AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-14, 01:59   Link #101
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
No, I get it...I did not infer; You merely interpreted it that way...
Er....no you clearly didn't get it. Not at all.
Old 2008-09-14, 02:27   Link #102
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Then what? Are you coming to the conclusion that because I said Ikkaku can defeat an arrancar with a zanpakuto that's without any special abilities like Matsumoto's and Rukia's, that I'm saying Ikkaku could beat either of them?

Because I can't think of any other way to misinterpret whatever it is I'm saying, or not saying, because what this is right now is a back-and-forth tennis match between a tennis player and a wall...

If you're going to make your points clear and known, quit speaking in ambiguities or running around in circles and say it directly...I'd like to have a discussion, but this is getting annoying...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2008-09-14, 06:25   Link #103
BleachOD
Banned

I said I would explain it later...I am not in the mood. Don't get your panties bunch!
*sigh*
No you implied that Edorad was stronger than D-Roy. Which gave Rukia the win. That makes her weaker than Ikkaku...

If I thought someone was as illogical and lacked coherent thoughts. I wouldn't bother replying at all. *Just so happens there is a user like that here*

You saying that and continued answering doesn't make you look much brighter. Word to the wise...
Old 2008-09-14, 10:32   Link #104
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
No you implied that Edorad was stronger than D-Roy.
No, I didn't imply anything; It's a fact...Edorad was able to hold his ground in a battle while D-Roy couldn't even get his zanpakuto out before getting his ass kicked...

Know what's another fact? Ikkaku has only fought Fraccions, while Rukia has gone up against an Espada...How then, given that fact, could I even infer that Ikkaku could beat Rukia?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2008-09-14, 11:01   Link #105
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Ikaku losing isn't that far fetched. If he's fighting someone that has superior speed and power, he'll lose every time.

Even if he was serious and went Bankai right off the bat, it takes a long while to "warm up". He could be easily beaten by another captain level opponent that went all out right at the beginning.

Like others have said, his bankai doesn't give him any other special abilities or attributes, his body is still the same. If he can' weather the intial storm he's done right out of the gates.
Old 2008-09-14, 16:51   Link #106
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
No, I didn't imply anything; It's a fact...Edorad was able to hold his ground in a battle while D-Roy couldn't even get his zanpakuto out before getting his ass kicked...

Know what's another fact? Ikkaku has only fought Fraccions, while Rukia has gone up against an Espada...How then, given that fact, could I even infer that Ikkaku could beat Rukia?
For most of the fight, the Espada was fighting at a Lieutenant's level. In fact, he was fighting as Shiba Kaien and using all of his abilities. From what I saw of him, I doubt Kaien was anything Ikkaku could not have dealt with. It's possibly when he starts using the power of however many Hollows he's previously devoured that he'll put Ikkaku in trouble, but it would be an overall even match. Rukia got really lucky to actually beat Aaroniero at all.
Old 2008-09-14, 17:09   Link #107
Casshern

A win is still a win, but power levels in bleach are always inconsistent. Especially the comparison between Rukia and Ikkaku is flawed. Rukia fights to win, Ikkaku fights for fun. Rukia will fight at 100% as soon as she deems necessary, Ikkaku is mentally unstable and will get his ass killed for no real reason.
Old 2008-09-15, 10:29   Link #108
BleachOD
Banned

It's more than that...

Rukia's Hakuren should kill him. Arrancar have tough skin and GJ is an Espada whose ranked as 6 (for what thats worth ) So he was able to free himself. Ikkaku is not an Arrancar so he doesn't have that. He also has no special abilities so he would be out classed in every way. The only thing he could rely on is fighting ability;Swordsmanship.

Let's say captain level is 100. To be considered this level you have to reach 100.

All the captains have...however some could be considered captain level but have a level of 200 and up...

So you can compare them by their abilities instead of level. Rukia isn't seated, she could be Fuku or Taicho level...

That's why she isn't limited by "Captain Level" and can be compared to Ikkaku.
Old 2008-09-15, 10:39   Link #109
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
It's more than that...

Rukia's Hakuren should kill him. Arrancar have tough skin and GJ is an Espada whose ranked as 6 (for what thats worth ) So he was able to free himself. Ikkaku is not an Arrancar so he doesn't have that. He also has no special abilities so he would be out classed in every way. The only thing he could rely on is fighting ability;Swordsmanship.

Let's say captain level is 100. To be considered this level you have to reach 100.

All the captains have...however some could be considered captain level but have a level of 200 and up...

So you can compare them by their abilities instead of level. Rukia isn't seated, she could be Fuku or Taicho level...

That's why she isn't limited by "Captain Level" and can be compared to Ikkaku.

well spoken OD!!!!

and here's hoping next week >=] ikkaku is dead and some captainst start getting the axe. Down with SS Down with SS!
Old 2008-09-15, 13:33   Link #110
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
You know what would be awesome? If Momo came and started kicking Arrancar butt. I mean, she's gotta redeem herself somehow from being Aizen's little lapdog, right? She's a vice-captain, so she could probably do it.
Old 2008-09-15, 14:02   Link #111
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
well spoken OD!!!!

and here's hoping next week >=] ikkaku is dead and some captainst start getting the axe. Down with SS Down with SS!
Thanks...

*Warning* you start saying Ichigo needs to die for plot development. I will neuter you...

