AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-29, 08:10   Link #941
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Err... But you did say the LT was resetted in Ep. 25. What the hell...?
Not really consistent, now, is he?

Old 2008-09-29, 08:13   Link #942
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Not really consistent, now, is he?
Not really? That's an understatement if I've ever heard one.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-29, 08:18   Link #943
magnuskn

Yeah, well. The idea that the triangle was reset in ep 25 is preposterous at best, so I guess he retreated to a safer position.
Old 2008-09-29, 08:24   Link #944
Danish78
Thread Lurker

Give the guy a break peeps. He's disappointed enough that Alto didn't die in ep24 and couldn't see how he could have survived his VF blowing up.
Old 2008-09-29, 08:39   Link #945
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish78 View Post
Give the guy a break peeps. He's disappointed enough that Alto didn't die in ep24 and couldn't see how he could have survived his VF blowing up.
/sarcasm much?

It was clearly shown how Alto survived in ep 25! Then again, some people might have missed that part just like everything else...

/facepalm

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-29, 09:04   Link #946
Westlo
Lets be reality

I wonder how Ranka will react when after those 3 finish talking and it's night time and Sheryl says "time to head to our house Alto. what are you cooking tonight?".
Old 2008-09-29, 09:11   Link #947
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
5. Alto's purpose was revived after he saved Ranka and also revived Ranka's hopes.
Excuse me while I may address the point that is supposed to have been answered by Twilight Hack, but how do you reach the conclusion that Alto's purpose was revived after he saved Ranka?

Old 2008-09-29, 09:13   Link #948
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I wonder how Ranka will react when after those 3 finish talking and it's night time and Sheryl says "time to head to our house Alto. what are you cooking tonight?".
Ranka will try to invite herself in but Brera-nichan will drag her home for bedtime.
Old 2008-09-29, 09:35   Link #949
hai_san

btw if we do a analogy of the LT to a soccer match, i would say that Sheryl scored and was leading but due Kawamori the game got cancelled and there will a rematch in the movie...
Old 2008-09-29, 09:40   Link #950
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Excuse me while I may address the point that is supposed to have been answered by Twilight Hack, but how do you reach the conclusion that Alto's purpose was revived after he saved Ranka?
It totally was. But then, I think Alto's purpose was to have both girls.
Old 2008-09-29, 09:53   Link #951
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Ranka will try to invite herself in but Brera-nichan will drag her home for bedtime.
I was about to say that Brera and Ozma would probably fight about who could take care of Ranka, but at this moment I guess Ozma doesnīt mind having the apartment to himself... and Cathy.
Old 2008-09-29, 10:47   Link #952
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
btw if we do a analogy of the LT to a soccer match, i would say that Sheryl scored and was leading but due Kawamori the game got cancelled and there will a rematch in the movie...
Except that either Kawamori or some other executive forgot that anime fans in Japan can be sometimes crazy enough to make a riot "on the pitch" in the media against the "referee".
Old 2008-09-29, 10:54   Link #953
justavisitor

Wow, the shipper's war is still going on? XD

Overall, I think the episode is perfect...That's what the macross ending is supposed to be...throwing everything you can find towards both sides...(That's why I like this and DYRL ending more than plus and zero..not that they aren't good...but i just like big battle end XD)

As for the LT, from Ranka fans point of view, when Sheryl, such a beautiful lady who has a great personality keeps chasing the main character from episode 5 to 24, yet Alto still cannot make an apparent decision, what kind of conclusion can we make?

A) he is retarded
B) the director is milking for the movie
C) He just wants both (after all, no one says the law in Frontier about Marriage has to be 1+1 XD)
or...
D) Maybe the bond between Alto and Ranka is deeper than we all thought it was

Just my thought
Old 2008-09-29, 11:06   Link #954
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Wow, the shipper's war is still going on? XD

Overall, I think the episode is perfect...That's what the macross ending is supposed to be...throwing everything you can find towards both sides...(That's why I like this and DYRL ending more than plus and zero..not that they aren't good...but i just like big battle end XD)

As for the LT, from Ranka fans point of view, when Sheryl, such a beautiful lady who has a great personality keeps chasing the main character from episode 5 to 24, yet Alto still cannot make an apparent decision, what kind of conclusion can we make?

A) he is retarded
C) He just wants both (after all, no one says the law in Frontier about Marriage has to be 1+1 XD)
or...

Just my thought
Actually, no. All Ranka shippers have gone away, we are just left with Golthin, who claims to be non-partisan ( but cleary isnīt ) and wants to troll us a final time before buggering off.

Sheryl won by any measure but the show explicitly giving us a final picture of her and Alto walking off into the sunset.
Old 2008-09-29, 11:14   Link #955
Wesley84

Quote:
A) he is retarded
Definiently. Ranka had good reason to give up on him, but he saved her again so of course she has to be all up in his ass with her head once more.

Quote:
And the cycle continues. More money, for shitty productions to make more money for more you get the idea.

Quote:
or...
Ha. I'd say there's no indication he wants either of them. I don't care what people read into anything he's ever said or done. To me, he's just an actor that likes to spout senseless bullshit.

Quote:
Episode 21 indicates very little in the way of a bond. You saw how contemptously he treated her in that and the following episodes. He wouldn't listen to her, he believed every word Leon told him about her being The Ultimate Evil and resolved to kill her because he wanted to look like a grown-up and not just some silly actor.
Old 2008-09-29, 11:24   Link #956
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Episode 21 indicates very little in the way of a bond. You saw how contemptously he treated her in that and the following episodes. He wouldn't listen to her, he believed every word Leon told him about her being The Ultimate Evil and resolved to kill her because he wanted to look like a grown-up and not just some silly actor.
I would say Yes and NO to this one...I agree that asking one to go with ai-kun and travel to the planet full of varja with only one jet is just crazy. Alto gave the "WTH" look and before he can think twice, she is already gone with her brother

As for the bond, thoughout the series, Ranka and Alto have been in life/death situation for at least 4 times...(Alto saved her 3 times and Ranka saves her once)
Fortunately for us, we never likely can experience those life/death moment so we really can't save that they have no developement at all or those developements aren't big
Old 2008-09-29, 11:31   Link #957
Wesley84

Quote:
I would say Yes and NO to this one...I agree that asking one to go with ai-kun and travel to the planet full of varja with only one jet is just crazy. Alto gave the "WTH" look and before he can think twice, she is already gone with her brother

As for the bond, thoughout the series, Ranka and Alto have been in life/death situation for at least 4 times...(Alto saved her 3 times and Ranka saves her once)
Fortunately for us, we never likely can experience those life/death moment so we really can't save that they have no developement at all or those developements aren't big
I didn't say it was crazy. You missed the point I was making. He didn't have any faith in Ranka at all. She was just a little girl that needed to be rescued and humored at times as far as he was concerned, that ultimately would have to be killed because Alto's an asshole.
Old 2008-09-29, 11:37   Link #958
Seifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

You should wonder first, how is your sagittarius-1 doing ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Actually, no. All Ranka shippers have gone away, we are just left with Golthin, who claims to be non-partisan ( but cleary isnīt ) and wants to troll us a final time before buggering off.

Sheryl won by any measure but the show explicitly giving us a final picture of her and Alto walking off into the sunset.
How come I'm not a bit surprised ?! Sheryl, won ?! ....
Old 2008-09-29, 11:59   Link #959
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
How about you talk coherently, so we know what the hell you are saying?

Quote:
Pretty much, yeah. She is living with Alto, she is kissing Alto, she is probably sleeping with Alto, she has his confidence, she has his concern. Ranka also has the last, but that was so since the first episode in which she got herself into danger.

The only way Ranka can get between those two, is if she sets herself up to be the spoiler, trying to drive a wedge into their relationship. I hope that isnīt a position youīd want to see Ranka in?
Old 2008-09-29, 12:17   Link #960
Danish78
Thread Lurker

Quote:

Erm.... Isn't Alto fine? You are referring to him right? Sag-1 is Alto's call sign and at the end of ep25 he's making a landing towards Sheryl and Ranka so what exactly are you getting at?

Understandably you're upset reading these declarations but why don't you just let it go? You aren't putting up any logical arguments to refute these claims so just let them slide for the meantime; load up on credible ammo (facts) and just resume your shipping war then ok?
Closed Thread