AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2012-10-20, 03:12   Link #741
EmagEvil

Saw the 2 movies in the Grand Rex yesterday, and...

IT'S AN OUTRAGE! We French's fans were deceived! The organisators are Kyubeis! They promised a premiere but the qualities are atrocious : We can't breath in the room, the screen is small and dirty, the WC is so small that we need to queue 5 min to get in, and on the 2nd movie we can hear the bass of a discotheque nearby!

... As i feared, it looks more like a convention's projection than a real movie, i was so dissapointed... SCREW THEM ALL!!!

Back the the 2 movies : Its like 2ch said, nothing news, and i didn't get the chance to watch the trailer of the 3rd movie and the interviews of the productors because i'm afrais not to catch the last train...

... Waited 1 month for that, i feel so empty now... I won't wait with anticipation the blue rays...
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 12:30   Link #742
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Man, that sounds wack lol. ^

Kalafina's album with the new PMMM tracks is finally out. No more rips!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 18:22   Link #743
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Luminous is brilliant, and Hikari Furu is epic. I'm literally weeping at hearing "Mirai"; it's perfect. Now if I could just watch the first movie somehow...
Old 2012-10-20, 20:50   Link #744
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Can't believe this brought me back to this forum. Saw the movies today in LA. Would have been great if I wasn't sitting in front of a guy whose regular breathing sounded like snoring.

Spoiler:
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 01:47   Link #745
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Can't believe this brought me back to this forum. Saw the movies today in LA. Would have been great if I wasn't sitting in front of a guy whose regular breathing sounded like snoring.

Spoiler:
Well they claimed from the start that movies I and II were going to be recaps to begin with. My question is...does it LOOK any different? What I would find pointless is a mixture of existing clips.
Old 2012-10-21, 02:05   Link #746
NeverKnewINeeded

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Well they claimed from the start that movies I and II were going to be recaps to begin with. My question is...does it LOOK any different? What I would find pointless is a mixture of existing clips.
Got back from the Houston screening. Pretty much most of the movie got overhauled in some way or another, from the backgrounds, to the new transformation sequences, to some scenes getting overhauled on the animation side, to all of the new music Yuki Kajiura composed, and the brief scenes of new footage in the 2nd film.

It is definitely not a cheap and lazy recap!
NeverKnewINeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 02:49   Link #747
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverKnewINeeded View Post
It is definitely not a cheap and lazy recap!
That's everything I needed to hear, cheers! <3
Old 2012-10-21, 12:36   Link #748
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Came back from the Chicago screening, insane line with cosplayers everywhere!!!

The movie itself was amazing fun. Especially liked Mami's new transformation sequence, as well as the insert song which I think was Kaori-san singing "Credens Justiam" right when she was showing Madoka and Sayaka the witch hunt. The new opening, Luminous was just amazingly done, and I can't wait to watch it again on Blu-Ray.

I think we were the most rowdy crowd. Lots of cheering during the scene in the OP where Homura bumps cheeks with Madoka. Also, lol skirtwitch.
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 16:10   Link #749
Miraluka
Banned

Fast! Now before Shaft deletes the video!

Movie 3 trailer:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 17:11   Link #750
Kazu-kun

^ Wow, ok, that's looking pretty good.

After watching the trailer I'm even more convinced than before that they're trolling with us.

I think Madoka isn't speaking to Homura when she says

"Sorry for making you wait. You've always been giving it your all, haven't you? Let's go now. From now on, we'll be together forever."

I think she's speaking to Sayaka....

On another note, I see Moemura there, and gun-wielding Homurambo fighting against Mami. All that's pretty weird. If the movie takes place in the new world after Madoka's sacrifice then all these scenes are a little out of place there. More than the new world the trailer gave me vibes of one of Homura's alternative timelines (like the Oriko manga).

EDIT:

The last shot from the trailer is pretty epic:

It's up to Homura to save the world this time around, it seems.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-10-21 at 17:50.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 17:33   Link #751
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
^ Wow, ok, that's looking pretty good.
Agreed.

Quote:

After watching the trailer I'm even more convinced than before that they're trolling with us.

I think Madoka isn't speaking to Homura when says

"Sorry for making you wait. You've always been giving it your all, haven't you? Let's go now. From now on, we'll be together forever."

I think she's speaking to Sayaka....
That's an interesting theory, and you could be right. This trailer makes it clear that Sayaka does get at least a scene in the third movie. Unless the movie narrative is significantly different from the TV show narrative, that would logically involve Sayaka reuniting with Madoka in some sort of afterlife realm.

Other things I liked were Mami and Kyouko getting a lot of scenes, and the two of them talking about Hitomi and Kyousuke. There's some real intrigue there, since Mami and Kyouko never so much as shared a scene with Hitomi or Kyousuke in the TV anime.
Old 2012-10-21, 17:49   Link #752
Animexcel

Went to the Chicago screening and wholey-moley. The theater was packed as if it was sold out...again. Good thing they switched it to the big theater. I had an excellent time and the crowd reaction was really something. I got chills in many places during the movies. I certainly enjoyed the experience and definitely look forward to the 3rd.

As for my thoughts on them. There were definitely many shots that have been reanimated in the first film. It felt very new again! The Mami gun fu battle sequence; hot damn. They made it 10x better. More stuff was added during the Kyoko vs Oktavia scene. There was one shot where Kyoko was bleeding..I mean we see a shot of her legs, next thing she either threw up blood or something. It was sad when we see her destroy her soul gem as a huge flash of light, we see Kyoko slightly disintegrating like you see a Dragonball character getting blown away but slower. Every transformation was new. Including Homura's in the Walpurgis battle; very impressive. Because of the new animations and retiming of certain sequences, the music shifted and edited. It felt strange after seeing those scenes so many times. We see Madoka also wipe the blood off of Homura's face with a napkin in her pocket.

Voice acting do-overs: My thoughts when Madoka made her wish in the movie, it felt like she was more angrier as to the bit of calmness that was there originally. When Homura was crying when Madoka was going away. If you didn't think her voice sounded desperate the first time, she cranks it up a bit as her voice got more high-pitched that I felt like going "EEeeeee!!!!" inside, haha.

Other than that, there was a weird sequence where they showed still images of space, planets, galaxies after Homura screamed out "Madokaaaaaa!!" after she disappeared. I know I'm going everywhere a bit, and yes that Connect OP was put in a random spot, haha. Anyway, overall they didn't redo as much to the second film as they did with the first. I was awesome after the first movie ended and the Magia Quatro started playing. People cheered so loud it was fantastic.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 17:57   Link #753
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

hot diggity damn! Can't wait for next year!
Old 2012-10-21, 18:28   Link #754
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Old 2012-10-21, 20:00   Link #755
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
... is that the Statue of Liberty in the background?

Is that how they're promoting the movie in New York?
Old 2012-10-21, 20:20   Link #756
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

America is associated with NY xD

Should put up destroyed buildings instead
Old 2012-10-21, 21:01   Link #757
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

The French poster has the Eiffel Tower in the background lol.
Old 2012-10-22, 01:21   Link #758
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Well considering how there are three Statues of Liberty, I'd be normally questioning which, but hearing blakstealth's comment on how the French (well, Paris has the other two statues) poster is the Eiffel Tower, maybe that is how they're going about it.
Old 2012-10-22, 01:35   Link #759
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Well at least Homura doesn't have Za Warudo
Old 2012-10-22, 01:39   Link #760
Animexcel

Some pics from the Chicago screening.

Line was this long

and kept going...

Inside the theater
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote