AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-13, 21:08   Link #81
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Mariya is evil!!! But then again, she gives us fanservice so I'll forget about her being evil
That's exactly why I like her. If she does get embroiled in affairs of the heart with Mizuho here, then maybe one might call her a tsundere?
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 07:33   Link #82
raideralan

How many fansubs are planning to sub this?

Last edited by raideralan; 2006-10-14 at 08:30.
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 10:25   Link #83
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by raideralan View Post
How many fansubs are planning to sub this?
So far that I know, there were 2 groups. One is well, GNU and another is Aquastar. Hmm, I'm still not sure about Serin though.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 10:33   Link #84
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiSter21 View Post
what is with all of the new animes involving cross dressing guys?
i mean, doesn't anyone find that to be a bit wierd?
Anime represents a free world of opinion that can't really be explained in words. For me i've completely ingored that fact and just go along with the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
My main love for the show has to be Kosakabe Naoko art style. I loved every second of DCSS's animation, so i'm happy that its returned with such a good show to go along with it. I'm sure Louis that you'll know the music sounds pretty familar - Isoe Toshimichi, same composer from Kasimasi. :3
Ditto, DC's artwork was quite nice, i'm also happy to see her draw another.

----

I love Yui Horie's voice, but I think that she impersonating as a male's voice is not necessary. This is one anime I think she wasn't fitted to do. IMO.

I feel that Maaya Sakamoto as Haruhi Fujioka(Ouran High School Host Club) did a great job as a female voice actoring voicing as male/female.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 13:11   Link #85
martino
makes no files now

But having a guy dress, behave and attend an all girls school must have some psychological effects
Old 2006-10-14, 13:13   Link #86
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
Yeah, this is a definite win for me, I loved the first episode--Horie Yui was good as usual, Asano Masumi as Mariya was awesome....
Masumin (Asano Masumi) is wonderful in this show. She has developed her play-evil laugh to a fine art.

And I think Horie Yui's voice works perfectly, too. There is a slight, almost symbolic, difference between her voice as a male and as a female in this show. But even her female voice is slightly restrained to make it like either a gentle male or a kind onee-san. I'm not as big a fan of Hocchan's as many people, but I think she's doing a great job here.

And I want to say how impressed I am with their singing group, Aice5, which does the OP: it's them plus Kanda Akemi (who plays Kana), Takahashi Chiaki (Takako), and Kimura Madoka (Kimie). Maybe not quite Sakakibara Yui (who does the ED), but better than most of the seiyuu singing units out there, imho. Here's a pic of the group (Masumin, Chiakingu and Hocchan l-r in the back; Akechan and Mame in front -- click to enlarge):

As for the gender-reversal trend (Kashimashi, this, Ouran, even Simoun, in a way), I think it must mean something. In any case, I wrote about it a few months ago in my blog: Do boys just want to be girls?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-14 at 13:24.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 13:16   Link #87
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
But having a guy dress, behave and attend an all girls school must have some psychological effects
yea hes gona act more femenine...but im sure he will still have his manly feelings...hence the blushing ^_^ cute~

erm insnt it gona look wierd when he attends a PE lesson...i mean all the girls wear like hot pants and well you know hes got something "extra" sticking out

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 13:23   Link #88
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
erm insnt it gona look wierd when he attends a PE lesson...i mean all the girls wear like hot pants and well you know hes got something "extra" sticking out
You never know. Maybe he doesn't even have the "extra" thing
Old 2006-10-14, 15:41   Link #89
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
yea hes gona act more femenine...but im sure he will still have his manly feelings...hence the blushing ^_^ cute~

Have you seen I My Me! Strawberry Eggs, the gym episode where the girls were to ashamed to wear the bloomers, then the guy teacher disguised as a woman had to comply in wearing one because to teach the girls not to feel shame?

When he was at the toilet, found himself on the same predicament, but thankfully, the runt grandma who trained him to behave as a lady arrived and gave him an item to wear so that the "extra" part won't be showing while wearing the bloomer.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 16:57   Link #90
Omniscient

Episode 02 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 17:54   Link #91
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Episode 02 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Lol! I was reading that too and thought about Strawberry Panic (ah..good times ). The bathroom scene is funny
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 19:40   Link #92
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep2: Oh, man, I don't know exactly what they're doing, but they should just keep doing more of it, as far as I'm concerned. This show has a wonderful tone, so far. Matsuki Miyu was very good in a brief but important role as Anguras in Simoun, and I think she's doing a wonderful job as Shion.
Spoiler:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 21:46   Link #93
navi432001
Completely Unproductive

Another Yuri based anime... what the count for the year.

Whats wrong with piracy?
navi432001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 03:22   Link #94
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by navi432001 View Post
Another Yuri based anime... what the count for the year.
It's not that high. Off the top of my head, I remember Kashimashi from winter season, Simoun and Strawberry Panic from spring, and this series from fall. There are yuri elements in other series, but those are the only ones I remember that it takes a central part in. And this might not even count completely since Mizuho is a boy. I call it pseudo-yuri.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 03:45   Link #95
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
After seeing Episode 2... you really gotta careful of what you wish for.
Spoiler:

And about this season... I think it's also a season for trap-chans.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 03:45   Link #96
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As for the gender-reversal trend (Kashimashi, this, Ouran, even Simoun, in a way), I think it must mean something. In any case, I wrote about it a few months ago in my blog: Do boys just want to be girls?
Quoting from what I know about Freud, bastard that he is, is that the reverse of what you're saying is true: girls want to be boys because they do not have the phallus, and that's the reason they want men similar to their fathers, etc. I don't know anything more, but I think that's a bunch of crock - I, however, disagree with your reasoning (but it isn't a bunch of crock). It's something simpler, really: men get turned on by girls making out.

Oftentimes the anime that you're talking about places the hero in crude situations that excite the imagination of the male viewer: if I were to dress as a girl (given that I'd be able to pull it off), I wouldn't be hesitant to go to an all-girls school, flirt with the girls there, and have one HECK of a time. Boys don't want to be girls, IMO. Boys are just (anatomically speaking) highly visual creatures who are excited with weird situations involving girls making out. They'd even be more excited when someone of their kind (of our kind) manages to be in a place most of us would deem heaven.

I'd very much like to see a girl who's as hot as Haruhi make out or IMAGINE to make out and have something happen between hot guys as well. I don't know, I just don't think it's as seminal and as below the surface as that - men just are carnal creatures, and this (the anime) would satisfy imagined desires.

Bleh. I'm sorry for spouting nonsense. I hope you understood part of what I'm talking about.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 04:35   Link #97
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
After seeing Episode 2... you really gotta careful of what you wish for.
Spoiler:

lolz...quite predictable that sometihng like that will happen tho owh i cnt w8 to see this now...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-10-15, 04:44   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
In the past, i've been known to be called the 'Trap expert' - so we that in mind, i can easily say that Mizuho is the number 01 trap i've seen all year. Probably gonna spend the next few weeks trying to purchase a copy of the original game - but until then, i hope the anime can carry on delivering trap goodness.
Old 2006-10-15, 06:07   Link #99
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Quoting from what I know about Freud, bastard that he is, is that the reverse of what you're saying is true: girls want to be boys because they do not have the phallus, and that's the reason they want men similar to their fathers, etc. I don't know anything more, but I think that's a bunch of crock - I, however, disagree with your reasoning (but it isn't a bunch of crock). It's something simpler, really: men get turned on by girls making out.

Oftentimes the anime that you're talking about places the hero in crude situations that excite the imagination of the male viewer: if I were to dress as a girl (given that I'd be able to pull it off), I wouldn't be hesitant to go to an all-girls school, flirt with the girls there, and have one HECK of a time. Boys don't want to be girls, IMO. Boys are just (anatomically speaking) highly visual creatures who are excited with weird situations involving girls making out. They'd even be more excited when someone of their kind (of our kind) manages to be in a place most of us would deem heaven.

I'd very much like to see a girl who's as hot as Haruhi make out or IMAGINE to make out and have something happen between hot guys as well. I don't know, I just don't think it's as seminal and as below the surface as that - men just are carnal creatures, and this (the anime) would satisfy imagined desires.

Bleh. I'm sorry for spouting nonsense. I hope you understood part of what I'm talking about.
Please don't think wrongly of me because I autoquoted, but I now no longer think of what I said as nonsense - it truly reflects this show in my personal opinion. If I were in Mizuho's shoes I'd get an erection all day long in the presence of many different women interested in me to the extent of show showing skin in front of me. Good thing Mr. Stick is padded well, else there will be a lot of trouble.

I don't think it's Jungian or even Freudian anymore: it's there to simply stimulate the imagination of man, who is a visual creature as compared to the woman who is tactile. That's without reference to the mind.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 06:32   Link #100
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

just saw the raw
ep2
Spoiler:

Tags
bishoujo, caramelbox, comedy, genderbender, romance, school life, seinen