Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-29, 14:45   Link #1
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Real life gundam

ok for those of you who want real life gundams... get ready the japanese have plans for such suits.

www.aeug.blogspot.com (scroll down the page just a little bit and there is the article)

this is ridiculous and sound impractical but who knows it might work LOL
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 14:52   Link #2
VMSAWRSMSZ006Z
Beck Mongolian Chop Squad

Send a message via AIM to VMSAWRSMSZ006Z Send a message via Yahoo to VMSAWRSMSZ006Z
I can't seem to find it. What date was it posted?
VMSAWRSMSZ006Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 14:53   Link #3
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................

huh?
Old 2007-10-29, 15:04   Link #4
kininku buster
I wanna be Itou Makoto

I just finished reading the article and I can honestly say that I'm surprised that they would even consider creating something like this. Imagination is a very powerful tool.
kininku buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 15:12   Link #5
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Well they will need something like Minovsky Particles if it ever wants to see action. Remember if AMerica was fighting EF in an actual war, we would win since we can use precision bombing on mobile suits before they strike.
Old 2007-10-29, 15:25   Link #6
VMSAWRSMSZ006Z

Send a message via AIM to VMSAWRSMSZ006Z Send a message via Yahoo to VMSAWRSMSZ006Z
Yes definitely. asage knows Gundam well enough.

The Minovsky particles brought about the blocking of any guided munitions in the original gundam. So they developed mobile suits that use visual targeting in order to win the war.

Despite the lack of Minovsky particles in reality. I can still see the benifit of having a Gundam at your side in a war. Frankly, if I were sitting around outside running from an enemy that has giant robots, I'd be terrified.
Old 2007-10-29, 15:40   Link #7
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMSAWRSMSZ006Z View Post
Despite the lack of Minovsky particles in reality. I can still see the benifit of having a Gundam at your side in a war. Frankly, if I were sitting around outside running from an enemy that has giant robots, I'd be terrified.
It would really depend on how big they are. If the humanoid mecha were less than 4m tall, I would imagine that it would have some use in combat. If they were the 18m behemoths that we see in so many Gundam shows, they'd be best used to make an enemy laugh too hard to fight back .

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMSAWRSMSZ006Z View Post
The Minovsky particles brought about the blocking of any guided munitions in the original gundam. So they developed mobile suits that use visual targeting in order to win the war.
If Minovsky particles blocked radar in real life, 18m mobile suits would die like flies on a modern battlefield.
Old 2007-10-29, 15:50   Link #8
VMSAWRSMSZ006Z

Ha ha, I guess to some people, having giant robots as enemies may have a comical effect.

Minovsky particles are real? That's news to me.

And yes, Mobile Suits would likely die like flies on a modern battlefield. Not Gundams though. Better armor, lighter, faster, and more weapons.
Old 2007-10-29, 18:28   Link #9
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
the only use for such mobile suits could possibly be a more versatile artillery?? a quicker way to move large weaponry, cuz as for the power needed and technology to make it work as fast as in the show.... that is ridiculous!!!!!

i really dont know what they are trying to prove with this, it is a bad idea in my opinion.
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 18:46   Link #10
VMSAWRSMSZ006Z

I'm sure that someday it'll be a reality. But for now, I guess what they have to do is throw enough money at it to make it possible.
Old 2007-10-29, 19:05   Link #11
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Maybe they find a new type pilot?
Old 2007-10-29, 19:30   Link #12
VMSAWRSMSZ006Z

Yeah, that's pretty much all they'll need. A newtype pilot can be devastiting in pretty much most things. Except if you left him in the middle of a battlefield weaponless. Survivability goes to zero.
Old 2007-10-29, 19:32   Link #13
mikoo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...
The Ministry Of Defense is in charge of Gundam

Over on the website for the Ministry Of Defense's Technical Research & Development Institute in Japan, the program for the 2007 Research Paper Reading Meeting ~Defense Technology Symposium 2007~, to be held on November 7-8 at the Hotel Grand Hill Ichigaya, was made available. At the end of the program's second page (PDF format), under the exhibition session's Ground Equipment category, there's a listing for "Towards The Realization Of A Gundam (Advanced Personal Equipment System)". Though the form the exhibition will take is unclear, the news is generating buzz with the otaku crowd overseas.

http://aeug.blogspot.com/
oh wow

that's impossible

a gundam with nuclear power ?
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 19:36   Link #14
VMSAWRSMSZ006Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
oh wow

that's impossible

a gundam with nuclear power ?
TSK TSK, Not Impossible. Improbable! Still I'd like to see this happen.
Old 2007-10-29, 19:38   Link #15
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
I'd join the military if this happens
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 19:48   Link #16
mikoo
Banned

I think they're pretty serious

how about this ?

site : http://www.fujiq.jp/gundam/attraction/index.html

mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 19:55   Link #17
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

You guys should just treat it as if it is the US Star Wars equivalent, which was nothing more than a defensive system in space. This one on the other hand, says nothing more than "ADVANCED PERSONAL EQUIPMENT SYSTEM", and Gundam is nothing more than the possible name of the program. The keyword here is PERSONAL. It does not say 50 ft robot.

The most likely outcome may just be one of those exo-skeletons being developed here in the US of A

In addition to the development of new AFVs, new utility bridge system and advanced ballistics, that is not the only robotic research being developed for use on land. Another research includes robotic research in the field of reconnaissance. I would assume all these are going to the Japanese Army.

And before they do all that, I am sincerely hoping the JSDF develop ANOTHER information sharing program other than WINNY. The latter, being domestically developed, is NOTORIOUS for its easily hackable potential. Yeesh~

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 20:17   Link #18
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMSAWRSMSZ006Z
And yes, Mobile Suits would likely die like flies on a modern battlefield. Not Gundams though. Better armor, lighter, faster, and more weapons.
Gundams would die just as fast. War machines are designed around several general concepts: high power-to-mass ratio, high mass-to-volume ratio, high mass-to-suface area ratio.
- A lighter war machine is generally a bad idea.
- The speed of a tracked/wheeled drivetrain will be superior to that of a legged drivetrain.
- Gundams wouldn't have any better armor than anything else; however it will have more surface area to armor.
- The amount of weapons would be determined by the mass of a unit, and by how much ammunition it could store. There isn't any real advantage in having more than one or two main weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente
the only use for such mobile suits could possibly be a more versatile artillery??
Nah, something like a Coalition SV would be much better - sexier looking too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
You guys should just treat it as if it is the US Star Wars equivalent, which was nothing more than a defensive system in space. This one on the other hand, says nothing more than "ADVANCED PERSONAL EQUIPMENT SYSTEM", and Gundam is nothing more than the possible name of the program. The keyword here is PERSONAL. It does not say 50 ft robot.
Hopefully, it will be a better development program than the Mitsubishi F-2 .
Old 2007-10-29, 20:22   Link #19
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Oh please, the F-2 actually flies! Besides, on paper, the F-2 has some really good specs.

Then again, the Japanese government did not make it a secret when they stated the F-2 program was just there to keep the Japanese military air industry alive.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 22:21   Link #20
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Oh please, the F-2 actually flies!
Hah! I've heard that the specifications say to build the airframe using 1000 yen bills .