AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-06-02, 14:09   Link #31041
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Dusk

Red 1-25

Red 26

Red 27

Red 28

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Red 29:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 15:14   Link #31042
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Dusk

Red 1-25

Red 26

Red 27

Red 28

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Red 29:
And Yuuno has finally snapped, well it was bound to happen sooner or later what with the direction this timeline seems to be heading in. Probably a good thing it's now and not in a few years time... or with more people... or if he had his device with him... or if-, y'know it could be worse?

A=cup Angst Nanoha is adorable, it seems nearly everybody is turning into mini-Hayates these days. You can really see her mother in her, although a good bit of Shiro is really noticable in these situations, after all the house is still standing.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 17:15   Link #31043
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
This is a sequel to “You Never Lose By Loving”/ “Lose By Holding Back”, from both popular demand and also from the plot bunny refusing to hibernate and leave me alone .

Prerogative of the Brave

“A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave."
--Mahatma Gandhi

Spoiler for Prerogative of the Brave, Chapter 1:

Spoiler for Author's Note:

EDIT: Altered some honorifics. Thanks RD!

Last edited by deathcurse; 2011-06-02 at 17:54.
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 17:24   Link #31044
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And I'm still chuckling from reading this, even while I type this out.

But, not to nit-pick or anything, but doesn't Arisa usually call people by their name without honorifics? I don't ever recall her calling the others with them.
Old 2011-06-02, 17:27   Link #31045
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And I'm still chuckling from reading this, even while I type this out.

But, not to nit-pick or anything, but doesn't Arisa usually call people by their name without honorifics? I don't ever recall her calling the others with them.
I wondered about that , since I had rewatched some of the first season to refresh my memory on their speaking styles. I had originally had Arisa use "-chan" as well to unsubtly point out how she doesn't use it for Suzuka....hm, for the sake of correctness, do you think I should edit it? =O
Old 2011-06-02, 17:33   Link #31046
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It just seemed a bit odd to me--Arisa never used honorifics in the series (unless she did in the Sound Stages), even as they got older. Arisa called Nanoha "Nanoha" in the A's epilogue, while Suzuka called her "Nanoha-chan." But ultimately its up to you.
Old 2011-06-02, 17:39   Link #31047
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
I wondered about that , since I had rewatched some of the first season to refresh my memory on their speaking styles. I had originally had Arisa use "-chan" as well to unsubtly point out how she doesn't use it for Suzuka....hm, for the sake of correctness, do you think I should edit it? =O
You did say she's mellowed out over the years, so maybe she picked up a more Japanese speaking register... Suzuka's influence maybe.

That was hilarious though, Hayate has absolutely no chance at all of getting back to Cranagan in the same state she left in. That was really evil of Nanoha, funny, karmic and rightfully deserved but still evil.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 17:55   Link #31048
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It just seemed a bit odd to me--Arisa never used honorifics in the series (unless she did in the Sound Stages), even as they got older. Arisa called Nanoha "Nanoha" in the A's epilogue, while Suzuka called her "Nanoha-chan." But ultimately its up to you.
Ah, okay, noted. I edited out the honorifics ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
That was hilarious though, Hayate has absolutely no chance at all of getting back to Cranagan in the same state she left in. That was really evil of Nanoha, funny, karmic and rightfully deserved but still evil.
Hehe, I'm glad you enjoyed it . It's finally Nanoha's turn in fandom to be the wicked matchmaker!
Old 2011-06-02, 18:34   Link #31049
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Should Nanoha really be trying to hook up her daughter with her childhood friend that is 13 years older? Shouldn't she be against it instead?
Old 2011-06-02, 18:37   Link #31050
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

better with a friend than with some of those hideous "men".

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 18:42   Link #31051
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Kinda hope that isn't the case =/ When I paired Vivio with Yuuno I wrote the other characters as accepting of it but people in this thread were quick to tell me that they should be against the idea. Should the reaction be negative only because it's a guy-girl pairing? Does yuri make everything fine? Again, I hope such a double standard isn't in place
Old 2011-06-02, 18:46   Link #31052
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Wow, calm down, i was just joking xDU

Actually i didn't look quite right at Vivio in a relationship with neither Hayate or Yuuno because of the age difference, i guess it's because of how i'm raised that such a large age gap in a couple(specially if one of them is still a child) looks unfitting to me.

A bit ironic tough, because i'm a fan of Sesshomaru x Rin(both from Inuyasha) but usually in a settling where Sesshomaru actually wait till she grows up into a woman(after all the guy is a seemingly immortal youkai so the wait must be cake for him).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 18:47   Link #31053
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Some of Nanoha and Fate's thoughts will be addressed in the next chapter. But to leak some things ahead of time, I see Nanoha's concern being her daughter's emotional well-being. She respects Vivio's maturity, and so her goal is to make sure that Vivio's feelings are respected. Whether it is Hayate, or Yuuno, or a guy or a girl, doesn't matter as much . Of course it isn't as simple as just that, but that's what I see as Nanoha's main motivation.
Old 2011-06-02, 18:57   Link #31054
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Wow, calm down, i was just joking xDU

Actually i didn't look quite right at Vivio in a relationship with neither Hayate or Yuuno because of the age difference, i guess it's because of how i'm raised that such a large age gap in a couple(specially if one of them is still a child) looks unfitting to me.
I am calm. Just asking to the nature of the discrepency *shrug* Though like everyone I do get slightly annoyed when I percieve I'm on the short end of a double standard.

Normally I just prefer a younger girl crushing on an older guy and nothing more. I think it's cute. It can get kinda creepy if it's reciprocal but I took a chance with it anyways. It was a failure, but hey, I took a chance.
Old 2011-06-02, 19:15   Link #31055
Shigan
Forever a Journey

I duck out for a work project of hell for a few weeks and you guys sets off a whole new pairing trend? Very well .

deathcurse: That was fun. Way, way fun. Hayate do need some loving, and heh, I just don't see this suitor backing off, not even under the threat of Vita's hammer. Loved the scene when she hands Hayate the rose, that's the true Takamachi spirit for sure! Haha! I'll be looking forward to this very much indeed. ^_^

Now, I shall gobble aspirin!
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 19:17   Link #31056
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Normally I just prefer a younger girl crushing on an older guy and nothing more. I think it's cute. It can get kinda creepy if it's reciprocal but I took a chance with it anyways. It was a failure, but hey, I took a chance.
Large age gaps normally creep me out, whether it's between two girls or a guy and a girl (or two guys). There's too much potential abuse of power in a situation like that , and the unfortunate thing is that more cases shown in literature and media involve an older man and a younger girl than between two people of the same gender (with most stories based on heteronormative societies, it's to be expected).

Which is why this new series is really an interesting mind-screw for me, to try and justify something that I normally find disturbing . I definitely think that large age gap relationships can work out, even if I'm not fond of them myself. So the trick here is to try and come up with a story that will convince me that Hayate and Vivio is possible and believable , and that's what I'm more concerned about. If I'm lucky, then I can convince other people too.

Failure is a pretty likely option, but meh, it's an interesting challenge nonetheless ^^.

EDIT: Ninja'd! XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
I duck out for a work project of hell for a few weeks and you guys sets off a whole new pairing trend? Very well .

deathcurse: That was fun. Way, way fun. Hayate do need some loving, and heh, I just don't see this suitor backing off, not even under the threat of Vita's hammer. Loved the scene when she hands Hayate the rose, that's the true Takamachi spirit for sure! Haha! I'll be looking forward to this very much indeed. ^_^

Now, I shall gobble aspirin!
LOL, it's not causing as much controversy as I initially dreaded .

Thanks! Oh man, I hadn't even thought about the Wolkies' reaction to all this yet XD...
Old 2011-06-02, 19:40   Link #31057
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Controversy? I love the idea! (Vivio -is- legal here, isn't she? o_o)

What could truly knock a shrewd, tactical, pragmatic mastermind-type character like Hayate off her feet better than the unyielding, uncompromising, sky-razing energy of a Takamachi? And since Takamachi the senior is pretty much hogged, well, go Vivio! =D

Well, if you want to make it overtly romantic, you could have the wolkenritter challenge Vivio and her clan (namely, Fate + Nanoha) according to some ancient Belkan tradition in combat over the right to court their mistress or something. Hayate's O__o reaction would be nothing short of priceless.

Otherwise, I can understand how this could be controversial, I'm usually not a huge fan of big age-gap couplings myself but you made such an excellent premise so I'll just sit back and let you take us away, and perhaps do a little writing on my own between your chapters .
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 19:46   Link #31058
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
more cases shown in literature and media involve an older man and a younger girl than between two people of the same gender (with most stories based on heteronormative societies, it's to be expected).
It's also a scientific thing. Studies show that men prefer younger girls due to maximum child bearing potential, while women prefer older men for the stability and security.

Quote:
Which is why this new series is really an interesting mind-screw for me, to try and justify something that I normally find disturbing . I definitely think that large age gap relationships can work out, even if I'm not fond of them myself. So the trick here is to try and come up with a story that will convince me that Hayate and Vivio is possible and believable , and that's what I'm more concerned about. If I'm lucky, then I can convince other people too.

Failure is a pretty likely option, but meh, it's an interesting challenge nonetheless ^^.
That's more or less what my mentality was when I started Vivio/Yuuno. Also like here everyone was pretty receptive of the idea at first, but unfortunately I disappointed them all.

I bet you a fic that you'll have more success.
Old 2011-06-02, 19:46   Link #31059
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Again, I hope such a double standard isn't in place
Speaking of double standards, there's something that has been bugging me for a while: Why must the child of a yuri pairing be female? (And before someone points this out, Erio and Caro are Fate's children, not NanoFate)

Take one of the recent NanoFate fic for example. It's a good fic (though sugary romance is just not my cup of tea) but if IIRC later in the story the pair gained another child (I forgot how. Magic, probably) whose gender is...well whaddaya know, female. Then I remembered this is not the first yuri story I read where the pair was gifted with a daughter and I have yet to read a yuri fic where the pair has a son, so...

Did I just read not enough yuri story to find any example of the latter, or is giving a daughter for a yuri pairing really a trend? And if true, why?

...don't tell me it's something like "a boy would destroy the *ahem* purity of the couple" argument?
Old 2011-06-02, 19:50   Link #31060
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Speaking of double standards, there's something that has been bugging me for a while: Why must the child of a yuri pairing be female? (And before someone points this out, Erio and Caro are Fate's children, not NanoFate)

Take one of the recent NanoFate fic for example. It's a good fic (though sugary romance is just not my cup of tea) but if IIRC later in the story the pair gained another child (I forgot how. Magic, probably) whose gender is...well whaddaya know, female. Then I remembered this is not the first yuri story I read where the pair was gifted with a daughter and I have yet to read a yuri fic where the pair has a son, so...

Did I just read not enough yuri story to find any example of the latter, or is giving a daughter for a yuri pairing really a trend? And if true, why?

...don't tell me it's something like "a boy would destroy the *ahem* purity of the couple" argument?
If I go by the attitudes of certain NanoFate fans...

Boys are icky.

Plus, as one person said (and I won't mention names here, you know who you are) "Yuuno and Chrono get as much love as they need in canon, which is none."

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha