AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-03, 12:14   Link #1961
CrimsonMoonMist

Game and the Cross/Higanbana Umineko Hane and Our Confession bonus up on Paletweb too.
http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=80004631
http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=80004632
Old 2011-12-10, 05:58   Link #1962
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

Pretty sure no cares about X now that we now about CROSS, but at least we get to see Rosa's and George's alternate sprites! Be warned, the quality in these videos is GAWD AWFALL.
Lucifer/Rosa v. Kanon/EVA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy8Lgyv6FH0
Lucifer/George v. Kanon/EVA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlA4v...eature=related
After watching those, I only approve of the Natsuhi!Jessica pallette swap. I hope when CROSS comes around, they break away from 'generic blond' fashion AND go for decent palette swaps.
EDIT: Speaking of George: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j9D2OT-Jf8

Last edited by SonozakiUshiromiya; 2011-12-10 at 06:49. Reason: another video
Old 2011-12-12, 13:54   Link #1963
DoktorFunk
Warned for a moment...

I feel like a dumby asking about this here, but my current laptop doesn't run OMK that well. It's okay apart from activating meta and using specials; The framerate suffers in that department.

Anyway, I'm going to get a new laptop this Christmas. I'm considering one, but I don't know how well it would work for games. Could someone tell me if this lappy will run OMK at 60fps without the slowdown: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834214491

I seriously appreciate any help. I always end up getting something that just doesn't cut it for doujin gaming.
Old 2011-12-12, 16:05   Link #1964
CrimsonMoonMist

I think that'll do just fine,
any recent-ish PC should be able to run Ougon perfectly.
Old 2011-12-13, 02:24   Link #1965
cronnoponno

By the way, has anyone found a fix to that black screen problem? Where the audio works but the screen is completely black? I tried to show my friend this game, he downloaded the demo, and couldn't play. He uses a laptop, forgot the specs but they're damn decent enough to run this game.

Key things to mention might be he has his drivers up to date, he did Jap locale, his graphics card is integrated....

Don't think there's anything else I need to say.... Google does not help me much, I usually hear ''Update DX'' but he already did(claims he did, but I don't think there's a reason to doubt him).
Old 2011-12-15, 04:12   Link #1966
manologod2
*Cackle*

Old 2011-12-15, 18:03   Link #1967
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by manologod2 View Post
I died

Bern Lambda Now
Old 2011-12-16, 00:45   Link #1968
legomaple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
I died

Bern Lambda Now
And Will!!!!!
Old 2011-12-16, 06:37   Link #1969
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaple View Post
And Will!!!!!
Indeed. He's probably the one I'm looking the most forward to out of the whole bunch
(with Erika as a distant second).
Old 2011-12-16, 08:39   Link #1970
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
Indeed. He's probably the one I'm looking the most forward to out of the whole bunch
(with Erika as a distant second).
Yeah, easily. I'm really annoyed there aren't any videos of any of the new characters, either...I wanna see how a Witch Hunter will actually fight. I'm also curious as to his Meta Special...maybe he'd slice the screen in half (Ep.7 Tea Party) or perform the "Last Rites". Plus he's such an awesome character.

Dlanor's moves (from what i've seen) were pretty much expected, and same with Erika. There wasn't much she could have for a Meta Special, but it would be nice if she'd condemn them (Natushi's trial in Episode 5) or seal them in a logic error (Episode 6) and use her perfect autopsy for the SP2 move.

I don't have a clue how Burnkastel or Lambda fight, without having read Episode 8's finale..so i'm also really excited to see them.

Goshdarnit, isn't it about time for some promo videos? D:
Old 2011-12-16, 09:27   Link #1971
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
well, 90% of the cast cant fight normally anyway...
Old 2011-12-16, 10:31   Link #1972
Azule
Golden Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
well, 90% of the cast cant fight normally anyway...
In a sense of some sort, most the characters included have actually been involved in some sort of fight.
Battler goes without saying.
Ange used the seven stakes in Episode 4, but that's about it.
Shannon's used barriers to defend against Beatrice, but not to attack.
Kanon goes without saying
Lucifer goes without saying too
Seista410 is another granted
Ronove's never really been attacking, but he's used his barriers to defend and counter several times
EVA's been in fights a few times
Vergillia had that myth battle and others
Beatrice goes without saying
George had a showdown with Gaap and EVA
Jessica's had a showdown with Ronove and Kyrie
Rosa had her famous scene in Episode 2
Erika had the end of Episode 5
Dlanor had episodes 5 and the later part of 6
Culprit Battler hasn't had any fighting since he hasn't been involved, but it's easy to imagine situations.

The only characters there who havn't really been in a fight are Ange, Shannon and possibly Ronove...but you can draw on some of their past events to imagine what they'd fight like. But on the topic of fights, when we've included Lambda, Burn and Will, isn't Gaap gonna be the only fighting character left out? MARIA has her cameo with Rosa, but you could consider her.
Old 2011-12-16, 10:41   Link #1973
maximilianjenus
[E]

yeah, I am also pretty pissed of at gaap's exclusion.

in the anime they also had ange fighting the goats at the end of ep03 though I don't remember how that went in the sn.
Old 2011-12-16, 11:05   Link #1974
GAtakito

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
yeah, I am also pretty pissed of at gaap's exclusion.
^ This. Gaap is one sexy fighter we need in this kind of game.
I know she was underrated in the last poll of EP8, but, com'on, she could have such good story with Beato, Lia, Ronove & George at least.

However, maybe, they can add her, if they come out with a Xbox edition or something like Ougon X.
Old 2011-12-19, 02:37   Link #1975
orangejuicetang

After reading/finishing EP 8, I'm curious about a potential Erika/Ange arcade story.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2011-12-19, 03:07   Link #1976
cronnoponno

Lol, I'm not like yelling at anyone, but every time I see a post in this thread(I'm sure this post itself will do the same to many of you) makes me think ''OMG NEW PICTURES? VIDEOS? ANYTHING?!?, oh, another post''. Not that the posts are bad....god I am way too excited for this....

But on the Gaap thing, I personally don't see why Ronove was added and she wasn't, I know Ronove is generally cooler, but aren't they like ''On the same rank'' or something?
Old 2011-12-19, 07:54   Link #1977
Azrail
Storm Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
Lol, I'm not like yelling at anyone, but every time I see a post in this thread(I'm sure this post itself will do the same to many of you) makes me think ''OMG NEW PICTURES? VIDEOS? ANYTHING?!?, oh, another post''. Not that the posts are bad....god I am way too excited for this....

But on the Gaap thing, I personally don't see why Ronove was added and she wasn't, I know Ronove is generally cooler, but aren't they like ''On the same rank'' or something?
I feel your pain about seeing new posts. But about the Gaap thing I think they just don't want to throw in all their chips at once. If they leave characters with more viable movesets out of the game then it becomes easier to make sequels and future updates to keep interest.

I don't know if it'll come quite as soon as Cross did but I wouldn't be surprised to see a third game (fourth I guess, if you want to count X). Although I do hope that in the next game the focus is shifted to mechanics and game features. Not to say that the game has bad mechanics but there is room for improvement too.
Old 2011-12-19, 08:00   Link #1978
battle22

Btw why didn't they add Lady Maria as a character. She could have cool Sp's based on Ep4's torture scene
Old 2011-12-19, 08:30   Link #1979
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrail View Post
Although I do hope that in the next game the focus is shifted to mechanics and game features. Not to say that the game has bad mechanics but there is room for improvement too.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that is true,
it would make sense considering that was the other choice on that poll they used to decide what to focus on with the sequel way back.
We'd probably get something like 2 or 3 new characters from here on out in updates compared to Cross' 6 if that's the case, so it'd make sense to keep a few key characters out until the time they want to focus on mechanics with an update and the sheer number of characters won't be a selling point.
Old 2011-12-19, 09:06   Link #1980
Azule
Golden Witch

The mechanics could use a lot of work. Not saying that they're bad or anything, but there was a lot of imbalance in the first Ougon imo. After a lot of playing (I was really obsessed with it for agess) I found Jessica/Kanon/Lucifer to be the god tier characters. Whilst there should always be those better than others, the difference between Kanon and say, Siesta410 was pretty amazing. Also, Down C moves seemed to rape the computer and in some cases it just spammed moves (lolshannon)

I reckon they've gone all out with the characters in this case to see what happens and what mechanics need balancing, so they can work on that for updates/future releases. They've got Gaap, Goldsmith and MARIA, and that's just from Episodes 1-4. For the later episodes, they could include characters like Featherine, Sorcerer Battler, Episode 8 Ange, and so forth.

Hell, if there was to be Ougon 4 and the only new character was Goldsmith, i'd buy it without any doubt.