AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-27, 21:26   Link #24841
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Mhh, still hasn't dawned to the mainstream that the 21st century generation will do worse in economical terms than previous USA generations.
''Will do'' worse ?
I though than it was already the case, no?
Old 2012-11-27, 21:48   Link #24842
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
''Will do'' worse ?
I though than it was already the case, no?
I mean a whole generation, not a few bad years or just a decade.

"A generation lost in space with no time left to start again"
Old 2012-11-28, 03:40   Link #24843
PzIVf3

China defence chief says military buildup no threat to the world

BEIJING (Reuters) - China's military buildup poses no threat to the world, Defence Minister Liang Guanglie said on Tuesday, in an effort to allay fears among Asian neighbours amid long-running maritime disputes.

Full article
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/china-defen...082130177.html

This is the lesson learn what did the Japanese from pre-wwII. Most Asian country are fully aware and buy loads of military equipment and upgrades.
Old 2012-11-28, 04:04   Link #24844
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post

BEIJING (Reuters) - China's military buildup poses no threat to the world, Defence Minister Liang Guanglie said on Tuesday, in an effort to allay fears among Asian neighbours amid long-running maritime disputes.

Full article

This is the lesson learn what did the Japanese from pre-wwII. Most Asian country are fully aware and buy loads of military equipment and upgrades.
Philippines and Malaysia aren't buying the right ones though. They need more AA, ASW and WORKING submarines.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-11-28, 04:11   Link #24845
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It seems the Japanese might be of help with the locals on the submarine front. For AA it will likely have to be the Americans with Air Superiority Fighters as well as missiles.
Old 2012-11-28, 09:28   Link #24846
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I tried to find the same new from a English site but I failed.
Dans une école texane, c'est la puce ou la porte ( In a texas school, it's the chip or dismissal)
http://www.lapresse.ca/international...0_accueil_POS2
That chip isn't even for security but for getting more public fund.
Old 2012-11-28, 11:12   Link #24847
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
"Privatizing the government" has been 'job one' of Bush+GOP since 2000. And by privatizing, I mean transferring wealth from the tax coffers to buddies of the Bush family and their cohorts. Every agency and government service has been damaged from it. That's why I said back in 2008 that it would take 8-16 years to fix the 2000-2008 raid on the US citizenry.

They would outsource vast sums of money to private hands and then destroy or corrupt the ability to conduct oversight and accountability. Half the problems of the FDA and the Agriculture department stem from that.

..... do you have any verifiable FACTS on this?
Old 2012-11-28, 11:41   Link #24848
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post

Full article

Still trying, eh? No one will ever buy that load of rubbish and this was more or less what the Nazis said in 1938-1939.

About submarines, I must admit I'm still amazed that diesel subs are still useful as the more silent ones considering how much money the Americans and the Russians invested in nuclear subs as far back as I can remember.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2012-11-28 at 12:01.
Old 2012-11-28, 12:02   Link #24849
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
About submarines, I must admit I'm still amazed that diesel subs are still useful as the more silent ones considering how much the Americans and the Russians invested in nuclear subs as far back as I can remember.
Running a nuclear reactor do make some noise, mch more than a electric motor and batteries. But of course a diesel motor produce much more than both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
..... do you have any verifiable FACTS on this?
Remember all the ''rebuilding Irak'' thing, the millions( if not billions) than made Halliburton out of it.
Old 2012-11-28, 12:47   Link #24850
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Still trying, eh? No one will ever buy that load of rubbish and this was more or less what the Nazis said in 1938-1939.

About submarines, I must admit I'm still amazed that diesel subs are still useful as the more silent ones considering how much money the Americans and the Russians invested in nuclear subs as far back as I can remember.
Umm...a diesel electric boat is quieter than a nuclear sub
Old 2012-11-28, 12:59   Link #24851
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Japanese are even talking about exporting "stealth" diesel submarines to allied Asian countries to counter the Chinese naval expansion.

Nuclear's advantage is that it can stay on station for long periods of time without refueling. Very useful for ballistic missile subs and the attack subs that hunt them. Not as useful for local defense work and patrols.
Old 2012-11-28, 13:22   Link #24852
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

there are times when i agree that maybe the Death Penalty isn't a good idea

then a case like this make me think otherwise

Quote:
Christopher Vaughn wanted to live in perfect freedom in the Canadian wilderness, prosecutors said, but instead he will spend the rest of his life in prison after a Will County judge sentenced him to four consecutive life terms Tuesday for the murders of Vaughn's wife and three children.
The sentence — a foregone conclusion under Illinois law — came after Kimberly Vaughn's mother and identical twin sister read statements detailing the devastation the family has suffered, her mother in a matter-of-fact tone and her sister in tears. Prosecutors have said Christopher Vaughn dreamed of leaving his dull suburban life and decided to kill his family and embark on a survivalist sojourn in the Yukon.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2259102.story
personally if all the state is going to impose is a life sentence, i think the state should give him what he wants. Put him on a island in the middle of nowhere and let him starve to death.
Old 2012-11-28, 13:32   Link #24853
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The Japanese are even talking about exporting "stealth" diesel submarines to allied Asian countries to counter the Chinese naval expansion.

Nuclear's advantage is that it can stay on station for long periods of time without refueling. Very useful for ballistic missile subs and the attack subs that hunt them. Not as useful for local defense work and patrols.
A diesel sub is only good for interdiction of smaller sea vehicles like patrol boats and lightweight destroyers (which are usually used in defensive "fire support" missions). It is also good for stalking frigates which are usually the "radar guidance stations" of combat fleets, and if needed, sink them to "take the scope out of the admiral's sniper rifle".

Anything bigger than an LST (maybe medium destroyers like the Arlegih Burke class which has more armor than conventional destoyers) would simply be "marooned" because they can't carry the heavier torpedoes which are often used to make clean kills out of ships and hole carriers.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-11-28, 13:35   Link #24854
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Toronto plastic bag ban upheld

Quote:
In another blow to Mayor Rob Ford, city council has voted not to reconsider its June decision to ban plastic bags as of Jan. 1.

Ford had urged the public to lobby their councillors to keep the bags. But Councillor David Shiner, the architect of the ban, said he only received eight calls.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/arti...bag-ban-upheld

Old 2012-11-28, 17:07   Link #24855
flying ^

The world's most viewed internet video of all time gets thoroughly decontructed.....
Old 2012-11-28, 17:15   Link #24856
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Britain ready to back Palestinian statehood at UN

Quote:
Britain is prepared to back a key vote recognising Palestinian statehood at the United Nations if Mahmoud Abbas pledges not to pursue Israel for war crimes and to resume peace talks.

Abbas, president of the Palestinian Authority, has called for Britain's backing in part because of its historic responsibility for Palestine. The government has previously refused, citing strong US and Israeli objections and fears of long-term damage to prospects for negotiations.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ood?CMP=twt_gu

Old 2012-11-28, 17:27   Link #24857
flying ^

^

... but what kind of "palestine" state they will vote on?

Here are some templates to consider:

A state with no control over its territory.
The Palestinian Authority has zero authority in Gaza today. Out of concern for his personal safety, President Abbas has not even seen this area with binoculars since 2007, when the Hamas terrorist organization seized control of it in a bloody coup. Demonstrating their affection for Mr. Abbas, Hamas threw members of his political party off 12-story rooftops. While members of the U.S. Congress visit their constituents on a weekly basis, President Abbas hasn't laid eyes on almost half of the Palestinian population for six years.

A terrorist state.
States recognized by the U.N. must pledge to be "peace-loving." This month, Hamas showed its commitment to peace and love in Gaza by firing more than 1,200 rockets into Israeli cities. The terrorist group has used every resource at its disposal to repress its own population or attack Israel's. It has transformed Gaza into a haven for global jihadist organizations like al Qaeda. The family of nations does not need another member whose primary import is deadly weapons and whose chief exports are extremism, hatred and terror.

An undemocratic state.
Hamas has imposed brutal tyranny in Gaza, and Palestinian democracy in the West Bank is also far from Jeffersonian. President Abbas's mandate to rule expired three years ago. He continues to personally extend it without elections or consultation from his people. Mr. Abbas may have a flexible view of his own term limits, but his ideas about freedom of speech are more rigid. Journalists, bloggers and activists continue to be jailed and tortured in the West Bank for crimes such as "extending their tongues against the Palestinian President."

A bankrupt state.
Palestinian Authority institutions remain completely dependent on foreign aid, limping from crisis to crisis. Yet this year, as the PA threatened to delay payroll for many employees, it tripled payments to convicted terrorists. Today the PA devotes 6% of its annual budget to payments for imprisoned terrorists and the families of suicide bombers, and less than 1% to higher education. In mosques, schools and official media, the PA glorifies terror and promotes incitement against Israelis. Instead of using their budgets for nation-building, they use them for nation-sinking.
Old 2012-11-28, 17:28   Link #24858
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well. You can "legally" declare war on a recognized country if they keep throwing rockets and missiles into your cities.
Old 2012-11-28, 18:24   Link #24859
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
A diesel sub is only good for interdiction of smaller sea vehicles like patrol boats and lightweight destroyers (which are usually used in defensive "fire support" missions). It is also good for stalking frigates which are usually the "radar guidance stations" of combat fleets, and if needed, sink them to "take the scope out of the admiral's sniper rifle".

Anything bigger than an LST (maybe medium destroyers like the Arlegih Burke class which has more armor than conventional destoyers) would simply be "marooned" because they can't carry the heavier torpedoes which are often used to make clean kills out of ships and hole carriers.
Not...true...Example, the Type 89 torpedoes carried by Soryu class are in same class as Mark 48.

You need multiple hits at key spots to sink a carrier but it's possible. Torpedoes utilize the upwards pressure from the water column to aid in breaking the target after all.
Old 2012-11-28, 19:18   Link #24860
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Philippines and Malaysia aren't buying the right ones though. They need more AA, ASW and WORKING submarines.
British is selling 18 Eurotyphoon to Royal Malaysian Airforce but I know there company have bribery business.

For the Philippines...i know they have limited budget. They should least buying 12 Gripen with Aesa radar and a bunch of anti-ship missile. Yes i agree they need a diesel engine submarine operating in the shallow sea.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international