AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-01, 19:19   Link #1581
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

I think with Kawahara's experiences in writing SAO and the previous Accel World novels, he would probably vary his characters a bit more instead of having a sob story for each one.

As to address the first point, it still would mean that anybody could just push themselves hard enough and be ressurected, not to mention that the creator of Brain Burst seems to be an extremely careful person, considering the fact that even though we have people like Kuroyukihime and Haru playing the game, no one has been able to discover his true identity, even though the game itself is constantly updated to include new areas and security features, so it seems extremely unlikely that he would allow someone to be connected to the secrets of the game. Not to mention why White Cosmos of all people? It wouldn't make sense for him to randomly choose a linker to give them connections just for the sake of doing so.
Orange Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 20:44   Link #1582
judasmartel
*Author

Spoiler for WC:
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 04:23   Link #1583
sagematt
Magician of Words

You guys sure love to speculate.

Must I remind you that you do have a "Spoilers & Speculation" thread for this series? It's right over here. You are just filling this thread with noise.
sagematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 11:46   Link #1584
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagematt View Post
You guys sure love to speculate.

Must I remind you that you do have a "Spoilers & Speculation" thread for this series? It's right over here. You are just filling this thread with noise.
While I do agree with you, you're wrong. That thread is for anime speculation.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 12:21   Link #1585
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Also, it's almost impossible not to speculate in a thread like this. It's too general.
Any time you have a recent chapter, speculation and chapter discussion go hand in hand. People also want to talk about impressions, get filled-in, post questions, theories, whats on the authors mind, ect..
I don't understand what "noise" would be other than something completely left-field or excessive/annoying posts. :/
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 02:01   Link #1586
sagematt
Magician of Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
While I do agree with you, you're wrong. That thread is for anime speculation.
Full title of the thread:
Accel World - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Accel World novel readers only)

The moderator does say "over the Accel World anime series", but it's safe to assume that he's talking about the series in general. It doesn't make sense for "experienced Accel World novel readers" to speculate over the anime, since they already know everything that's going to happen for potentially the next 1 and a half seasons.

Now, I do agree that some speculation is bound to end up in here, but some people are going around with theories that are almost treading the borders of fanfiction.
Old 2012-10-03, 03:42   Link #1587
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Calm down, guys. Yes, his theory does seem to be a pseudo-fanfiction, which gives it the depth needed to post it in the Speculations thread. So yea, he posted in the wrong thread, but I'm sure he'll learn from this mistake. No point debating over this, especially when it's threatening to turn into the "noise" we are all trying to avoid.
Old 2012-10-03, 09:04   Link #1588
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
The moderator does say "over the Accel World anime series", but it's safe to assume that he's talking about the series in general. It doesn't make sense for "experienced Accel World novel readers" to speculate over the anime, since they already know everything that's going to happen for potentially the next 1 and a half seasons.
I disagree:
Quote:
Also remember that this isn't a light novel discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing thread.
Old 2012-10-03, 14:03   Link #1589
sagematt
Magician of Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I disagree:

Quote:
Also remember that this isn't a light novel discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing thread.
The concept of that thread reaches a contradiction, then. There's no way for experienced light novel readers to speculate without referring to the light novel, since that's where their knowledge comes from.
Old 2012-10-03, 14:22   Link #1590
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

So when can we get back to discussing? I don't like this atmosphere. >
Old 2012-10-03, 14:56   Link #1591
sky black swordman

^ I second this motion. Can you pick up were we left off?
Old 2012-10-03, 15:35   Link #1592
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
The concept of that thread reaches a contradiction, then. There's no way for experienced light novel readers to speculate without referring to the light novel, since that's where their knowledge comes from.
They speculate about the anime using light novel/source material information, not about the light novels themselves. I see nothing contradictory about this. I asked a mod about this, and he said the those type of threads are generally for anime speculation, but it depends on the rules of the threads, so that doesn't really help us.

I don't get it. First we get told to "calm down", and now people are complaining about the atmosphere? Jeez, people. It's not like we're at each other's throats. We're just trying to figure something out.
Old 2012-10-03, 17:52   Link #1593
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

It's not "figuring out" if it's already been clarified to you by a mod. Not to mention that this is the "Accel World - Light Novel Discussion" thread and not "Debate about the usefulness of other threads". Your discussion is derailing the thread, and the irony is that the discussion started because someone was trying to get people to not derail it. Of course, we now know that it's not derailing, but it was his original intention. That's why we all just want to move on because a mod has already clarified the matter. We understand that the both of you have good intentions, but there is no point in any more debating, especially when the matter itself is threatening to derail the thread.

Last edited by Orange Duke; 2012-10-03 at 18:03.
Old 2012-10-04, 01:05   Link #1594
Flere821
Lurker

I finally got my hands on the BD side story "Black Twin Swords, Silver Twin Wings" in Chinese and finished reading it. Whoever said Graphite Edge had 'Starburst Stream', I would like to say you're sadly mistaken. The SS never mentioned he had that technique. Sure, GE had put all his level-up rewards into powering up his two swords and is focusing on only developing them and his sword skills for his Duel Avatar, but he does not have Starburst Stream.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 02:24   Link #1595
sagematt
Magician of Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I finally got my hands on the BD side story "Black Twin Swords, Silver Twin Wings" in Chinese and finished reading it. Whoever said Graphite Edge had 'Starburst Stream', I would like to say you're sadly mistaken.
I thought this was mentioned in the latest volume?
Honest question, I don't really know/remember.
Old 2012-10-04, 07:43   Link #1596
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

The only way he would have that is if he was "you-know-who". So I'm guessing that was stated at the time when new SAO and AC watchers were conversing in the same thread.

I'm wondering why of all people in NN, we have the least info on GE. He was with them on the Imperial Raid, no?
Old 2012-10-04, 08:00   Link #1597
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
I finally got my hands on the BD side story "Black Twin Swords, Silver Twin Wings" in Chinese and finished reading it. Whoever said Graphite Edge had 'Starburst Stream', I would like to say you're sadly mistaken. The SS never mentioned he had that technique. Sure, GE had put all his level-up rewards into powering up his two swords and is focusing on only developing them and his sword skills for his Duel Avatar, but he does not have Starburst Stream.
Seriously? Haha, it seems like some people really want to believe that there's a connection between Kirito and GE..
Old 2012-10-04, 09:00   Link #1598
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Thanks, Flere821 for the clarification. So GE is most likely a homage to that person only.

Could you check the info below posted by Kunagisa so that we can see how much of it is truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post

Has anyone read the bonus novel that came with the BD volume 1? It seems like there are some tidbits in it about Graphite Edge that's really interesting.

The story took place after Aqua Current and Haru asked flathime how to use his points, then hime told about her story with Edge.

1) Probably a guy
2) "He" is Hime's master (like Raker to Crow), and is the strongest Burst Linker in Nega Nebulus.
3) At the time also was Lv. 8, but had enough points to get to Lv. 9
4) Lotus had never won against Edge, the only time she "won" was by destroying the environment; Maiden and Current were the judges and they jest(?) that Lotus cheated.
5) Regarding Edge's age, the only hint is that at the time when pencils are already outdated(?).
6) "He" is a nitouryuu!! Lotus's Star Burst Stream was taught by Edge.

I am one of those that don't believe in connection between AW and SAO so this is just another neta that I find interesting, but for those who loves the theory here's some stuff for you to think about too.
Old 2012-10-04, 23:05   Link #1599
Flere821
Lurker

1) confirmed.

2) confirmed.

3) confirmed, though KYH still had more points than him and he wanted to wait longer to have more points to fall back on. There were rumours of special rules once you reach Lvl 9 at the time, and Edge volunteered to go to lvl9 first so KYH won't get blindsided. KYH declined, saying other legion masters/Kings have reached lvl9 (only one mentioned was Grande, he already got his Shield by this time) and she can't fall behind.

4)confirmed. Lotus can't beat Edge, because a) he's her teacher and more experienced, and b) has high enough stats on his swords to prevent KYH's 'Absolute Sword' skill that one-hit-kills anything weaker than her. at the time, the only ones that matched it was: Defensive stats, only Grande, Offensive stats only Edge's sword had it. Yellow Radio's sceptre had a skill that the more times it's spun the higher it's stats get, so if given enough time it can match Lotus' swords.

5)False, this was not a hint at all. The context was if Graphite became Lvl9 and the next King, Current joked they should call him the 'Pencil King' and Maiden asked what's a pencil. Edge denied he's not that soft/breakable (graphite breaks easily), and Current shot back once he fought Purple Thorn she punched his armour in, and this was done with plenty of witnesses around.
KYH guessed Edge is around the same age as she is, though she has no proof whatsoever.

6) Two sword style, confirmed. (as seen in illustration)
6b) Starburst Stream was not even mentioned in this side story. I have no clue where people got this from... besides, when did KYH used Starburst Stream again?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 23:18   Link #1600
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I'm more intrigued that pencils are "outdated" at this time. O.o
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality