AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-22, 03:13   Link #321
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
hmm...
seems like this thread's dead already...
anyways...
since it's the holidays here's a freebie sig of everyone's favorite trap...
Actually, that's not Jun; different colour eyes (Jun has purple eyes) and a different artstyle. Maybe it's like a distant relative or something. (I recognize the artstyle, but not sure where it's from.)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 05:09   Link #322
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Actually, that's not Jun; different colour eyes (Jun has purple eyes) and a different artstyle. Maybe it's like a distant relative or something. (I recognize the artstyle, but not sure where it's from.)
ohh..
i just grabbed it from danbooru and it was labeled jun...
it just goes to show that i haven't watched happiness yet... XD
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 17:15   Link #323
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Resurrectting the thread with alittle help from Jun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekomagic
Solid Theater is going to release the 4-Hearts series Watarase Jun ( 渡良瀬準 ) 1/6 PVC figure from the eroge/anime “Happiness!” ( はぴねす! ) published by Windmill. Will be released in August 2009, around 145mm tall, price unknown.
Spoiler for NSFW Jun?:

Credit: Nekomagic

Now if only another OVA would come out...*cough*

Between this and Mariya's Dakimakura though it seems to be a good year for trap merchandise...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 17:19   Link #324
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Resurrectting the thread with alittle help from Jun.

Spoiler for NSFW Jun?:

Credit: Nekomagic

Now if only another OVA would come out...*cough*

Between this and Mariya's Dakimakura though it seems to be a good year for trap merchandise...
D-Do want! He deserves his own series, not a single OVA.
Also that old signature it's actually Reisen from the Touhou series.
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 19:15   Link #325
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
That's Reisen Udongein Inaba, from Touhou.

Old 2009-07-05, 06:15   Link #326
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Another series now made available on Crunchyroll, Happiness.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 03:05   Link #327
npcomplete

looks like they did not get the OVA though..
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 01:35   Link #328
Dop
Mmmm....

You know, I get the idea that without Jun Watarase nobody would remember this series ever existed at all!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 02:12   Link #329
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
You know, I get the idea that without Jun Watarase nobody would remember this series ever existed at all!
This is one thing I don't get about this series. I mean there are heaps of traps out there but noone makes a big fuss about them.
Why is Jun so much more popular than the others?
Old 2009-07-07, 02:47   Link #330
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Why is "Jun-sama" so popular you say? If you have seen the OVA then you wouldn't be asking this question!
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 05:17   Link #331
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
This is one thing I don't get about this series. I mean there are heaps of traps out there but noone makes a big fuss about them.
Why is Jun so much more popular than the others?
That's like saying "There are heaps of shounen manga out there, what makes Naruto so popular?" Sometimes series or characters just get more popular, and there's no real reason behind it.

For me, Jun is the queen of traps because unlike a lot of other traps, which are 'secret traps' so to say (think Otome was Boku and Shugo Chara and the like, traps that hide their true gender) Jun doesn't bother to hide the fact that he's a guy. And yet you still can't help but love him.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 16:59   Link #332
B2-Lancer

I just discovered this anime and I'm wondering, since it was first a game novel, just how different if any is the Jun in the game from the anime one (or manga if available)? Thanx!
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 19:12   Link #333
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
I just discovered this anime and I'm wondering, since it was first a game novel, just how different if any is the Jun in the game from the anime one (or manga if available)? Thanx!
It's been a while since I've played the game or watched the anime, but Jun is Jun. He is as flirtatiously and feminine a male character in the game as in the anime. In the Happiness Fandisk game, he even has a romance path with Yuuma that covers his backstory in a bit more detail. So I wouldn't necessarily say he's very different in one or the other.
Old 2010-03-31, 21:50   Link #334
B2-Lancer

Quote:
It's been a while since I've played the game or watched the anime, but Jun is Jun. He is as flirtatiously and feminine a male character in the game as in the anime. In the Happiness Fandisk game, he even has a romance path with Yuuma that covers his backstory in a bit more detail. So I wouldn't necessarily say he's very different in one or the other.
Thanxs for answering! I did a quick Yahoo and came up with hits that say that fandisk is a H game too. If they treat Jun like any other chick I'd like to check it out but it's even harder to find the fandisk than Happiness light novel which I still ain't got, just this bad art manga! :/. I heard Crunchyroll censors its animes and Happiness ep 6 on UTube lost half its sound and there's no english sub past 6 either! Too bad I never knew bout this anime long ago so I'll go Google again for uncut eps and novels. Thanxs for answering!
Old 2010-03-31, 22:22   Link #335
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I heard Crunchyroll censors its animes and Happiness ep 6 on UTube lost half its sound and there's no english sub past 6 either!
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I don't think there's much to censor in the Happiness anime. I think you'd be fine checking out the episodes on Crunchyroll. In fact, I don't think Crunchyroll itself censors anime, only that some of the shows they were provided were given to them censored by the Japanese companies. So anyway, I think that would be a fine way to watch the rest of the show.

Of course, there also appears to be an option on our very own site that might be of interest to you.
Old 2010-04-03, 18:59   Link #336
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I don't think there's much to censor in the Happiness anime. I think you'd be fine checking out the episodes on Crunchyroll. In fact, I don't think Crunchyroll itself censors anime, only that some of the shows they were provided were given to them censored by the Japanese companies. So anyway, I think that would be a fine way to watch the rest of the show.

Of course, there also appears to be an option on our very own site that might be of interest to you.
Thanks! Your suggestions prompted me to do some deep Googling and using your generous link I've found the full complete uncut series including the OVA. The only thing I can't find are translated transcripts of the fandisk or light novel because I'm very interested in learning about Ibuki and Jun's background.

Jun's an interesting character study because (to me) throughout the series it's not certain whether Jun's transvestite or transgender till the OVA where he/she cries that she/he had been "trying to be a girl" for a long time and professes the desire to marry Yuuma, So I guess Jun's really been a chick in heart and spirit, which feels a little more comfortable for the old male ego. Also, be interesting to know whether the series was cut off before they had a chance to develop Jun into a kind of p/t magical girl, which the OVA seems to go out of the way setting Jun up as.

It'd be interesting to know whether Happiness! ever made it as a live show!
Old 2010-04-03, 20:21   Link #337
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Jun's an interesting character study because (to me) throughout the series it's not certain whether Jun's transvestite or transgender till the OVA where he/she cries that she/he had been "trying to be a girl" for a long time and professes the desire to marry Yuuma, So I guess Jun's really been a chick in heart and spirit, which feels a little more comfortable for the old male ego. Also, be interesting to know whether the series was cut off before they had a chance to develop Jun into a kind of p/t magical girl, which the OVA seems to go out of the way setting Jun up as.
Well, it certainly wasn't that the series was "cut off" in any sense -- it was always planned for 12 episodes with the one OVA episode that was included with the PS2 game. The OVA is a bit of an omake episode; I guess you could say it's a sort of fanservice for the hardcore fans. This is also the sort of plot that got explored in the Happiness! fandisk.

Quote:
It'd be interesting to know whether Happiness! ever made it as a live show!
Nah -- it's not a show that has quite that much mainstream appeal.
Old 2010-04-08, 17:58   Link #338
B2-Lancer

Quote:
The OVA is a bit of an omake episode; I guess you could say it's a sort of fanservice for the hardcore fans. This is also the sort of plot that got explored in the Happiness! fandisk.
That's interesting! Would you know whether Jun ends up a magical girl on the fandisk too? I'm hunting for at least a plot/transcript summary of that disk that I might be able to translate via Google. Heck, I'd settle for fanon if it has any post-show goodies.

Tags
artland, bishoujo, comedy, drama, romance, seinen, supernatural, windmill