AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-18, 11:25   Link #20021
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Artei has always been older than Kha and Sophia, but after the Belkarangers appearance, I made him the same age as them, as well as Hinagiku Sunny-chan. I wonder what both Tea's interests' ages are though.
Surely older than her... How old is Vice? He could be used as a reference.

Quote:
In Rebuilt, Kha confessed at 12, Fate gave her reply at 14 when he enrolled in Gakutenoh for a short stint.
Now that's a HUGE change huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Actually, Asagi just waits until she gets an opportunity to counterattack, but that doesn't mean she won't try and get a few hits in. She's just really careful not to strike you carelessly. If it takes a few combo strikes to get you in position for a INAZUMA JUURYOKU OTOSHI then she'll go on the offensive. Just depends on the enemy really.
Makes sense that she'd try to get a few hits in while waiting for the proper time to use a finisher, but I think that still makes her a counterattack type. Regardless, though, Gwen would make any opponent fall into a defensive stance, as she always tries to take the initiative - unless her opponent is very experienced, in which case she would be more careful and fight similarly to Asagi. Depends on the enemy, as you say.

A mock battle between Gwen and Asagi can surely happen, too.

Quote:
Yes, and I'll row their boat if you know what I mean

*RUNS*
ME WANTS TOO.

*runs*

Quote:
I think that'll be an interesting scenario to write especially since technically Mai did kill Shinobu >.> Although, given that it was more of the Lost Logia's influence than Mai's will, they'd attribute it more to the actions of an "Evil Precious"

But not without some moments of angst

Don't worry though, they'd get along with Mai just fine *cough* BelkaBlack 2 *cough*

*runs some more*
Hmm, some tasty angst is coming, I see.

And so, one more girl for a 5-ranger team...

Quote:
Just seemed so different from how I usually write... maybe it's just me

And as for Julie, that'll be explained in her profile when it comes up. Suffice it to say though, Julie is the youngest of the three, a year younger than Asagi and Mayura
Ah, so Mayura is indeed the onee-sama of the team, at least when it comes to experience.

Quote:

You dare say such things about my her precious ALICE CARROLL?!?!?!?!?!

Spoiler for You're not worthy of being a Cleric-Knight:
This made me LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Spoiler for OFM Report: Encountered Spawn Forms:
Awesome, this is nice material for the Nanoha OCverse RTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Anyway, more about me...

I'm having a hard time with the current fights I'm writing; which are the Aurion vs. Hayate mock battle and the Grandis vs. Signum real battle...

The main problem in the first one is I'm getting in a bit of a tight spot with regards to Hayate's performance... She's, quite frankly, holding out quite well, if not almost constantly on the defensive. In a quick rundown without spoilering, here's her performance stats as of GenerationS...

Spoiler for GenerationS Hayate:

It's hard. It's VERY hard. But she has all the potential in the world to properly cover up her weaknesses and eventually even go as far as holding herself against her fellow Aces. Anybody who wants to say it's impossible? Speak up now. They won't make the SSS-rank if there were absolutely nobody who reached such a level. (Not perfect, alright?) And I believe Hayate can, eventually. She doesn't deserve to be a shafted one-trick pony and I won't let her be! I'm going to show her potential here, and I need all the advice I can get to make it happen without much skepticism from others.

And once more, this managed to accomplish the feat of making me even more pissed off at 7arcs than I ever thought possible. -_-

Any thoughts? Should I lower or raise some stats? Any ideas for how much her performance could improve upon Unison?
I dont see any problems with this, and in fact I agree with most of what you have here. The thing is, this is just a mock battle - I dont see what's so important about it. In the real battlefield, Hayate shouldnt need to actually fight (especially in close combat, since she is not particularly good at it, and she knows it) if she properly commands her unit, unless absolutely necessary, or her Knights are not with her. What I'm trying to say is, arent you thinking too much about this? She is supposed to be a ranged support, not a melee aggressor, after all. It is what makes her Hayate and not Nanoha.

As I have said before, Hayate CHOSE to be support and to become a Lt. Colonel to lead troops into battle instead of fighting the battles herself. She had the potential to choose whatever path she wanted - to become an Enforcer like Fate, or to become an "Aggressor" like Nanoha - but she chose otherwise. You can give Hayate quite a lot of character development without making her go into the battlefield - and I actually may have a scenario coming with a little of that.

Just my thoughts.

Quote:
Spoiler for ”Low Key Celebration”:

Congratulations OC

AND TORMENK WINS 20K!!!!!!! And with a scenario no less!!!!! AWESOME!!!!

PERFECT post to start page 1001!!

Comments on longer posts coming in a little bit.
Old 2008-02-18, 11:25   Link #20022
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Thanks Goose, that's info I needed. I think I can tiptoe my way around and put something together in terms of Regius giving special low down orders for projects that didn't get very far, very fast, due to lack of extra funding. (Thus, why they sped up once Regius was killed and his OPEN pet projects toasted.)

@ Koreko. I have a nice thorough response typed out to your woes of power armor, but I've since stopped wanting to really post it but still have it off to the side here. It amounts to the fact that the difference between cyborgs, and power armor is that one has the circuts inside the puny manflesh, and the other is warn externally on top of the puny manflesh, which pretty much reduces your entire argument to cinders faster than a a dragon in a fireworks factory.

Ask and I'll post in full. But I'm tired, I ended up waking up early again and want to ensure my wording is sanely founded before I counter in full. (Rather than sound like a fanatic lunatic struggling uselessly while strapped to a chair.)
Old 2008-02-18, 11:32   Link #20023
Ryand-Smith
Mecha Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Ryand-Smith Send a message via MSN to Ryand-Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X
and the magic style is non-descript- so it's resistant to AMF- which only (in canon that is) affects Mid and Velka- there are still 798+ other magic forms- and there is that possibility that at least 1 is resistant to AMF.
Saint X, this sounds like Hax to me. Making an entire new magic style just to avoid the AMF sounds like a underhanded way to cheat Scalatti of his best weapon, and the plot. In fact that's half the point of Nanohaverse, that Magic is more of a Science that can be understood, albeit one with mysterious ways.
Old 2008-02-18, 11:53   Link #20024
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
Saint X, this sounds like Hax to me. Making an entire new magic style just to avoid the AMF sounds like a underhanded way to cheat Scalatti of his best weapon, and the plot. In fact that's half the point of Nanohaverse, that Magic is more of a Science that can be understood, albeit one with mysterious ways.
Well in canon the TSAB only uses 2 magic forms and Jail is well versed in the ways of both Canons... and hence able to use AMF against the TSAB very effectively.

And there is a Canonical statement of other Magical forms/Canons existing

Jail may have knowledge of about 2 or more other Magical Canons, but since he's only fighting the TSAB- which uses only two types of Magical Canons, he does not use his other magical knowledge since he knows what he's doing when he started using AMF against the Bureau. If the Bureau had embraced more Magical Canons, then Jail would have plotted even longer...

And this is just for Rebuilt

And you said the proper words as well...

"Magic is more of a Science that can be understood, albeit one with mysterious ways."

How can Jail's AMF counter the 800+ Magical Canons in the multiverse?

Is Jail ready to take on at least 800+ other kinds of mages with who knows what kind of skills and spells?

Even with a clear mind one cannot think of countermeasures for such a wide array of threats- even threats that had been countered will find a way to break it.

and there is a possibility of a "Why is this not found in our records?!!" and "I thought we cataloged them all!!" scenario.

And besides, what could a mere Templar like shim do against the masses?

*senses Silvana incoming*

And more magic forms, the better...
Old 2008-02-18, 12:08   Link #20025
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Well in canon the TSAB only uses 2 magic forms and Jail is well versed in the ways of both Canons... and hence able to use AMF against the TSAB very effectively.
Where was it stated that AMF is specifically designed to work against Mid and Belka magic types?
I see the AMF as something that interferes with the mage's ability to output magical energy. In principle, it should be equally effective against any form of magic.
Old 2008-02-18, 12:33   Link #20026
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Where was it stated that AMF is specifically designed to work against Mid and Belka magic types?
I see the AMF as something that interferes with the mage's ability to output magical energy. In principle, it should be equally effective against any form of magic.
Ah... yes....

the usual reply...

Well they are the more clear and present threat to him at the moment- the 'apparent lack of variety' of the target/s can make one say that it was designed to counter those kinds of targets- if there was/were an incident that involved another form other than the standards, that would be a different matter.

Well i have my own principle on how AMF interferes/cancels magic linking

And it is based on how some Active Noise Control Systems work.

the AMF generator takes a sample of the waveform of the emitter- which is pretty uniform even across different mages of the same Canon (some Canons like Mid/Velka)- hence the similar sigil.

then the generator emits an 'antiwaveform' so that when the two waveforms meet, they basically cancel out, leaving a waveform that is too weak for the mage for any proper linking/transmission. mages that do manage to operate in AMF have higher "pitch" and the same wavelength and frequency

I believe some Magical Canons have a "'varied' waveform" across different mages of the same Canon and hence not easily taken down by AMF- or mages that have waveforms that alter constantly due to certain factors. Magic forms that are 'commonly referred' to as weak... (as to Mid/Velka)

but as always a strong enough AMF is enough...

And if you're going to bring in the EMP concept, remember that it takes a certain waveform to fry out circuitry and wiring.

Sorry i forgot my books on Wave Theory- but part of the basic concept is there.
Old 2008-02-18, 12:39   Link #20027
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Somehow, I get a strange mental picture regarding good' ole Nel vs. the infection:

"Back off weakling, get your own b**** to chew on."

Nah, nowing Nel he'd probably go "Insollent parasite! You dare opose those whom you cannot dream to match? Taste the fury of the earth itself!"

Quote:
... I hope Keroko-tan doesn't appear in Kane's Wrath, or my ZOCOM is done for

*packs up Sonic equipment*
If, by chance, you see a red Ion Cannon, that's her.

Quote:
Well Blame me for not yet doing the Dei-Type Magic Canon...

too large...
a bit too lengthy to do in one sitting or post in one post...
so i opted to "lecture" about it- sometime near the future.

But as for Bridget, her attacks are partially magically infused- 2/3s of her attack is physical- with a so-called anti-AMF measure.
Anti-AMF measure? Hmm, this warants more details.

Quote:
Does VEDA see this as a cause for intervention

*runs*
I'm asuming VEDA knows the meaning of the word 'suicide' and its aplications.

Quote:
The receiving end is sure hurting!
Bah, its only Oboro. His entire purpose in the anime is to get hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Well Nelthy is a double-edge sword after all so this is one of the times he's proving helpful.

Quote:
Laughing my head off for Keroko-tan blasting Jack and the others..while thinking about the fact Kane has a Ion Cannon.
Worse... Kane has the Ion Canon.

Quote:
Kinda makes things worse otoh. Giving the easily mistaken perception while taking the form of a joke.
Worse? How so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
I would like to run an idea of mine by you guys for a while before I truly get started on it. Lowe never replied so I decided to ask every one instead.
Spoiler for VUDs:
Spoiler for Plan:
Its a fairly crazy idea but is it viable or should I shut down my delusions of grandeur?
Hmm, reminds me of Bakura.

I'm a bit hesitant to the 'rogue faction inside the TSAB' bit though, an external faction sounds more believable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
As part of Prelude to Alpha, I present Last One Standing.

It is canon as regards to Alpha. Yes, that's who it yes. Yes, there's hot blood.

Spoiler for Last One Standing:
Oi oi, his inner Yuunonidas is apearing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Thanks Goose, that's info I needed. I think I can tiptoe my way around and put something together in terms of Regius giving special low down orders for projects that didn't get very far, very fast, due to lack of extra funding. (Thus, why they sped up once Regius was killed and his OPEN pet projects toasted.)
Hmm, that might work. Might I suggest also adding the political chaos the underhand business and subsequent death of the council would have undoubtably have caused as a reason? Of course, stuff like this still needs to be done with some semblance of secrecy...

Quote:
@ Koreko. I have a nice thorough response typed out to your woes of power armor, but I've since stopped wanting to really post it but still have it off to the side here. It amounts to the fact that the difference between cyborgs, and power armor is that one has the circuts inside the puny manflesh, and the other is warn externally on top of the puny manflesh, which pretty much reduces your entire argument to cinders faster than a a dragon in a fireworks factory.

Ask and I'll post in full. But I'm tired, I ended up waking up early again and want to ensure my wording is sanely founded before I counter in full. (Rather than sound like a fanatic lunatic struggling uselessly while strapped to a chair.)
The difference between internal and external circuitry is huge. It's like saying a layer of bone wrapped around the skin is as sturdy as one inside the body. A concentration of cables and wires is a hell of a lot more sturdy then the same cables scattered over a larger surface.

That being said, even the cyborgs broke down several times in the series.

Quote:
Actually, its specifically stated that an AMF is less effective against Belkan magic then against mid.
Old 2008-02-18, 13:09   Link #20028
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Keroko-chan: *pokes Arcas in the back of his head* No, instead you're an insensitive jerk who does everything he can to avoid us getting boyfriends.
Quote:
Grandis: Me? Insenstive? HAHAHA! Now that's a new one! LOOK. WHO'S. TALKING. You're the haughty, self-righteous, pig-headed and power-tripping jerk here. And that include being insensitive to a large degree. On the other matter, no teasing isn't fun at all.()

Me: Quite a lot of descriptions there...

Grandis: And that supports my point. And I am so expecting him to counter with the Kha and Yuuno reasoning.
Arcas: <to Keroko> Says the Ace whose primary love interest is a she-male.

Arcas: <to Grandis> Still bringing up the past, are we? I only acted that way towards YOU, and only YOU. And you're capable of being just as much of a self-righteous, pig-headed jerk as I am, so you don't have that over me. And if you think Kha-sama and Yuuno-san are completely exempt, you're wrong. I am perfectly capable of giving both of them hell - Yuuno for his timidity, and Kha for his stupidity regarding other women, especially Sofy. Believe it or not, I once tried to strangle Kha-sama because he was being the galaxy's biggest idiot. The reason I don't give them NEARLY the crap I do other guys is because they've earned my trust - something YOU still have to do.

Oh, and one last thing: is that all you got?

Quote:
Oh yeah... but considering YOU have been using it, the effect is as good as ZERO.

*runs*
IwillnotUguu~IwillnotUguu~IwillnotUguu~IwillnotUgu u~IwillnotUguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
...I think my mind just exploded.
Whoa, seriously?

Quote:

Congratulations OC

I'm not mentioned...I'm not mentioned...I'm not mentioned...I'm not mentioned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
20,000... BREAK.

500... BREAK.

And yet the road is still infinite.

Spoiler for OVER 20,000!!!!!!!!:
AGAIN with the unmentioning! What am I, the thread's Hayate?

Quote:
The game, you'll have to find for yourself. The translation patch, however, can be found at Mirrormoon.org.
Oh. Damn.

Quote:
Spoiler for IS: Silver Retriever:

Look at her facial expresion, not to mention Teana and Rein, who are not taking her seriously in any way whatsoever.
@ Caro's expression.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Dere-dere Signum?

DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT-

<BOOM!>
Old 2008-02-18, 13:35   Link #20029
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Arcas: <to Keroko> Says the Ace whose primary love interest is a she-male.

Keroko-chan:
*glares* I think we need to discuss the difference between the words 'she-male' and 'androgynous' and lets go over the word 'tact' while we're at it.

Quote:
Arcas: <to Grandis> Still bringing up the past, are we? I only acted that way towards YOU, and only YOU.

*various hospitalized members of the Hayate, Nanoha, Keroko and fate fanclubs*
LIAR!!!!

Quote:
And you're capable of being just as much of a self-righteous, pig-headed jerk as I am, so you don't have that over me. And if you think Kha-sama and Yuuno-san are completely exempt, you're wrong. I am perfectly capable of giving both of them hell - Yuuno for his timidity, and Kha for his stupidity regarding other women, especially Sofy. Believe it or not, I once tried to strangle Kha-sama because he was being the galaxy's biggest idiot. The reason I don't give them NEARLY the crap I do other guys is because they've earned my trust - something YOU still have to do.

Keroko-kun:
Interesting. He's only proving Grandis point right now.

Tesla: *shrugs* That's the kind of guy he is.

Quote:
I'm not mentioned...I'm not mentioned...I'm not mentioned...I'm not mentioned...

AGAIN with the unmentioning! What am I, the thread's Hayate?

I was very tempted to pull an 'Oh, you're still here?' back there.

Anyway, maybe you should post more material instead of focussing on these random posts (lets be frank, your posts rarely contain more then simple side comments) And try to involve yourself in other storylines more.

Oh, and cut back on the Uguu.
Old 2008-02-18, 13:53   Link #20030
Jimmy C

Quote:
Actually, its specifically stated that an AMF is less effective against Belkan magic then against Mid.
Were you thinking of this?
Spoiler for StrikerS manga chapter 2:

If so, it doesn't say anything specific about Belka magic. But yeah, an AMF would be much less effective against a Belka Knight swinging a big sword or hammer at it.
Old 2008-02-18, 14:05   Link #20031
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:

If so, it doesn't say anything specific about Belka magic. But yeah, an AMF would be much less effective against a Belka Knight swinging a big sword or hammer at it.
Given that most Belkan magic tends to involve magic-powered physical attacks, with a few exceptions, I think saying Belkan magic is better against AMF is a fair statement. Like you said, even if the magic power gets cut, you still have a heavy piece of metal aimed at you. The only nonphysical Belkan I can think of off the top of my head is Hayate (Shamal doesn't count. ), who can probably just break an AMF with sheer firepower.

And 'grats on the 20K GET. Let's push on to 30!
Old 2008-02-18, 14:09   Link #20032
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

No, I didn't mean that page. According to selkirk, the DVD booklets mention that Belkan enhancement magic is not affected by AMF.
Old 2008-02-18, 14:28   Link #20033
Jimmy C

As said, probably because the physical object being enhanced is still going to cause considerable damage when it connects, magic weakened or no.
Old 2008-02-18, 14:53   Link #20034
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:

Keroko-chan:
*glares* I think we need to discuss the difference between the words 'she-male' and 'androgynous' and lets go over the word 'tact' while we're at it.
Arcas: Forgive me if I don't keep up on the latest in PC terms. And 'tact' is just another way of saying "Let's make a hurtful truth sound less hurtful."

Quote:
[B]
*various hospitalized members of the Hayate, Nanoha, Keroko and fate fanclubs* LIAR!!!!
Arcas: So says the stalkers, spies, and guys who try to bribe Erio into installing cameras in the shower rooms. Besides, if I treated you the same way as I did him, I'd be trying to blow you up NOW, while you're relatively immobile. And I'm not, am I?

Quote:
Keroko-kun: Interesting. He's only proving Grandis point right now.

Tesla: *shrugs* That's the kind of guy he is.
Arcas: <sigh> My point isn't to say that I'm not capable of being that kind of person - my point is that I'm that kind of person LESS often than he is. Almost ANYONE is capable of being a jerk - how much of a jerk you are is dictated by the number of circumstances where you COULD act like one, but choose not to - a jerk quotient if you will. Grandis' point is that everyone has one. Mine is that mine is less than his. Not exactly the same thing.

And precisely WHAT sort of guy am I, Tesla?

Quote:
[B]
I was very tempted to pull an 'Oh, you're still here?' back there.

Anyway, maybe you should post more material instead of focussing on these random posts (lets be frank, your posts rarely contain more then simple side comments) And try to involve yourself in other storylines more.

Oh, and cut back on the Uguu.

At least I'm responding. And I am NOT the only person whose post formats are simple comments - I've counted at LEAST 3 other members whose posts are like that.

And you guys only bring up the Uguu~ thing cause I'm a guy. If I was a girl...

<holds up hands>
Old 2008-02-18, 14:57   Link #20035
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Kicking this party off with the Akatsuki arc of StorieS

Spoiler for Promises of Today part I:

EDIT: Kinda cheap but hey I want this 20k get.

And not forgetting..

"THIS! IS! OUTER CADIA!!!!!!!!!!"

"ORE TACHI WO, DARE DA TO OMOTTE YAGARU?!"
I'm getting this harem vibe from that little bit, but not matter, it was a good write XD. Nice 20k post.

Quote:

Congratulations OC

That was not Low Key . But it's fitting.

Lowe: It's not time to go home yet, is it? I'm still a little to red in the face.
Kagerou: That's alright, we'll just say you were shot down and are missing in action.
USB: *laughs* That's pretty harsh, Kagerou.

Quote:
20,000... BREAK.

500... BREAK.

And yet the road is still infinite.

Spoiler for OVER 20,000!!!!!!!!:

Btw, preview for Blank of 6 Months I.

Spoiler:

Enjoyable at the least. Both pieces of writing.

Quote:
Sometimes the curse turns out to be a blessing in disguise. I had forgotten the infecting abillity the flood part of the spawn had, but with Neltharion's corruption litterally burning away the infection, I can safely say "hell yes!"

Ultralisks may be tough, but they're no match for someone who took on a Bio-Titan.

Although she's aready out for a few weeks in doing so. >_< Ah well, that's Keroko for you. At least she has very able bodyguards watching over her.
Indeed . Keroko may be beat up, but she'll get better and kick more ass.

Quote:
My gripe with Power Armors is not the plate, as we know Signum wears plated protectors, Hayate has plate sideguards, Vivio and Keroko have plate covering their stomach and sides and so on and so on, my problem with power armor is the gizmos and wires inside the armor that, basically, makes them robots on their own.

Why?

We already know that normal mages not wearing Power Armor can do pretty much everything someone with Power Armor can do, and then some. Why do they need a bulky armor with all sorts of chips that allow it to move more freely then it should, when a mage without it can do the exact same thing? It doesn't give any advantages. If anything, all the technollogy only makes it more receptive to breaking down during a fight. And we know that mages can match a similar performance just fine, so why do we need masses of mages wielding Power Armor for any other reason then 'it's cool?'

To answer your question of having one ellement, and throwing the other away... I do disagree that as a justification for Power Armors. We have two elements in Nanoha, fantasy and sci-fi. The fantasy element is provided with things such as magic, familiars and dragons. The sci-fi ellement is provided with things such as dimensional spaceships, cyborgs, clones and devices.

The two already balance eachother out as they are, if anything, Power Armor would be the one which would throw away the fantasy side in exchange for the sci-fi.

Barrier Jackets are the main form of armor in Nanoha, they can take on any shape the user desires, from skirts to swimsuits to knight armor, and they all do the same thing: Protect and support the user. Why would you need an armor with all that technojunk? Just create a plate barrier jacket! Same results, much cheaper, more sturdy, the list goes on and on.

You asked 'Where are the knights in shiny machine armor on robot battle chargers?' the answer is simple: They don't exist. In fact, they don't exist for the same reason shiny machine armors don't exist: Why would they have them? By the time magic became the main practice, they long since had bikes, cars and helies, why would they make a robotic horse? Just stick a mage on a bike and you're done.
Good argument. I still propose that Power Armor is useful in limited amounts, but overall, I believe that your standard Barrier Jacket/Knight Armor is still just as useful.

IMO Powered Armor should be used when you need a little edge in some area. The OFM are primarily BlackOps operatives with a stealth penchant, and some Enforcers need to sneak in an area - and not everyone knows illusion spells. Hence the Ghost Armor.

Quote:
Well Nelthy is a double-edge sword after all so this is one of the times he's proving helpful.

Nasty and threatening for something like the Spawn. Melikes

Quote:
So Vita's not a virgin?
...WHAT ARE YOU INSINUATING ABOUT MY- *hammer'd*

Vita (blushing): "U-Urusai! A-and I haven't d-done anything like that!"

Quote:
Kagerou
Spoiler for MSLN Alpha, Chapter One, Scene VI:

This story reminds me why I lurk the internets. This has that hard feeling of a spec-ops group, and yet keeps the focus on the man, not their machines. It helps introduce a new reader to why the group has weapons, and it combines the feel of CIA blackops, with the personal feelings of our characters. I like how you addressed hotblood in a real fashion, and the reference to the CC, Fate. This story is somehow, uplifting. I can read the character's emotions and development quite well. Is there more of this @verse?
Yeah, I have about another twenty-five chapters after I finish up Chapter One , not to mention all the little random extras that might show up in between. The OFM shorts before this one kind of give a clue on how things so, though I usually write ones heavy on the action while Goose writes the more proper ones XD.

Quote:
Spoiler for St Kaizer's Day:

I still do not get going from hard Magic, to some of the best fluff lovey-dobey [EDIT NOTE I LIKE THAT STUFF SUE ME] writing, is one of those talents that never ceases to amaze me. The interactions are nice and cute, yet don't feel like the character's ages are too young for me. The end paragraphs made me feel a slight happiness inside, and that clinched it for me. This is a great job!
I'm not really used to writing "harder" stuff, just "easy" sci-fi/fantasy/etc. Fluff and WAFF come a bit more naturally to me than angst and crack do. Thanks for the compliments though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
As part of Prelude to Alpha, I present Last One Standing.

It is canon as regards to Alpha. Yes, that's who it yes. Yes, there's hot blood.

Spoiler for Last One Standing:
Oh dear god... you wrote it... and you didn't dive too far into crack like I thought you would. Excellent job!
Old 2008-02-18, 14:59   Link #20036
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Oh, another piece from me. It's severely incomplete, since within DestinyS story-context, it's supposed to be 2 episodes worth of flashback and not a narrative piece, but the general outline somewhat works like this.

Would like to get some opinion.

Spoiler for Alhazred:
What can I say besides EPIC? Another Nighty-quality piece.

But man, using the Terra System... OMG the memories. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME AND EPIC CHOICE.

Too bad the Alhazredians do not have psychic powers...

Quote:
Continuing on with the Super Sentai Madness, here's Part III of Honest Heart Mayura Labatt's profile:

WEAPONS

Spoiler:
Noble Eagle form automatically WINS with this alone: "Based on a short-skirted Chinese cheongsam"

*runs*

I wonder, though, wouldnt changing between Barrier Jackets eat up her magical stamina?

Mayura is damn awesome in close combat. Say, how good is she compared to Signum?

Nice devices, and that Gekichanger is lethal. Now she only needs some special boots... Lenalee suddenly comes to mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Time for T3H HERO of Rebuilt!

LIGHTNING-03
Rebuilt of Erio

Hmm... Wrong age?
Spoiler for Erio, Knight Rider:
Thank your Meister, Erio, for I made you Grand.

Not a lot of crack as well, but can you spot the VA refs in the post?

And can you think of any more things that Kha and Erio are alike?
Finally my rebuild!

(Caro looks really nice there BTW...)

*ahem*

A Shaman?! Now that's an interesting development...

What's with those shoes, though? No wonder why he gets all those lolis...

Man, all the spells and abilities are awesome. Very nice work. ...But Bankai?! Well, for those who think its weird, just think of Shaman King's Yoh's technique of shrinking his soul releases for better handling, sharpness and speed. (This is from the anime, in case the manga did not have such technique.) It is the same principle as Ichigo's Bankai, and basically what Kha wanted to do here. And it works.

And BTW Kha, you can also say he changes his hair color to silver while in this mode... *runs*

Hmm, I think this is the best rebuild so far, or at least the one I liked the most, very coherent and interesting.

Quote:
What's this? Writing from yours truly? UNPOSSIBLE

Kicking this party off with the Akatsuki arc of StorieS

Spoiler for Promises of Today part I:

EDIT: Kinda cheap but hey I want this 20k get.

And not forgetting..

"THIS! IS! OUTER CADIA!!!!!!!!!!"

"ORE TACHI WO, DARE DA TO OMOTTE YAGARU?!"
Well, nothing much happened, but I liked the introduction. I too am wondering where this is going.

I may be missing something else to read...
Old 2008-02-18, 15:14   Link #20037
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Hmm, that might work. Might I suggest also adding the political chaos the underhand business and subsequent death of the council would have undoubtably have caused as a reason? Of course, stuff like this still needs to be done with some semblance of secrecy...
All going to be tricky writing really.

Quote:
The difference between internal and external circuitry is huge. It's like saying a layer of bone wrapped around the skin is as sturdy as one inside the body. A concentration of cables and wires is a hell of a lot more sturdy then the same cables scattered over a larger surface.
No it's not, there's no difference to whether I place my cable bundle inside flesh, or outside flesh. It's still a cable. As an engineer, I'm going to build it intelligently. And wrapping bone around the flesh. You don't know how a modern exoskeleton frame is even MADE do you? You don't built it like a BUG's skeleton. You build essentilly an endoskeleton you stand in, and put armor around it.

Quote:
That being said, even the cyborgs broke down several times in the series.
If I wore an exoskelleton all day and all night, day in and day out throughout the passage of time of the series, it would break down too. Since I'm not a cyborg, I'm not obligated to sleep in my own armor. I would call that a maintanance PLUS. I can have an aged part replaced without having to go lay on a bed for X hours.

GRIM: Is dat da best you con do?
Old 2008-02-18, 15:24   Link #20038
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Arcas: Forgive me if I don't keep up on the latest in PC terms. And 'tact' is just another way of saying "Let's make a hurtful truth sound less hurtful."

Keroko-chan:
Medical terms, actually. Not to mention that your terms were completely inacurate, as shemales are something completely different.

And it wouldn't hurt to learn some tact.

Quote:
Arcas: So says the stalkers, spies, and guys who try to bribe Erio into installing cameras in the shower rooms. Besides, if I treated you the same way as I did him, I'd be trying to blow you up NOW, while you're relatively immobile. And I'm not, am I?

Keroko-kun:
Ah, actually, more then half of the people here are simply people who admire them and would love a chance to get to know them better. Looks like you jumped to conclusions. Again.

Quote:
Arcas: <sigh> My point isn't to say that I'm not capable of being that kind of person - my point is that I'm that kind of person LESS often than he is. Almost ANYONE is capable of being a jerk - how much of a jerk you are is dictated by the number of circumstances where you COULD act like one, but choose not to - a jerk quotient if you will. Grandis' point is that everyone has one. Mine is that mine is less than his. Not exactly the same thing.

And precisely WHAT sort of guy am I, Tesla?

Tesla:
*instant answer* A tactless, overprotective, rude person who jumps to conclusions faster then Fate can move. And you wonder why people call you a siscon.

Quote:
At least I'm responding. And I am NOT the only person whose post formats are simple comments - I've counted at LEAST 3 other members whose posts are like that.
Yes, but most of your responses are hardly subject for debate, and hence easilly forgotten.

Quote:
And you guys only bring up the Uguu~ thing cause I'm a guy. If I was a girl...

<holds up hands>
Uhm... yes?

Quote:
All going to be tricky writing really.
You think? It comes rather easy to me.

Quote:
No it's not, there's no difference to whether I place my cable bundle inside flesh, or outside flesh. It's still a cable. As an engineer, I'm going to build it intelligently. And wrapping bone around the flesh. You don't know how a modern exoskeleton frame is even MADE do you? You don't built it like a BUG's skeleton. You build essentilly an endoskeleton you stand in, and put armor around it.
Take one twig, and you can snap it easilly. Take a bundle of twigs, and snapping it becomes a lot harder. Same basic principle, a bundle if cables is going to be tougher then seperate cables spread over a surface. You completely missed my point. A bone is solid, which is what gives it its strength, spreading the same material and making it hollow reduces the strength.

Quote:
If I wore an exoskelleton all day and all night, day in and day out throughout the passage of time of the series, it would break down too. Since I'm not a cyborg, I'm not obligated to sleep in my own armor. I would call that a maintanance PLUS. I can have an aged part replaced without having to go lay on a bed for X hours.
The cyborgs have autorepair, remember? Similar to the human regeneration system, they repair whatever damage they take, reducing the amount of maintenance they need (even Subaru and Ginga only needed the ocasional checkup, not full-blown dismanteling).

Quote:
GRIM: Is dat da best you con do?
Watch the missiles Admiral, several got through your defences because you mistook them for birds.
Old 2008-02-18, 15:28   Link #20039
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
The cyborgs have autorepair, remember? Similar to the human regeneration system, they repair whatever damage they take, reducing the amount of maintenance they need (even Subaru and Ginga only needed the ocasional checkup, not full-blown dismanteling).
On that note, is there any background on how said autorepair function works? For future reference?
Old 2008-02-18, 15:31   Link #20040
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Not as far as I know, we'd have to go poke Selkirk if the DVD booklets have anything to say on this part.
Closed Thread