AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 19:49   Link #161
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:20   Link #162
Akarin

I'm pretty sure Iori's mole charms any women who sees it.

Also the eufonius op is awesome.

Spoiler for ep1 avatars:

Last edited by Akarin; 2012-07-07 at 20:54.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 20:56   Link #163
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Thanks for sharing. Do you have any with Inaba? She's just so awesome especially when she played the troll in order to confirm the truth if the body-swapping phenomena is actually real! God I just love her!
Old 2012-07-07, 21:00   Link #164
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Thanks for sharing. Do you have any with Inaba? She's just so awesome!
Aren't the first two of Inaba? :3

And wow, Akarin seems to have ditched his round-edged approach to making avatars.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 21:22   Link #165
Somnus
Eh?

Went into this not really knowing what to expect and a basic summary of the plot. Nothing to write home about, but I found myself entertained from beginning to end. You can sense the potential in it though, so I'll be sticking around for a while.
Old 2012-07-08, 00:46   Link #166
Sakanaka Shouko

It was indeed a decent episode, like Somnus, I also found myself entertained from beggining to end. Inaban is just awesome and the jokes were quite fun. I'm looking forward to the next episode. ^_^
Old 2012-07-08, 01:47   Link #167
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Time flew by fast. But personally from the first episode I do not think it lived up to the hype, but I do feel that the future episodes will be better. Certainly can be better.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 02:27   Link #168
ZODDGUTS

Meh. Interesting premise but boring setup. It also feels like it's trying to be clever with the dialogue but it comes out trying too hard.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 02:46   Link #169
novalysis

Oh dear. We have five people, and it looks like someone is going to be the spare if this goes romantic.

Anyway, I am entertained, so it stays on my watch list.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 02:52   Link #170
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Oh dear. We have five people, and it looks like someone is going to be the spare if this goes romantic.
Don't worry she, most likely, will be comforted by the girl with the yuri goggles.
Old 2012-07-08, 03:14   Link #171
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Don't worry she, most likely, will be comforted by the girl with the yuri goggles.
God, you're speculations, the body tranfers..... oopss... NO!!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 06:36   Link #172
s07195
However,

Very interesting, just as expected! (I pretty much said 'screw that' to my backlog )

I agree, the character's could've used a bit of establishment. However, the dynamics between the club members were quite entertaining.

EDIT: Oh, and I lol'd at Inaba the troll.
Old 2012-07-08, 07:43   Link #173
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Aw God, I love this show. It's so enjoyable to watch.

OP and ED are also pretty decent, especially the ED.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 08:42   Link #174
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Hmm... so I tried the three "big" moe Slice of Life anime this season (Tari Tari, Koichoco and Kokoro Connect) and Kokoro Connect was the last of the bunch. This is excluding the three ecchi titles (Imouto fetish one, the Sengoku period heroes being moe girls one, and that male lead being a pervert one), which I won't be trying in the first place or sequels (Yuru Yuri S2).

To be frank, I didn't like this one too much and it's got little to do with any criticisms of "generic" or "fanservice" or whatnot. It's got more to do with how the body-switching plot was told. It practically came outta no where without explanation and the "body-switching" periods were completely random. It reminded me of the "rock" from Natsuiro Kiseki where the rock would grant miracles "because it can" and "when it wanted". Same deal here with the body-switching. I didn't feel there was much of a coherent stucture to the series' premise as it felt all over the place, at least from this first episode.

As for the fanservice, it was pretty mild so I have no real problem with it. Iori is just one big tease with a little bit of perverted spunk but that's about it. In fact I was amused (but not loling) at some of the jokes that were said by her. Reminded me of the more funnier moments of "NisioIsin-like dialogue" though far less masturbatory and rambling, but also slightly less funnier.

From the audiovisual side, it was largely unimpressive. Silver Link is known for pretty low-budget material and the same is the case here. Seriously, the anime looks like if it was made in 2005 or 2006. Audio wise, apart from that one mischievious track that was played in the classroom when the "self-inspection" took place, it was either largely absent or insignificant. In others words, the production values for this is quite mediocre as it was not very pleasing to look at.

In regards to characters, the female characters seem to be fine. We have a tsundere (albeit not a violent one hopefully), a playful genki one and a taskmaster type. I didn't get infuriated at any of them as they were largely inoffensive and as mentioned above I was amused at some of Iori's (the genki one) antics. The male characters however are more boring than watching grass grow and more generic than the sky is blue. However, uninteresting, milquetoast male characters seem to be a common problem for modern slice of life anime so I won't bag on it too much.

I do however, disagree with the K-on comparisons. Aside from the fact the character designs are from the same artist and Iori shares the same VA as Yui from K-on, the rest of the atmosphere and premise wasn't K-on like at all. K-on had a lot of goofy, airheaded humour and was also an all-female cast. Kokoro Connect seems to be more flirtatious and very may well deal with "gender" issues since it does have a mixed cast. We'll see if this is the case though. Not to mention K-on did have a musical element, regardless of the fact how much people debate regarding how much of a music anime K-on was.

So overall, I found this watchable but not really likable. Compared to Tari Tari, this completely pales. At least however it is vastly better than that revolting Koichoco's first episode so I'll definitely give it a few more episodes before giving the ultimatum.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 08:45   Link #175
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Picked this at random out of the list without knowing anything about it. Seems to be OK so far. Is body switching the whole premise of the show? Also, girls wearing boxers, and moles seem to run in the family.

Did Iori get a half-priced bento and did she have to fight for it?

Endless "120 yen per peek" Soul
Old 2012-07-08, 11:27   Link #176
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It seemed off for some reason to me. I probably should've liked it more than I did, but for some reason some of the jokes were grating, especially with Inaba. I'll stick with it for now to see where it goes. I just hope I just need to get used to it.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 13:00   Link #177
Texas84
よろしく

I don't care much for the body-swapping trick. But I really like these characters and I could easily watch them in yet another high school slice-of-life. "120 per look" cracked me up and imouto at the end was the clincher. Cute! Enjoyed all the the family elements as well. I already hope this is more than one season but I doubt it.
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 14:22   Link #178
Lukeman1884

I'm gonna keep watching, for more Inaban troll if nothing else.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:15   Link #179
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Not exactly gripping stuff in the first episode, but the easy, friendly feel that the club members have with each other feels very natural and genuine, and I love when a show can pull that off. I guess they really want to get into things next episode, because they hammered hard on identifying basic character traits for everyone pretty dutifully. I think that's about all the introduction we're going to get for those five. Off to the races next week.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 20:04   Link #180
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It was a bit mixed. Maybe in part of watching so many first episodes one after another, but this really didn't leave a major impact on me.

Will say that Iori was pretty entertaining especially early on in the episode. Maybe not that big of a surprise that the energy is covering up a lonely home life. Trying to convince everyone that everything is going great regardless of how things actually are.

Kind of sad that they had to spend so much time just convincing Inaba that bodies really were swapped. Just let her wait until she gets swapped and then it'll be easier to swallow.

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life