AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-04-02, 00:27   Link #1
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (generic anime discussion thread)

Source:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20100402#p5

Synopsis from Wikipedia:
Quote:
Keima Katsuragi, a second-year high school student, is an avid dating sim gamer. He is known on the Internet as "The Capturing God" for his legendary skills to be able to "capture" any 2D girl in games. However, in his actual school life, Keima is known as otamegane (オタメガネ), a derogatory portmanteau of the two words otaku (オタク) and megane (メガネ-"glasses").

At the start of the series, Keima receives an e-mail offering him a contract to "capture" girls. He accepts what is thought to be a challenge, and a demon from Hell nicknamed Elsee appears. She asks for his cooperation to help her in catching the runaway spirits. These spirits hide themselves inside the girl's heart, and Elsee suggests that the only method to force the spirits out is by "capturing" their hearts—making them fall in love. Appalled by the idea, Keima refuses after clarifying to Elsee that he is only interested in "capturing" 2D girls and that he detests reality. Nevertheless, with the contract already accepted, Keima would have to help Elsee no matter what; if they fail, both Elsee and Keima would lose their heads.
From the New Announced Anime thread:
Spoiler for to save space:

---

I've had interest in this for a while, but never got enough motivation to read it. Mmm.............
Already 7 volumes?! Ehh~~~ Too much to read. ( >_>) Still have to finish Messiah-sama...
Maa, expectations for the anime is: Complete moe aim with lots of those popular voice actors. It just seems like one of those anime to end up like that (@popular voice actors), for some reason. All coming from a non-manga-reader though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2010-04-03 at 02:10.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 01:12   Link #2
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I was just about to make a thread about it. The World God Only Knows manga gets anime green-lit.
Old 2010-04-02, 01:15   Link #3
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

There's moe in KamiNomi sure... but the thing that makes KamiNomi absolutely GREAT is none other than Keima himself, who is like the Lelouch/Light of dating sims. In fact, if Keima isn't voiced by none other than Jun Fukuyama I'll personally stage a riot (j/k)

GOD MODE ON!!!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 01:17   Link #4
Freeter
beyond

Fukuyama as Keima, it just has to happen
Old 2010-04-02, 04:08   Link #5
Ottocycle

Goodness, what has Geass done to FukuJun's career. I'll be eagerly waiting for this, the manga was loads of fun, though I stopped reading a while ago as it was readily apparent that it was going to get an anime adaptation based on its popularity in Shounen Sunday.

Having half a mind for Narita Ken to play Keima. Sounds fun in my head at least.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 04:33   Link #6
NeoSam

I posted the covers of the manga and its light novel adaptation in this post if you want them:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3709
Old 2010-04-02, 06:23   Link #7
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

F*CK YEAH. I knew this was going to get an anime eventually, just depends when.

I guess everyone wants FukuJun to play Keima? We need an otaku version of Lelouch! I will kill the sound director/whoeverdecidesontheseiyuu if they didn't pick FukuJun...
Old 2010-04-02, 07:20   Link #8
Vegard Aune

Awesome. Seems like I chose a pretty perfect time to start reading the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I guess everyone wants FukuJun to play Keima? We need an otaku version of Lelouch! I will kill the sound director/whoeverdecidesontheseiyuu if they didn't pick FukuJun...
And yes, this must indeed happen. I will not accept anybody else voicing Keima!
...or, at least I can't think of anyone else who would fit better...
Old 2010-04-02, 08:44   Link #9
babohtea

YES YES YES

I just hope they don't screw it up.

I don't mind art shifts, but I hope it isn't all chibi like the cover.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 11:00   Link #10
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Not to be Johnny Raincloud here but I have this active feeling that this series will end up having a big harem feel to it (this coming from a reader of the manga) I mean, too many a time already this has happened to a series with more girls than guys ...(btw don't say the manga is a harem. It just doesn't have that feeling other notable harems had.)

But they can't do that! There's a hella lot of manga material to choose from so they can't screw this up, right?

There was a manga->anime adaption in the just concluded season that had very little source material and very little episode count. If TWGOK goes 12 episodes; disastrophe. If it's 24 or more then we have a winner.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 11:18   Link #11
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
...or, at least I can't think of anyone else who would fit better...
Mamoru Miyano?

Anyway, this should be epic. The manga has a very original feeling, in which they manage to make old ideas fresh and bring new things to the table. As someone said earlier, if they make this 24 episodes at least we should have a winner in here.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 11:22   Link #12
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'll rather see Miyano Mamoru voice Keima... nothing against Jun but I feel Miyano is a better actor and it would also spare us LOL LELOUCH IS IN THIS LOL LOL LOL OLOL posts for the first 6-8 weeks of it airing.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 11:42   Link #13
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
...Ok, I will accept nobody except Jun Fukuyama or Mamoru Miyano. I suppose they're both quite capable of pulling off Keima's ridicculously... ridicculous personality, but I'd prefer Fukuyama because really, I've been imagining the guy with Lelouch's voice since the first chapter.
Old 2010-04-02, 12:24   Link #14
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Bonta Kun still didn't post the ''Hell Yeah'' pic? How very strange.

This is really awesome news. Really glad that this is turned into an anime. I remember some members were already discussing what were some of their favorite VA's for which characters was back in the manga thread.

Now the question is: how is animating this? My guess is that it will be SynergySP, but then again I wouldn't mind JCStaff too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I'll rather see Miyano Mamoru voice Keima... nothing against Jun but I feel Miyano is a better actor and it would also spare us LOL LELOUCH IS IN THIS LOL LOL LOL OLOL posts for the first 6-8 weeks of it airing.
Pretty much how I feel.
Old 2010-04-02, 14:12   Link #15
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I prefer Sakurai as Keima though
I somehow can imagine him voicing Keima and that will be unique
Old 2010-04-02, 16:48   Link #16
Westlo
Lets be reality

What show is replacing Cross Game this season? Because Cross Game was airing in the "SynergySP animates a Weekly Shonen Sunday manga" slot. Might give a good idea when this will air.. if of course it's a Synergy production in the first place...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 16:57   Link #17
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
...Ok, I will accept nobody except Jun Fukuyama or Mamoru Miyano. I suppose they're both quite capable of pulling off Keima's ridicculously... ridicculous personality, but I'd prefer Fukuyama because really, I've been imagining the guy with Lelouch's voice since the first chapter.
Takashi Kondo is my choice for Keima. Especially with the amazing performance he did as Sugisaki Ken in Seitokai no ichizon (again, protagonist is Eroge/game player)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 17:00   Link #18
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
What show is replacing Cross Game this season?
Nothing. That spot's going to be taken by reruns this year.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 23:05   Link #19
Scy

Quote:
Except that Mamoru is the better actor, not the better comedian. As far as I know, Mamoru doesn't have much experience leading a comedy. Fukuyama's performance in Akikan and Inukami are stunning and he pretty much carried those shows on his own. In a romance comedy, Fukuyama is certainly the better choice.

And with Mamoru we're going to have LOL LIGHT IS IN THIS LOL LOL LOL OLOL posts, so I don't see the differences.
Scy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 02:11   Link #20
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
I posted the covers of the manga and its light novel adaptation in this post if you want them:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3709
Thanks, put it on the first post.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen