AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 80 76.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 13.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 6.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-29, 01:08   Link #41
Kittie Rose

Hey, I just remembered - how much life does she have, anyway? We don't know how much life that Shinigami has, but we can presume they're very old and "stock up" on life. She could well still have 100 years left to live, for all we know. Unlikely, but I doubt very much that she'll die at a young age even with her time left to live quartered. Remember, her time left to live wasn't human.

Light is obviously just waiting for her to die at an early age instead of killing her herself. But that's a slight flaw in his plan.
Old 2007-03-29, 02:07   Link #42
Anime5

I dont get something,Misa already has shorten her life by half b4 n now she did it again shouldnt she be like dead?or prob veeeery close to death?
Old 2007-03-29, 02:18   Link #43
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Just absolutely fucking tabulace. Throught watching form the point he got the death note back till now i am still laughting with my maniacnical laught. So the series is almost over i presume. I shoudl realy start reading the manga. Would any one know exactly wich chapter in the manga marks the end of this episode?
Old 2007-03-29, 03:07   Link #44
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

It is not close to being over There are 13 more episodes left. And this one finally felt like watching the good old Death Note. Light's ability to plan ahead scares me 0_o... certainly didn't expect for all the investigation team to find out about Shinigamis. Next ep should be epix
Old 2007-03-29, 03:17   Link #45
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
Hey, I just remembered - how much life does she have, anyway? We don't know how much life that Shinigami has, but we can presume they're very old and "stock up" on life. She could well still have 100 years left to live, for all we know. Unlikely, but I doubt very much that she'll die at a young age even with her time left to live quartered. Remember, her time left to live wasn't human.

Light is obviously just waiting for her to die at an early age instead of killing her herself. But that's a slight flaw in his plan.
hmmm, early on in the series, its explained, either by ryuk or rem, that the death god's usually only kill enough to keep from dying... and if u killed more than u needed, u would get ridiculed or something, for trying too hard....

so one would assume, that Jelous didn't have a HUGE life span left... but then again, u never know.... oh and Anime5. scroll back and read aohige's post... it explains the whole life span issue quite well....

as for the episode... pure genius IMO.... i loved it! 10 all the way... would have given it a 11 if i could....

i haven't read the manga... and for those that did... SHUSH... but to be honest i don't think the preview at the end of the episode was a spoiler at all... i mean, that could mean anything... one could easily ASSUME that, what we all are thinking is what's gonna happen... but maybe thats just what they want us to think...

don't jump to conclusions... just watch the anime and enjoy, least thats what i think...

eithe way, very much looking forward to seeing what happens next...
Old 2007-03-29, 03:46   Link #46
SealedTears
<3 lucy ~Elf Song~

ok this episode almost made me scream, fianely i understand how he did everything. its the best episode for me thru this anime, i cant wait for the next one for the one that havent watch death note yet. WATCH IT! this episode is something to see all the 24 episode for.
Old 2007-03-29, 04:11   Link #47
Kittie Rose

Quote:
hmmm, early on in the series, its explained, either by ryuk or rem, that the death god's usually only kill enough to keep from dying... and if u killed more than u needed, u would get ridiculed or something, for trying too hard....
Well, I would say he would have at least 20 years, plus no doubt another 30 or so for the mugger....
Old 2007-03-29, 08:38   Link #48
FlashCE

I can never get enough of Light's evil grin
Old 2007-03-29, 08:56   Link #49
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
It was quoted in the show that it was added to her life. The logic and reasoning behind that is very simple. Her life span was near 0 when the guy was killed. Jealous knew that she was going to die by her remaining lifespan. However, because he wrote the name in the book, she didn't die and therefore her lifespan had to have increased by some portion of Jealous's. The rules for the shinigami and the rules for the humans using it are different. This is why shinigami gain life from killing people and humans don't. This doesn't stop the Death Note from adding to a human's life if used improperly by a shinigami.
Hmm, Interesting, but it was directly mentioned that the lifespam given to Misa was that from Jelous? I dont recall it, but either ways, was it said that it was all of Jelous Lifespan? or just a portion of it?
Old 2007-03-29, 09:44   Link #50
Super Ska Master

The only complaint with this episode was they didn't show this exact scene from the manga:

Light: Long time no see, Ryuk.

I love the way that scene looks but they did it differently. Oh well. 10/10
Old 2007-03-29, 10:14   Link #51
silence.l

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashCE View Post
I can never get enough of Light's evil grin
i agree completly. its awsome how a good guy can look so evil.
Old 2007-03-29, 10:53   Link #52
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence.l View Post
You think they're still trying to portray him as a good guy?
Old 2007-03-29, 11:12   Link #53
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by silence.l View Post
That's either a typo or you are insane.

Anyway, awesome episode. The moment Light wore his evil grin again after touching the Death Note completely made up for the Yotsuba-arc.
Seems to be as awesome as it was at the beginning again, I can't wait for next wednesday.
Old 2007-03-29, 13:36   Link #54
Membrax
Einherjar

Jeez ! What a great pleasure to see Kira's evil eyes again

Just reminded me why I love this serie so much. Now I'm wondering how the hell will I wait another week...
Old 2007-03-29, 16:23   Link #55
Zishi

This episode was just as planned, 10/10.
Old 2007-03-29, 23:01   Link #56
gab_rey

I give this episode a 10.

The Yotsuba arc had me a bit bored but this episode brought back the suspense of the earlier episodes.

Can't wait for the next one.
Old 2007-03-29, 23:24   Link #57
Lendial

its scary how devoted misa is to light, i mean shes basily giving up 45 years of her life just to please light.
Old 2007-03-30, 00:32   Link #58
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Hmm, Interesting, but it was directly mentioned that the lifespam given to Misa was that from Jelous? I dont recall it, but either ways, was it said that it was all of Jelous Lifespan? or just a portion of it?
I dont remeber it was directly mentioned eaither. But what Bayoab said now, makes perfect sense.
Old 2007-03-30, 01:18   Link #59
Samurai Edge
Swords and Sabres

Awesome episode.
Spoiler:

Regarding the scene of Light, Rem and Ryuk, I took a while to finally understand why Light did that. At first, I was like, why is he doing that, seems so meaningless, but after much thinking, I final understand, I'm kind of slow.

Edit: On the topic of Misa's lifespan.
Spoiler for Light and Misa's first contact at Light's house:
Old 2007-03-30, 05:49   Link #60
FlashCE

So can you explain the scene with the Death Note, Light, Rem and Ryuk?
Closed Thread