Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-15, 12:22   Link #12781
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Well, there is a difference.

The parallels that orange brought up were obviously meant to be identified in the story, because they're always used in a context of contrast by either the author, narrators or the characters.

That one example you gave, well, not so much. I doubt Nishio even recognized it himself, or would care to.
True, I was just pointing out that parallels could be conjured of everything
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 12:54   Link #12782
kenjtr

I think zenkichi deserves a women that makes him food or goes to cinema with him etc... something simple , only reason zenkichi being medaka was that his trauma with his father but after medaka left him for good to save the world all the burden lifted from his shoulders since medaka was the one who bailed not him . I dont think zenkichi will be back with medaka from now on anyway i hope medaka becomes happy with kuroki group lol .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 13:00   Link #12783
zigantz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
I think zenkichi deserves a women that makes him food or goes to cinema with him etc... something simple , only reason zenkichi being medaka was that his trauma with his father but after medaka left him for good to save the world all the burden lifted from his shoulders since medaka was the one who bailed not him . I dont think zenkichi will be back with medaka from now on anyway i hope medaka becomes happy with kuroki group lol .
They're still engaged though. I just can't see this manga ending with anything but a Medaka and Zenkichi wedding. If they had separated at the end of an arc, I might have thought it could be permanent, but I feel quite confident in assuming they'll be together again at the end of this arc (preferably after substantial growth for both Zenkichi and Medaka).
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 13:11   Link #12784
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
They're still engaged though. I just can't see this manga ending with anything but a Medaka and Zenkichi wedding. If they had separated at the end of an arc, I might have thought it could be permanent, but I feel quite confident in assuming they'll be together again at the end of this arc (preferably after substantial growth for both Zenkichi and Medaka).
I think medaka leaving zenkichi to destroy the moon and not even saying a goodbye really hurt zenkichi inside so medaka is just being an idiot for waiting that zenkichi would forgive her like that , as i said medaka pretty much bailed on zenkichi like his father did and thats the only thing zenkichi cant forgive .
Old 2013-03-15, 13:27   Link #12785
Soji

kenjtr@ We are reading the same manga/story?
Because this ch have nothing to do with that or their *engagement *Zen answer to her like that no because he not like her or don't want go with her he epxlain pretty well the reason.
This ch just show us that both of them take their own path and again this have nothing to do with their love life.
Medaka was suprise or even shocked by his answer true but she understand what he mean with that and if you see his face /reaction before he answer her you can see that Zen was pretty happy.

Honestly poeple just see what is not there.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 13:30   Link #12786
kenjtr

All i saw was medaka bailing zenkichi like his father and zenkichi ending their realationship without hurting her much , zenkichi will never forget or forgive what medaka did .
Old 2013-03-15, 13:33   Link #12787
zigantz22

Quote:
I think medaka leaving zenkichi to destroy the moon and not even saying a goodbye really hurt zenkichi inside so medaka is just being an idiot for waiting that zenkichi would forgive her like that , as i said medaka pretty much bailed on zenkichi like his father did and thats the only thing zenkichi cant forgive .
Quote:
All i saw was medaka bailing zenkichi like his father and zenkichi ending their realationship without hurting her much , zenkichi will never forget or forgive what medaka did .
Yeah...I haven't seen any indications that he's even slightly upset at what she did two chapters ago.
Old 2013-03-15, 13:44   Link #12788
Soji

Quote:
Again he not ended their relationship at all.
That scene only served to show us the growth of both Zen and Medaka as person .
Again that scene have nothing to do with their private life a couple.
And I think the last page and how Zen talk with Nienami and how Medaka answer him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
Yeah...I haven't seen any indications that he's even slightly upset at what she did two chapters ago.
Same here.
Old 2013-03-15, 13:49   Link #12789
kenjtr

I think zenkichi still loves medaka but he cant forgive her anyway i dont want medaka to be with zenkichi without trying at all , the way i see it zenkichi is just heart broken and i hope someone is there to fix it ( anshin )
Old 2013-03-15, 13:57   Link #12790
Homura7

kenjtr, I know you don't like Zen and Medaka as a couple, but cmon, you just can't deny the evidence.

Going by the text in the last page, seems this new arc will finally have the wedding.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 14:14   Link #12791
Soji

^ So I'm not the only one who thought of this after reading the last page.

kenjtr@ Zen heart is fine.
Like Kurusu-Shirudo say you can't deny the evidence and if Zen heart was really broken (like you say) ,trust me he would act differently at the end of the ch.
Old 2013-03-15, 14:17   Link #12792
Lupus753

I have the feeling that kenjtr is saying what she wanted to happen, not what actually did. I also think that would have been the preferable outcome (instead of the author not thinking that maybe Medaka should talk to Zen before her go-to-moon business).

I still think the wedding is inevitable, mostly given the cover of vol. 18. Unless that was made to through us off-track...
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 14:30   Link #12793
Homura7

Lol Medaka talking about exposing her cleavage and navel. I bet anything you want she'll wear a very revealing wedding dress.
Old 2013-03-15, 14:33   Link #12794
Insert_Gel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
^ So I'm not the only one who thought of this after reading the last page.
You're not alone on that one. Hopefully there would be a wedding at the end of the arc or at least a hint. Too tired to read delusional posts
Insert_Gel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 14:37   Link #12795
Homura7

This time it should happen. Medaka's leaving studies and I can't see Zenkichi staying there any longer. I know they promised not have any lovey-dovey for 2 years, but...

But Zenkichi can't marry until he meets his dad...!!
Old 2013-03-15, 15:10   Link #12796
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
. I still think the wedding is inevitable, mostly given the cover of vol. 18. Unless that was made to through us off-track...
Hopefully your theory could be proven right with time.

I mean, Zenkichi did have some veeery interesting dialogue with Nienami in this chapter. Even though at no point did he say he didn't love Medaka anymore, or that the engagement was off, the undertones and vibes are still there.

I guess we'll wait and see.
Old 2013-03-15, 15:25   Link #12797
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Hopefully your theory could be proven right with time.

I mean, Zenkichi did have some veeery interesting dialogue with Nienami in this chapter. Even though at no point did he say he didn't love Medaka anymore, or that the engagement was off, the undertones and vibes are still there.

I guess we'll wait and see.
I also thought the same zenkichi seems really hurt inside but he just cant show it .
Old 2013-03-15, 15:32   Link #12798
ccie20012

In fact it is certainly stupid/typical love story drama. But all will be well.
Meaning of words Zen is not that he does not love Medaka.
He said he does not want to be behind Medaka.
He wants to be with Medaka.
And it may even be ahead of Medaka.
Medaka has changed - it's time to change me.

Most likely all goes to plan. According to the plan developed by Nishino.
Never believe Nishino in three cases:
- He will kill Medaka
- He will kill Zen
- He will break a couple of Medaka x Zen
It's a lie IMHO
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 15:38   Link #12799
zigantz22

Damn, the Medaka x Zenkichi haters are constructing some powerful delusions. I'm not necessarily suggesting that it's completely impossible for Zenkichi to fall out of love with Medaka in some distant future, but I think some are reading far too much into a few lines from Zenkichi that most likely simply indicated a desire to better himself before he's able to leave the school and marry Medaka. It would take considerably more to damage his love for Medaka.
Old 2013-03-15, 15:42   Link #12800
Wolfenstein

Quote:
I also thought the same zenkichi seems really hurt inside but he just cant show it .
I don't think he's "hurt" or anything.

I think, after he shed all the skin that Naze stated he did from beating the crap out of the manga's strongest villain and all, maybe he's just maturing.

Sure, dosen't mean he's called off the engagement. Probably hasn't. Yet. Hopefully.

It just means he's got some veeeery interesting dialogue to show for now:

Spoiler:

Only the future will tell.

Edit:

And besides, whether you are pro-MedakaxZen or whether you're anti-MedakaxZen, I think both sides can easily agree that this chapter was a massive service for Zenkichi's whole character. Him deciding to live his own life for now, simply because he wants to and is having fun, and deciding that he can't just be satisfied anymore just by being with Medaka(ala Hanten and Anshin), is certainly extremely cool and understandable.

Now, the bigger issue: what's up with Nienami? I'm starting to think she might really be Anshin'san, she's so interested in Zenkichi's life, what the fuck...

Last edited by Wolfenstein; 2013-03-15 at 16:20.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council