AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-02, 10:55   Link #321
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Jaka View Post
this is a horrible show and you should feel horrible for watching it
Now imagine how the poor guy TRANSLATING such a show might feel? My my my
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 11:04   Link #322
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
... I wonder how many of us has/almost turned into gay thanks to Natsuru.

I can't believe I liked the first episode, much contradictory of how I actually wanted to avoid it.

Also, I think that Guy!Natsuru's voice feels so laughable I can't stop myself.
How are we feeling gay? It's not like Natsuru is a trap. His whole body BECOMES a girl,

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 11:13   Link #323
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Do you guys know if this is going to have an actual plot [with cliffhangers :O?], or just one of those each episode is almost a standalone thing with fanservice?

I'm trying to decide if i can just watch 1 episode a week, or just wait for the whole thing so i don't go "ughh i can't wait for the next week".

I don't know much about the series, so someone with background knowledge (w/o spoiling anything), please shed some light! Thanks!
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 11:14   Link #324
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Is this going to be a 26 episode series? or a 13 episode series? Also...do you guys know if this is going to have an actual plot [with cliffhangers :O?], or just one of those each episode is almost a standalone thing with fanservice?
The first episode had a plot, with a cliffhanger ending.
Old 2009-10-02, 11:17   Link #325
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The first episode had a plot, with a cliffhanger ending.
hah...alright, maybe i'll just take a look at the episode myself and see what it's like.

I hope it's not just mindless zombie-like fanserviceeee (with a little plot)
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 11:36   Link #326
ZODDGUTS

First episode was okay-ish.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 11:37   Link #327
Jerseykid

I hope there is as much fanservice as possible. with of course some plot
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 11:55   Link #328
GDB

Man, I don't really understand why they changed so much from the manga.

Spoiler for Manga:

So, yeah... this is looking to be a rather bad adaptation so far.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 12:47   Link #329
paladinenvec

Well i was reading the manga and seem ok, even if it's one of my hated genres(genderbending) this manga paticularly ,has been interesting putting aside the girls obviously(or boys[?]), i'm seeing the anime and well its a good start, it's good to see my favorite character of this series animated: Akane =´).
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 13:26   Link #330
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

Spoiler for Manga:

i dont find it that bad, sure they do bring some scenes early but its what happens when they reach ch10 manga that i'll start to worry about the plot.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 13:48   Link #331
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Most likely due to budget saving, they went with just one seiyuu for both the male and female part. Inoue Marina is usually a good pick for this, though I'm sure I have heard more convincingly male interpretations from her. As you mention, Natsuru does sound childish for a high schooler.
Towards the end it wasn't so bad honestly. Either I just got used to it or the VA became more comfortable with the role.
Old 2009-10-02, 14:11   Link #332
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I don't quite see the selling point of this show. I'd expect a fighting girl anime to either deliver the tough girl archetype in spades or girls ripping each others clothes of. I understand that this is supposed to be fetish fuel but how and to whom?
Old 2009-10-02, 14:13   Link #333
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
I don't quite see the selling point of this show. I'd expect a fighting girl anime to either deliver the tough girl archetype in spades or girls ripping each others clothes of. I understand that this is supposed to be fetish fuel but how and to whom?
Not quite so sure. But the way the Heroines walk all over Natsuru without any regard to his feelings is the selling point for me. It's pretty rare to have relationship dynamics like that, and it's quite funny. Well, and I love Genderbenders. It's rare to see them animated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i dont find it that bad, sure they do bring some scenes early but its what happens when they reach ch10 manga that i'll start to worry about the plot.
If They were to fully animate the first couple of chapters, It would be hard to introduce all the important characters within the first 3 episodes, without having the feeling they're rushing things. Better off cutting some things out for the sake of pace.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 14:40   Link #334
SinsI

Quote:

The answer is simple - they didn't. They are not adapting the manga, they are going straight for the source - light novels.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 14:41   Link #335
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
If They were to fully animate the first couple of chapters, It would be hard to introduce all the important characters within the first 3 episodes, without having the feeling they're rushing things. Better off cutting some things out for the sake of pace.
Feels rushed to me, and feels like they're cutting a lot of things for no real reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
The answer is simple - they didn't. They are not adapting the manga, they are going straight for the source - light novels.
Well, if this is a faithful adaption of the light novels, then I'd say the manga far surpasses the novels. The fight scenes in this were horribly stale, good jokes were taken out and stupid jokes about using a toilet put in, etc.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 14:55   Link #336
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
i dont really mind if they cut out some scenes to get to ch10 manga within 2 eps at all. im totally for it as long as they take plot from the novel to be animated in the remaining 11 eps. there is 10 novels they can get material from so it should mean that we'll be able to know what happens in the novels after vol2. i dont think a novel translation will come out soon atm. if it doesn't then there is nothing i can do about it. i'll be content if the anime air the contents of vol3+ in the novels.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 14:56   Link #337
SinsI

Quote:
Feels rushed to me, and feels like they're cutting a lot of things for no real reason.
If they only have 13 episodes fitting 10 volumes of light novels into it is not an easy task. As an example, Zero no Tsukaima only managed to squeeze 3 volumes into the first season - and they skipped a ton of material (the result was terrible, IMHO).
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 15:20   Link #338
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

The quality of the animation is quite good. I disliked Natsuru VA though, especially for his male persona, it doesn't fit.

As for Akane, I would have prefered someone like Megumi Toyoguchi as her VA, the one that voiced Revy from Black Lagoon, especially for her other persona. It seems to fit her more.
Old 2009-10-02, 15:22   Link #339
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
If they only have 13 episodes fitting 10 volumes of light novels into it is not an easy task. As an example, Zero no Tsukaima only managed to squeeze 3 volumes into the first season - and they skipped a ton of material (the result was terrible, IMHO).
You're not taking into account any filler that they could throw in for whatever reason...

Will they get to manga chapter 10 material by episode 5 or 6?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 15:25   Link #340
KillerYandere
Yandere Overlord

Quote:

Well, if this is a faithful adaption of the light novels, then I'd say the manga far surpasses the novels. The fight scenes in this were horribly stale, good jokes were taken out and stupid jokes about using a toilet put in, etc.
You do realize that most of the early fight scenes in the manga didn't last very long at all and they do more with the battles with the anime. Hell, it wasn't until Natsuru and Akane actually fought Shizuku that we got even a taste of how good the manga's action were. The ones before it were cockteases.

At least it isn't a total hack job like the second season of the Rosario + Vampire anime.

KillerYandere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen