AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-07-18, 10:51   Link #761
UPR

ohh thanks for it the thing i just saw it these past couple of days and have wondering about it. I hope they don't do it like Seed or Destiny where they killed someone everyother ep and just left one couple out of like 6 or 7
Old 2007-07-18, 11:09   Link #762
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
ohh thanks for it the thing i just saw it these past couple of days and have wondering about it. I hope they don't do it like Seed or Destiny where they killed someone everyother ep and just left one couple out of like 6 or 7
That might have been true in Seed, but Destiny??

But its a war story. You gotta have deaths to bring the drama out. I don't see them doing it differently here, especially since Kuroda LOVES killing characters in his action-oriented shows.
Old 2007-07-18, 12:24   Link #763
UPR

Still you did not see it before these 2 all the other series did not kill the couples just other people that is what i mean.
Old 2007-07-18, 15:17   Link #764
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Still you did not see it before these 2 all the other series did not kill the couples just other people that is what i mean.
?

If you mean other Gundam series, then you're wrong. In Tomino's Gundams couples get broken up by death all the time.
Old 2007-07-18, 18:26   Link #765
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
A subbed version of the second promotional video is now available from us. You can access it here.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 20:59   Link #766
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

I hope the Romance doesn't get in the way like it did with Seed and Destiny. I would rather focus more on war strategies and get a mobile suit battle every episode. If we can't get a mobile suit battle every epsiode, i would at least some war stuff going on evry episode. If the romance is gonna get in the way, then I'm expecting this to be a slow paced non-action packed show, and to be honest, that would be lame.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 21:02   Link #767
UPR

i know what you mean i don't want it in the way either but a couple of eps here and there would not hurt.
Old 2007-07-18, 21:13   Link #768
grandmaster192

Quote:
i know what you mean i don't want it in the way either but a couple of eps here and there would not hurt.
Yeah, you're right. A few eps here and there wouldn't hurt, but the way dude says it makes me think it's gonna be like Seed/Destiny.
Old 2007-07-19, 00:14   Link #769
aikming

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192 View Post
I hope the Romance doesn't get in the way like it did with Seed and Destiny. I would rather focus more on war strategies and get a mobile suit battle every episode. If we can't get a mobile suit battle every epsiode, i would at least some war stuff going on evry episode. If the romance is gonna get in the way, then I'm expecting this to be a slow paced non-action packed show, and to be honest, that would be lame.
Agreed that there's too much unnecessary romance idling in seed destiny. But a good balance is required. Without a balance, it'll end up like Gundam wing, all wars and conflicts.
Old 2007-07-19, 00:53   Link #770
grandmaster192

But thats what gundam is, though. Without the military/war aspect it wouldn't be gundam. IMO, it's the it conflicts between eatch side of the war and the stories behind it that makes the plot intresting. Without conflicts the show has no meaning, no purpose. A good balance between romance and conflict is not needed at all. However, what balance IS needed is a balance between mobile suit action, character depth, plot progression... Romance only gets in the way of those things. It's exactly why seed/Destiny turned out the way it did.
Old 2007-07-19, 07:10   Link #771
UPR

the problem with seed and destiny is they had some romance in every single ep which made people sick of it. They should combine the aspects of wing and Seed/Destiny. What I mean is have military/war action that wing had which still one of the best and have the romance part that seed/destiny had, but mesh it together that one does not dominate the other and like you were saying the romance does not get in the way. I don't know how many ep this going to have, but let's say 50 at least 10-20 should be for character depth and plot progression with the romance included, the rest for everything we want to see. If they are able to put it together in a way that can sastisfy everybody and include the genre's that have been present in the past it should be something interesting to see.
Old 2007-07-19, 08:28   Link #772
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192 View Post
Romance only gets in the way of those things. It's exactly why seed/Destiny turned out the way it did.
I disagree. Destiny had barely any romance in it whatsoever, and whatever it had were barebones and as sudden and undeveloped as those of Tomino's shows. Much of the time that the show had were spent mostly on the characters and their conflicting ideologies, as well as MS battles, which IS what you said are important parts of Gundam.

However, the way they executed this made it bad. Character progression that went nowhere and lacked genuine depth, bias view of the two sides and their ideologies, and poorly animated battles. Romance had absolutely nothing to do with it. In fact, the show could stand to have some better developed romance.

As for Seed, I had absolutely no problems with its romance. The melodrama ran deep, but it only made the action scenes so much more compelling.

And for this show, I guess it all depends on how Mizushima wants the show to be. Based on the interviews so far, I doubt it'll be like the UC shows with war strategies/MS battle every ep and whatnot. A super robot vs a bunch of real robot doesn't sound like anything other than a complete slaughter (hopefully though they handle this better than in the Seed shows), and there is probably so many scenarios they can use before running out of ideas. So I do get a sense that the format would resemble Seed more, though without Morosawa's insipid dialogue and mismanaged pacing.
Old 2007-07-19, 17:49   Link #773
Noyemi K
PC-8801 Fetishist
*Artist

Quote:
the problem with seed and destiny is they had some romance in every single ep which made people sick of it. They should combine the aspects of wing and Seed/Destiny. What I mean is have military/war action that wing had which still one of the best and have the romance part that seed/destiny had, but mesh it together that one does not dominate the other and like you were saying the romance does not get in the way. I don't know how many ep this going to have, but let's say 50 at least 10-20 should be for character depth and plot progression with the romance included, the rest for everything we want to see. If they are able to put it together in a way that can sastisfy everybody and include the genre's that have been present in the past it should be something interesting to see.
That brings up a good point; do not oversaturate a concept. i hope that character development is kind of like in the original MSG.
Noyemi K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 21:34   Link #774
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I haven't actually watched MSG as of yet, I'm still trying to finish Zeta....

If Destiny isn't about romance, then we wouldn't have an AsuCaga thread right now, wouldn't we... that, and how many people gripe why Kira hasn't even kissed Lacus yet. If that isn't oversaturated with romance, then I do not know what is. The only MS action worth complimenting are Destiny's first 12 episodes (I really liked the Break the World incident action), Shinn's 30 Windam rampage (although it was a tad bit overboard), and the Freedomed ep (because it actually could stand side by side with Kira and Athrun's to the death battle in SEED when Athrun had Aegis explode in Kira's face and miraculously lived to tell the tale ). Other than that, the other battles were just for filler quality at best, and they really pushed recycling on the old scenes for this one...>.<;; Also, once Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice, and Akatsuki entered the scene even the grunt explosions had become pretty worthless and made a lot of people feel that the grunts were not even necessary to be there at all. Lack of real pilots distressed me, and not knowing how to react to it, I laughed at the last 10 episodes or so.

As for AU romance, I think Gundam X handled it pretty well. I think that Mizushima should go watch Gundam X instead. LOL. Or Turn A. A Setsuna Rola would be fine too.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 22:40   Link #775
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I disagree. Destiny had barely any romance in it whatsoever...
What? Dude, I think you're crazy if you think Destiny had barely any romance. The Romance was lade on so thick it just became stupid. All of the relationships were so forced with very little depth or development at all. For example, Shinn when was in a relationship with stellar it had a little purpose. Now, when Stellar dies guess what? They rush fix Shinn up with Luna as if there must be a relationship at all time. They did this stupid shit just for the hell it. Same with Athrun. What is the point of having him with Luna's sister? None at all. The romance in Destiny was so forced and bad it makes me sick. We had to sacrifise Mobile suit battles for this shit. There was romance in almost every damn episode... Hell, we probaly got mor romance then great mobile suit battles.
Old 2007-07-19, 23:20   Link #776
UPR

I agree with you in every point. Im a romance genre guy I usally only watch those series and even i thought romance her was over the top. And the thing with Shinn i was just happy he caught a lucky break with Luna everyone else he cared for died. Grandmaster i read that Luna and Shinn kissed if true can you tell me which ep that happens even though i still have not finished the series im up to ep34.
Old 2007-07-19, 23:39   Link #777
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Well I think maybe you guys are combining fanservice and fan over-reaction of couplings with the idea of romance...Athrun sitting at dinner with Meer isn't romance...Kira hugging or longing to be with Lacus isn't really romance...Meyrin seemingly pining for Athrun isn't romance...Luna x Shinn had virtually nothing in the category of romance per se (In agreement with brightman's POV)...Perhaps Athrun asking Cagali to be his girl did, but that sentiment was really few and far between...Romance (In the general way ya'll seem to be threatened by) is wining and dining, chocolates and roses, candle-lit bath-tub settings, and long walks on the beach (without Lacus' orphan basterd children that is^^)...GSD really didn't have any of that, it was morso the implication of this by the viewers...

Rau's poetic obsession with ending the universe is prolly more romantic than anything in the CE...I think what you want less of is the implication of coupling which really isn't romance at all...Now go and watch ZZ, that $hit has romance...Haman worship and roses galore in that one^^...
Old 2007-07-19, 23:45   Link #778
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Well I think maybe you guys are combining fanservice and fan over-reaction of couplings with the idea of romance...Athrun sitting at dinner with Meer isn't romance...Kira hugging or longing to be with Lacus isn't really romance...Meyrin seemingly pining for Athrun isn't romance...Luna x Shinn had virtually nothing in the category of romance perse (In agreement with brightman's POV)...Perhaps Athrun asking Cagali to be his girl did, but that sentiment was really few and far between...Romance (In the general way ya'll seem to be threatened by) is wining and dining, chocolates and roses, candle-lit bath-tub settings, and long walks on the beach (without Lacus' orphan basterd children that is^^)...GSD really didn't have any of that, it was morso the implication of this by the viewers...

Rau's poetic obsession with ending the universe is prolly more romantic than any thing in the CE...I think what you want less of is the implication of coupling which really isn't romance at all...Now go and watch ZZ, that $hit has romance...Haman worship and roses galore in that one^^...
LOL you beat me too it Wingdarkness, but your version is much better than i originally planned to type.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 01:54   Link #779
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Oh damn, I'm infected with the fanservice-fan over reaction bug...LOL... somebody save me!

At least now my heart is calmed for the first time since I ever posted on this board. Thanks, wingdarkness.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 02:05   Link #780
grandmaster192

Why do you guys bold user names like that?

Tags
spoilers