AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 10
10: Amazing... 8 18.18%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 11 25.00%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 11 25.00%
7 out of 10: Good... 3 6.82%
6 out of 10: Average... 4 9.09%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 4 9.09%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 2.27%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 2.27%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-11, 17:56   Link #41
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Woolf stepped up his game after hearing from Millias. As expected the Zalam and Euba forces couldn't do much. Seeing Boyage die was kind of sad. The spallow was kind of cool in action, like how he called it like a ninja at the end.

Interesting that Flit sensed Desil. So Dark Yole runs Eden i'm guessing. Serves Desil right that he finally lost. According to what Dark Yole said, they may not be apart of the UE.

Like how Emily said she would fight. Maybe she's starting to accept what Flit does. Looks like her competition shows up again next week.
Old 2011-12-11, 18:21   Link #42
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Yay, Yurin in the next ep, I want to see cat fight between the two main girls
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 18:23   Link #43
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post
And did we have a newtype moment? There was no usual Newtype lightning, but Flit clearly sensed Decil's presence (with his fighting patterns only confirmed when they actually engaged).
I don't think the fighting patterns matter at all, Flit actually saw Desil's face in his mind.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 18:24   Link #44
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Is it me or are they intentionally holding back on the fighting scenes? The choreography is there but compared to 00 it seems like everything is heavily downplayed. Ah well.
Well, there's only so little they can do with the choreography considering how poor the non-UE suits generally are... And it seems that the UE aren't exactly taking them seriously either (and they kind of need this in order for the plot to work).

I doubt the choreography will ever be as good as 00's though. Seiji Mizushima was chosen to be 00's director because he knew how to direct dynamic looking battles, which is something he picked up while at BONES. Susumu Yamaguchi doesn't seem to be nearly as proficient a director.
Old 2011-12-11, 18:37   Link #45
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I doubt the choreography will ever be as good as 00's though. Seiji Mizushima was chosen to be 00's director because he knew how to direct dynamic looking battles, which is something he picked up while at BONES. Susumu Yamaguchi doesn't seem to be nearly as proficient a director.
Judging from his profile over at ANN, AGE's director, Susumu Yamaguchi seems like quite the veteran having worked as animation director in several key Gundam series. Wonder why his fight choreography isn't as good as what one would expect of his resume.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 18:41   Link #46
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

This episode kicked all kinds of ass. I loved the fighting between the Diva, Zalem, and Euba forces. I don't think the fight not being as "good" as 00's isn't part of the choreography, but rather the fight simply being organized that way. The Zalem and Euba forces are sent out to distract the UE while Flit and Woolf pick them apart one by one. That's not bad choreography, that's how they wrote the battle. Either way, I enjoyed it all the way through. Desil's little temper tantrum at the end was enjoyable, heh that kid is pissed off. Usually in a Gundam series, there is one episode I enjoy watching over and over again, this would be that episode of AGE, for the first generation at least.

10/10
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 19:31   Link #47
Vsin
Aldracity

Woolf is Sleggar and Millias is Mirai. Therefore, Woolf is going to die before the end of Flit's arc, and Millias will end up being Grodek's second wife. Calling it now.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 19:40   Link #48
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Woolf is Sleggar and Millias is Mirai. Therefore, Woolf is going to die before the end of Flit's arc, and Millias will end up being Grodek's second wife. Calling it now.
I thought only old men has on scene death

...flashback doesn't count
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 20:10   Link #49
ion475
にこにこにー

With my expectation so low, at least this is a battle episode, which gives it a little bit higher score. On the other hand, though, the battle scene do jump around a little bit too much...

At least next episode should get a 10 from me just b/c of Yamada Yurin.
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 20:52   Link #50
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
It was okay, having a big battle sort of wowed me but it was just okay I guess. 7/10

Except for Zedas and the ship, the UE barely looked like they were trying.
Old 2011-12-11, 21:15   Link #51
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, most of the time, the UE don't have to try. Except for two mobile suits present in that battle, everything else was a piece of junk. And it seems Desil was in control of them all, so he was treating it all as a too-easy video game. Up until the Sparrow arrived and roflstomped him.
Old 2011-12-11, 22:52   Link #52
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Why Yurin is referred as Yamada? Anything I should know?
Old 2011-12-11, 22:52   Link #53
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post
Judging from his profile over at ANN, AGE's director, Susumu Yamaguchi seems like quite the veteran having worked as animation director in several key Gundam series. Wonder why his fight choreography isn't as good as what one would expect of his resume.
Because that's not what an animation director does... Animation directors are there to redraw key frames so that they are consistent, and that's about it. The fight choreography has to do more with the storyboarding.
Old 2011-12-11, 22:54   Link #54
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Why Yurin is referred as Yamada? Anything I should know?
Watch Working!.

Spoiler for Or let me save you the trouble:
Old 2011-12-12, 00:41   Link #55
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Lulz. It's going to be delicious when he realizes he's not just shooting Bandai action figures out of the sky.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 01:33   Link #56
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Heh, did I miss an episode? Like fast forward city this episode...Well rather that than not that...

Good:

- Various parts of the fast pace action between Flit and Chibi Red-hair Ribbons Almark

- 'Splosions

- UE = Celestial Being?

Bad:

-Episode failed utterly in-terms of table-setting the battle for the audience

- The lack of any federation involvement excused by a throwaway line about them not caring or something

- Fight Choreography overall is just incoherent, nonsensical and sloppy

- Don Boyage mattering?

- Flit's piloting ability is super suspect

- Nothing that highlights the AGE system as it relates to studying battles and getting better (AGE is slow, so AGE BUILDER build something fast, meh...)

- As it relates to the stakes of the plot, what was I supposed to care about? A battle that no one in that universe even cares about other than some old Zakus and AGE team

- Big unstoppable enemy ship just retreating (But if they're getting their Celestial Being-on, then maybe I like this)

5/10...Alot of Gundam 00-ish stuff in this ep, but obviously not enuff...
Old 2011-12-12, 01:43   Link #57
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Heh, did I miss an episode? Like fast forward city this episode...Well rather that than not that...

Good:

- Various parts of the fast pace action between Flit and Chibi Red-hair Ribbons Almark

- 'Splosions

- UE = Celestial Being?

Bad:

-Episode failed utterly in-terms of table-setting the battle for the audience

- The lack of any federation involvement excused by a throwaway line about them not caring or something

- Fight Choreography overall is just incoherent, nonsensical and sloppy

- Don Boyage mattering?

- Flit's piloting ability is super suspect

- Nothing that highlights the AGE system as it relates to studying battles and getting better (AGE is slow, so AGE BUILDER build something fast, meh...)

- As it relates to the stakes of the plot, what was I supposed to care about? A battle that no one in that universe even cares about other than some old Zakus and AGE team

- Big unstoppable enemy ship just retreating (But if they're getting their Celestial Being-on, then maybe I like this)

5/10...Alot of Gundam 00-ish stuff in this ep, but obviously not enuff...
The Federation wasn't in this episode specifically because they had no forces in the area to spare, they couldn't offer help. Nothing hinted that they "didn't care".

And...what is nonsensical about the fighting here? Zalem and Euba distract the UE with a barrage of gun fire so Flit and Woolf can take them out. This isn't bad choreography, this is just how the episode was written.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2011-12-12 at 03:36.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 02:50   Link #58
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Best part of the episode was the green Zaku pilot suits
Old 2011-12-12, 04:11   Link #59
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
The Federation wasn't in this episode specifically because they had no forces in the area to spare, they couldn't offer help. Nothing hinted that they "didn't care".

And...what is nonsensical about the fighting here? Zalem and Euba distract the UE with a barrage of gun fire so Flit and Woolf can take them out. This isn't bad choreography, this is just how the episode was written.
I disagree. It's pretty ominous when the Federation lacks the motivation to at least send some token reinforcements to defeat their long-standing enemy.

Nope, it's just that the UE weren't fighting hard enough. Is it very difficult to ignore the spamming gunfire, when they were able to do it for the earlier episodes? Though if Desil was commanding, controlling those suits, he might have taken the battle lightly..
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 06:05   Link #60
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
This episode reminded me of the final 0083 episode. Needs more Sieg Zeoning
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion