AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 28 34.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 19.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-12, 16:33   Link #181
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

They are probably victim of a stereotype. There might be a lot of people that fall under the definition of NEET considering purely the ones that do not have a job and aren't under a formation course. And that big number is used on newspapers to scare the public.
Then they apply the stereotypical NEET (a male guy on his thirties or late twenties, who doesn't want to work, who doesn't like society and prefer to spend his time watching anime and reading manga) to the whole population. Even if probably those that really are that way are just a half of the whole amount.

Old 2009-05-13, 11:46   Link #182
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The show is attracting a bigger and bigger audience, it appears. TV ratings for this episode put it in 12th spot for the week among all anime, and by far the highest of the late-night anime, at 4.6% of the audience. It was 4.1% for the previous week, which was up from only 3% or so (a respectable showing even then) the week before. It was over 4% for ep1, but dropped in the next couple of weeks and has only now recovered to this high level. Source: 2channel ratings thread.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-13, 11:51   Link #183
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The show is attracting a bigger and bigger audience, it appears. TV ratings for this episode put it in 12th spot for the week among all anime, and by far the highest of the late-night anime, at 4.6% of the audience. It was 4.1% for the previous week, which was up from only 3% or so (a respectable showing even then) the week before. It was over 4% for ep1, but dropped in the next couple of weeks and has only now recovered to this high level. Source: 2channel ratings thread.
Wonder what did it? The kiss or Chop-chop lady?
Old 2009-05-13, 13:39   Link #184
Tale

Quote:
I told you that it's quite unpredictable...judging form story-telling, character development, and his view to societies, Kamiyama seems to have learned/adapted quite a lot of things from materials outside of anime, so, I'm curious of how far he will be able to go especially in gaining many more audiences out side of usual anime fans.
Old 2009-05-13, 20:53   Link #185
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
I'm not sure of the dynamics, but it seems to me that people will decide to watch this week's show based on reaction (theirs and others') to last week's show. They wouldn't know about either of the things you mention without already having started to watch.

Maybe people who liked the more mystery-oriented ep4 tuned in to ep5, upping its ratings, but were bored by the romance and will not tune in next week. Or maybe people are just realizing how well made the show is and are turning to it regardless of which aspect of the plot is being emphasized.

However, if they watched the first few minutes and decided to watch the rest, it would have to be on the basis of chop-chop, since kiss-kiss didn't come until near the end.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-13, 21:20   Link #186
~BC~

Not to mention the previews available on the blog and special website. I'm sure those play their own part in getting people to tune in.
Old 2009-05-13, 21:23   Link #187
mrclastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Not to mention the previews available on the blog and special website. I'm sure those play their own part in getting people to tune in.
I've been hooked on the show since the day one, but the fact that it is only 11 episodes long makes me wonder how successful it will be at tying up all the loose ends without rushing it.
Old 2009-05-13, 22:09   Link #188
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
There's also a movie after the series ends its run.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2009-05-13, 22:32   Link #189
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
There's also a movie after the series ends its run.
Yes. My worry is not that they will go too slowly -- I think they are moving forward at a nice clip. I am more worried that they might intentionally not give the TV series a satisfying conclusion, forcing us to wait for the movie in the fall/winter. I hope they can find a good spot to end the series and still have another ending left for the film.
Old 2009-05-14, 07:14   Link #190
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Technically it she is a slice-slice lady, lol. *cringe*
Old 2009-05-14, 08:56   Link #191
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Yes. My worry is not that they will go too slowly -- I think they are moving forward at a nice clip. I am more worried that they might intentionally not give the TV series a satisfying conclusion, forcing us to wait for the movie in the fall/winter. I hope they can find a good spot to end the series and still have another ending left for the film.
I'm wondering if they made the episodes for the film rather tan the other way round.
Old 2009-05-26, 14:43   Link #192
libba
nepenthes rajah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
O.o
Am I the only one who doesn't particularly like Saki much?
Here's a girl who in just 5 days (in their real time) has stayed out all night with a stranger, lied to her sister, asked her friends to lie on her behalf, has a thing for her bro-in-law and strings one of her mates along for ages.
There's nothing about her that appeals to me (yet), she's too passive for most part, although I will give her kudos for asking Akira out for tea, since that takes guts, lol.
To simply say 'she's sweet and cute', just earns a scoff from me, I'm afraid.

I can't help but think this episode terribly bittersweet, it'll probably sting for all the "nice guys" out there, since Akira falls into that stereotypical category of the:

"Dark, handsome guy, with a mysterious air, a potentially dark and dangerous past, who's just really laid back but has this air of 'coolness' about him and seems like he'd be fun just to hang out."
He's the 'bad boy' who isn't necessarily good for you, but sure does makes things exciting and can sweep you off your feet.

My heart broke for Osugi, it well and truly did.
(I skipped a lot of the quote.)
I'm with you - at first Saki seemed to be one of those cute and ditzy heroines who turn out to be both very girly and very brave, like Orihime from Bleach. But eventually she became more and more boring, just an ordinary girl who isn't particularly smart or sincere, and the thing about her secret love kind of threw me off course a bit.

Though I disagree about Akira, he seems to be one of the "nice guys" to me, too, he just got involved in this game. The typical dark & dangerous hero has a superior air, a larger-than-life attitude.
Closed Thread