AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-07-23, 12:38   Link #81
Pentium
Uchiha

Naruto is underestimated in the manga. We have already seen countless times people saying that Naruto is the only capable of surpressing the nine tails chakra and has an incredible chakra limit which when controlled properly he will be stronger than sasuke.

Quote by Cub-Sama: Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 22:56   Link #82
jho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentium View Post
Naruto is underestimated in the manga. We have already seen countless times people saying that Naruto is the only capable of surpressing the nine tails chakra and has an incredible chakra limit which when controlled properly he will be stronger than sasuke.
Spoiler for ch. 300+:

Last edited by jho; 2008-07-24 at 09:14. Reason: Spoiler purposes
jho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 00:23   Link #83
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jho View Post
Spoiler for manga:
You might wanna spoiler your response. This is not a manga thread.

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-07-24, 01:25   Link #84
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
naruto will be killed off, renaming the show sasuke shippuden
If that happens I will never not follow the series anymore and will consider it a huge failure.

Naruto needs development. And he needs it NOW. Sasuke is a dull, stoic, boring character. He has been the same forever. he has a stagnant personality, and his goals are dull and not very interesting. I don't see why he is so popular with the personality of mud. Which is why I wonder what Kishimoto is doing.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 09:17   Link #85
jho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
You might wanna spoiler your response. This is not a manga thread.

Spoiler for manga:
Thanks, had no idea that this was anime thread first.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2008-07-24, 12:33   Link #86
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by jho View Post
Thanks, had no idea that this was anime thread first.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Rurouni Kenshin spent about 3-6 months solely focused on non-Kenshin storylines (this was later, during the Revenge Arc, where Sonousuke, Enshi, Karou, and Yahiko all had arcs of some size while Kenshin just kind of hung out somewhere).

Most recently, Vagabond took a year off from the main character (Musashi Miyamoto) and focused on his eventual rival Sasaki Kojirou. Addmitedly, mangaka Takehiko Inoue is a far better storyteller than Kishimoto, so this switch (I should say these switches, considering a new Sasaki arc has started) was all part of the story and was masterfully done.

Spoiler for slight spoiler:
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 12:46   Link #87
m1thril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
If that happens I will never not follow the series anymore and will consider it a huge failure.

Naruto needs development. And he needs it NOW. Sasuke is a dull, stoic, boring character. He has been the same forever. he has a stagnant personality, and his goals are dull and not very interesting. I don't see why he is so popular with the personality of mud. Which is why I wonder what Kishimoto is doing.
it's cuz sasuke has uber hax.

on another note i hope we see naruto develop more. i'd like to see him become a little bit more serious, have more self-control and start using one-handed rasegans during fights :/
m1thril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 13:35   Link #88
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Quote:
Sasuke is a dull, stoic, boring character. He has been the same forever. he has a stagnant personality, and his goals are dull and not very interesting. I don't see why he is so popular with the personality of mud. Which is why I wonder what Kishimoto is doing.
lol, I can definitely see why someone might look at it that way. Personally though, I like Sasuke for the same reasons I like Neji and Itachi; they're all arrogant strategists, and have a certain regal air about them. These types of characters usually end up having the best fights (the type of fights I enjoy anyway), and it creates very funny scenes when they interact with a character(s) like naruto. I can also see why people may view the Uchiha arc as dull & morbid, however the plot is what really intrigued me; so I really didn't mind the lack of humor.

I understand where you're coming from though, since usually, in this type of manga, a character like Sasuke would only be used to "spice n up" the story, very similar to the way Sesshomaru was used in Inyuasha. He would only be included occasionally, and the plot would rarely revolve around him since he didn't have much of a personality either; like Sasuke. And, out of curiosity, I read a couple chapters of the "One Piece" manga... If you're a big fan of that type of manga, then I think I can understand why you'd probably hate the Uchiha arc lol.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 13:49   Link #89
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
And, out of curiosity, I read a couple chapters of the "One Piece" manga... If you're a big fan of that type of manga, then I think I can understand why you'd probably hate the Uchiha arc lol.
Don't say that . I am a huge fan of One Piece, but I liked the Uchiha arc just fine (in fact, I felt it did not go far enough in terms of emotional upheaval, etc). Simply liking a more adventure oriented manga (which, in its defense, has some of the most over-the-top tragic (easily equal if not greater than Gaara or Sasuke's past) background stories for several of its main character (one of the character's father figure had to eat his own leg just to survive starvation, how fucked up is that...and that is one of the lower level tragic backgrounds )) doesn't mean that you can not also like more dramatic stories.

Spoiler for slight spoilers:
Old 2008-07-24, 13:57   Link #90
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:

indeed he does need devlopment, its pathetic how weak he makes naruto look all the time - naruto learns suomething, and he still looks pathetic in the next fight

ichigo in bleach for example - he learns something and he starts owning people...like after he learned his bankai for example
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 15:02   Link #91
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
And, out of curiosity, I read a couple chapters of the "One Piece" manga... If you're a big fan of that type of manga, then I think I can understand why you'd probably hate the Uchiha arc lol.
Guh... I can't stand One Piece....<.<
I just prefer characters with some personality. Sasuke's personality is too dull for me to care what happens to him. I don't hate him, but I am indifferent and I really don't care if he lives or dies.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 16:38   Link #92
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Simply liking a more adventure oriented manga doesn't mean that you can not also like more dramatic stories.
Oh I know (since I generally enjoy both myself), thats why I said "probably": If someone was a big fan of one piece, I could see why they'd "probably" be disappointed with the Uchiha arc, especially after reading the more comical themed part I.

I've seen the one piece manga being compared to naruto more than once in regards to this very subject, so I was curious to see what people were talking about; I thought "maybe this manga will be good, and I can read something else while I'm waiting for new naruto chapters..." Anyway, from what I've read, and without going too much into it (characters were drawn too silly and acted stupid etc.), this particular comedy/adventure manga isn't for me.

Quote:
Naruto's development is slow, but constant. Sasuke's development is forceful and sporadic. This has always created a dissonance for me, that keeps me away from actually liking Sasuke, but rather being neutral to him.
Yeah, I agree with you here 100%; and Sasuke's character isn't the only one that has suffered this way. However, I've been doing a pretty decent amount of research about being a Mangaka and the workloads & deadlines they must endure/meet. From what I've seen so far, it can be quite daunting; (especially in regards to time vs. new plot development) which is why I might seem too forgiving to the author at times. Either way, generally, with all things considered, I feel the author has been doing an exceptional job.
Old 2008-07-24, 17:28   Link #93
james0246

Quote:
Yeah, I agree with you here 100%; and Sasuke's character isn't the only one that has suffered this way. However, I've been doing a pretty decent amount of research about being a Mangaka and the workloads & deadlines they must endure/meet. From what I've seen so far, it can be quite daunting; (especially in regards to time vs. new plot development) which is why I might seem too forgiving to the author at times. Either way, generally, with all things considered, I feel the author has been doing an exceptional job.
Completely agree. Kishimoto has jokeingly talked about how demanding his editor many times in the past, and sometimes his editor is rightfully demanding (if it wasn't for the editor, Team Hawk wouldn't even have the basic background that they do, not to mention that they would be even less effective, and just be mindless followers, without the editors forceful nature).

To give a slightly comical outlook on these problems I suggest you check out Tanabe Yellow's Author Notes found at the end of the various volumes of the manga Kekkaishi (Yellow mentions many of the struggles he had to go through with his pompous editor who tried to control many aspects of the manga series (struggles including character design, story layout, introduction of new charaters, etc). (Actually Kekkaishi is just an all around good Shounen manga with an interesting world and very interesting powers, so I would suggest the series anyway.) Also, check out the very funny series Super Cruel and Terrible Tales of Mangaka by the semi-famous Karasawa Nawoki (he is known as one of the great gag manga artist). This series explores many of the foibles of the mangaka's world. From compliting work on time, to falling into obscurity after a sophmore series flops (and being reduced to an ero-mangaka ), this series is very dark and quite funny.
Old 2008-07-26, 00:14   Link #94
jho

Quote:
Rurouni Kenshin spent about 3-6 months solely focused on non-Kenshin storylines (this was later, during the Revenge Arc, where Sonousuke, Enshi, Karou, and Yahiko all had arcs of some size while Kenshin just kind of hung out somewhere).

Most recently, Vagabond took a year off from the main character (Musashi Miyamoto) and focused on his eventual rival Sasaki Kojirou. Addmitedly, mangaka Takehiko Inoue is a far better storyteller than Kishimoto, so this switch (I should say these switches, considering a new Sasaki arc has started) was all part of the story and was masterfully done.

Spoiler for slight spoiler:
Yea I'm just really disappointed by the way Kishi handled it. I never really noticed that too much in Vagabond, the transition was really good.
Old 2008-07-26, 01:30   Link #95
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
(if it wasn't for the editor, Team Hawk wouldn't even have the basic background that they do, not to mention that they would be even less effective, and just be mindless followers, without the editors forceful nature).
And Kishi was telling that, as if the members of Taka were effective and mindful followers. To me it looks like the editor's notice just brushed his brain slightly, no deep impact whatsoever.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 15:48   Link #96
LifeILL

I agree...

Naruto is the most annoying character in the history of any anime.

Why I don't get is how he has never lost a "fight" against his opponents, who have always been far superior than he is.

I really want to see him get pummeled by someone from Akatsuki
LifeILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 18:20   Link #97
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeILL View Post
lol, he's definitely up there in part I... However, in terms of being annoying, there are likely characters in the "One Piece" anime/manga that are out of his league from what I've seen so far; needless to say I wont being seeing anything more.

Quote:
Why I don't get is how he has never lost a "fight" against his opponents, who have always been far superior than he is.
The fight that annoyed me the most in this entire series was naruto versus Neji. I seen it the first time in the anime, and I thought it was bullshit. Besides the blast between Neji's chakra whirl and naruto's attack, naruto landed one hit on Neji, and Neji couldn't get up from that... Bullshit. Especially after witnessing the punishment he endured from defeating that sound ninja himself(which, by the way, no one else accomplished during that mission).

As for never losing to far superior opponents, well, the manga's message is about tenacity over skill/talent... (but Neji should have won that one either way lol)

Last edited by ShadowAssasin; 2008-07-31 at 19:19.
Old 2008-08-02, 10:57   Link #98
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I personally feel that being a mangaka working on WSJ is a major stress-inducer in itself.

1) Every mangaka-wannabe wants to get on board WSJ, which leads to...
2) As long as your series is not doing well in the sales department (after their prescription), out you go. Happened to Shaman King, MxO and others.

Naruto is considered a "kingly" series in WSJ, meaning that the editors will milk the series for all its worth. So, no, I don't think Naruto is wasted on Naruto.
Old 2008-08-02, 12:39   Link #99
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
I agree...

I really want to see him get pummeled by someone from Akatsuki
Yep. But, he is the main character so he'll have the most controversial, illogical, and inexpicable wins.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 14:38   Link #100
Zek
Eyebrows...

Spoiler for Manga:
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote