AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 48 Rating
Perfect 10 16 34.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 42.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 17.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-16, 22:19   Link #21
Buttercup~
<3 ice cream!

^

Oh I didn't know that =X I never thought Pride was THAT bad (in terms of one of the sins) >_> but I guess I know better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I kinda felt sorry for him in this episode. All he did was cry while getting beaten up, and then he gets eaten by his "brother"... he was fodder to the end.
I felt extremely sorry for him too =( That and the plea for Lust at the end was really tragic. I'm not a fan of any of the humonculi actually o_O Aside from Greed (who's grown on me and Wrath a LITTLE), the rest of them are meh. But I find that during their dying moments, I always feel a little sad to see them gone T_T

Pride was super evil this episode but I guess that's his character =S I never liked him just because I think he's really overpowered. I want to see how it ends for him >_>
Old 2010-03-17, 00:18   Link #22
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup~ View Post
...and Wrath a LITTLE...
Ohhh, that'll change... ^_^
Old 2010-03-17, 00:37   Link #23
Shinigami00

the music in this episode was fantastic! the storyline had an exellent pace. And Ed's courage and leadership keeps shining through!
Old 2010-03-17, 02:23   Link #24
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Anybody else notice Pride's eyes changed color right after his "meal"? They're purple now, with no pupils, while before they were black, and looked like a normal human's (although they may have also had no pupil beforehand).

They're also purple in the preview for next episode.
Old 2010-03-17, 04:17   Link #25
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Pride now ate Gluttony. Pretty sympathetic.
I'm still amazed at the irony
Old 2010-03-17, 06:30   Link #26
klare

Pride eating the fat boy and gets power up reminds me of Dragonball where no 17 and 18 gets eaten...

i think Olivier is in a very dangerous situation surrounded by enemies
Old 2010-03-17, 08:32   Link #27
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Pride eating the fat boy and gets power up reminds me of Dragonball where no 17 and 18 gets eaten...

i think Olivier is in a very dangerous situation surrounded by enemies
She's the sort to walk straight into the tiger's den to get a cub... after slaughtering every single tiger relative that stood in her way.

Hope to see the part where Sloth fights be well-animated as the fight scenes in this ep. Anyone else think that the scene of Ed deflecting Pride's attacks viewed from above might make a good avatar?
Old 2010-03-17, 11:39   Link #28
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Gluttony wasn't eaten, more like cut in half and killed a thousand times...really makes it a "kill it before it dies" situation^^
Love the fight, the suspense is just killing me! At first I thought that Pride's shadow spear things could break through anything, but apparently Greed's ability is enough to block it, so why doesn't he just fully transform and beat Pride to a pulp?
Also, it seems pretty weird that Selim took a beating from Heinkel's lion form and didn't even just bleed a little, one would expect his body to be as fragile....
Old 2010-03-17, 12:19   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Anyone else think that the scene of Ed deflecting Pride's attacks viewed from above might make a good avatar?
I think it would look pretty good. Should go request it to be made in the avatar request thread.
Old 2010-03-17, 14:38   Link #30
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Gluttony wasn't eaten, more like cut in half and killed a thousand times...really makes it a "kill it before it dies" situation^^
No, he was eaten. Pride absorbed Gluttony's philosopher's stone, hence why he gained the power and abilities that Gluttony had.
Old 2010-03-18, 00:59   Link #31
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
At first I thought that Pride's shadow spear things could break through anything, but apparently Greed's ability is enough to block it, so why doesn't he just fully transform and beat Pride to a pulp? .
Because Pride can still just wrap him and then crush him. You'll notice Ed has his back to the fire to keep the shadow from surrounding him.
Old 2010-03-18, 01:10   Link #32
Haladflire65
*Artist

I just fell in love with Pride's delicious evilness all over again, so I even made a bunch of avis and sigs in his honor

He's such a great villain...
Old 2010-03-18, 17:03   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I feel for Lion King though. I mean it ends up looking like he got owned by a kid . Suppose you have to give credit to the amount of lives Pride must have to be alright after getting attacked for so long.

Anyways Mustang's plan must succeed brilliantly. No one in the series seems to think it's a good idea so it must be a good one. There's no way Mustang would do something predictable and not have it work out somehow. Suppose it will be a key move when Wrath eventually gets back into the picture since there is no chance the guy is dead.

Tough day for Gluttony though. He gets owned in the dark and then eaten by Pride. Not the way I thought he would go down.
Old 2010-03-18, 18:47   Link #34
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

You know after seeing whats happening to Miss Bradley and knowing whats to come, it hits home and I really kinda feel sorry for her. Never payed much thought before but when animated, it makes quite a impact.

can't wait for the real sh** to hit the fan, never noticed about this fact before but this series has a totally great build up so far, gonna be awesome!
Old 2010-03-19, 11:17   Link #35
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

The smile that Pride gives Lion King when the villagers showed up is the stuff of my nightmares. Im with Halad, he's a great villian.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-03-19, 16:35   Link #36
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
It's really amazing what impact pride has. Even so he has been introduced so late and the evil child stereo type isn't really new, but dang is he scaaary D:

Seeing the fight animated was really awesome. I really enjoyed the action I like the way they handled Pride's shadows. Amazing animation there.

And yay Mustang and the gang <3 I'm really looking forward to their scenes Roy looked a little weird this episode. Hawkeye looked normal for a change xD. Guess one favorite has to look off
Old 2010-03-19, 18:20   Link #37
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Hawkeye looked normal for a change xD. Guess one favorite has to look off
Yeah for once her eyes didn't look pretty big. I haven't had a problem with them, though it's about time they didn't look off. It's taken 48 episodes for that to happen.
Old 2010-03-19, 22:34   Link #38
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

I've watched this series in parts when the first Fullmetal Alchemist was released but never in it's entirety. I must say, this is a very interesting series (coming from somebody that has never watched the first series completely or read the manga.) It got me hooked and now I'm disappointed that I have to wait Either way, what's going to be the final episode? 50?

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-03-20, 04:34   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Either way, what's going to be the final episode? 50?
Can you see this ending in two episodes?

63 episodes in total.
Old 2010-03-20, 12:37   Link #40
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Can you see this ending in two episodes?

63 episodes in total.
No I can't Like I said, this is truly my first FMA experience so I knew nothing about this wonderful series I was hoping that I wasn't looking at a rushed ending and I guess that's completely out of the picture now. Thanks.

I wish I could rep you but unfortunately, I already have (although I'm not sure if that's a bad thing.)

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Closed Thread