Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-10-14, 13:41   Link #41
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Hmm...

Hajime no Ippo - yeah I wanna see some real live boxing in this style, preferably Makunochi vs Miyata. I love Takamura, so I wanna see some of his antics in real life.

Wolf's Rain - great story and great characters. No question!

Area 88 - think of it as Japanese Top Gun, and I love Top Gun.

Haibane Renmei - I'm just thinking, might work.
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 14:18   Link #42
hideFan

Haruhi - It would just work.

KareKano
- This would allow them to keep the story going without having too many review episodes.

Ushio and Tora - Ok that one's just for my entertainment XD
hideFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 14:42   Link #43
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Cromartie High School It would be Win X'D

I agree Haruhi and Wolfs rain would make awesome Real action movies...
Old 2007-10-14, 15:01   Link #44
GT4md
(Karagiozo Pextis)

Afro Samurai
Bleach
Rurouni Kenshin
Hellsing
Serial Experiments Lain (i realy want this)
GT4md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 15:50   Link #45
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

ouran high school host club
Code Geass
Nagasarete Airantou
If The Three Of become a live action movie
That would be awesome with no question
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 15:53   Link #46
hideFan

I think both Higurashi and School Days would make amazing movies, but due to the recent happenings, I doubt they ever get movies unless the characters ages are changed =(
Old 2007-10-14, 19:41   Link #47
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideFan View Post
I think both Higurashi and School Days would make amazing movies, but due to the recent happenings, I doubt they ever get movies unless the characters ages are changed =(
Higurashi is already start filming the live action movie and set to release in 2008.
Rhus, i hope School Days would make live action due to its violent romance......
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 19:55   Link #48
hideFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
Higurashi is already start filming the live action movie and set to release in 2008.
Rhus, i hope School Days would make live action due to its violent romance......
Oh yes. Due to the recent controvercy over the show I forgot all about the live action movie of Higurashi... Now I feel slow. XD But we need a School Days movie!
Old 2007-10-15, 00:31   Link #49
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideFan View Post
Oh yes. Due to the recent controvercy over the show I forgot all about the live action movie of Higurashi... Now I feel slow. XD But we need a School Days movie!
Yeah, i want it have runtime longer than "Titanic".....
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 08:31   Link #50
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Yeah, I agrees with patnam and hideFan, we DO need a School Days movie. It will be frickin' awesome.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 11:56   Link #51
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
I think Hikaru no Go would make a good live action movie ....Unlike DBZ and Death Note, there is no super power natural things, (Alot of anime don't have it either but still) The only super natural thing about it is Sai, and that's cause he's a ghost in a kids consience....But seriously, Go is an awsome game, the anime is awsome, so why not a Live-action movie of it?
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 20:53   Link #52
Otomefan

Taking Anime and Turning them into Film

Watching anime and having become a recent fan of several new works, I often wonder how come anime is never give an opportunity to go global by being adapted into live television or film. Does anyone else agree with me? Some anime are not made to be touched by film producers, such as Dragonball Z. Somehow, Emmy Rossum in a wig does not spell Bulma for me. Also, there are some classics that stand alone by themselves, such as Sailor Moon and the Miyazaki films. But there are some anime that I think could be adapted for live action and do very well if treated with respect and taste. Here are a few examples.

Maetel Legend - If taken by the right director and using the right actors, this classic could be a gem in the film world.

My suggestion? Cast Scarlet Johansson as Maetel, Aneiliesse Van der Pol of That's So Raven fame as Esmerelde, and Tilda Swinton / Cate Blanchett as Queen Andromeda / Promethium.

Trinity Blood - Trinity Blood is one of those anime that I think was made to be a film. With such movies as Underworld and Interview With a Vampire, its a pity to me that Trinity Blood is overlooked as not being a canidate for the big screen. Possibly a trilogy, much like Underworld. A killer cast would make for a stellar show.

My suggestion? Actor John Barrowman of Torchwood fame as Abel Nightroad, Dakota Fanning as Seth, Emmy Rossum as Sister Esther Blanchett

This is just to start. I would love people to share and find out what others have to say about this topic.
Otomefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 21:33   Link #53
Wirbelwind8
d-_-b

I think that if I saw the anime first, I would dislike the movie or live action. It could work the other way as well. If I saw the movie first and then the anime, I would like the anime version more. Thats just how I feel about the whole idea.

Overall, I dislike (not hate) the idea of anime turned into real life TV. Especially when I heard about the real life version of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, it just looked terrible.
Old 2008-03-10, 21:44   Link #54
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yeah, Wirbelwind8 said it perfectly. There are three kinds of anime:

1) The ones I like: Many people complain about how manga adaptations are not up to expectations. It's the same thing here. If I really like an anime, then its live action must be damn good in order for me to like it.

2) The ones that are so-so: If I don't really like the anime then I don't really want to watch a live action of it anyways.

3) The ones that suck: This would be the only reason I would watch the live action counterpart, but if I hate an anime then I mostly hate its concept, which means the live action has to be really really really really really good.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 22:15   Link #55
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

On this subject, see game-based movies.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 06:10   Link #56
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

They are two entirely different mediums. Different rules apply. Animation has its own strengths and weaknesses. The same applies to live-action movies. You need to consider how you want to tell a story, and then choose the medium that best supports what you want to achieve.

If you're going to adapt an animated film into a live-action movie, you need to accept that it cannot be a "faithful" adaptation. Smart directors understand this constraint and work around the limitations. What they usually attempt to do is to derive a "vision" of their own, based on the feelings that the original material inspired, and then create a movie based on that vision.

Manga-to-anime adaptations often fail in this respect. Fans often want a "faithful" adaptation, without understanding that it's not always possible. But less ambitious directors aim to please, and take the easy way out. They copy the manga frame-for-frame. In effect, they use the manga as their storyboards, instead of creating their own from scratch. The result, ironically, is often a less-than-satisfactory product, a half-hearted approach at telling a story that has already been told better in its original form.

So, if you're prepared to accept that what you see in live-action will be different from the anime, then chances are, you'd be happier with the results.

For examples of what animation does very well, watch movies like Perfect Blue or Millenium Actress. Animation suits those stories perfectly, because they both emphasise a blurring between hallucination and reality. A live-action film adaptation would have to rely on special effects or confusing cinematography to achieve the same effect, and that may harm the story-telling process as a result.

Tragedies and romances, on the other hand, tend to work better with live actors, simply because live actors can express the wide range of emotions needed to make those stories "work". It would take a crew of exceptionally talented animators to emulate the same range of "realistic" emotions in animation. If you're going to spend all that effort to create a realistic animated tragedy or romance, why not spend the effort in making a live-action movie instead?

A similar decision-making process took place during the planning stages of FFVII - Advent Children. The animators eventually decided that, despite having the means to create "realistic" CG humans, they will not attempt to make things look realistic. Doing so would have defeated the purpose of making an animated movie in the first place. Instead, they wisely decided to exploit their available resources to make a cool-looking movie. In that respect, I think Square-Enix succeeded extremely well. Story-wise however, that particular movie suffered. That's ok, in my opinion, because, in the first palce, I would not rate Advent Children the same way I would review a live movie.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 09:26   Link #57
EXEs
Hallelujah...

It's gonna be pretty expensive to make a Gundam film...imagine Seed/Destiny as film, it'll be like half the time rainbow spamming and grunts getting blown up. But srsly, if they're gonna make a mecha into film, I'll definitely give it a watch.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 15:55   Link #58
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
It's gonna be pretty expensive to make a Gundam film...imagine Seed/Destiny as film, it'll be like half the time rainbow spamming and grunts getting blown up. But srsly, if they're gonna make a mecha into film, I'll definitely give it a watch.
G-saviour wasn't really good.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 16:13   Link #59
james0246

Are we talking about real manga/anime that has or will be turned into a live-action movie, or is simply a thread about who we would like in a live-action version of a favored anime/manga.

I do know a live action Akira and Battle Angel Alita are scheduled to start production some time next year, additionally pre=production on another Transformers movie (supposedly following one of the anime story lines), a possible bid on an anime fantasy series (currently unknown), and a bid on some Japanese Horror Video Games are supposed to take place soon.

Besides all of that, TinyRedLeaf said everything that needs to be said concerning the subject.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 08:05   Link #60
Tri-ring

I think some can be adapted into the live-action movie genre.
One that comes top at the top of my list is Cowboy Bebop
I don't know who will play which part but it sure will be a treat.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote