5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-18, 05:09   Link #281
Destined_Fate

I don't think they'll kill everyone, they got enough flak for the deaths in CG R1 and R2.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 11:45   Link #282
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I don't think they'll kill everyone, they got enough flak for the deaths in CG R1 and R2.
Well it does sound like ones of those anime where it is kill em' all.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 14:31   Link #283
Destined_Fate

Seems too obvious since they advertised the 5% success rate if they kill everyone.
Old 2012-06-18, 16:44   Link #284
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Seems too obvious since they advertised the 5% success rate if they kill everyone.
Note that it is 5% success rate estimated by their Superiors.

There are two unknowns:
1. The Alexander. We don't know how good it is.
2. We have at least one geass user in the show. And Geass can do miracles if applied in the right place at the right time.

There will be deaths. Likely the background girls. But I expect 50% survival.
Old 2012-06-18, 20:35   Link #285
wredsa

given 5% rate of survival if 50% of the cast survives then it would be a happy ending.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 22:02   Link #286
Destined_Fate

I really hope they don't make Alexander broken as heck compared to other Knightmares. At least when they went overboard with the Lancelot and Gurren they waited till R2 was almost finished and they had been defeated a few times before.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-06-19 at 00:02.
Old 2012-06-18, 23:55   Link #287
rinichan

well does the website says what they gonna do on that mission? are they gonna retrieve something?
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 05:57   Link #288
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

According to the first episode summary, they're going in to rescue EU forces that have been surrounded by the Britannians in the city of Narva. (It's on the CG wiki page for Akito.)
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 06:51   Link #289
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I really hope they don't make Alexander broken as heck compared to other Knightmares. At least when they went overboard with the Lancelot and Gurren they waited till R2 was almost finished and they had been defeated a few times before.
You do realise in this more low powerlevel setting, to be "defeated" meaning to get killed, right?

It would be like asking the main cast of Saving Private Ryan to each get shot a few times.You would be asking them all to get killed off.

This is an OVA series, so there is no time for a training arc after being defeated. They will either succeed their missions or die.
Old 2012-06-19, 11:09   Link #290
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
And kill the characters is the fast way to evade every possibility to invent some connection with old code geass anime.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 11:30   Link #291
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You do realise in this more low powerlevel setting, to be "defeated" meaning to get killed, right?

It would be like asking the main cast of Saving Private Ryan to each get shot a few times.You would be asking them all to get killed off.

This is an OVA series, so there is no time for a training arc after being defeated. They will either succeed their missions or die.
It would be nice to have seen CG: Akito the Exiled as a 25 episode TV series instead of an OVA. It would have given it more time to establish itself.

Quote:
The producers once said that the original setup for Code Geass R2 was to have little to no deaths at all. Thanks to the big change in the show's second season, the number of deaths either matched of exceeded that of Season One. In addition, they also mentioned that the romance was to have taken place in R2 as well. But the love development never actually took off, except for the kissing scene between Lelouch x Kallen that was cut from Season One when we saw it again as Kallen initiated it to Emperor Lelouch. Everything else was exactly as it was from the first season. This was another reason why I felt that R2 was near identical to R1.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2012-06-19 at 11:41.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 13:44   Link #292
Xander

Quote:
That's true, but I would think that the OVA structure does allow for some flexibility, at least until the last two episodes.

For example:

OVA 1: Urban battle, character introduction and team organization, first phase of the rescue mission (cliffhanger included)
OVA 2: Cliffhanger resolution (apparent success), character interactions, confrontation with the enemy and new objectives
OVA 3: Second phase of the rescue mission, character interactions and drama, first round of important deaths (cliffhanger included)
OVA 4: Cliffhanger resolution (desperate situation), second round of important deaths, final battle and overall conclusion

This is only a rough sketch, of course, and I wouldn't be surprised if things turned out differently. But, like Bonzo said, getting rid of most of the characters is an obvious way to wrap everything up and keep this OVA self-contained, without having to ask what happened to the cast during the events of R2 and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
The producers once said that the original setup for Code Geass R2 was to have little to no deaths at all.
Sorry to intrude, but I don't believe this specific statement was ever made at all. It sounds like just a lot of wishful thinking, if you ask me.

Other than that, the rest is also more or less debatable. R2 did have a few more moments of romantic tension/drama compared to the first season, not just with respect to Kallen but also Shirley and C.C., even if it would be certainly questionable to consider any of these relationships as fully developed.

I will admit there were some early parallels, for better or for worse, but in my opinion this does not mean "R2 is identical to R1" in any meaningful sense.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 06:14   Link #293
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Here's what I want to happen:

Chapter 1 - Introduction of characters, 2-3 action scenes, ends with everyone on the brink of defeat... then... GEASS ACTIVATION cliffhanger.

Chapter 2 - Akito's team comes to terms with the new power, some upgrades are made, the main villains come out to play for real, flashbacks to chibi-Akito playing with his big brother in happier days.

Chapter 3 - Big climatic battle with all the characters dying, everything is destroyed, tons of effects animation, cliffhanger ends with a showdown between Akito and his brother.

Chapter 4 - Long swordfight between Akito and his brother, then a mech battle, then all the mechs are destroyed and they get out and finish it off by fighting hand to hand in the rumble. Best action animation of all time. Then some epilogue scenes.

Lol.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 06:45   Link #294
rinichan

How about who gets to tell the story? I mean narration...
Old 2012-06-20, 08:00   Link #295
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Biggest rule of mecha, political anime....Plenty of people die. Period
Old 2012-06-20, 17:42   Link #296
pinguyFrank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Biggest rule of mecha, political anime....Plenty of people die. Period
thats totally true and the emphasis they put in the 5% rate of survival means vaorious character deaths

Last edited by pinguyFrank; 2012-06-20 at 17:46. Reason: misspell
pinguyFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 07:12   Link #297
Destined_Fate

Oh, it was obvious they planned something for Lelouch and Kallen from R1 and R2 but things changed. Still, it was nice that they based the Gurren's final upgrade off the Geass Eagle(Question why the enemy would rebuild it in such a way), some strong symbolism right there for Kallen and her feelings for Lelouch.

Quote:

The tricks he was doing in the trailer doesn't make this seem low powerlevel compared to what the Knightmares in R1 initially started with. Also, Kallen lost battles when she was in a horrible Knightmare and came out just fine.
Old 2012-06-22, 09:02   Link #298
duckroll
綺羅星★!

New characters added: http://geass.jp/akito/character.html

Britannia characters this time. The noble is the Archduke of Verance - Augusta Henry Highland. He is also the suzerain overseeing the Euro Britannia region. Michele Manfredi is the leader of the St Michael Knight Order. Andrea Farnese (Koyasu!!!!!!) is the leader of the St Raphael Knight Order. Andrea and Michele are close friends.

The character descriptions also indicate that in Euro Britannia there are four major Knight Orders. St Michael and St Raphael are two of them. The Knightmare Frames revealed on the site so far both belong to knights in the St Rahael Order, while Shin belongs to the St Michael Order.
Old 2012-06-22, 09:34   Link #299
rinichan

Quote:

Spoiler:
My god that guy is mine. Seriously I hope he's not like Prince Schniezel...
I swear Asgard is my witness, he's not gonna die...
Pls let him be a good guy...
But the name Andrea... Thats a girls name... Dont tell me....
Old 2012-06-22, 10:07   Link #300
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
My god that guy is mine. Seriously I hope he's not like Prince Schniezel...
I swear Asgard is my witness, he's not gonna die...
Pls let him be a good guy...
But the name Andrea... Thats a girls name... Dont tell me....
Andrea Farnese is an Italian name. In Italy Andrea is a male name.