AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-04, 00:04   Link #21
plmko

Hope this isn't left at 30% completion like 99.95% of other projects.
Old 2008-10-20, 07:25   Link #22
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I agree with the move to translate the initial game first, and use what was gained from that to a possible release of EX. That being said, I am willing to help. I'm not a translator, but if there is a need for image editors, I'm applying.
Old 2008-10-21, 05:07   Link #23
siletim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I agree with the move to translate the initial game first, and use what was gained from that to a possible release of EX. That being said, I am willing to help. I'm not a translator, but if there is a need for image editors, I'm applying.
Thank you, I believe we don't need one right now.
Old 2008-10-21, 05:20   Link #24
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Allright, good luck with the project. I just went through the trial again for the upteenth time, and I can't wait to play the full game.
Old 2008-10-21, 12:05   Link #25
LeviathanDarkly
ℳℴℯ❤

It's alive? It's alive!
Old 2008-10-21, 14:31   Link #26
siletim

Quote:
Allright, good luck with the project. I just went through the trial again for the upteenth time, and I can't wait to play the full game.

Thank you for the kind words

Quote:
It's alive? It's alive!
Yep, it is. Whoever told you it wasn't? We don't put many updates, but that doesn't mean the project's dead. Rest assured, it's actually as active as ever.
Old 2008-12-25, 16:42   Link #27
Darkoff
Nipaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siletim View Post
Thank you for the kind words

Yep, it is. Whoever told you it wasn't? We don't put many updates, but that doesn't mean the project's dead. Rest assured, it's actually as active as ever.
I must ask that surely someone has asked before, are you translating the Non-H one or the Ex one? since Ex has 3 new routes and a few more characters right?
Old 2008-12-25, 17:08   Link #28
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

They're doing the original version first, and then see whether they have the drive to continue on to EX. Translating the original version alone is already quite the chore, so I understand and support their decision.

On that note, are there any details known on the project? Progress reports? Updates? Something to give a little hint how far the project is?

Sheer curiosity. Well, that, and a burning desire to play the game. <_<
Old 2008-12-26, 16:50   Link #29
siletim

Quote:
They're doing the original version first, and then see whether they have the drive to continue on to EX. Translating the original version alone is already quite the chore, so I understand and support their decision.

On that note, are there any details known on the project? Progress reports? Updates? Something to give a little hint how far the project is?

Sheer curiosity. Well, that, and a burning desire to play the game. <_<
Well, everything's going fine, don't worry, we're still working on it and have no plans of abandoning the project. While I'm at it, here's a questions for everyone. Would you prefer if we released a patch for every route separately, or you think it's best that we release a patch once the full translation is done? I'm not saying we're ready to release anything yet (just don't hold your breath), but we'll need to decide on this eventually, so we need your insight. Thanks.
Old 2008-12-26, 17:05   Link #30
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

In any case, there will be people that won't be happy with either decision.
If you pick the partial patch pattern, you will certainly have some debate over "which girl first", though waiting for the full translation can also push the patience of some people.

In the end, it would be vastly better to see how your translator(s) feel about that matter.
Old 2008-12-26, 17:19   Link #31
siletim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
In any case, there will be people that won't be happy with either decision.
If you pick the partial patch pattern, you will certainly have some debate over "which girl first", though waiting for the full translation can also push the patience of some people.

In the end, it would be vastly better to see how your translator(s) feel about that matter.
That's certainly how I feel about it myself, when I first suggested the idea of releasing partial patches for every individual route in the game, other members of our team were dubious seeing as no matter in what order we release the patches, there would those disagreeing with our decision. But I still think that it's a worthwhile idea, or at least a subject to consideration. The reason is simple, releasing partial patches in this fashion would allow to attract more attention to the project, which is beneficial to rousing the enthusiasm of the staffers (that's what I believe at least).

Anyway, thanks for your opinion, it'd be great if someone else shared their opinion on the matter as well, it's plenty important, albeit not urgent.
Old 2008-12-26, 17:25   Link #32
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, the partial patch pattern is also a good opportunity to gauge the follow points:
-weaknesses in the translation: such like overadaptation, overuse of japanese terms, overly simple/complex writing etc
-beckoning more people, hoping it will allow the project to blossom
-evaluate the ETA and the possible manpower/deadline required for X or Y tasks.

As a personal experience, as either a translation project leader and reader of translated games, I think it would never be an issue to start with a partial patch, provided you know what you are doing (so taking an interesting part without ending it on a cliffhanger etc).
From this point, you can get your own pace and the possible broad view for the future releases.

But like I said, it is seriously better to base your pace and schedule with the translators.
Well, anyway, good luck, you certainly picked a VN that worth to be translated.
Old 2008-12-26, 18:16   Link #33
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hmm, that's a tough question. I personally have a lot of patience with these things, even though I like to know how far people have gotten with such things (I'm one of the people who didn't touch the leaked Unlimited Blade Works patch and instead waited on the official one) so I am willing to wait for the full deal. However, I won't deny that 'the faster I can play, the better' also is an attractive idea.

Is it possible to release the patches in days, rather then routes? Like, translation of days X through Y. This would avoid the 'which route comes first' debate, and would give a nice cliffhanger while still leaving stuff for people to play with after they finished the translated part of their favorite route. If you translate only one characters route, they can't go outside of that characters route (at least for the initial patch) so when they finish, there is little to explore. If a few days of the game are translated, people can sniff out other routes while waiting for the next patch.

Incidentally, should you decide on a route translation, my vote goes to Rin's route.
Old 2008-12-26, 22:40   Link #34
Magedark

Hm, well that could work, but it is tricky since it is a choice novel. It works with linear games the best, like the way Higurashi is going, but I would like to see this implemented. It's a nice idea.
Old 2008-12-26, 22:57   Link #35
asdf-cn

you could do like what the Wanko to Kurasou team did, in mirrormoon forum is everything!
Old 2008-12-27, 05:02   Link #36
siletim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
But like I said, it is seriously better to base your pace and schedule with the translators.
Well, anyway, good luck, you certainly picked a VN that worth to be translated.
Thanks a lot for the words of encouragement! I fully agree with all points that you made there, so we'll take them into consideration.

Quote:
Is it possible to release the patches in days, rather then routes?
I'm afraid that'd be impossible, since the game is made in such way that you have to go through the first 15 days in the game first, and only then the game branches, and pretty much at the same spot for every route. So those 15 days is something we refer to as 'common route', and we're hoping to finish translating it soon (it's longer than 20k lines, so it's not as easy as some of you may think)

Quote:
you could do like what the Wanko to Kurasou team did, in mirrormoon forum is everything!
You mean like making polls and asking for public opinion on which route should get translated first? Well, that might be a good idea, but how would someone who hasn't played the game know which route is better, or even which route they would personally enjoy more than others?
Old 2008-12-27, 06:27   Link #37
Magedark

People usually go for people they like or first impressions. Basically, on looks. And if they've read the manga or so, they have some ground to go on. Like, I'd go for Noumi Kudoravka.
Old 2008-12-27, 07:35   Link #38
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by siletim View Post
I'm afraid that'd be impossible, since the game is made in such way that you have to go through the first 15 days in the game first, and only then the game branches, and pretty much at the same spot for every route. So those 15 days is something we refer to as 'common route', and we're hoping to finish translating it soon (it's longer than 20k lines, so it's not as easy as some of you may think)
Ah, I see. Too bad then. I never expected it to be easy, but from your words, does that mean that you might release a patch for the first 15 days?
Old 2008-12-27, 21:13   Link #39
asdf-cn

what i meant, is that the team from Wanko saved the best route to the end, to keep motivated the team to complete the translation but that choice would go to you guys, like the heroines that you liked more and start at the from that so i think that it will be to motivate you guys, and btw i wish you the best of luck to you guys and the project, since last week the interest for Little Busters is growing more =p
Old 2008-12-29, 06:17   Link #40
siletim

Quote:
Ah, I see. Too bad then. I never expected it to be easy, but from your words, does that mean that you might release a patch for the first 15 days?
I'd say there's a good chance we'll be doing this, but, I guess, it's still too early to say anything definite.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation