AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-07-18, 22:08   Link #341
Palmito

No. Rias never said that she just wants to fight Issei or that she just entered the tournament to fight Issei. This is something that came out of your head and is not in the canon. In Singularity she tries to recruit Strada to increase the battle power of her team after she discovers that Grayfia is in Issei's team. That does not mean she just wants to fight Issei. Anyway, you can keep fooling yourself. I will not continue this useless debate.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 22:18   Link #342
fan

She said it herself how is rias wanting to fight issei and his team not in canon. She made a declaration of war to her sister. She got strada not just to fight everyone. She got him to fight issei and you want her to throw all that for what. She has a goal and it is issei. He is all she thinks about. If she gets eliminated before she faces issei it would have been better to leave issei on her team. Fine it is useless talking to you anyway if the author has them face each other then what will you say then
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 22:29   Link #343
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan View Post
She said it herself how is rias wanting to fight issei and his team not in canon. She made a declaration of war to her sister. She got strada not just to fight everyone. She got him to fight issei and you want her to throw all that for what. She has a goal and it is issei. He is all she thinks about. If she gets eliminated before she faces issei it would have been better to leave issei on her team. Fine it is useless talking to you anyway if the author has them face each other then what will you say then

I never said they should not fight against each other. I said if they did not fight I would not find it strange. Only that. You've been talking a bunch of nonsense that went completely out of your head with no basis in the canon. You need to learn to separate and interpret better what you read. One thing is facts explicitly shown in the canon. Another thing is what YOU want to happen. She does not say that her goal is to fight Issei. Rias does not say she only created her team to fight Issei. She says she wants to fight him, but not that she just wants to fight him and only him.
Can you understand that?
Old 2018-07-18, 22:44   Link #344
fan

Ok one i really don't care who rias fights. She could fight god and i wouldn't care. And i know how to interpret things. What i find strange is you saying rias will be eliminated before she faces issei. If loses then how will rias give issei his groom trial. Tell me that
Old 2018-07-18, 22:58   Link #345
Palmito

Quote:
Ok one i really don't care who rias fights. She could fight god and i wouldn't care. And i know how to interpret things. What i find strange is you saying rias will be eliminated before she faces issei. If loses then how will rias give issei his groom trial. Tell me that
You do not even know what the groom's trial is. And if by chance it is an RG against Rias, this can be done after the tournament privately in the same way that the RG against Riser have been made. Once again I have no problem with Rias x Issei in the tournament, but this really does not have to happen.
Old 2018-07-18, 23:19   Link #346
fan

Question why does this not have to happen and i know what a groom trial is. I have been in a wedding before. Do you know what a groom trial is. I would like to know
Old 2018-07-19, 00:03   Link #347
Lex79

Quote:
Easy, his trial would be avenging her by defeating the team that eliminated her and winning the tournament.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 00:06   Link #348
fan

Then i feel bad for the idiot that beats her
Old 2018-07-19, 02:21   Link #349
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
It is not an argument. It's just something old and strong guys say when they win a fight against someone younger.

In fact it would have a lot of significance. Diehauser won against several god-class teams. Indra / Zeno win against him would show just how OP they really are. Especially if they annihilate Diehauser.

I do not think it would be strange to Rias lose in the first match. In fact depending on the way Ishibumi makes her lose and against who he makes her lose, this can motivate Issei even more.

My predictions:

Ise x Ruval
Vali x Sun Wukong
Rias x Diehauser
Dulio x Surtr
Tobio x ShootingStar
Sairaorg x Indra
CaoCao x Mahabali
Zeno x Typhoon

Ise x Tobio
Vali x Surtr
Diehauser x Indra
Zeno x CaoCao

Ise x Indra
Vali x Zeno

Ise x Zeno
Issei just beat a god-class team with Typhon, Vidar, Apollo, and Artemis on the team. Diehauser beat a bunch of god teams that weren't worth mentioning. Still impressive but could he perform such a feat against Indra's, Sun Wukong's, Mahabali's, Surtr's, or Typhon's team?

Diehauser is only Maou-class compared to Indra and the two Super Devils. Indra is the Heavenly Emperor and the two Super Devils just wiped the floor with Mahabali and his team of Asuras. Can you really compare them with the gid teams that Diehauser defeated? There would be no significant impact if Diehauser just happened to lose against either Indra's or Zeno's team. Indra and the two Super Devils already way more powerful than Diehauser and it would be no surprise if they defeated a Maou-class devil and his team even if said Maou-class devil is the Champion of the Rating Games.

Issei can't beat Tobio because Tobio can cut through everything including Issei's plot armor.

I really only see Dulio being defeated by Indra or Zeno. He did defeat Issei's team and has had a straight winning streak. Plus he has Rudiger as his advisor and has the second most powerful Longinus.

And I don't see Issei or Vali beating an opponent that the other has lost to. Like if Vali loses against Zeno's team and then Issei beats Zeno's team in the finals.

I would have thought we would've gotten illustrations by now.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 03:32   Link #350
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
But then we have a problem because assuming Issei arrives in the final he will only have four more matches. The fans want to see Issei fight, Crom, Indra, Vali, Cao Cao, Tobio, Balberith, Diehauser. Not to mention that one of those four matches will be against Ruval. So we have three games, and seven rivals. Ishibumi will have to make a choice and half of those guys will not fight Issei in the tournament.
But the thing is there has been build up for Issei to fight Rias in this tournament. You say he could fight her some other time but I fail to see how? Remember Crom is only part of her team only for this tournament and it's the only time we'll see a close fight between them because after the tournament, it's highly probable that Issei will be too strong for Crom to handle. Yes, Issei has many rivals in this tournament but the thing is Issei has already fought those rivals in the past but he never faced Rias so this would be a perfect opportunity.

Here's how I see the match ups.

Top 16

Issei vs Ruval (Character development for Ravel)

Rias vs Surtr (Rias first time facing a god team)

Vali vs Tobio (Connection of the past)

Diehauser vs Sairaorg (Coach vs student)

Dulio vs Shooting Star (To see what Shooting star is capable of)

Zeno vs Typhon (Demonstration of how powerful Zeno's team really is)

Mahabali vs Indra (Mahabali's attempt for revenge)

Cao Cao vs Sun Wukong (Technique master vs God of techniques)

Top 8:

Issei vs Rias

Diehauser vs Indra

Vali vs Son Wukong

Shooting Star vs Zeno

Top 4:

Issei vs Vali

Zeno vs Indra

Finals:

Issei vs Zeno
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 04:56   Link #351
bodo
shirking idiots ...

Lol, it will be so funny when it will be Ise vs Diehauser (and not Ise vs Ruval) people will whine a lot ... even vol 23 "The Return of the King" strongly suggest that match.
Only a few hours remaining ...
Old 2018-07-19, 05:43   Link #352
B214

Well there's many possibilities still at the moment, people all seem to think that Ise will win the tournament but there's a possibility that he may lose in the quarter or semi finals as well.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 06:24   Link #353
Elmenhilde Lover

I think Dulio's wish and other teams wishes will be fulfilled either way.
Anyway speculation on what V1 is about:

New girl is Neried Kyrie possessor and a normal humam. Hades sent his devils to kill after finding out she's a longinus possessor. Ajuka asks issei to protect her for she is important for the Underworld's survival and other factions survival. Before devils attack, she picked up a flyer and uses it to summon issei forcefully who saves her
of course ajuka makes his request after issei saves her. isse tells the event that happened to rias and she gets ajuka's help

the volume will centre around issei telling his life as a devil so far to the new girl while things are set up on the side
this is the perfect way to do a recap while seeming like it's part of the plot. The new girl has heard much about Issei and is interested in his heroics and believes that he can help her unleash more of her power since miracles happen around him
maybe she'll even ask him to perform palingual + boost on her busom lol

i think the new girl will get an illustration

Edit: New girl is dying when issei gets to her and uses his queen piece to revive her. this would be logical for him to even explain the events of DxD
Elmenhilde Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 06:38   Link #354
Gaizafaiz

Just imagine if we don't get the new girl's illustration.

All hell will break loose.
Old 2018-07-19, 06:42   Link #355
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmenhilde Lover View Post

New girl is Neried Kyrie possessor and a normal humam. Hades sent his devils to kill after finding out she's a longinus possessor. Ajuka asks issei to protect her for she is important for the Underworld's survival and other factions survival. Before devils attack, she picked up a flyer and uses it to summon issei forcefully who saves her
of course ajuka makes his request after issei saves her. isse tells the event that happened to rias and she gets ajuka's help

the volume will centre around issei telling his life as a devil so far to the new girl while things are set up on the side
this is the perfect way to do a recap while seeming like it's part of the plot. The new girl has heard much about Issei and is interested in his heroics and believes that he can help her unleash more of her power since miracles happen around him

Edit: New girl is dying when issei gets to her and uses his queen piece to revive her. this would be logical for him to even explain the events of DxD
Queen? There goes my wish for Verine to be Issei's queen
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 06:54   Link #356
bodo
shirking idiots ...

Meanwhile ...
Quote:
9/20発売
●ハイスクールD×D ハーレム王メモリアル 【編集:ファンタジア文庫編集部/著:石踏一榮/絵:みやま零・きくら げ】
Released on 9/20
● High School D×D Harem King Memorial
Old 2018-07-19, 07:07   Link #357
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmenhilde Lover View Post

This sounds really good
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 09:22   Link #358
RED IV

Ain't this volume supposed to be out tomorrow?
RED IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 09:45   Link #359
Elmenhilde Lover

In Japan time yes. Lucky for us, it comes out in 15 mins
Elmenhilde Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 10:15   Link #360
Le Fay

match-ups
sairaorg vs shooting star
indra vs mahabali
rias vs ise
diehauser vs zeno