AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-10, 15:48   Link #1
killer3000ad

Hitman Absolution

Not much to go on besides this ultra-short teaser. At least we know they are making it!
Old 2011-05-10, 17:12   Link #2
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

After that disaster of the last film? No thank you.

That was like the worst action movie I've ever seen!
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 17:27   Link #3
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post

Absolution is the fifth game in the series and a long time coming. Yes the movie stunk, but fortunately the games were never made by Hollywood. Then again what did you expect, practically every movie based on a video game has stunk.
Old 2011-05-11, 00:01   Link #4
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post

LOL

Hitman: Absolution is the latest game in the series, not the sequel to the movie

Agent 47's adventures after Blood Money should be quite awesome

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 02:02   Link #5
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
LOL

Hitman: Absolution is the latest game in the series, not the sequel to the movie

Agent 47's adventures after Blood Money should be quite awesome
I hope they introduced quirky weapons. Like this one.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 06:08   Link #6
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Why use Cornershot when you can be smoking outside the compound and then listen as guards stream into the bathroom watching their employer turn crispy through your Bathtub of Electrocution? Or watch as your target dies by his assistant's hand, who thought he was using a prop gun

"Accidental" Kills > Direct and bloody.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2011-05-11, 07:58   Link #7
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Absolution is the fifth game in the series and a long time coming. Yes the movie stunk, but fortunately the games were never made by Hollywood. Then again what did you expect, practically every movie based on a video game has stunk.
...derp. I'm a bloody idiot. I wandered into the gmes forum, watched a video and assumed it was a trailer for a new movie

Ok. Yeah. This is something to look forward to. The general impression of Hitman games that I've gotten is they've managed to fine tune the mechanics a bit each time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I just hope there's more ability for the player to use more of the special customized gear you end up buying.

take the shotgun/M4 for example. There was tons of customization you could do to those two weapons, but because there was no way of concealing them (even in a suitcase) meant there wasn't much way to use them in a stealthy manner. Which was counter productive, since the best way to earn money for upgrades was to get a Silent Assassin ranking. So you bassically had to bust ass being sneaky in missions just to upgrade a weapon that wasn't conducive to stealth and using would earn you less money.

What I'd really like would be something like this.

Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 14:06   Link #8
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Note to self; keep SaintessHeart far from bombs disguised as catgirl .
Old 2011-06-06, 12:36   Link #9
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

First screenshots:

Freakin Gorgeous

Old 2011-06-06, 12:50   Link #10
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
The legendary Silverballers await.

I just hope the missions remain as interesting as they were before. That was always what made this game shine. Nightclubs, carnivals, villas, there never was a dull place for an assassination (okay, maybe they really shouldn't have used the chinese restaurant setting twice, but it was still awesome!).

Oh and of course, Jesper Kyd's traditional goodness. Can't wait for his newest experiments.
Old 2011-06-06, 16:11   Link #11
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Ugh finally.

I never understood WHY Eidos was so crazy about Kane and Lynch. Seriously it seemed they were putting everything they had into the first game and THEN the second game and talking about how great it would be.

And while that was happening it seemed like they were ignoring their prize which was Hitman so I'm more than happy that they are making it.

I'm hoping though the game will have better AI (Hitman 4 was annoying as AIs could hear even a pipsqueak and home in on you)

Quote:
I just hope there's more ability for the player to use more of the special customized gear you end up buying.

take the shotgun/M4 for example. There was tons of customization you could do to those two weapons, but because there was no way of concealing them (even in a suitcase) meant there wasn't much way to use them in a stealthy manner. Which was counter productive, since the best way to earn money for upgrades was to get a Silent Assassin ranking. So you bassically had to bust ass being sneaky in missions just to upgrade a weapon that wasn't conducive to stealth and using would earn you less money.

What I'd really like would be something like this.
Pssst guns are for amateurs.

The best hitman/assassins are those who make everything look like an accident.

I'm hoping that they would make it similar to Mafia 2 where you can get the NPCs to shoot/kill the target.

It was silly when you got into a gunfight and everyone including the cops and people would shoot at you. If they can make it so you can get the cops or someone to gun the target down indirectly then that'd be awesome.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 16:34   Link #12
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
The best hitman/assassins are those who make everything look like an accident.
This makes me think whether it is possible to enact the murders "And Then There Were None" style...Sounds cool.

And to spice things up, maybe Agent 47 will finally got a powerful adversary, a detective that is able to detect and corner him. That sounds even more awesome, and will add difficulties in the game.

Btw as far as I can remember Agent 47 and his handler broke free from the organization they worked in right?
Old 2011-06-06, 16:51   Link #13
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
No the Agency that 47 and Diane worked for was under attack by the "Franchise"

In Hitman 4 Diane informed 47 that they were losing dozens of their agents and by the end both herself and 47 were the only ones left.

Spoiler:

In the end the Agency is back on its feet but 47 went to China or something and severed all contacts.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 17:17   Link #14
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I can't quite remember the "Franchise" part, but I kinda remember that 47 was supposed to be disposed in one of his mission but Diana saved him. The final scene was kind of godly in a literal sense, with Ave Maria playing in the back and all.

So does that mean 47 is a freelancer now?
Old 2011-06-06, 20:46   Link #15
Alchemist007
*Author

I still replay BM all the time. I really hope this excels past even that greatness.
Old 2011-06-06, 22:57   Link #16
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

New trailer.

In my opinion, somewhat disappointing because that trailer is 'HOW YOU DO IT WRONG' as 47, but I'm not going to rant on it because a CGi trailer always fancy the 'cool and edgy' factor, and how a trailer looks doesn't represent how the game's design structure is.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 00:44   Link #17
Alchemist007
*Author

Here's a (currently) working vid

Old 2011-06-07, 01:12   Link #18
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

New trailer.

In my opinion, somewhat disappointing because that trailer is 'HOW YOU DO IT WRONG' as 47, but I'm not going to rant on it because a CGi trailer always fancy the 'cool and edgy' factor, and how a trailer looks doesn't represent how the game's design structure is.
I sure hope the actual gameplay isn't like that. 47 is just walking in and Ramboing clueless guards like Liam Neeson in "Taken". The Hitman games were always about observing guard routines, exploring the area and finding means to eliminate the target without being detected, and without killing needlessly.The 47 in this trailer won't get the Silent Assassin ranking.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2011-06-07 at 01:47.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 01:16   Link #19
Alchemist007
*Author

You think the same way I do
Earlier I actually made a profile on BM named "Silent Assassin" with the intention of getting such a ranking on every mission.
Old 2011-06-07, 01:42   Link #20
foxnaught

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
I sure hope the actual gameplay isn't like that. 47 is just walking in and Ramboing clueless guards like Liam Neeson in "Taken". The Hitman games were always about observing guard routines, exploring the area and finding means to eliminate the target without being detected, and without killing needlessly.The 47 in this trailer won't get the Silent Assassin ranking.
Playing Hitman requires actually using your brains. The devs apparently said that they want the new game to be more 'accessible', which if true then sends warning bells in my mind because they're make it less dark and will dumb it down so that even CoD 'bros' can complete it.
foxnaught is offline   Reply With Quote