AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 28 34.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 19.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-07, 02:39   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Eden of the East - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Eden of the East, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-05-07, 10:33   Link #2
hamstar
just passing by

it's out already?
Old 2009-05-07, 10:49   Link #3
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
It's airing now (0.45am Japan time)
The thread is just made ahead of time each week, that's all.
The Selecao I've been waiting for finally appears.
Hope it's a cool ep.

Post show edit:

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
(Yes, there was some squealing offline from me too in my room, I'm such a sap...)

This week, I have to spoiler, that was too insane, it was so much fun! xD
That will be the first 10/10 rating for me for this series.
(*squeals* and it had mameshiba!!!)
Spoiler for Episode 5:

I'm just glad I wasn't disappointed to be eagerly waiting for ep 5.
Bring on next week already!

&*^!
Dear lord, bring back the server for the juiz website so I can see the preview for ep 6 already...

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-05-07 at 11:30.
Old 2009-05-07, 11:48   Link #4
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
It's airing now (0.45am Japan time)
The thread is just made ahead of time each week, that's all.
The Selecao I've been waiting for finally appears.
Hope it's a cool ep.

Post show edit:

(Yes, there was some squealing offline from me too in my room, I'm such a sap...)

This week, I have to spoiler, that was too insane, it was so much fun! xD
That will be the first 10/10 rating for me for this series.
(*squeals* and it had mameshiba!!!)
Spoiler for Episode 5:

I'm just glad I wasn't disappointed to be eagerly waiting for ep 5.
Bring on next week already!

&*^!
Dear lord, bring back the server for the juiz website so I can see the preview for ep 6 already...

that wasnt much of a spoiler after seeing the preview pics of ep 5. I'll have to see how good the drama is.
Old 2009-05-07, 11:56   Link #5
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Damn, after such a reaction you gotta give us at least a brief summary... PLEASE!!
Old 2009-05-07, 12:59   Link #6
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
that wasnt much of a spoiler after seeing the preview pics of ep 5. I'll have to see how good the drama is.
Yeah, I still tend to write in cryptic until the raw/subs come out, then I notice people openly writing about the events of the episode each week.
So to not risk being slapped with infractions/banned etc...

But I needed to exorcise my giddiness somewhere, so tossed it in here for now.
@Kazu - if you saw the screenshots of ep 5 (is the website back up yet...?)
Then you'll have an idea of what happens anyways.
Just... seeing it all played out though was like... damn... so much drama. xD

Just use it as motivation to do something boring like chores and then treat yourself when it gets released

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-05-07 at 13:20.
Old 2009-05-07, 13:07   Link #7
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Damn, after such a reaction you gotta give us at least a brief summary... PLEASE!!
it's not that he/she wont give us a summary it's that he/she cant. Mystique watched the raw but cant give us a brief summary because he/she does not understand Japanese. There's also a risk of making a fool out of yourself if your facts are wrong.
Old 2009-05-07, 13:59   Link #8
M.Marangio

The website is up again, and there is a short review with screenshots here: http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009...f-the-east-05/
Old 2009-05-07, 14:23   Link #9
Kazu-kun

Gotta say I wasn't expecting that to happen so soon, but I'm not complaining. It was really cute. ^^
Old 2009-05-07, 14:27   Link #10
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

In these single-episode threads, spoilers aren't necessary for events in the episode. I have made a fool of myself before. I'm used to it. So here is my probably slightly inaccurate summary:

Diana (the blue-haired bombshell) wakes up in her luxurious penthouse, shuffles off her king-size bed (great animation of her body; you can feel the flesh) and realizes there is a bloody fat man tied to a chair across the room. She phones Juiz and says "it seems I've done it again." Juiz arranges for clean-up.

Akira is confused and fed up. He almost throws his Noblesse phone into the ruins, but stops himself in time. A NEET recognizes him and calls him by name (we know for sure now that he is actually Akira, and picked his own passport from the pile) and gets angry at what he did to them, imprisoning them and sending them to Dubai, but ends up saying it was okay, that he was to be married, and what Akira did actually helped him get used to society and gave him a way forward.

Saki is at home, helping at the bakery just before going to her interview. Ryousuke emphasizes again that they will look after her until she finds something she really wants to do. She still wants to escape being a burden on them.

Saki meets Oosugi on the train and agrees very diffidently to go to dinner with him. Oosugi is thrilled.

Akira finally reads Saki's message and realizes she might be worried, so he texts her. But she is on her way to the interview and can't reply. He gets Juiz to help him find where she is.

In her interview, the interviewer has already decided not to hire her, because she went on the trip instead of coming to the first interview. He cuts the interview short and tells her to come to lunch in the cafeteria, but never shows. And she has a bowl of beef rice spilled on her. In the washroom she hears the secretaries laughing about her situation and the (intentional) spill.

We see the guy from the car in ep1 again, at a military airport, checking #9's accounts and on the phone with Juiz. He is wearing a ruby ring and is Selecao #1. And we see Diana eating steak and interviewing prospective models for her agency. She thinks she will probably do it again tonight, and smiles. She notices Akira's new expense for finding Saki and wonders with a smile what #1 will do.

Coming out of the building from her interview, with Oosugi approaching (she doesn't see him), Saki sees Akira there with his yellow bike, and off they go, to Oosugi's horror.

Standing by the water that evening, Saki explains what happened and says she can't go home, since they have done so much for her, and she loves Ryousuke. Akira listens quietly to everything she says, then bends down and kisses her. He walks toward the water and says she can stay with him, that he will look after everything, and then says something about making Japan better. I think he's beginning to want to get with the program. She asks him who he really is. He answers that he doesn't know, but he will probably find out.

Meanwhile, Oosugi has called Kasuga (the plump member of the Eden of the East club) to share the high-class dinner he planned to have with Saki. He gets drunk and falls as he is stumbling home through the streets. We see Diana approaching -- but she is headed, with a secret smile, toward another man standing waiting for her on the other side of the street (I think)....

Hayami Saori scores again, with a brilliant sequence where she is explaining to Akira what happened and her feelings about things. Tremendous voice-control and expressiveness, on the edge of breaking down. Akira's calm and gentle, but masculine, presentation is good, too (by Kimura Ryouhei).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-05-07 at 17:49.
Old 2009-05-07, 15:26   Link #11
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

How long is this series?
isn't it a bit too early for em kissing?
0_o
Old 2009-05-07, 15:41   Link #12
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
How long is this series? isn't it a bit too early for em kissing? 0_o
1. 11 episodes. 2. I don't think so. First, this show is more complicated than that; I still don't totally grasp where he is coming from, and some fairly serious outside events will interfere with or intensify the romance as we go on. Second, who knows what they will get up to in future episodes.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-07, 16:20   Link #13
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
1. 11 episodes. 2. I don't think so. First, this show is more complicated than that; I still don't totally grasp where he is coming from, and some fairly serious outside events will interfere with or intensify the romance as we go on. Second, who knows what they will get up to in future episodes.
Crap only 11 eps...>_<
Old 2009-05-07, 16:25   Link #14
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Crap only 11 eps...>_<
But there's also a movie coming out after the series.
Old 2009-05-07, 16:33   Link #15
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But there's also a movie coming out after the series.
ah, so that means we will be getting a cliffhanger ending then...and the movie will resolve everything?
Old 2009-05-07, 16:46   Link #16
Kazu-kun

Quote:
ah, so that means we will be getting a cliffhanger ending then...and the movie will resolve everything?
We can't be sure, but that's probably right.
Old 2009-05-07, 16:48   Link #17
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

I officially rate this episode second best to the first episode...in my opinion.

I could not stop squealing...and smiling C: but then I felt devasted afterwords.

I dunno what else to say.

Last edited by Starry Dust; 2009-05-07 at 17:01.
Old 2009-05-07, 17:09   Link #18
kari-no-sugata

I wonder if next week we'll see a certain scummy manager hanging by his balls or something, for what he did to Saki. He certainly deserves something.

Given that Akira asked Juiz if she could make the Prime Minster say "uncle" as a test of her powers... well, it could happen. (I think later in the ep they said the PM's ratings had gone up 10% or something, lol).

Anyway, a big thank you to Akira for what he did do this ep - to help cheer up Saki. Seeing a depressed Saki is rather depressing - to this viewer anyway.
Old 2009-05-07, 17:23   Link #19
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
In these single-episode threads, spoilers aren't necessary for events in the episode. I have made a fool of myself before. I'm used to it. So here is my probably slightly inaccurate summary:

Diana (the blue-haired bombshell) wakes up in her luxurious penthouse, shuffles off her king-size bed (great animation of her body; you can feel the flesh) and realizes there is a bloody fat man tied to a chair across the room. She phones Juiz and says "it seems I've done it again." Juiz arranges for clean-up.

Akira is confused and fed up. He almost throws his Noblesse phone into the ruins, but stops himself in time. A NEET recognizes him and calls him by name (we know for sure now that he is actually Akira, and picked his own passport from the pile) and gets angry at what he did to them, imprisoning them and sending them to Dubai, but ends up saying it was okay, that he was to be married, and what Akira did actually helped him get used to society and gave him a way forward.

Saki is at home, helping at the bakery just before going to her interview. Ryousuke emphasizes again that they will look after her until she finds something she really wants to do. She still wants to escape being a burden on them.

Saki meets Oosugi on the train and agrees very diffidently to go to dinner with him. Oosugi is thrilled.

Akira finally reads Saki's message and realizes she might be worried, so he texts her. But she is on her way to the interview and can't reply. He gets Juiz to help him find where she is.

In her interview, what Saki says about Careless Monday (or something else; I didn't understand all of that, either) turns the interviewer off and she is rejected. And devastated. In the cafeteria, she gets a bowl of beef rice spilled on her and in the washroom hears the secretaries laughing about her interview and the spill.

We see the guy from the car in ep1 again, at a military airport, checking #9's accounts and on the phone with Juiz. He is wearing a ruby ring and is Selecao #1. And we see Diana eating steak and interviewing prospective models for her agency. She thinks she will probably do it again tonight, and smiles. She notices Akira's new expense for finding Saki and wonders with a smile what #1 will do.

Coming out of the building from her interview, with Oosugi approaching (she doesn't see him), Saki sees Akira there with his yellow bike, and off they go, to Oosugi's horror.

Standing by the water that evening, Saki explains what happened and says she can't go home, since they have done so much for her, and she loves Ryousuke. Akira listens quietly to everything she says, then bends down and kisses her. He walks toward the water and says she can stay with him, that he will look after everything, and then says something about making Japan better. I think he's beginning to want to get with the program. She asks him who he really is. He answers that he doesn't know, but he will probably find out.

Meanwhile, Oosugi has called Kasuga (the plump member of the Eden of the East club) to share the high-class dinner he planned to have with Saki. He gets drunk and falls as he is stumbling home through the streets. We see Diana approaching -- but she is headed, with a secret smile, toward another man standing waiting for her on the other side of the street (I think)....

Hayami Saori scores again, with a brilliant sequence where she is explaining to Akira what happened and her feelings about things. Tremendous voice-control and expressiveness, on the edge of breaking down. Akira's calm and gentle, but masculine, presentation is good, too (by Kimura Ryouhei).

yeah this sounds about right.

The interviewer of saki never planned to hire her from the beginning because he knew she wasnt so serious about the job taking a trip outside japan and also because she canceled the 1st scheduled interview. He told her to come to lunch but flaked on her. She waits an hour and has donburi spilled on her purposefully to get her to leave.

this was a great episode, and a great turn around from the last one.
Old 2009-05-07, 17:28   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I wonder if next week we'll see a certain scummy manager hanging by his balls or something, for what he did to Saki. He certainly deserves something.

Given that Akira asked Juiz if she could make the Prime Minster say "uncle" as a test of her powers... well, it could happen. (I think later in the ep they said the PM's ratings had gone up 10% or something, lol)....
We'll only see him in such a pose if he crosses paths with Diana, lol.

The cellphone accounts said it cost Akira only Y60 to get the PM to say "gyafun." (I guess that means "uncle", like "I give up"?) But it cost him Y220,000 to trace Saki's whereabouts.

And thanks for the extra info, hamstar.
Closed Thread