AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 12:39   Link #1001
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
really need to stop wathing that scene again.

been repeating it 10 times alread T__T

anyways, who the heck said Guilford was blind >___>

going to sleep, more pages to read when i wake up.
What other group of people wears sunglasses indoors? >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:39   Link #1002
davicho

why o why did this have to end like deathnote
o well just a ?
in the weding pic is the girl bellow kallen euphemia or am i just too emotionaly drained
someone help please
davicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:40   Link #1003
sugardaddy87

Can any of you actually think? Lelouch is still alive. Someone posted in one of the previous pages about how and all the clues too that were in the episodes pointing out that Lelouch is an immortal now too with C.C.

And also the thing about Xingke being alive or not, open your eyes and watch the episode.
sugardaddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:40   Link #1004
killbethy

Thoughts:

The directing of the episode was great... Lelouch's "dying" scene was a tear-jerker in a way, because at that point, everyone that knew Lelouch realized his plan (I'm surprised they can go on living happily when they were such idiots ) The scene where Lelouch commands the world to obey him was exciting, except it didn't work. So no real point there.

Lelouch did give C.C. her smile at the end by realizing that the Geass she had given wasn't a curse... which is what they discussed in Turn 24 and when C.C. made the comment about caring about winning or losing.. he essentially made her human again.

If Lelouch is still alive, so be it, it wouldn't surprise me, but it would be cheating Suzaku of his revenge and the agreement that Suzaku will get to kill Lelouch. If not, it's fair to assume that he is in the World of C and will be reunited with C.C. (since C.C. tells Mao to wait for her in the World of C before killing him).

The one thing that I find absolutely RIDICULOUS is that Suzaku would be willing to go on living as Zero, since Zero did become a symbol... but that symbol still killed Euphie. I suppose he had to justify it as "attoning for his sins," since Lelouch said it would be a punishment for him too... but I honestly can't see Suzaku agreeing to a plan where he has to assume the identity of Euphie's murderer (even if what she did paled in comparison to what Schneizel did with FLEIA and Lelouch... there are still history books, kids!)

They definitely could have expanded a bit more on what happened after the ending. All they said is that "the world is a better place," but how?

In the end, all Lelouch did was essentially carry out the plan Schneizel was attempting by trying to kill him (killing the common enemy to bring peace)... and Lelouch called that wishing for today. Yet he sacrificed himself to kill the common enemy to bring peace... not much of a difference there, all he did was make people hate him a tiny bit more. LOL. All it accomplished was making Lelouch nobly sacrifice himself as one last good deed to make up for the past.

The Zero Requiem was about as non-epic as you could possibly make it. I really just can't help but feel like Tanaguchi just rushed this ending to put CG behind him... make people think Lelouch is dead so the series ends and he is freed from his emo-ness.

All in all, the series (for me) was a great journey, which will always make it stand out as an excellent series, but the ending didn't live up to the journey. And then it left loose ends... what is C.C.'s real name? Why was Diethard in a picture that appeared to be taken after he "died"? What happens to the UFN and Britannia? Can Suzaku really be Zero when his 'expertise' isn't exactly the legacy Zero left behind and can he maintain it if he still carries any guilt from the past (we don't know if he resolved his own issues)? No symbols, legends or stories carry on and live forever. As time passes, people forget. So in a way, it REALLY was a reset ending... they recreated a world with peace, but several generations down the line, the rallying calls for Zero will be forgotten and become a fairytale, and humanity will once again pick up what it does best... fight.
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:40   Link #1005
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacrash Gr View Post
yea he is he didn't show up at the last epi
I made a joke some days ago saying Xingke's death better not wasting any screentime...
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:41   Link #1006
NextTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugardaddy87 View Post
Can any of you actually think? Lelouch is still alive. Someone posted in one of the previous pages about how and all the clues too that were in the episodes pointing out that Lelouch is an immortal now too with C.C.

And also the thing about Xingke being alive or not, open your eyes and watch the episode.
Lelouch and C.C. can't be immortal at the same time. Lelouch told Suzaku he would kill him, not that his death would be staged.

Lelouch is dead.
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:42   Link #1007
Ypocaramel

It's not the way I'd write a political science paper, but from a show point of view, it brought enough closure while being open-ended enough to talk about.

Is Guilford blind? I wouldn't let a blind person charge into the street with a SMG...
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:42   Link #1008
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

I've shed manly tears during the episode.
Old 2008-09-28, 12:42   Link #1009
zka

With everyone who says that lulu died even thou are are alot of things that hint otherwise (like that blogg about if lulu is alive or not with shitload of hints /facts on pages 30-40) .

HOW HOW HOW do you explain that nunally was able to receive lulu's memories. During the entire s1 and s2 it only happened during the cave episode with lulu and c2 !!!!

So, unless someone can go back in time, get rich, change geass storyline by giving nunally some supernatural ability from heroes, I belive the ending is clear enough. I already realised that during the actual show even before I came to the forums.

And yea.. series name says it also all, CODE GEASS R2, which is really made of code and geass and r2/l2 (japanese dont have r or l but something in between, meaning lulus name is written ルルーシュ・ランペルージ which can be with R or L for non japanese speakers) and with that we get a whole picture, at least I did...

Basically even if there are a lot of hints, one CANT EXPLAIN memory transfer with nunaly rather than lulu got the code, as the same situation with memory transfer happened before with lulu and c2, which PROVES the whole thing ? I mean this is just a logical conclusion, isn't it ?
zka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:43   Link #1010
NextTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by davicho View Post
o well just a ?
in the weding pic is the girl bellow kallen euphemia or am i just too emotionaly drained
someone help please
This was not like Death Note at all... Lelouch had total victory.
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:45   Link #1011
Gt_max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna20 View Post
For the people who do not know why the show is called 'Code Geass',
the show was called like that because in the end lelouch would obtain both The 'Code' for immortals and 'Geass' wich he did when charles grabbed him. And for the ones who believe he is death, Lelouch transferred some of his memories to nunnaly wich only immortals can do (as shown by C.C in the beginning of season 2) that and the 'code for immortality'
is activated after the holder dies, wich happend. He had to get out of the picture somehow in order to live in peace, in order to do that he had to fake his death. And the person on the vehicle makes it even more obvious, Lelouch is alive that is basicley a fact.
After reading the quotation above !

Can somebody explain to me how Lulu could possibly transfer some of his thoughts ( Probably the SELECTED ones as they weren't EVERYTHING that happened during the series ) to Nunnally ?
Something similar to that happened in the very first episode of Code Geass were Lulu was dying and he got the geass from C.C... and during the process C.C transferred some of her thoughts / flash backs of emperor and other ppl with geass to Lulu... . it makes sense to me because C.C is Immortal and she has the code...
but what about the scene with Lulu and Nunnally ? how possibly can a normal human without the code ( being immortal ) transfer some of his thoughts to somebody else ?! Geass Power wouldn't work in this situation , would it ?!

Any explanations ?
Gt_max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:45   Link #1012
Wolfpack

Quote:
o well just a ?
someone help please
It's Mia, a classmate from Ashford. She was the one who took Lelouch's hat during the Valentine game by Milly.

I'm going with C.C. giving her code to Lelouch, meaning he's immortal but she's not. It's ambiguous whether she was talking to thin air or the driver of the cart at the end. I think they left it like that intentionally. Plus the music seems fitting for a kind of twist end/surprise thing. Well, it's just the theory I'm going with. More evidence points to him being dead as a door nail, but I refuse to accept that, since he promised to make C.C. happy and give her a smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_max View Post
After reading the quotation above !

Can somebody explain to me how Lulu could possibly transfer some of his thoughts ( Probably the SELECTED ones as they weren't EVERYTHING that happened during the series ) to Nunnally ?
Something similar to that happened in the very first episode of Code Geass were Lulu was dying and he got the geass from C.C... and during the process C.C transferred some of her thoughts / flash backs of emperor and other ppl with geass to Lulu... . it makes sense to me because C.C is Immortal and she has the code...
but what about the scene with Lulu and Nunnally ? how possibly can a normal human without the code ( being immortal ) transfer some of his thoughts to somebody else ?! Geass Power wouldn't work in this situation , would it ?!

Any explanations ?
Gt now that you mention it, that almost makes it seem like Lulu became immortal too, since he has a similar power to C.C. He could've got something while connected/geassing the World of C that even he didn't know about. Either that or he got C.C.'s code during the two month time skip.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:45   Link #1013
davicho

why o why did lelouch have to die

is the girl in the weding pic euphemia(look for girl in pink dress under kallen and gino
davicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:45   Link #1014
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
^that was Miya. a nobody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
What other group of people wears sunglasses indoors? >_>
well, he sure can rush out pretty fast during that attack. Heh, i know now how much he likes that matrix look he got
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:46   Link #1015
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I haven't been posting here, but I've been writing some ideas on my blog which you would probably like:

Here is my contention that Lelouch is alive.

Here is an offering for CC and Lulu fans, like me. Some pictures, whether true or not, and some hints as well regarding his survival.

Cheers!
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:46   Link #1016
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextTime View Post
This was not like Death Note at all... Lelouch had total victory.
Not only that, but Lulu didn't have a tragic flaw like Light. They're comparable characters, but only near ending did I realize that Lulu was consistent in his beliefs. One which required self sacrifice.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:47   Link #1017
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Quote:
why o why did lelouch have to die

is the girl in the weding pic euphemia(look for girl in pink dress under kallen and gino
Your question has been answered.

I though Schniezel is gonna die.
Old 2008-09-28, 12:48   Link #1018
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Xinghe is not dead. I said it beofre I'll say it again: unless someone took his mecha and dragged in to the ceremony so it would look cool in the middle, he's still alive.

And I also ask again: who agrees with the "pudding theory"?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:48   Link #1019
aznegglover
The power of FABULOUS!

What's the thing on Kallen's necklace in the end?
aznegglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:49   Link #1020
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
Not only that, but Lulu didn't have a tragic flaw like Light. They're comparable characters, but only near ending did I realize that Lulu was consistent in his beliefs. One which required self sacrifice.
Well said. You understand Lelouch.

Lelouch got to do what he wants. Light did not.

This is why I say Code Geass has a great resolution for Lelouch but Death Note is worthless junk.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote