AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-08, 15:26   Link #1121
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Her guilt about killing him afterwards was seriously so debilitating that she'd kill 5 billion people over it?
Kimmijima is also controlling Misa. To go over what your saying, her guilt about killing him afterwards was seriously so debilitating that he was able to get into her and control her. Almost like how he control Airi.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 21:58   Link #1122
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So that's how tings happened. So looking out for Aki and Kai backfired on her. Like how everyone showed up to help, even Subaru's father. Frau's reaction to real Airi was great. Wonder what report 0 says.
Old 2013-03-09, 00:12   Link #1123
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I knew that Misaki was not the real baddie here.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 01:43   Link #1124
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

one mystery left then

where that bunch of monopoles come from?

and glad that gejine is not just Kimijima Kou personality took over of Airi personality
Old 2013-03-09, 10:28   Link #1125
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Gotta love it when the troops get rallied lol. So the first few scenes from episode 1 are really gonna happen, it seems. But this is a robot that's gonna actually fight and shit? holy mother, I can't wait for that.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 12:43   Link #1126
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Kimmijima is also controlling Misa. To go over what your saying, her guilt about killing him afterwards was seriously so debilitating that he was able to get into her and control her. Almost like how he control Airi.
You know that makes no sense right? This whole plot is so ridiculous.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 12:52   Link #1127
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Hahaha. It does to me. It's the same people who conceived a plot where people can create illusions through thoughts alone.

Last edited by kakakka; 2013-03-09 at 13:20.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 16:10   Link #1128
Dr. Casey

Quote:
excellent contribution Jarmel, thank you for your reasoned argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner
The whole story about Misa and Kimmijima Kou was absolutely preposterous. How the hell did she discover his activities on the anemone?

Her guilt about killing him afterwards was seriously so debilitating that she'd kill 5 billion people over it?

Airi was getting mind controlled by what exactly?
There's certainly some gaps that need filling in; I also wonder how she discovered what he was up to on the Anemone. Given how detailed Visual Novels tend to be, this is something that I assume was elaborated upon more in the original story... hopefully there'll be some kind of explanation in the anime as well in the upcoming last two episodes.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 21:33   Link #1129
Eater of All
NOM

Isn't Kimijima controlling Misaki by mindscrewing/threatening her 24-7? No sane person can withstand a harassment like that for more than a few weeks (or days); it's not very easy to oppose someone who can appear anywhere at anytime and spread whatever information he wants.

And now that she has the power suit on, she is literally under his direct control.
Old 2013-03-09, 22:01   Link #1130
Dawnstorm

Aki's speech. It's exactly the sort of thing that normally makes me roll my eyes. And the content of it still does, but - surprisingly - during that speech I finally understood the show. She asks Kimijima whether her sister still likes robots, and - after finding out she does - launches into her speech. Robots are our bond. So far, everything as expected, but as she elaborates I start to understand things...

The key line: if we treat robots well, they will help us. Put that into the context of "robots are our bonds" and it becomes, if we work together, things will be all right. Cheesy, yes, but that's always been the case with Aki's optimism.

Now what does that mean for robots? Remember how Aki insisted that the robot needs a face? I thought that was so silly, but now I get it: the robot's a physical metaphor for what's right between people. It may be clunky and cheesy, the human form may be sub-optimal for combat, but it just has to look like that. Robots aren't people. Robots can only do what we tell them to. But if they look like people, and if we treat them like people, we don't forget our own kindness, and our own bonds. It's been there under my nose all through the series, but I didn't get it. Aki seems far less air-headed and stubborn now. I still roll my eyes at her optimism, and I still cringe at the speech, but I understand her much better now.

The real kicker, though, is that this speech occurs at the worst possible moment. You're being threatened with a weapon, and you launch into this speech? Really? So who is it who aims a gun at you? Airi. Controlled by Kimijima. Let me spell it out: Aki launches into a speech about how everything will be all right if we treat robots like people, while Kimijima Kou is treating Airi like a robot.

I have to admit that I was disappointed that Kimijima was such a cheesy villain in the end, but he had to be. He'll never get that speech as long as he just controlls other people. It's written deeply into the core of the story. Basically, Aki has an expanded notion of what counts as people (robots - metaphorically - count), while Kimijima has an extended notion of what counts as a robot (people, as long as they serve him). It's brilliant.

Oh, and finally: Who is Kou? His body's dead, and the upload was incomplete, yet functional. The question is: what is left behind? Is the Kimijima Kou who set up the reports the same Kimijima Kou we "see" now? Basically, Kimijima is a disembodied consciouness and relies on "robots" (whether machines or people) to do things.

World domination? The entire world a giant robot for Kimijima to inhabit? Someone incomplete, who will never be complete again, because he doesn't understand Aki's speech.

It's incredibly cheesy, but everything in the show - a cardboard face on a robot, robot rebellions, IRO-Q illusions, malfunctioning exoskeletons, Aki's and Kai's conditions - contributes to that theme. It's hard to express, and I'm sure I'm rambling here, but that's about what was going through my mind during and after the speech.

One final question: That parrot! Robot or bird? (I hope, for the sake of the show, that it's a robot.)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 02:30   Link #1131
Gundamx

Quote:
Have you watched Chaos;head & Steins;Gate?
(Illusion technology from Chaos;head.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 05:18   Link #1132
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Have you watched Chaos;head & Steins;Gate?
(Illusion technology from Chaos;head.)
It was obvious on what he said that he DIDN'T watch C;H. You know why? Because someone who watched C;H and R;N WOULD say...

"Well at least he didn't give away EVERYTHING without PROPER explanation 3 to 4 episodes into the Climax like C;H. >.> "
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 11:47   Link #1133
desrtsku
Nympholept

Spoiler for Ep 21:
Old 2013-03-14, 11:48   Link #1134
bastek66

Nice
Spoiler for :3:
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 16:04   Link #1135
Algent

First time in a while a raw (2GB ) is out before French Simulcast. I still waited for it, subs help a lot for me .

Spoiler for R;N 21:
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 17:22   Link #1136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 21:
Old 2013-03-14, 17:32   Link #1137
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
It was obvious on what he said that he DIDN'T watch C;H. You know why? Because someone who watched C;H and R;N WOULD say...

"Well at least he didn't give away EVERYTHING without PROPER explanation 3 to 4 episodes into the Climax like C;H. >.> "
I watched it, it and didn't think that the illusion would come from Chaos;Head either...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 20:27   Link #1138
jte742

Spoiler for episode 21:
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 21:39   Link #1139
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 21:
Old 2013-03-14, 21:59   Link #1140
Ghanw
(-_-)

I know this may be a really late but what was Steins Gate Steins number, because if i remember correctly Robotics Notes is in timeline ~1.0436... so is that the same as the Steins Gate timeline? This may have been already gone over as people said they are in the same timeline but i just got back to the anime and dont remember, as i am going to marathon it today.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction