AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-22, 22:38   Link #1981
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
Uhmmmm, some intelligence gathering led me to this. My question: Is there any truth to this. And does it state that the WHOLE K-On manga will end in July (being the University chapters to end in June, so I assume that the HS will end In July as stated). C'mon, hope you guys can give me some optimistic views on this.

http://www.aniplogs.com/2012/05/k-on...this-july.html
What you've found is accurate; though you, and the writer of the blog, seem to have misread a couple of the details. To whit, the K-ON! (University) manga comes to an end with the July issue of Manga Time Kirara. However, the July issue goes on sale in June; as is typical of magazine publications.

The K-ON! (next generation high school) chapters are unaffected, as those are serialized in Manga Time Kirara Carat.
Old 2012-05-22, 23:32   Link #1982
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If there is any news on the High School section it will be in the next release (which I believe comes out next week), much like the news about the University section was in this month's chapter.
Old 2012-05-25, 02:18   Link #1983
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

what the heck.. >.> I want to read the the original fab 4 girls
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 13:55   Link #1984
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
what the heck.. >.> I want to read the the original fab 4 girls
Well... if the original group does fade away - my interest wanes. The current high schoolers are interesting as secondary characters but frankly this is what killed Lucky*Star for me. Its like these authors don't *get* that it is the *characters* they've hit on, not the setting.
Old 2012-05-26, 01:45   Link #1985
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

And so like I thought, high school ends next month.

Images
Early magazine spoilers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 02:00   Link #1986
Sumeragi
Banned

Somewhat expected.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 02:02   Link #1987
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting. They both end the by the time the movie is suppose to come out on BD/DVD. (July 18th)

I wonder about that.
Old 2012-05-26, 04:12   Link #1988
Pachael
原作通り

Pity to hear the confirmation on the series end, it had a really good run all things said.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 10:00   Link #1989
teja208
Critical fanboy

Not sure if we are going to have a real ending this time, one thing for sure, we are not going to see more K-on for now until they restart again or decided to make s3 anime. Either way, I gonna miss them that's for sure.

Actually, a small part of me want Kakifly to move on to try something new. Maybe that would be better for him if that's what he wants. Who knows, maybe he will come back to write more K-on when he feels like doing it. Continuing K-on non stop for too long would made it appear like they are milking it. When I first heard about the restart and the split of the manga, you could say that I’m skeptic with the author’s decision to continue at first due to how great season 2 ended, but after few chapters, I’ve become convinced that author hasn’t loose his touch which is a relief for me. In fact, it’s as if he keeps getting better and better with every passing chapter. Yeah, seriously that really surprises me, consider how long this manga is, I'm mentally prepared for the opposite. With exception of Ton-chan, I notice some of the anime references from time to time. I actually like how he merges some of the gags and events from anime into the manga, because it reflects that he also enjoys the anime just as much as writing his manga. The only thing I find missing from this whole restart is there isn’t enough Mio stalker. There should be one (I’m not even asking for two) chapter dedicated to her, since it would be a waste to have her doing nothing after putting her back into the manga in the first place. That’s it about the negative; everything else is nothing short from highly enjoyable ride for me. Now I shall keep wishing for third and perhaps final season of this series anime in the nearest possible future whenever that is, and will continue supporting this franchise till the very end.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 12:22   Link #1990
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Yeah.. a 3rd and final season with the last episode being their debut at Budokan.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 13:44   Link #1991
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Yeah.. a 3rd and final season with the last episode being their debut at Budokan.
I am thinking along the line of movie for time skip but yeah special extra episode for Budokan seems fitting. Another special episode featuring Megumi joining 2nd Mio Fanclub Tea Party would be nice addition as well.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 03:41   Link #1992
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
That'd be a surprise, given that they quietly swept the whole "Budokan" thing under the rug and (apparently) vowed to never speak of it again.

It looks like, though, with the two branches aiming to end up in similar places (i.e. University Houkago Tea Time preparing for their Battle of the Bands and the High School Fresh Leaf Girls preparing for their cultural festival concert,) KyoAni could very well make up a whole third season of K-ON! that would end with concerts all around.
Old 2012-05-27, 04:07   Link #1993
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

But Budokan was never even mentioned in the manga in the first place. And once that became clear in the manga, KyoAni probably handwaved Budokan away by having Yui offhandedly mention how expensive it would be to rent in the last episode of Season I.

Besides, if you ask me, the judo and kendo clubs have a way better chance of ending up in the Budokan than a high school music band.
Procrastinator_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 06:49   Link #1994
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
Uhmmmm, some intelligence gathering led me to this. My question: Is there any truth to this. And does it state that the WHOLE K-On manga will end in July (being the University chapters to end in June, so I assume that the HS will end In July as stated). C'mon, hope you guys can give me some optimistic views on this.

http://www.aniplogs.com/2012/05/k-on...this-july.html
So, I'm right all along (thought I guess the HS manga will end in June and not July as stated here). For the first time, I hate it when I'm right...
Old 2012-05-27, 12:00   Link #1995
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I'm anticipating one of those "Behind the Music" mockumentaries.... They can call it "Behind the Tea and Sweets"

One note about the University side. They are practicing a lot more. They're being more dedicating to it now. Probably because of Gang of Girls dedication... or rather.... yeah.. something like that.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 12:09   Link #1996
kaitok
Inspired Musician

oh god. This thread here is so depressing now... What happened to my "cute girls do cute things"...?
Old 2012-05-28, 21:31   Link #1997
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

People just don't like things ending.

I don't either usually. Though I tend to think of ways it won't be endig yet will end.

The show and manga are called "K-On" for the Light Music Club. Logically, as the girls get older, they won't be in a Light Music Club forever. But Afterschool Tea Time? They can be that longer. Even if tey broke up as a band, formed their own bands apart from each other, or did other things later in life....they will always be HTT. Just like the Beatles. They were only together as a whole for less than ten years, with John and Paul being together as a band for slightly over ten years. But even to this day...they are the Beatles. That is what people remember them for most.

The same would be true for Mio, Yui, Ritsu, Mugi, and Azusa. If they ever did hit the Budokan, or become as famous as they are in the manner they are on our side of things (he audiance watching an anime), than they will always be HTT.

The two mangas seem like they are heading to a duel conclusion of concerts. Yui's group will still be in college, but Azusa will graduate soon from High School and from the talk with Ui and Sawako, it seems Azusa wants to follow the others to JWU.

If the two K-On are to end...that does not mean they cannot have a sequal., based on the same characters, but with their band as the title instead.
Old 2012-05-31, 11:54   Link #1998
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I for one would REALLY like to see a "where are they now" in few years.

I stand by my opinion that Mugi-chan would be the cutest Anime-Mom EVER, surpassing even the already cuddly-and-adorable Minase Akiko of Kanon.
Old 2012-05-31, 12:18   Link #1999
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That would be extremely hard to pull off. Equalling a KEY MILF is one of those things that seems reserved for the likes Belldandy and no one else. But beating Minase Akiko? That seems impossible. Even Sanae from Clannad couldn't do that. Nagisa as MILF might come close, but still...Akiko?

Also that does bring up who would Mugi be the mother of?
Old 2012-05-31, 14:16   Link #2000
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
People just don't like things ending.

I don't either usually. Though I tend to think of ways it won't be endig yet will end.

The show and manga are called "K-On" for the Light Music Club. Logically, as the girls get older, they won't be in a Light Music Club forever. But Afterschool Tea Time? They can be that longer. Even if tey broke up as a band, formed their own bands apart from each other, or did other things later in life....they will always be HTT. Just like the Beatles. They were only together as a whole for less than ten years, with John and Paul being together as a band for slightly over ten years. But even to this day...they are the Beatles. That is what people remember them for most.

The same would be true for Mio, Yui, Ritsu, Mugi, and Azusa. If they ever did hit the Budokan, or become as famous as they are in the manner they are on our side of things (he audiance watching an anime), than they will always be HTT.

The two mangas seem like they are heading to a duel conclusion of concerts. Yui's group will still be in college, but Azusa will graduate soon from High School and from the talk with Ui and Sawako, it seems Azusa wants to follow the others to JWU.

If the two K-On are to end...that does not mean they cannot have a sequal., based on the same characters, but with their band as the title instead.
I'll put my hopes on that scenario... Its kind of like Yotsuba! ... I just like my periodic dose of it.

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life