AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2008-12-13, 20:55   Link #61
Starburst
Horo♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
In your dreams.

Actually, in all seriousness, I was wondering the same thing but forgot to mention it.
She and Horo are always in my dreams. But that's another topic entirely.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed, the scene where Hakuoro grabbed her tail is what made me start the series in the first place.
Starburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 03:20   Link #62
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburst View Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed, the scene where Hakuoro grabbed her tail is what made me start the series in the first place.
Dude, are you my clone?
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 17:55   Link #63
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburst View Post

Hehe, you and I have some things in common. ^^ I love kemonomimi characters, and Eruuruu and Horo are two of my favorite anime women. Also, the 'tail grab scene' is also what got me into Utawarerumono.

Edit: *looks at post above his own* Apparently, me and Dutfoxzero have things in common, too.
Old 2008-12-14, 22:29   Link #64
Starburst
Horo♥

I suspect it's what caused a great many people who didn't otherwise already know about the show, to notice it.

I hope that after these OVAs are produced Eruru finally gets a decent figure produced. I've not seen a good one for her yet.

Though I did purchase 1 rather poor Horo, another poor but not as poor Horo, and one really good one. Perhaps if Eruru had some selection I'd feel I needed the whole set regardless of quality, like I do with Horo.
Starburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 08:04   Link #65
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Soljashy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Uh, I believe his point is that they're literally milking Urutori.
Thought it was too obvious to be true. Well, technically, they literally aren't. Uruto said that she doesn't have milk and is only doing that with the baby because it seems to soothe him.

Anyway, I also noticed the absence of Eruruw. Though I do think it's odd that they'd omit footage of such an important character, I don't believe it's anything to be worried about. It's a very reserved preview, and even the protagonist Hakuoro himself only got about one shot.
This user has been diagnosed with a very rare and dangerous mutation of type Al of the pandemic Kugimiya disease (Retroviridae Kooguencephalitisvirus Kugimijavirus). The source of his infection has been identified as a Kamyu bite. Please be sensitive to him.
Soljashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 04:22   Link #66
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Send a message via AIM to Lord Ryo
I am super hyped about this! Utawarerumono is one of my favorite animes ever! And with more ecchi, this can only be perfection! ^_^

It's been a while since I've seen it but Touka and Eruru will always remain as two of my favorite anime characters EVER! But do we really have to wait till early June for it?! I don't know if I can wait that long, haven't we waited long enough?! T_T
Lord Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 05:49   Link #67
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

Well, the first volume is supposed to be coming out today. Here's hoping someone will sub it soon.
This user has been diagnosed with a very rare and dangerous mutation of type Al of the pandemic Kugimiya disease (Retroviridae Kooguencephalitisvirus Kugimijavirus). The source of his infection has been identified as a Kamyu bite. Please be sensitive to him.
Old 2009-06-06, 11:25   Link #68
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljashy View Post
Well, the first volume is supposed to be coming out today. Here's hoping someone will sub it soon.
Actually, it got delayed a few weeks to June 24th. But on the interesting side, I saw solicitations that suggest the next two volumes will release monthly thereafter. We'll see...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 01:16   Link #69
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

*checks official site*

Gosh, you're right... That would explain why I'm not seeing the news anywhere else.

某とした事が
Old 2009-06-23, 19:21   Link #70
Hedd
Random Object

Looks like we're just waiting on subs as search trends suggest it's been released and people are looking for raws.
Old 2009-06-23, 20:46   Link #71
Freeter
beyond

Can't wait to see this. Tears to Tiara feels like a poor substitute in comparison.
Old 2009-06-23, 23:15   Link #72
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

It's really not very good.

At all.

Art deformities all over the place, oftentimes painfully PAINFULLY obvious.
Spoiler:

Mostly just an excuse to go "hey, look at some nipples."
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 00:06   Link #73
ThoHell

Whoa whoa whoa, what is this that I wake up from my nap to find? What a nice surprise to wake up and find a new OVA for one of my favorite series. Was honestly a bit disappointed though, was hoping for something after where the TV series ended not mainly focusing on Karura and fan service. However, it was awesome to see Aruruu's unrivaled cuteness again and the music seemed to fit just right, it said this is Utawarerumono but an OVA! Well 2 more OVAs to look forward too, hoping for some good stuff to come in the future!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 01:07   Link #74
Freeter
beyond

No disappointments here. Lots of Karura with some Aruru cuteness and Touka being Touka made the OVA enjoyable for me. And surprisingly, they made Oboro look like a badass instead of the idiot that he was in the original series.

Now I wish they had made more Utaware instead of TTT, since I find Hakuoro's group far more entertaining than Arawn's.
Old 2009-06-24, 01:18   Link #75
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
No disappointments here. Lots of Karura with some Aruru cuteness and Touka being Touka made the OVA enjoyable for me. And surprisingly, they made Oboro look like a badass instead of the idiot that he was in the original series.

Now I wish they had made more Utaware instead of TTT, since I find Hakuoro's group far more entertaining than Arawn's.
You realize that A.) Aruruu and Touka were on screen for less than 5% of the episode, and B.) TTT is being produced by a completely different studio, right?
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 03:06   Link #76
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
You realize that A.) Aruruu and Touka were on screen for less than 5% of the episode, and B.) TTT is being produced by a completely different studio, right?
A.) Yup, and I'll gladly take that over seeing Morgan act like a drunken buffoon in every other episode.

B.) Is it? The ANN entry lists that Oriental Light and Magic is one of the producers, and they worked on the original Utaware.
Old 2009-06-24, 06:49   Link #77
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
A.) Yup, and I'll gladly take that over seeing Morgan act like a drunken buffoon in every other episode.
She doesn't act like a drunken buffoon every episode, in fact she hasn't been like that for a few episodes now. Also i don't see how a character acting drunk for about 30 seconds during an episode has anything to do with the overall show being bad.
Old 2009-06-24, 11:51   Link #78
Toonleap

Just posted screenshots and my impressions as well.

I enjoyed most of it so it wasn't THAT bad.
Toonleap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 12:34   Link #79
Ottocycle

The entire audio track, including the OP/ED, the voice tracks and especially the BGM made the episode for me. Kudos to the producers for being able to secure the anime soundtrack for this, I expected only the game music to be used. We have a Musouka clone for the OP, but it's still worth a listen.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 19:48   Link #80
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The OVA wasn't bad... I guess. The main thing that brought the story down was a lack of a convincing reason for her hysteria... OK, so she really wants to keep the baby... Why...? I expected them to explain some past in the OVA, but it never did...
The new art style was cute and nice though... It feels really different from the TV series, but it was similar to ToHeart2 OVA's, so it didn't take long to get used to.

The most memorable thing was the fanservice part at the beginning... As expected of OVAs, fearsome...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, aquaplus, bishoujo, leaf, ova, rpg