(Kill the whole cast for all I care...just not Ichigo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
You know what would be awesome? If Momo came and started kicking Arrancar butt. I mean, she's gotta redeem herself somehow from being Aizen's little lapdog, right? She's a vice-captain, so she could probably do it.
I vote no...

(Correction: she has the worst Zanpakuto, then it's Kira)
Old 2008-09-15, 14:08   Link #112
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
(Correction she has the worst Zanpakuto, then it's Kira)
Eh, she has terrific Kidou skills though. Weak personality aside, she could give a few one-dimensional swordsmen a run for their money.
Old 2008-09-15, 14:09   Link #113
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Eh, she has terrific Kidou skills though. Weak personality aside, she could give a few one-dimensional swordsmen a run for their money.
How interesting is Hado 33 over and over? (Sick of it myself)

She couldn't even beat Kira...
Old 2008-09-15, 14:35   Link #114
Amirali
Banned

I don't praise her Kidou skills based on anything she's shown in fights. Besides being sucker-stabbed by Aizen, she hasn't been in any combats to the death, so there isn't much evidence there either way.

Rather, I go by Kira pointing out that Hinamori has exceptional Kidou skills; as has also been indicated in shinigami academy flashbacks. Also, she was able to shadow Hitseguya to the Central 46 chambers without him noticing. Hitsu may be a nerd, but he's still a captain.....stalking him takes some considerable skills.

To date in the series, she's been more plot-device than fighter, and that will probably continue. Yet it'd be far more interesting (and less predictable!) to she how she fares on the battlefield. Someone as unstable as her could be highly dangerous.
Old 2008-09-15, 15:06   Link #115
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:

. Also, she was able to shadow Hitseguya to the Central 46 chambers without him noticing. Hitsu may be a nerd, but he's still a captain.....stalking him takes some considerable skills.
*Psst!* If you want to convince me that's not the way to go. I think Hitsu sucks. You just provided me with another reason to dislike his ass along with her.

Quote:
To date in the series, she's been more plot-device than fighter, and that will probably continue.
Could the reason be...She sucks as a fighter?

Quote:
.Yet it'd be far more interesting (and less predictable!) to she how she fares on the battlefield.
Unpredictable I agree and it would be a major head banger. However I would rather watch my turtles fight for dominance in the tank.

Quote:
.Someone as unstable as her could be highly dangerous.
My point exactly! She was so insane she didn't care about any bonds except the one with Aizen. She should have been upset enough to kick kira's ass. Instead she fires and misses and gets owned by one of the shittiest swords ever to grace a page in Bleach.
Old 2008-09-15, 15:23   Link #116
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
She couldn't even beat Kira..
Consider that she passed out when she forced herself to attack Hitseguya. Hinamori's not good at making herself fight friends; she's too emotional to pull it off. We can get a better idea of her strengths when she takes on some arrancar she cares zilch for.

Quote:
My point exactly! She was so insane she didn't care about any bonds except the one with Aizen. She should have been upset enough to kick kira's ass. Instead she fires and misses and gets owned by one of the shittiest swords ever to grace a page in Bleach.
Eh, it's only shounen logic that becoming angry and upset equals a power-up. In reality, one's probably less likely to fight smart when disturbed. Especially a strategically skilled fighter focusing on Kidou and stealth/agility. She's no Kenpachi who'll win with aggressive rage. At any rate, this debate will be resolved one way or another, later on in the manga. When we finally see her fight seriously, without her head all f***ed up with grief/paranoia. Until then, I'll keep my assertions about her potential strength openended.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-09-15 at 16:05.
Old 2008-09-15, 16:13   Link #117
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Consider that she passed out when she forced herself to attack Hitseguya. Hinamori's not good at making herself fight friends; she's too emotional to pull it off. We can get a better idea of her strengths when she takes on some arrancar she cares zilch for.

Eh, it's only shounen logic that becoming angry and upset equals a power-up. In reality, one's probably less likely to fight smart when disturbed. Especially a strategically skilled fighter focusing on Kidou and stealth/agility. She's no Kenpachi who'll win with aggressive rage. At any rate, this debate will be resolved one way or another, later on in the manga. When we finally see her fight seriously, without her head all f***ed up with grief/paranoia. Until then, I'll keep my assertions about her potential strength openended.
I can accept that. So I ask that I be allowed to believe she sucks and is waste of page space. So much that I don't even want to talk about her negatively. I would rather forget KT's mistakes. (You point to many of it out and it makes me look bad because I am a Bleach Otaku. You did notice that right?)

I agree; since we haven't see much of her we can always say what "She skils could have" or not. Unlike Ikkaku and Rukia...
Old 2008-09-15, 16:25   Link #118
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
I can accept that. So I ask that I be allowed to believe she sucks and is waste of page space.
Of course . We both know you don't have to ask. I'm not a hinamori fanboy myself, but I like having a few characters around that I dislike....if that makes any sense.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-09-15 at 18:54.
Old 2008-09-15, 18:55   Link #119
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
I consider her to be very strong, also she wields a beautiful powerful fire type zanpaktou.
Her only weakness is her personality, aside that I consider her as skilled as Rukia is with ice&kidou as she is also good with kidou.

Also I believe KT will surely not forget her in this matter, so... just wait and see =D
Old 2008-09-15, 20:41   Link #120
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Momo.......What can i say about her....she should be in this fight to give her back some of her dignity but i guess yama figured she was still to aizen crazed to be let out to defend against him

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga