AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-08-26, 20:13   Link #21
Miraluka
Banned

I request a threa for Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator manga.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 07:56   Link #22
R.LocK
My turn

^And for a certain 4-koma about Index.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 08:11   Link #23
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hi, I believe we can get a thread for New Testament volume 8 now
I vote to third this motion.
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 08:23   Link #24
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've dropped Relentless a vm already, shouldn't take long now.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 17:19   Link #25
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfriback View Post
i request a threa for toaru kagaku no accelerator manga.
this^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 2013-08-27, 21:46   Link #26
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Sorry for the delay. The threads for NT8 and the Accelerator manga are up. Can someone post some more info about the 4-koma if it needs a thread?
Old 2013-08-27, 21:48   Link #27
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Sorry for the delay. The threads for NT8 and the Accelerator manga are up. Can someone post some more info about the 4-koma if it needs a thread?
No one's talking about it so probably not until it actually comes out.
Old 2013-08-31, 19:48   Link #28
Miraluka
Banned

I request a Hamazura Shiage thread.

I wanted to talk about his relationships and this:
Old 2013-09-02, 17:29   Link #29
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Can we have a thread to talk about Index's struggling popularity in terms of LN's in different parts around the world versus its popularity in some parts of the world?

I feel like this would be an interesting discussion that would emphasize different reasons that different animes are liked by the different fanbases and would help highlight at least for the fans why raildex is so unpopular and when people think it might eventually become more popular in different regions of the world.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 19:41   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Can we have a thread to talk about Index's struggling popularity in terms of LN's in different parts around the world versus its popularity in some parts of the world?

I feel like this would be an interesting discussion that would emphasize different reasons that different animes are liked by the different fanbases and would help highlight at least for the fans why raildex is so unpopular and when people think it might eventually become more popular in different regions of the world.
Is this really an Index-related topic, or are you talking about Light Novels in general? I don't think the Index light novels have been licensed for release in other countries, so it's a bit hard to measure its relative popularity without any data. And I'm also not on what basis you've concluded that "Raildex is so unpopular" in certain parts of the world and not others, when this very forum is quite globally-diverse and this franchise is quite popular.

So... maybe I'm just not seeing it...
Old 2013-09-02, 19:56   Link #31
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Is this really an Index-related topic, or are you talking about Light Novels in general? I don't think the Index light novels have been licensed for release in other countries, so it's a bit hard to measure its relative popularity without any data. And I'm also not on what basis you've concluded that "Raildex is so unpopular" in certain parts of the world and not others, when this very forum is quite globally-diverse and this franchise is quite popular.

So... maybe I'm just not seeing it...
Sorry. Let me make it more clear.

In Japan, Index is one of the top selling light novel series.

It has a very popular franchise that has a lot of support on forums like 2ch and others.

In contrast, merchandise from the Raildex franchise isn't really sold that much in other countries except a few except online (other than Japan at least to my knowledge and my friends' knowledge). This wouldn't be about the LN's... this would be concerning the manga and the LN's.

I guess the main issue is why the Index manga hasn't really been released outside of Japan (at least in some places like the United States).

See, I understand when someone tries to say Index as a series isn't that popular to be released in the US as a manga...

I am wondering about it specifically in terms of why the Index manga isn't being published in the United States (for example)...

Raildex is the first series I've been pretty interested in and as a result for the first time actually somewhat care about whether it's popular or not because I feel like it deserves better personally. So I was just curious about why as a franchise it isn't as popular as series like Naruto or One Piece when in fact the franchise has 2 manga series (now 4) and 2 different anime series that are already out. I'm just not that familiar with series that start as light novels I guess.

As I pointed out, SAO, Fate-zero and Haruhi were much more popular as Light Novel franchises and I was really just trying to figure out why. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It's a question centering on why it is so popular in Japan and China but so unknown in other places and doesn't even have a manga in that language while Railgun, the "spinoff series" does.
Old 2013-09-05, 07:28   Link #32
Kakkou
Tch.

So... umm... where would this Index x Oreimo crossover Kamachi wrote go under? My brain is still trying to process what the hell I'm reading.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 08:59   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
So... umm... where would this Index x Oreimo crossover Kamachi wrote go under? My brain is still trying to process what the hell I'm reading.
We had been using the Future Volume Speculation/Theories for it, but there isn't really much to say besides variations of 'Lols'
Old 2013-09-27, 12:21   Link #34
Miraluka
Banned

Requesting a character thread for: Magic God Othinus.

Pretty much all of the talk on the last volume thread is more about her.
Old 2013-12-03, 13:03   Link #35
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Um... so this is more of a question than a request, but when the Accelerator manga comes out, are we going to have another sub-forum, or are we just going to add a thread Accelerator manga to this sub-forum>

Since the new Accelerator manga is called toaru kagaku no Accelerator, it makes it seem like this could be its own long thing perhaps with its own anime, (maybe ?) so I think that we might need another sub-forum for it... or are we going to wait until it gets bigger to do that...?
Old 2013-12-03, 13:14   Link #36
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Um... so this is more of a question than a request, but when the Accelerator manga comes out, are we going to have another sub-forum, or are we just going to add a thread Accelerator manga to this sub-forum>

Since the new Accelerator manga is called toaru kagaku no Accelerator, it makes it seem like this could be its own long thing perhaps with its own anime, (maybe ?) so I think that we might need another sub-forum for it... or are we going to wait until it gets bigger to do that...?
I doubt it'll be that big
a thread will be enough
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 04:22   Link #37
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, for now I think we will probably create a single thread... and I'm guessing it probably makes the most sense in this sub-forum, though perhaps we could maybe we could post a link in the Railgun manga sub-forum as well.
Old 2013-12-05, 05:58   Link #38
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Yeah, for now I think we will probably create a single thread... and I'm guessing it probably makes the most sense in this sub-forum, though perhaps we could maybe we could post a link in the Railgun manga sub-forum as well.
Thanks, putting a link in the railgun manga sub-forum sounds good as well. That way people who tend to go to only one of the sub-forums can find it and go to it if they like Accel.
Old 2013-12-09, 07:41   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Requesting a new thread for "New Testament 9", we have both and synopsis and the cover illustration
Old 2013-12-09, 12:44   Link #40
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Requesting a new thread for "New Testament 9", we have both and synopsis and the cover illustration
Seconding the request for a new thread for New Testament 9.