AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-18, 05:41   Link #1
kaku

Tsukihime anime

Hi guys, I'm kind of new here, anyway I'm not asking when will the next Tsukihime episode be out but rather, how long does it take USUALLY for 1 fansub episode to be released?

I watched ep1-10 all in one shot cause I couldn't stop... it's really good especially with that dark theme.

Also anyone got anymore good animes to recommend? I liked Naruto a lot too.
Old 2003-12-18, 05:45   Link #2
Tomomi
chrno fangal

I have no idea when the next one will be released cos it all depends on the fansubbers. Anyway, this thread should go to the suggestions thread since you want some recommendations. Here's some anime with a bit of dark themes too:

Chrno Crusade
Full Metal Alchemist

Enjoy!
Old 2003-12-18, 06:08   Link #3
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaku
Hi guys, I'm kind of new here, anyway I'm not asking when will the next Tsukihime episode be out but rather, how long does it take USUALLY for 1 fansub episode to be released?

I watched ep1-10 all in one shot cause I couldn't stop... it's really good especially with that dark theme.

Turnaround time for an episode is probably about 1/2 week to a week. (except for my group, our turnaround time was 6-10 weeks <.<)
Old 2003-12-18, 06:19   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:

Well Tsukihime episode 11 just aired in Japan, so it isn't surprising that you haven't seen it subbed yet. If you're looking for a guide to how long this takes in general I'd say that...
  • Most groups sub an episode every 1.2 weeks. This means they tend to fall behind after a while.
  • Some groups (like ANBU-AonE's Naruto) sub their episode in only a few days so you can see it subbed before the next episode airs in Japan.
  • Many other groups take their time subbing an episode. They might take two or three weeks so you have to be patient.
  • A few groups (who shall remain nameless) will often take 2 months between episodes, so it is out whenever the heck it gets done.
I suppose that there isn't any hard and fast rule, so if you check the release dates on AnimeSuki and compare the dates between episodes you can figure out for yourself how often any particular group gets out a particular show. This way you won't have to ever ask this question again, because you will know the answer for yourself.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-18, 10:47   Link #5
NenMaster

isnt this series 12 eps as well, that pretty fucked up :/
Old 2003-12-18, 11:09   Link #6
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:

that's why I'm waiting for eps 12 before i watch it all in one go

depending on how popular most subs will be out weekly, I don't think this will take too long (unlike some other ones)
Old 2003-12-18, 14:33   Link #7
Xess
Go Suzuka!

I kinda prefer watching one episode a week. (cept for shows like Naruto because it's ridiculously slow) I lack self discipline, so if I have 52 episodes available, I'd watch the whole thing as soon as possible and finish it in 2 days, when it could have been an entire year of entertainment. A 3 month show, for someone to finish watching it in 4 hours, ahh that's a bit of a waste I feel. I like having the feeling of having something to look forward to every week.

As for the speed of the subs release, it seems that all the popular shows, especially those subbed by multiple groups, you definitely can except a weekly release. The releases also seem very consistant, so it's just like watching TV.
Old 2003-12-18, 17:42   Link #8
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xess
As for the speed of the subs release, it seems that all the popular shows, especially those subbed by multiple groups, you definitely can except a weekly release. The releases also seem very consistant, so it's just like watching TV.
I'd have to agree with that, most shows get released on fansub about a week or so after being aired in Japan. Some groups however release 2-3 episodes at once and then don't release anything at all for a couple of weeks. It all depends on the fansub group. But generally speaking about once a week, mostly 2 weeks yo can expect an episode for the most popular series.
Old 2003-12-18, 18:11   Link #9
eMpTy265
<unranked>

The releases of Tsukihime seemed pretty consistent so far... usually with the subbed versions coming out about weekly.

And as people have said.. the release times vary greatly...

Most KGNE fans have probably been spoilt by the consistency of [Lunar]'s subs...
(The group's been able to consistently release the subbed version around 18 hours after the episode airs in japan.... except for 1 occasion...)

On the other hand, Condor Hero fans get a much less regular schedule...
(Don't get me wrong, I really liked the subs... but considering that the original series is completed, and have already been subbed in chinese... random releases are sort of... unexpected... [especially when CH was the group's flagship series...])

So, yeah... depends on which group, and which series...

and competition usually increases the speed... so look for popular series.
Old 2003-12-18, 18:26   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
On the other hand, Condor Hero fans get a much less regular schedule...
(Don't get me wrong, I really liked the subs... but considering that the original series is completed, and have already been subbed in chinese... random releases are sort of... unexpected... [especially when CH was the group's flagship series...])
Hey! Don't pick on Live-eviL! There is a lot of complicated language in that show and they are very dedicated to getting it all exactly right. The reason for the irregular release schedule is their very exacting Quality Control process. Because it is their flagship series they are dedicated to getting it exactly right. Live-eviL is devoted to the principle of quality over speed and that is what they try to epitomize with Condor Hero, after all... it is their flagship series.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-18, 18:39   Link #11
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Hey! Don't pick on Live-eviL! There is a lot of complicated language in that show and they are very dedicated to getting it all exactly right. The reason for the irregular release schedule is their very exacting Quality Control process. Because it is their flagship series they are dedicated to getting it exactly right. Live-eviL is devoted to the principle of quality over speed and that is what they try to epitomize with Condor Hero, after all... it is their flagship series.

Well... picking on them wasn't my intention, it's just that they came to my mind.

Personally I love the series.... and I agree that it's definately a good thing that they take their time, since it does ensure that their releases are well done and all.

However, in objective terms of speed and consistency, they do indeed take their time. That's the only reason that I brought them up.
(For a series that's taken from a chinese novel... it would probably be much easier for the group wouldn't it? especially if they had someone that was chinese.)

(Another interesting thing about Condor Hero is that the 'RAW's were actually subbed in chinese weren't they? So doesn't it make it a little easier for them to translate Condor Hero? [Assuming that they have a chinese member in the group])

Now that I'm onto Condor Hero I do have a complaint... although it's not about the fansub group?

Why the heck did they end the series like that in ep.26? Are they planning on a second series or something?

ARGH... depresses me when I know I'll end up hating the series... despite Live-eviL's quality performance on subbing.

N E WayZ... luckily you won't have any lag with Tsukihime, since it's current, and pretty hot.

So hopefully the next ep will be out in a few days right?
Old 2003-12-18, 21:21   Link #12
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265

Now that I'm onto Condor Hero I do have a complaint... although it's not about the fansub group?

Why the heck did they end the series like that in ep.26? Are they planning on a second series or something?

ARGH... depresses me when I know I'll end up hating the series... despite Live-eviL's quality performance on subbing.
they should have made it like inuyasha, over 100+ episodes
that should be enough to cover all 4 volumes of the original novel
Old 2003-12-19, 15:42   Link #13
kaku

Thanks a lot,
the reason why i asked is partially because I am new,
and also because time is running out for me to see it all... I'll be going to the army (fucked up country I am in) soon so I won't be able to watch and find out what happens by then.

Will miss civilization for a few months then I can only be out for 1 and a half day per week for the next 2 and a half years.

oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Well Tsukihime episode 11 just aired in Japan, so it isn't surprising that you haven't seen it subbed yet. If you're looking for a guide to how long this takes in general I'd say that...
  • Most groups sub an episode every 1.2 weeks. This means they tend to fall behind after a while.
  • Some groups (like ANBU-AonE's Naruto) sub their episode in only a few days so you can see it subbed before the next episode airs in Japan.
  • Many other groups take their time subbing an episode. They might take two or three weeks so you have to be patient.
  • A few groups (who shall remain nameless) will often take 2 months between episodes, so it is out whenever the heck it gets done.
I suppose that there isn't any hard and fast rule, so if you check the release dates on AnimeSuki and compare the dates between episodes you can figure out for yourself how often any particular group gets out a particular show. This way you won't have to ever ask this question again, because you will know the answer for yourself.
Old 2003-12-22, 22:32   Link #14
lynne_huang

Quote:
Thanks a lot,
the reason why i asked is partially because I am new,
and also because time is running out for me to see it all... I'll be going to the army (fucked up country I am in) soon so I won't be able to watch and find out what happens by then.

Will miss civilization for a few months then I can only be out for 1 and a half day per week for the next 2 and a half years.

oh well...
haha! you must be either singaporean or taiwanese?!
anyway, Inuyasha's pretty light-hearted, nothing too heavy. Tsukihime is by far my favourite though! Chrno Crusade's not too bad either. If you're new to this, you might want to try and get your hands on Rurouni Kenshin / Samurai X? That's quite old but still enjoyable none the least.
you might want to branch out into reading manga, takes less time to d.l i.e. naruto, hunter x hunter etc.
a good website to go would be www.animesuki.com and you could go to baka-updates too.
hope this is of use! =)
Old 2003-12-23, 02:11   Link #15
drvtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne_huang
haha! you must be either singaporean or taiwanese?!
Why singaporean or taiwanese...he could be a part of another country that has mandatory military training. Though now that that is mentioned...

/me wonders how long before he's conscripted off to the military....

/me continues to hide.

BTW you can use http://anime.mircx.com too as cjb updates his page quickly by scanning all the bt trackers out there.

Hmm, come to think of it, I used to know a lynne huang that went to some school in Texas....

/me wanders back off to watch Sakon.
Old 2003-12-23, 21:43   Link #16
kamij0

oh well... 2 and a 1/2 years in army, thats singapore !!
Closed Thread