AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-12-11, 13:00   Link #23321
Velsy

Why do they strip their shirts off ? O_o
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 14:27   Link #23322
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Why do they strip their shirts off ? O_o
I think anime has shown us that more nudity equals more power, regardless of gender.
Old 2012-12-11, 14:52   Link #23323
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ lol, only Fist of the North (stripping) Stars comes to mind. and regardless of genders? for men,
sure they show some GUNS and stuffs. but for women? lol...mostly FANSERVICE, baby.
Old 2012-12-11, 14:57   Link #23324
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Gindaka?

Nothing is safe from Gintoki. Especially Shounen Jump manga.
Old 2012-12-11, 15:38   Link #23325
Kyuu
=^^=

Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 17:51   Link #23326
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
^ lol, only Fist of the North (stripping) Stars comes to mind. and regardless of genders? for men,
sure they show some GUNS and stuffs. but for women? lol...mostly FANSERVICE, baby.
Nah, correlation being nudity and strength is just too strong, can't be just fanservice and coincidence
Interestingly, there was this manga by Owada Hideki, writer of of Legend of Koizumi, called Police 24 (?). In it, the main character would literally get stronger with less clothes because I believe his speed would increase as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Well at least... the ball went forward?
Old 2012-12-11, 19:55   Link #23327
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 19:56   Link #23328
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 20:29   Link #23329
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

And now, a message from the Sniper from Team Fortress 2:
Quote:
Well, Now I'm a Statue
It probably wouldn't surprise you to learn that a professional assassin like myself tends to be... discrete about things. We keep to the shadows. We avoid the spotlight. We don't host bloody dinner parties, is my point, and we don't make big bloody statues in effigy to our bloody selves.

Well, nobody bothered to tell the folks at Gaming Heads, since they only went ahead and turned me into a fourteen-inch-tall embarrassment to professionals everywhere. Two months ago Saxton Hale showed up at my door with a clipboard, a pen, and some girl he claimed was his niece, asking me to pledge five dollars for a charity walk. I wish I'd read the fine print, since Mann Co. now owns my likeness rights until the year 7039.

Anyway, the statue's out now, so if your daughter already has dolls that cry and soil themselves, why not buy her one that kills people for money? Give her a career goal. Because I guarantee you wetting your pants is not a paying job.

Sniper
Old 2012-12-11, 20:57   Link #23330
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

lol, do want.
Old 2012-12-11, 23:16   Link #23331
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
It should be noted that I've upvoted every single person who's disagreed with me here, as far as I know.

That said.

In 7th grade, I took an SAT test without preparing for it at all, it was spur-of-the-moment, I knew about it about an hour ahead of time and didn't do any research or anything. I scored higher on it than the average person using it to apply for college in my area.

An IQ test has shown me to be in the 99.9th percentile for IQ. This is the highest result the test I was given reaches; anything further and they'd consider it to be within the margin of error for that test.

My mother's boyfriend of 8 years is an aerospace engineer who graduated Virginia Tech. At the age of 15, I understand physics better than him, and I owe very little of it to him, as he would rarely give me a decent explanation of anything, just tell me that my ideas were wrong and become aggravated with me for not quite understanding thermodynamics. He's not particularly successful as an engineer, but I've met lots of other engineers who aren't as good as me at physics, so I'm guessing that's not just a result of him being bad at it.

I'm also pretty good at engineering. I don't have a degree, and other than physics I don't have a better understanding of any aspect of engineering than any actual engineer, but I have lots of ingenuity for inventing new things. For example, I independently invented regenerative brakes before finding out what they were, and I was only seven or eight years old when I started inventing wireless electricity solutions (my first idea being to use a powerful infrared laser to transmit energy; admittedly not the best plan).

I have independently thought of basically every branch of philosophy I've come across. Every question of existentialism which I've seen discussed in SMBC or xkcd or Reddit or anywhere else, the thoughts haven't been new to me. Philosophy has pretty much gotten trivial for me; I've considered taking a philosophy course just to see how easy it is.

Psychology, I actually understand better than people with degrees. Unlike engineering, there's no aspect of psychology which I don't have a very good understanding of. I can debunk many of even Sigmund Freud's theories.

I'm a good enough writer that I'm writing a book and so far everybody who's read any of it has said it was really good and plausible to expect to have published. And that's not just, like, me and family members, that counts strangers on the Internet. I've heard zero negative appraisal of it so far; people have critiqued it, but not insulted it.

I don't know if that will suffice as evidence that I'm intelligent. I'm done with it, though, because I'd rather defend my maturity, since it's what you've spent the most time attacking. The following are some examples of my morals and ethical code.

I believe firmly that everybody deserves a future. If we were to capture Hitler at the end of WWII, I would be against executing him. In fact, if we had any way of rehabilitating him and knowing that he wasn't just faking it, I'd even support the concept of letting him go free. This is essentially because I think that whoever you are in the present is a separate entity from who you were in the past and who you are in the future, and while your present self should take responsibility for your past self's actions, it shouldn't be punished for them simply for the sake of punishment, especially if the present self regrets the actions of the past self and feels genuine guilt about them.

I don't believe in judgement of people based on their personal choices as long as those personal choices aren't harming others. I don't have any issue with any type of sexuality whatsoever (short of physically acting out necrophilia, pedophilia, or other acts which have a harmful affect on others - but I don't care what a person's fantasies consist of, as long as they recognize the difference between reality and fiction and can separate them). I don't have any issue with anybody over what type of music they listen to, or clothes they wear, etc. I know that's not really an impressive moral, but it's unfortunately rare; a great many people, especially those my age, are judgmental about these things.

I love everyone, even people I hate. I wish my worst enemies good fortune and happiness. Rick Perry is a vile, piece of shit human being, deserving of zero respect, but I wish for him to change for the better and live the best life possible. I wish this for everyone.

I'm pretty much a pacifist. I've taken a broken nose without fighting back or seeking retribution, because the guy stopped punching after that. The only time I'll fight back is if 1) the person attacking me shows no signs of stopping and 2) if I don't attack, I'll come out worse than the other person will if I do. In other words, if fighting someone is going to end up being more harmful to them than just letting them go will be to me, I don't fight back. I've therefore never had a reason to fight back against anyone in anything serious, because my ability to take pain has so far made it so that I'm never in a situation where I'll be worse off after a fight. If I'm not going to get any hospitalizing injuries, I really don't care.

The only exception is if someone is going after my life. Even then, I'll do the minimum amount of harm to them that I possibly can in protecting myself. If someone points a gun at me and I can get out of it without harming them, I'd prefer to do that over killing them.

I consider myself a feminist. I don't believe in enforced or uniform gender roles; they may happen naturally, but they should never be coerced into happening unnaturally. As in, the societal pressure for gender roles should really go, even if it'll turn out that the majority of relationships continue operating the same way of their own accord. I treat women with the same outlook I treat men, and never participate in the old Reddit "women are crazy" circlejerk, because there are multiple women out there and each have different personalities just like there are multiple men out there and each with different personalities. I don't think you do much of anything except scare off the awesome women out there by going on and on about the ones who aren't awesome.

That doesn't mean I look for places to victimize women, I just don't believe it's fair to make generalizations such as the one about women acting like everything's OK when it's really not (and that's a particularly harsh example, because all humans do that).

I'm kind of tired of citing these examples and I'm guessing you're getting tired of reading them, if you've even made it this far. In closing, the people who know me in real life all respect me, as do a great many people in the Reddit brony community, where I spend most of my time and where I'm pretty known for being helpful around the community. A lot of people in my segment of the community are depressed or going through hard times, and I spend a lot of time giving advice and support to people there. Yesterday someone quoted a case of me doing this in a post asking everyone what their favorite motivational/inspirational quote was, and that comment was second to the top, so I guess other people agreed (though, granted, it was a pretty low-traffic post, only about a dozen competing comments).

And, uh, I'm a pretty good moderator.

All that, and I think your behavior in this thread was totally assholish. So what do you think, now that you at least slightly know me?

Last edited by Ridwan; 2012-12-11 at 23:54. Reason: Now you guys should be able to tell the joke.
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 23:25   Link #23332
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

^ I'm confused.
Old 2012-12-11, 23:31   Link #23333
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Actually, me too Considering this the the laugh a day thread, I thought muahaha post the pic as a joke. I wonder why Ridwan replied angrily like that
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 23:35   Link #23334
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Actually, me too Considering this the the laugh a day thread, I thought muahaha post the pic as a joke. I wonder why Ridwan replied angrily like that
Inside joke perhaps?
Old 2012-12-11, 23:56   Link #23335
Ridwan

Post above slightly edited for your convenience.
Old 2012-12-12, 00:28   Link #23336
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

This is how I feel playing recettear...
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 00:47   Link #23337
Ridwan

^Gelbooru hates hotlinking
Old 2012-12-12, 01:07   Link #23338
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
HA! Ridwan! All the rants! I don't think it was angry or butthurt enough, though. The more I read, the more egotistical your character seemed. In fact, it never came across as butthurt.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 01:36   Link #23339
Ridwan

It's definitely a butthurt.
Old 2012-12-12, 03:14   Link #23340
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Deal with this

Tags
humor