AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-07-20, 09:02   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

[Manga] Chapter 316 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members (whoever they are ) will be able to create this thread.

Summary provided by Syaoran
Quote:
Naruto 316: Begin Training!!
Spoiler for Naruto 316 Illustration:

Short Summary:
After Kakashi sensei told Naruto his chakra element is wind, he explains that Wind cuts everything and that it's the chakra for the ultimate battle strength.
Naruto is totally excite and shouts he's going to be awsome. Kakashi brings Naruto's thoughts back to the ground. Captain Yamato says he'll have to be training fast now so that he can handle his nature well.

Hm... Naruto has a concerned look on his face and both Kakashi and Yamato ask him what there is.
Naruto is really curious about what kind of nature manipulation is used for Yamato's Makuton.
Kakashi is totally surprised at this questions, looks at Naruto and then whispers something in Yamato's ear. Yamato looks amused and performs the Tora (tiger) hand seal.

Yamato starts by raising an enormous rock out of the soil, using Doton Doryuujouhekki, followed by extracting water from the rock, using Suiton Takitsubo no Jutsu. Naruto is completely astonished by Yamato's work.

The water he created is now flowing down as a huge waterfall. Yamato possesses both "Earth" and "Water" natured chakra. After Naruto's suprise to see Yamato also has two elements. Kakashi explains that when someone becomes jounin class, they generally have more than two type of chakra. Kakashi himself can handle more than just lightning. Naruto then carefully asks if that means Captain Yamato has a 3rd nature: Mokuton, but Kakashi tells him that's not necesserily true.

Yamato explains that he can only use Water and Earth and that there's no primary Mokuton element. When Naruto wants to know how it works, Kakashi explains he has to use them at the same time. This way, Earth and Water create a new element: Wood.
With Earth in one hand, Water in the other hand, Yamato perfoms the Hebi seal.

With his last form seals Yamato adds trees to the scenary he created with his Jutsus. This all looks awesome to Naruto.
Kakashi explains to use two types of chakra at once is a totally different story from using only one and it required a lot of strength to create a new nature that way.

It needs something like a Bloodline Limit to do so. Kakashi tells Naruto about Haku, how the boy used his Hyouton bloodline to brind forth Ice using Wind and Water. That's why Kakashi couldn't copy Haku's moves with his Sharingan.

When Kakashi wants to explain Naruto the content of his training, he interrupts his sensei asking about Shikamaru's and Chouji's abilities. And also about medical ninjutsu and genjutsu.
Kakashi replies explaining this will take a lot of time and will confuse Naruto if he only explains it once. Yamato suggest to start training and talk about Ying & Yang nature manipulation another time.

Kakashi agrees and tells Naruto he'll have to practise on getting his chakra nature manipulation stronger. Naruto excitedly asks what he has to do. Kakashi wants him to cut a leave he hold in his hand in two, using his chakra only. Naruto is definitely into the mood for this training.

Kakashi sensei remind Naruto he'll have to use his kage bunshins at all time. When Naruto asks how many he has to make, Kakashi says one for each leaf... hanging in the huge Oak behind him! Naruto smiles and performs Kage Bunshin no Jutsu.

In the meantime, Asuma sensei and Shikamaru are playing shougi. Shikamaru is a little surprised that Asuma sensei played his Silver General... Asuma explains that when facing a skilfull opponent, you sometimes have to make a sacrifice to protect the king.

Shikamaru is a little concerned by Asuma's comments, but he brushes it off as nothing. He just understoond the importance of the king. Aasuma compare the Konoha shinobi to the pieces on the shougi board. He compares Shikamaru to the knight. A weak piece, but with a unique movement that resembles Shikamaru's thought process.

When Shikamaru asks his sensei what piece on the board he is, Asuma replies he's nobody... A sacrifice in Shikamaru deducts from this. Asuma inquires if Shikamaru understand who the king is then.

Shikamaru thinks it's the Hokage. Asuma thought the same in the past, but that's not it.
When Shikamaru asks who it is, Asuma replies he'll know when it's time. In the meanwhile, the Oak tree has no leaf left...

One of Naruto's thousands of bunshins already managed to make a little cut in the leaf he was holding... It's a good sign for Kakashi, as his training will unexpectedly go faster!

Last edited by xris; 2006-07-21 at 09:47.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 09:54   Link #2
krispin149
漫画家

Good chapter, seems like Anbu are better than they appear to be.
Old 2006-07-20, 09:58   Link #3
swerv
Stay Up

Yeah if you were a evil guy, you'd be pretty surprised if you came up against Yamato if you had got used to killing crappy chuunin level Anbu members.
Old 2006-07-20, 09:59   Link #4
Rurik
Golden

More information, YES., This Chapter it’s even better than the last one!!!!!!!!

As stated not necessarily the Jutsus has to fall into one of this 5 Elements category.

-Yamato: I can only change my chakra to be water or earth-natured.
"Wood" isn't one of the basic elements.-

Yamato say that In order to create the Wood Element he needs to Combine Earth and Water, but this is only because he has Bloodline ability, the same was explained for Haku, HE combined Water and Wind to create Ice.

It seems Combining 2 elements to create 1 it’s only something that can be done by someone with a Bloodline limit

Naruto also asked about Shadow Mimic Jutsu, Multi size Jutsu and Medical Jutsu (it seems he had the same doubts I have), from yamatos response we have this:

Yamato: Kakashi-sensei will tell you about "Dark" and "Light" nature manipulation next time. But now, you need to train.

And Assuma and Shiakamarus game seems that is foreseeing a plot in the series, maybe a decision that Assuma will have to take in real battle situation. and who Assuma thinks is the most important piece in Konoha, and it seems its not the Hokage...

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-07-20 at 10:11.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 09:59   Link #5
Rurik
Golden

DP, Don't ask me how it happened
Old 2006-07-20, 10:06   Link #6
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Post ...

-Awesome chapter through and through. Seems like Kishimoto-sensei wants us to be aware of all the necessary information before he presents us with the finished product: which will be Naruto's own personal jutsu. And Yamato's importance has just been increased as well. Looks like that Grass country arc wasn't so pointless afte all: we got Sai and Yamato as permanent characters out of it.

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2006-07-20 at 10:42.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 10:20   Link #7
Rurik
Golden

I will say that from this explanations, People like Chouji and Shikamaru knew about Manipulation of the element, I was thinking that maybe Naruto does not know it, because he did not had anyone to teach him about it…Just a tough.

Because suddenly each Jounnin could Manipulate at least 2 of then (Meaning someone like Neeji)

EDIT:

Next Chapter seems to have an Important event here it will be colored, here it what it said:

Bottom: Next time's Naruto is a violent commemorational presentation!!
The colored front page opens to "The Start of a Nightmare"!!
Old 2006-07-20, 10:26   Link #8
yangxu

I believe the king Asuma and Shikamaru mentioned is Naruto, to think that an Anbu plus a whole division of ninja are dispatched to aid Naruto in his training shows how important Naruto is to Konoha...
yangxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 10:29   Link #9
krispin149
漫画家

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangxu
I believe the king Asuma and Shikamaru mentioned is Naruto, to think that an Anbu plus a whole division of ninja are dispatched to aid Naruto in his training shows how important Naruto is to Konoha...
Of course he is important to Konoha. All hidden ninja villages would love to have the Kyubi(or any of the tailed beasts for that matter). Konoha has it, now all they have to do is maintain it.
Old 2006-07-20, 10:45   Link #10
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin149
Of course he is important to Konoha. All hidden ninja villages would love to have the Kyubi(or any of the tailed beasts for that matter). Konoha has it, now all they have to do is maintain it.
-Well that's kind of depressing considering Naruto desires to be loved for who he is as a person rather than being loved for what's locked up inside of him. Or is it that all those people are there because they're aware of what'll happen to Naruto (or them) if the Kyuubi gets extracted?
Old 2006-07-20, 10:48   Link #11
Lotiman

Hokage is not an important person for this matter. Akatsuki only have 1 tail beast left. After collecting all they will accomplish their mission to do something terrible (i guess).

But the story is becoming interesting again. I love it when they explain the logic/origin of a certain power or technique. It make you understand more about it.

However, I never thought Bloodline limit was something that simple. By combining 2 element allow you to create a Bloodline technique. Is this mean anyone can get Bloodline Limit if he can combined 2 element to create a new one? I thought it was some genetic thing at first.

Overall, its been a while we have an interesting chapter.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 10:57   Link #12
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Post hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotiman
However, I never thought Bloodline limit was something that simple. By combining 2 element allow you to create a Bloodline technique. Is this mean anyone can get Bloodline Limit if he can combined 2 element to create a new one? I thought it was some genetic thing at first.
-So Naruto's chakra and Kyuubi's chakra (or any other combination that works for Naruto) = A bloodline limit for the future Uzumaki Clan? If so then Naruto's almost guaranteed to become the Rokudaime Hokage.
Old 2006-07-20, 11:20   Link #13
T1BillionX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotiman
Hokage is not an important person for this matter. Akatsuki only have 1 tail beast left. After collecting all they will accomplish their mission to do something terrible (i guess).

But the story is becoming interesting again. I love it when they explain the logic/origin of a certain power or technique. It make you understand more about it.

Overall, its been a while we have an interesting chapter.
I don't think it's quite that simple. I think they were refering to the Ice Mirror technique not just the ablilty to make ice.
T1BillionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 11:42   Link #14
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

dammit if only my source would HURRY UP

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 11:43   Link #15
Rurik
Golden

AS I could tell Combining 2 elements to create a new element is something that can’t be done unless you have the Physical Attributes (or Blood inheritance to do it), in this case, a special Bloodline ability. Hence Kaksshi who can manipulate more than one, can’t even copy Special Bloodlines whit the Sharingan. In this case Creating Ice or Wood can only be done BY Haku Bloodline and Shodaime Bloodline.

For instance, And this is just an example, to do Amateratsu You need to Combine Flame Element with A Cursed Element. But in order to do this oyu need the physical attribute of the Sharingan to do it (or the MS in this case).

And this Chapter Answer my question on why Hakus Jutsu could not be copied, and its directly tied to the Elements Combination.
Old 2006-07-20, 11:57   Link #16
krispin149
漫画家

Aren't any of you guys wondering about the importance of the "King." Who is this king they are referring about, maybe naruto. I think that Asuma and shikamaru will play a big role in the following arc. Maybe Asuma will sacrifice himself to protect the "King" and shikamaru will understand.
Old 2006-07-20, 12:05   Link #17
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Another good chapter.
Yamato's showing off again, seriously this guy can do anything.
As expected Wood, Ice, etc. are mixed elements and there is even another layer (the 4th ones!) of information about chakra.
Dark and Light alteration (I still think Yin-Yang make more sense though :P) which seems to be another way to alter chakra.
I think it can be combined to elemental alteration, that may explain the black Chidori Sasuke produced in CS2 form and maybe the Amaterasu.

About the king I would say it's the whole village itself. For the sake of the village the Hokage themself proved repeatedly that they were sacrifiable pawns.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 12:07   Link #18
krispin149
漫画家

sorry for double posting but do you guys think that maybe Naruto's New Uber jutsu won't be a wind based jutsu? Instead, during the training naruto will develop a way to use another element, combine those elements and make his own naruto bloodline limit jutsu. Or better yet, combine his wind based jutsu with the kyubi fire. Don't flame, these are just thoughts.
Old 2006-07-20, 12:18   Link #19
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Another very informative chapter. I also liked the way Kishi drew the "tree training", i.e. Kakashi saying Naruto should create a kage bunshin for each leaf of the tree in one panel...

...and in the subsequent panel showed the tree stripped bare and below it a multitude of Naruto kage bunshins trying to split a leaf in half!!
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 12:38   Link #20
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
About the king I would say it's the whole village itself. For the sake of the village the Hokage themself proved repeatedly that they were sacrifiable pawns.
Exactly what I was thinking, sacrificing the oneself for the Village, the real king. (not Elvis)

krispin149 - About Naruto combining elements and hence having his own Bloodline limit, at this point, nobody should flame nobody because of this, so little we know about Naruto inheritance, that at this point is not farfetched to think of it as a possibility.