland leads! Swords for everyone!

RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!

In other news, YEEEEAH SHIKI~! <3
Man, swords are so overused. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
What? Outer Cadia has experienced a death and rebirth?

Goddammit, I wasn't here to witness the rise of the phoenix but considering how I didn't contribute much before this event it could not be helped after all.

Oh, well.

I just have to be happy that Outer Cadia still lives on, though it's too bad that I didn't have enough material to contribute to the reincarnation. Oh wait; I do have one- make it two.

Spoiler for megane DFC miko DO WANT:

Spoiler for because I really want to do this:

Yes, people, I may not be active, but that doesn't mean this Dark God of Armpit Fan Service is not alive. You will not see it when I strike.
Heh, welcome back to the madness. Blink and you miss the whole restart, that's the kind of craziness that goes on here, ne? :3

And moar DFC do want. *runs*

Quote:
The Grandia one isn't, as far as I know. But the fact that she's a girl made me laugh.
Oh yes, you really need more ambiguity around yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post

:3
Oh yeah...you're still stuck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
*ninjas in*

A delivery. =3

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha GuardianS

Transition, Part Two—Avenger

Spoiler for Transition, Part Two—Avenger:

=====

Note: Thirteen pages in Word document, it's a bad sign. <_< The (rather short) transition chapters are supposed to reveal things in more depths that won't appear in the storyline until much later. This one has some ties to the previous transition, so it's connected in some way (quite easy to spot, also ). And I think someone might have a very good idea how the plot is going to be, because this spoils quite a bit. Well, if it doesn't create headaches first.

*ninjas out from rampaging mobs*

*deploys Anti-Harisen Field against FieryAeon for this cliffy (?)*
And once more PF deploys a bluecheese bomb...

I like the "told from thoughts" perspective you took here, it gives a sense of recollection. Our mysterious "Avenger" looks like he's had quite a past. Looking forward to more. *thumbs up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Vita has tamed a miniature giant space hamster?
[Attempting to compute mental image...]

[Compute failed.]
Quote:
I wanted to bring Himavarka, the barbarian, in. But I hold back in doing so.

Try picturing a black-haired humanoid with three green on green eyes a la Fremen from Dune, towering you from his 230 cm, covered with tribal tattoos, armed with a set of six javelines, a pair of throwing axes, a full belt of throwing knives, a dagger and a morgenstern. And it is just his secondary weaponry. His main weapon is a demon, that have taken the form of sentient crimson two-handed sword that have the ability to leech life and mana, and call a legion from another plane that is not unlike the Wild Hunt on some occasions.

And like ALL barbarians, he have BERSERK RAEG and fight to win.

He is the bodyguard of an elven princess who keep his behavior in check via a magical torque that shall choke him if something goes wrong.

On a second thought, I think I should just work on the antagonist who hates Aces with a passion because NO ONE shall be stronger and more beautiful than him.
Damn, he sounds vicious...

...but why would this other antagonist hate the Aces? Now you've got me curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Dat Breaka really gave me a stompin'!
And it'z red! Da red wunz go fasta!!
Why'z you finkin' I used da red one? :3

Quote:
Vita is cute when she's all flustered from petting
Vita: S-Shut up, you! And don't pet me!!! *huffs*
Quote:
DFC!!! DFC!!!

*RUNS*

*runs also*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
sorry guys, I have another question . Is it possible for child (3-4 years old) to have an enormous amount of magic but unable to control it? (causing property damage, injuring a lot people around him even though he doesnt mean to)

I really need to have this answered
Quote:
I would say its possible, though I'd suggest limiting the damage the child causes (no blowing up entire houses for example, thats a recipe for overpowered characters waiting to happen). We already saw something similar with Erio in the manga, though that was bound more to his emotions then the amount of magic he had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Comartemis is gonna be angry. Meh, i don't care.

Spoiler for The Beginning:
And so it begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
*hands LE transformation serum before blasting off*
Eh?

What do I need this for???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodius Trueheart View Post
Lol Hayate Blaster System...that would be some real B.S. right there haha. Of course, she'd probably kill herself.

In any case, New Sonic Form uses as much energy as B.S, or at least that's what I gathered from Nanoha being so concerned about Fate not using her new limit break. Even though New Sonic Form did not seem to appreciably increase Fate's speed.
Maybe it's more the overall boosts rather than just speed? I dunno.

And Hayate Blaster System is likely a recipe for armageddon...imagine someone of her output amplified a ton...
Quote:
I take it you're a veteran of many ship wars, eh?

NanohaxNobody ftw xddddd
Nah, not a vet, but I've seen enough to know what happens. I've already turned my back on another board I used to go to entirely because they got into a massive ship war that I got sick of seeing every day. You'll forgive me if I get touchy about the subject.
Quote:
I would say "Don't bust for the sake of doing it, you're doing it for the overall good of the thread". If you do it to pump yourself up, you might end up just alienating new members.

Of course, it's incumbent on the people being reviewed to actually MAKE the changes and appreciate that they need to tone things down.

Quote:
Er...what is Orochimaru Syndrome?
It's not a good thing, I'll tell you that...:3
Quote:
aww, if keroko doesn't want the nice safe friendly chat, she doesn't have to amrite?
[Dubya]You just fell for the trap.[/Dubya] :3:3:3

Quote:
I just realised that Melodius and I had some pretty good conversations and discussions about the backstory of one of his OCs and I just remembered that I was really annnoyed at him and his first OC attempts.

Running things by people works WONDERS people. Otherwise Alpha would have been even more WTF.
And Alpha still broke people...
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 12:08   Link #211
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
*coughTsukihimecough*
in b4, during, after, "There is no Tsukihime anime."
Old 2008-05-23, 12:16   Link #212
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
M'kay then, here goes nothing.

In the process of forming my own unique 'verse, I've stumbled across multiple concepts that I'd like to import which I think would work rather well with some slight modifications. The one most of you are probably familiar with is my ongoing project of porting the Heartless into Nanoha, which I've done so far by making them into something akin to bio-magical zombies. Now I'm doing much the same thing with multiple concepts from the Nasuverse and I want some opinions on this to make sure things aren't getting out of hand.

The verse itself is composed of multiple elements from multiple series. First and foremost is Nanoha, of course, from which we get the majority of the characters and the setting in general. The series takes place about 5 years after StrikerS with Vivio setting off on her own as a combat mage, completely unaware of what destiny has in store for her (the eventual resurrection of the Belkan Empire, for one) and her loved ones. Other themes and crossovers include Kingdom Hearts, the Witchblade anime (in the form of Iris's armor device, Arondight), several themes and much inspiration from the dot hack metaseries, and a buttload of inspiration from and references to Fate/Stay Night and Arthurian Legend.

At the core of everything here is the idea that the Multiverse is pseudosentient, much like the world is in the Nasuverse, and it is capable of taking action to defend itself against dire threats by spawning champions and objects of infathomable magical power. I am talking, of course, about Arturia Pendragon/the Sankt Kaiser and Excalibur.

Arturia is born from the womb of all creation (to put it somewhat poetically) in response to the Shadows, which are led by a figure of absolute darkness, a spirit so twisted and vile that its' very existence violates the laws of nature. Picture Ansem (Kingdom Hearts) crossed with Angra Mainyu (F/SN) crossed with Cubia (.hack) and you've got the basic picture. In some respects, this being (We'll call him Cubia for now, as I'm still trying to think of something appropriately sinister-sounding) can be thought of as a sentient (and downright malicious to boot) Lost Logia.

Excalbur itself serves as a central plot device as the ultimate counter to Cubia's existence, able to convert the wielder's mana into spiritual energy with which to erase Cubia and his spawn by the hundreds. It also possesses powers relating to the spirit and the fabric of existence, and serves as the vessel by which the Aces (and by extension, the Wolkenritter) will eventually become effectively immortal near the end of multiple fics I have planned out for this verse.

Forgive my rambling guys, I'm just not sure where to start getting my ideas out so I'm going with a stream of consciousness post to get my ideas out for review and criticism. Just make sure it's constructive and not "Waaaaah, too many references/ports/whatever!!!", okay?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-23, 12:20   Link #213
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

WAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Needs moar dakka. There is can never be too much dakka.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-23, 12:23   Link #214
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Say what now?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-23, 12:27   Link #215
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Say what now?
A Warhammer 40K reference. Specifically the Orks :3
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 12:27   Link #216
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

You said to make sure it's not "Waaaaaah". I thus gave in and made 2 40k ork references: orcs go on Waargh!s, which are rampages and shit, and it's also a warcry, while dakka is their word for lots of gratuitous gunfire. Apparently ork guns make "DAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKA" sounds when firing. The final sentance is what I said to TK while we were discussing my idea of QUAD GATLING DESTROIDS for Macross OC. QUAD 55MM GATLING DESTROIDS.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-23, 12:36   Link #217
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Rein Eins. As Infected Rein Eins. As Omega's bride.

Oh and we were going to turn everyone into Tang.

Oh and Franz was supposed to have reached garlock too :P
And also, giant mecha. Lots of giant mecha.
Old 2008-05-23, 12:39   Link #218
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

That too.

....garh Macross Frontier's next gen Tomcat valks are win -_- And awesome. And GRATUITOUS MISSILE BUKAKKES.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-23, 12:51   Link #219
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

*Coma facepalms*

You and your Macross/40K crack are going to be the death of me one of these days.

The general story is divided up into 4 parts so far.

The first is a prologue arc which may be told through flashbacks or just explained as expository narrative by Vivio to Iris at some point. This arc covers the events immediately after StrikerS, when the sudden growth changes caused by Vivio's relic and Nanoha's beamspam-induced removal cause her body to begin to slowly break down, forcing her Relic to be reimplanted to halt the effects. This allows Vivio to control her own physical age, but the TSAB demands that she have a high-level limiter placed on her at all times to compensate for willingly giving up a dangerous artifact.

Arc #2 consists of Vivio's interactions with Iris and her attempts to get home after her encounter with Zexion. This arc is primarily used to introduce Iris as a character, but also leads to the death of Archer, who was plotting to use Iris as a weapon against his fellow Guardian Knights in a bid to destroy Excalibur. Iris and Vivio team up and take him down, and Iris swears her allegiance to Vivio, becoming her first and most loyal knight.

Arc #3 consists of the return to Mid-Childa and the fallout of the Battle of Mid-Childa. This is a sub-arc, a transitioning point of sorts which shifts the story away from just Iris and Vivio and gets the main cast back into the action. At the end of this arc, the Shadows make an attack on a Lost Logia storehouse, which triggers a defense mechanism that scatters the relics across the multiverse (yeah it's a crappy idea, but it's a lot better than letting all that hardware fall into the hands of one or two determined lunatics). Thus begins an arms race as both sides split up and begin scrambling all over the multiverse to find whichever LL the Shadows were after.

As it turns out, the artifact the Shadows are after is Vivio's relic, which is actually a shape-shifted Excalibur. The process of disguising its' form is part of the blade's self-defense program along with its Reincarnation and Guardian Knight functions, but it can't disguise its' own power and so must take the form of a Lost Logia.

Arc #4 follows the Aces, the Forwards, the Wolkenritter and Iris and Vivio as each separately searches for a treasure hidden right under their noses. Archer's fellow servants also get involved in some way here, and lots of battles take place in lots of different exotic locales. I haven't planned much out past this point.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-05-23, 13:28   Link #220
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*pops in*

Actually, its Waaagh, no 'r' in it.

And Nasuverse is already heavilly imported courtesy of Kha, you might want to try giving his profiles a read.

*hearts out*
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content