AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 30 21.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 15.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 17.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 3.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 13 9.22%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-16, 18:31   Link #41
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skreecher View Post
I must say, I loved this episode!!! I can't remember exactly how much story was left after this ep, but I still think this was a really great episode. I hate how everyone keeps complaining EVERY SING EPISODE! If it really is that bad, why do you keep watching it? Just read the sound novel again.
AGREED TIMES 100000000000000000
Stop complaining, It'll be rushed, so what?
Maybe they'll spend an entire episode on the teaparty, or at least HALF of an episode, judging by the RAW, this episode is OH SO TOTALLY FRIGGIN AWESOME TO MEH. Even though I despise Ange (why do I always hate on certain characters?? Mikuru from Haruhi and now Ange..) I felt so sorry for her in here..
Old 2009-12-16, 18:37   Link #42
bernkastel51113
kakera traveler

I found this episode good but it is sure that the 26 will be butchered
They don't have enough time to cover what they have to cover
Anyway i already gave up for the anime
Old 2009-12-16, 18:47   Link #43
Mercurius

Hey, no censorship. That was a plus. But they essentially sacrificed Goat-kun for more Ange (not really complaining, just pointing out).

For me, it would've been nice if the time given to scenes in the anime were at least proportional to their time in the VN (Ep. 3 Tea Party for example). The pacing in this episode was a bit too dragged out. I mean Ange was taking a beating for like 3 minutes straight, and yet appeared only scruffed up.

This arc had a very good chance to become epic and save the season. Leaving only one episode for the remainder of the story ensures that it will never achieve that.
Old 2009-12-16, 19:03   Link #44
yuugi99

No!! How are they going to finish the next eps nicely? it would be a poor finale.
Old 2009-12-16, 19:04   Link #45
Ttak

I agree to everything said (in this thread). This gets a 7/10 from me because they kept Ange's scene almost intact and showed some hints we didn't have with the VN, but sent a message to fans: ep 26 will be rushed. It's like what they did with ep 10 and 11.
Anyway, who chose Chiaki Kon for the directing?

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Old 2009-12-16, 19:04   Link #46
chronotrig

I'm rating this episode for what happened in this episode, and for once, Deen did everything right. Yes, it wasn't that fast paced, but I enjoyed it just the same.
...Needless to say, the pacing is going to be nasty for the next one, but that's next episode. This episode was good, so let's enjoy it while it lasts A solid 8.

Spoiler for umineko:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-12-16, 19:05   Link #47
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttak View Post
Anyway, who chose Chiaki Kon for the directing?
The devil.

Quote:
I hate how everyone keeps complaining EVERY SINGLE EPISODE!
Focus on your opinion and we'll focus on ours. Kthnx.

Old 2009-12-16, 19:08   Link #48
zorahk

I find it amusing that people expect a quality adaptation.

Did you guys not watch higurashi or something?
Old 2009-12-16, 19:10   Link #49
Skreecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Focus on your opinion and we'll focus on ours. Kthnx.
You guys are free to voice your hate for the series...
I am free to voice my hate for the people who voice their hate for the series.
Old 2009-12-16, 19:10   Link #50
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorahk View Post

TOTAL BURN OOOHHHH
Wait- I loved Higurashi. I liked the quality...
Old 2009-12-16, 19:12   Link #51
~Ayane~

i know! they are not planning to end this show next week! next episode will end with big cliffhanger instead of an ending. the true finale will come as a bonus with the last dvd!
Old 2009-12-16, 19:13   Link #52
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:

Kai, Rei, and the fact that the first season crammed 6 arcs together brought people's hopes up.
The second season and Rei were done considerably better... but it's because Ryukishi07 basically co-directed Kai (or so I've heard) and Rei was a short story extra so not that much had to be cut for time restraints.

But now we know... 4 super long arcs can't be adapted very well into a 26 episode season. ^^;
It's best if you either haven't played the games or find a way to keep your expectations just low enough.

Quote:
You guys are free to voice your hate for the series...
I am free to voice my hate for the people who voice their hate for the series.
Not really... this thread is about the episode. Not the people who like or dislike the episode.

Old 2009-12-16, 19:17   Link #53
Ttak

Quote:

Well, I didn't read Higurashi VN, but the anime was the one who dragged me into the When they Cry series. It wasn't a good adaptation, but I really enjoyed it. But for this one (Umineko's), I don't think the same thing is happening...

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Old 2009-12-16, 19:22   Link #54
June 1983

I think I'm going to wait until the next episode has aired before I rate this episode.

Maybe DEEN will pull a surprise episode 27 out of its hat at the eleventh hour! And maybe witches DO exist ....
Old 2009-12-16, 19:23   Link #55
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttak View Post
Well, I didn't read Higurashi VN, but the anime was the one who dragged me into the When they Cry series. It wasn't a good adaptation, but I really enjoyed it. But for this one (Umineko's), I don't think the same thing is happening...
The same thing is happening with some. Which is probably why some non VN readers are still watching and complaining about our complaints (which are warranted even if they are annoying to read).

It might have turned away a lot of Higurashi fans however because Higurashi and Umineko are two different stories, so people who were expecting something similar were disappointed. I know a couple of my friends were. But I know another friend who watched Higurashi and loves that and Umineko.

So in the end it's all about tastes. Higurashi season 1 was butchered way worse than Umineko is... doesn't make Umineko good. It just means that people who don't know of the original source won't have much to compare it to.

DVD sells might be an example of you being right though. Not too keen on that sort of thing myself, so I couldn't tell you.

Old 2009-12-16, 19:25   Link #56
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

../
The RAW got deleted right in the middle of me watching it...Maybe the people who were hosting it got mad because they thought It totally sucked at deleted it
Also, poor Ange
Old 2009-12-16, 20:26   Link #57
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
AGREED TIMES 100000000000000000
Stop complaining, It'll be rushed, so what?
Maybe they'll spend an entire episode on the teaparty, or at least HALF of an episode, judging by the RAW, this episode is OH SO TOTALLY FRIGGIN AWESOME TO MEH. Even though I despise Ange (why do I always hate on certain characters?? Mikuru from Haruhi and now Ange..) I felt so sorry for her in here..
If I may quote Klash from the experienced VN reader-only Anime thread on this same subject:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
You do realize that a bad adaptation will just be a big deal on middle and long term for the non VN fandom?
The problem is not "how it isn't like the VN", the problem is how it isn't an "adaptation" considering how it made so many glaring mistakes and difference.

If an adaptation is supposed to be experienced without the original material, it should then stand by itself without lacking key points of the said story.
And this is where the problems lies.
Of course, you don't care since you know the VN already, but does that mean people can't expect them to have their favorite story animated? Furthermore a possible medium to share with non VN readers?

I'm really getting fed up with the "stop complaining/being picky" attitude, since it is no less more "rightful" either. If they complain, most of the fans do it with a certain purpose because they have such love and respect to the said story.
If they can't put up their thoughts, why would they bother putting positive points then? Talk about double standards.
And I agree with him completely. No offense, if you Anime-only viewers are happy with the product you have, that's great. I was an Anime-only viewer of Higurashi and have still yet to play the VN's (though I sincerely hope to; here's hoping the official localization is good), and I thoroughly enjoyed the series long before I know how much had been altered via these forums. In retrospect, does it soil my enjoyment of Higurashi, knowing it was also butchered? Not in the least, it just excites me to want to get to know the source material (especially having now experienced Umineko in reverse). I hope it's the same for you guys, honestly, because at least someone can enjoy the Anime that way, but kindly don't try to tell us to stop complaining. We won't stop complaining any more than you'll stop praising it, so to each his own. I know that Anime viewers don't like it when they're made out by VN players to be clueless n00bs all the time...well, it works both ways, and personally as a VN player I don't take kindly to Anime-only viewers judging us all as whiny never-stop-complaining snobs whose complaints aren't justified just because you enjoyed the episode.

We have every right to our opinion as much as you do yours. Our complaints are justified, and yes, it's NOT going to be a fun ride of most of next week considering the pacing of this episode. Please don't act like our complaining is just silly nonsense and 'so what if it's rushed' because yes, to many of us, that is a big deal. Especially when you guys don't know what's left to come? Yeah, don't act like it's 'not a big deal', because to most of us, seeing this adaptation of our beloved series, it IS.

Will be back to watch the episode and write my own review later, I need to stop slacking off and get back to work on my final papers due tomorrow @#$%
Old 2009-12-16, 20:28   Link #58
CainSonozaki

Well i only saw the pictures and read other peoples comments. This is actually my favorite part of all of Episode 4 (and i noticed there seems to be alot of hatred for the 1988 scenes from Episode 4). But i think they shouldve gone just a little further in this episode, ending it where the VN ended Episode 4, and then next episode could be dedicated to the tea parties which imo are more important this time around than the other 3 arcs.
Old 2009-12-16, 21:08   Link #59
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

I would play the VN, except the torrent took about 2 weeks to complete, and It didn't even work.
I have seen some of the VN scenes, and I admit that the EP 3 Beato scenes were better than the anime, and I would compare the VN and anime, except the person uploading the video's had to stop uploading them.
I don't know why the heck Eva Beatrice was in here, though.
Wasn't she denied a long time ago?
Old 2009-12-16, 21:28   Link #60
StainGlass

I would never have thought this episode would only cover one chapter, I'll join in and say I'm highly worried about the last episode now.

Spoiler for Episode Review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth
I would play the VN, except the torrent took about 2 weeks to complete, and It didn't even work.
I have seen some of the VN scenes, and I admit that the EP 3 Beato scenes were better than the anime, and I would compare the VN and anime, except the person uploading the video's had to stop uploading them.
You should really be buying it, you can find some links off Witch Hunt's site: http://witch-hunt.com/stage.html
Its quite cheap anyway.
Closed Thread