Notices

Old 2008-06-08, 18:12   Link #281
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Anyone who likes Tanaka Rie's work and hasn't watched Hataraki Man should do yourself a favor and watch it soon.
Do I hear T Rie being said! O.o

Right, that is going right onto my next to watch list!

And I have to say, Aoi Yuuki who is voicing Murasaki from Kurenai definitely deserves some credit especially since that she is new to this (or I think).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 18:39   Link #282
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

Male:
Jun Fukuyama
Tomokazu Sugita

Female:
Yui Horie
Rie Kugimiya
Natsuko Kuwatani

Working on a big project!
Gotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 19:24   Link #283
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotank View Post
Male:
Jun Fukuyama
Tomokazu Sugita

Female:
Yui Horie
Rie Kugimiya
Natsuko Kuwatani
I'm surprised that someone actually have her as a fave. Personally, I heard her due to her popping out in the anime/drama CD adaptations of the manga I read, including:

1) Akamatsu Ken's works
2) GetBackers
3) Some of her works with Gonzo (Last Exile + Kiddy Grade)
4) Ouran (Yes, her character is in manga canon.)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 19:32   Link #284
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

She's the voice of Suiseiseki, and brilliant at that... Although I'm not terribly fond of her other roles.

Working on a big project!
Gotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 21:04   Link #285
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

It is difficult to stand out in the business, and Kuwatani-san doesn't have that special kind of voice. Well, she had a role in Suzumiya Haruhi. Still, I don't forsee a breakthrough for her. In terms of Hollywood ranking, definitely a good B-list seiyu.
Old 2008-06-08, 21:28   Link #286
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotank View Post
She's the voice of Suiseiseki, and brilliant at that... Although I'm not terribly fond of her other roles.
Ah! I knew I recognised her from somewhere, but I couldn't quite place it.
It's hard to remember less well-known seiyuu in a cast with Miyuki Sawashiro and Rie Tanaka.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 22:58   Link #287
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Ah! I knew I recognised her from somewhere, but I couldn't quite place it.
It's hard to remember less well-known seiyuu in a cast with Miyuki Sawashiro and Rie Tanaka.
Hence, my comment on her being a good B-list seiyu. Then again, I don't hear Sawashiro-san that often.
Old 2008-06-08, 23:43   Link #288
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Natsuko Kuwatani does Yue Ayase (Negima) to a tee, so to speak. I'd go so far as to say that and Yaya (Strawberry Panic) were better roles than Suiseiseki, but this might just be character bias talking.
Old 2008-06-09, 00:51   Link #289
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The Negima girls were good, generally. Too bad the story was butchered.
Old 2008-06-09, 04:54   Link #290
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
It is difficult to stand out in the business, and Kuwatani-san doesn't have that special kind of voice. Well, she had a role in Suzumiya Haruhi. Still, I don't forsee a breakthrough for her. In terms of Hollywood ranking, definitely a good B-list seiyu.
I agree...she seems to be getting characters that generally reflects her abilities ie average imo.
I didn't even find Yue Ayase that outstanding for her to do.

Her best character for me was probably Maki from SnH

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 05:13   Link #291
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I agree...she seems to be getting characters that generally reflects her abilities ie average imo.
I didn't even find Yue Ayase that outstanding for her to do.

Her best character for me was probably Maki from SnH
Not everyone is talented AND lucky enough to get a big break when he/she is just a rookie. Hirano Aya and Miyano Mamoru are very fortunate.

Irino Miyu: Yes, he voiced the lead male in an anime movie, a popular video game series and some tv anime. Still, somehow, I don't count him as a talent.
Old 2008-06-10, 02:00   Link #292
andromeda0201

Actually, I think Tanaka Rie's best acting was in Red Garden, she was just a supporting character but she left much more impact than all of the others, that particular scene in which she conveyed her emotions was just...astounding

Is Miyano Mamoru a rookie? I thought he had been playing a lot of minor roles before getting a main role in Wolf's Rain. In fact, Wolf's Rain was the first time I heard his voice but didn't exactly remember him, maybe the role wasn't that great or just the overall presentation wasn't spectacular, but it didn't leave much of an impression.
His Tamaki though, was perfect, it fitted him like a glove. But it was not until Light that really made me think he was excellent, that last episode......I'm sure many would agree there?

Then again, I'm not sure whether any other young voice actor who played that role would be equally propelled into stardom, just like Hirano Aya with Suzumiya Haruhi
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 02:36   Link #293
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
Is Miyano Mamoru a rookie? I thought he had been playing a lot of minor roles before getting a main role in Wolf's Rain. In fact, Wolf's Rain was the first time I heard his voice but didn't exactly remember him, maybe the role wasn't that great or just the overall presentation wasn't spectacular, but it didn't leave much of an impression.
I'm pretty sure Miyano's popularity skyrocketed after he had popular role after popular role: Tamaki, Raito-kun, Setsuna, and now Zero and Death the Kid.

I find Miyano very skilled in range and expression, but like Hirano, a bit overpublicised (though not nearly as much as Hirano). If he keeps up with his work, he would easily become a favourite of mine.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 06:15   Link #294
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I remember reading some time ago that Aya-chan underwent some heavy-duty stress due to her sudden popularity. (She's younger than me, for Gawd's sake!) So yeah, she may be getting a little stretched.

And yes, Miyano-san is still considered a rookie in terms of experience, but a rookie that's making himself felt in the business. He's talented, definitely (Whenever his Chaoji speaks in DGM, I have to go, "That is not Tamaki, that is not Tamaki...." (while in reality, it is!)

Oh, and he's really handsome in real life.
Old 2008-06-10, 15:16   Link #295
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
I can't really imagine anyone as Tamaki other than Miyano now. I'm not really infatuated with his voice, but I'd like to see him do a lot more roles like that. I don't really care for any of his other roles, yet... D:
Old 2008-06-10, 19:07   Link #296
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Miyano-san's career path kinda reminds me of Midorikawa Hikaru's: the "prince", be they warm (They both did Tamaki, believe it or not.) or cold (in Gundam timelines, with Miyano-san as Setsuna and Midorikawa-san as Heero).
Old 2008-06-10, 20:59   Link #297
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
I'm pretty sure Miyano's popularity skyrocketed after he had popular role after popular role: Tamaki, Raito-kun, Setsuna, and now Zero and Death the Kid.

I find Miyano very skilled in range and expression, but like Hirano, a bit overpublicised (though not nearly as much as Hirano). If he keeps up with his work, he would easily become a favourite of mine.
He's getting there.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 13:04   Link #298
andromeda0201

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Miyano-san's career path kinda reminds me of Midorikawa Hikaru's: the "prince", be they warm (They both did Tamaki, believe it or not.) or cold (in Gundam timelines, with Miyano-san as Setsuna and Midorikawa-san as Heero).
Thats an interesting comparison, considering Miyano has just recently replaced Midorikawa as Tamahome in the Fushigi Yuugi game.
Coincidence? I wonder...
As for publicity...yes Hirano and him do receive a lot of attention, but you can't deny they already have good and significant voices to begin with. Many seiyuus have had chances with lead roles but then they are still not popular enough because they don't sound very outstanding.

Considering most of the new animes have the newer batch of voice actors actresses in the lead roles, I'm wondering whether they intend to bring up a new breed of idol seiyuus....meaning good voices, good looks...even knowing how to sing. Seeing Jun Fukuyama dominate the spring season alone is a sign.
I used to see Akira Ishida, Souchiro Hoshi or Tomokazu Seki having at least 2 roles. Even Kappei Yamaguchi only pops out from time to time, I wouldn't have thought One Piece alone would keep him so busy.
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 18:34   Link #299
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
Thats an interesting comparison, considering Miyano has just recently replaced Midorikawa as Tamahome in the Fushigi Yuugi game.
Coincidence? I wonder...
As for publicity...yes Hirano and him do receive a lot of attention, but you can't deny they already have good and significant voices to begin with. Many seiyuus have had chances with lead roles but then they are still not popular enough because they don't sound very outstanding.

Considering most of the new animes have the newer batch of voice actors actresses in the lead roles, I'm wondering whether they intend to bring up a new breed of idol seiyuus....meaning good voices, good looks...even knowing how to sing. Seeing Jun Fukuyama dominate the spring season alone is a sign.
I used to see Akira Ishida, Souchiro Hoshi or Tomokazu Seki having at least 2 roles. Even Kappei Yamaguchi only pops out from time to time, I wouldn't have thought One Piece alone would keep him so busy.
It's payback time. Last few seasons were Miyano-san's playground (Tamaki, Light, among others).

Fukuyama-san has been around for quite a bit. So yeah, on one hand, it's nice to see him move up the ladder. The older fellows are the "trump cards" now, so to speak. Most likely, you'll see them voicing secondary characters along rookies who's doing the lead characters.

And yes, most of the older guys don't score in the looks department. Hoshi-san's quite short, for one. Ishida-san is ok, provided he remembers to smile. His stern face can make babies cry, I swear.
Old 2008-06-11, 19:22   Link #300
Oxtail

Kana Hanazawa -

Her voice is just so freaking adorable. And there's something of a slight lisp in it that makes it even more moe. I think her Kaminagi in ZegaPain is better than any of her others roles just because her super moe voice is matched to a character that is not typecast as overly moe. "Kyouuurrrrrr-chan!"
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seiyu