AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-02-12, 23:08   Link #1321
Chris38

On a different topic ... I'm kind of wondering what Ise is going to be doing for the rest of his ... quite long life.

After all, if the training with Sun Wukong goes smoothly then ... Ise is going to get to God Class power levels ... in just about a year since he became a Devil.

Of course that are just going to be the powers of Ise's Boosted Gear and the development of Ise's 'natural' powers could take some more time ... but what would be the point of doing that, if Ise would already be at a level, where few beings could actually defeat him.

Naturally, considering his personality Ise would probably use some of that time, to do some 'stuff' with the Occult Research Club girls and the rest of the 'girls' that would be in his harem ... but, I don't see how he could continue doing that for his entire remaining life, without being 'burned out' after a few years of that kind of life - now matter how enjoyable it would be

Basically, I hope that the author is actually going to make some 'life plan' for Ise's future life... especially considering the fact that he has already fulfilled the conditions to become a High class Devil - since, I think it has been mentioned in the light novels that Ise's promotion to that level is just a matter of time.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 00:17   Link #1322
Tbolt

I will have to look but it was mentioned that Ise had some kind of business in mind that he wanted to do with Asia, Xenovia and Ravel but what it was wasn't mentioned.

At several times in the story Ise has expanded his goals, like after talking with Tannin.

Tannins talk with Ise.
Quote:
It's the same, for humans, devils, and dragons. I only thought of saving my fellow dragons as well. That is what a dragon who has power does for dragons without any power.”

“…Amazing! I just blindly wanted to become a high-class devil. A-And, I try dashing forward just because I want to form a harem. Is this kind of mental attitude no good?”

“That kind of thing is fine while you’re young. If you’re male, it’s inevitable that you come to want women and wealth. It isn’t good to overdo it, but it’s fine if that becomes the driving force that moves you. However, Hyoudou Issei, it’s so wasteful to just make a harem your final goal. If you become strong, it’s natural for females to approach you. The problem is after getting both women and wealth…It may still be too difficult for someone young like you to understand.”

Yeah, it may be a bit difficult for me.

However, because of the various devils I’ve met since coming here, I’ve come to think just a little.

—Everyone lives while having a goal.

Wanting to win in the tournament, wanting to become Maou, wanting to save dragons, wanting to become a teacher.

They’re all devils, yet what they aim for is completely different. For me, it’s to become a Harem King.

That still hasn’t changed, but it may be no good to not move towards that realistically and away from my ordinary delusions.

—Various things are needed to become the Harem King I aim to be.
Old 2014-02-13, 01:19   Link #1323
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
i wonder if vali's team "human member" will be reborn as angel or demon ? because in the future some of vali's team member will die, arthur and his sister
I don't think any of them are going to die any time soon since Vali and Issei made an agreement to have a rating game of with each others teams, so Arthur probably won't die till after going against both the Gremory team, and later Ise's own team. It's possible that since Vali isn't a wanted criminal anymore, he will get his own pieces and turn them into his peerage.

On the other hand, Aurthur being fatally wounded and giving his holy sword to Kiba would fit both his personality, and the ending of the original Arthur.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 02:30   Link #1324
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
I don't think any of them are going to die any time soon since Vali and Issei made an agreement to have a rating game of with each others teams, so Arthur probably won't die till after going against both the Gremory team, and later Ise's own team. It's possible that since Vali isn't a wanted criminal anymore, he will get his own pieces and turn them into his peerage.

On the other hand, Aurthur being fatally wounded and giving his holy sword to Kiba would fit both his personality, and the ending of the original Arthur.
Can you imagine Kiba wielding gram in one hand and colbrande in the other? His opponents will be pissing themselves. Lol
Old 2014-02-13, 08:24   Link #1325
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

If Arthur does die, I doubt it will be until he has the chance to face off against Xenovia and/or Kiba, since his goal is to find a sword worthy of his Collbrande, and I think Demonic Emperor Sword Gram would fit that criteria nicely.

Regarding Ise's plan for life... All we know is that he wants to make Rias the Rating Game Champion, become a champion in the Rating Game himself and attain some titles, become a Harem-King, and like Tbolt said start some sort of business with Asia, Ravel and Xenovia. Ishibumi will probably reveal the rest of Ise's plans as the story goes on, but it'd be interesting to speculate about what else he could be doing with his long life.
Old 2014-02-13, 08:53   Link #1326
G147

I don't think Arthur would die though. Ishibumi isn't that fond of tragedy after all. Like he previously mentioned, Ophis was meant to disappear when reviving Issei, but he felt bad for Ophis as it is too tragic so he decided to make her a mascot instead. Then there's Arthur who Ishibumi has hype as Yuuto's rival and is a major member of the Vali Team and one of the best swordsman in the series. I don't think Ishibumi would just kill him off.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 10:11   Link #1327
Simonsy

there was one time where Ise had a convo with Vali about having a sort of rating game type between them two.

So I wouldn't be surprised if later on Vali and his team get pardoned or something and thus Vali able to make his team into evil pieces, which makes arthur live long time just liek the rest of them.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 10:17   Link #1328
jopjopjop

^Vali and his team are already pardoned from their crimes. Although him getting Evil Pieces will take place after a long while since he was a terrorists and he's a descendant of the former Lucifer, so distrust is still in the air. (not that the people close to him doesn't trust him but the society and the government itself)
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 10:26   Link #1329
Tbolt

I guess I will have to read 66 pages of past posts, but didn't n0m@n post in a spoiler that Arthur sets a death flag. And it seems like Arthur is making plans for something.
Quote:
The Holy King Sword Collbrande wielder, Arthur, says this to his younger sister Le Fay.

“Le Fay.”

“Y-Yes, Onii-sama.”

“This is a good occasion. You should join this team. And also receive a pardon with this amnesty. —Also Sekiryuutei.”

Arthur looks at me.

“What is it?”

“If you don’t have a pact with a specific Magician, then can you please make a pact with this girl? If she makes a pact with you who is the hero of the Underworld, then she will be able to return home.”

—!

So that’s his motive huh. If Le Fay joins this team, it will work quite a lot to justify her actions. So it may be possible to get rid of the worries Ravel had.

“I will think about it positively.”

When I say that, Arthur puts on a smile which carries his emotion and it’s something you rarely see. That’s because, unlike his usual cold smile, it feels like he’s actually smiling.

“I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will definitely repay this gratitude to you.”
Because of his statement
Quote:
“I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will definitely repay this gratitude to you.”
We may see Arthur do something that's saves Ise but costs him his life, and if I remember right Sona is the only one that has any Evil Pieces left (4 Pawns) so if he is killed I don't think anyone could bring him back.
Old 2014-02-13, 10:29   Link #1330
jopjopjop

^Sairaorg still has one mutation Pawn piece.
Old 2014-02-13, 10:42   Link #1331
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

@Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Okay. Here are some spoilers.

Spoiler for V16:
"-It seems Arthur raised a death flag...."

That what you were looking for?
Old 2014-02-13, 10:42   Link #1332
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I guess I will have to read 66 pages of past posts, but didn't n0m@n post in a spoiler that Arthur sets a death flag. And it seems like Arthur is making plans for something.

Because of his statement

We may see Arthur do something that's saves Ise but costs him his life, and if I remember right Sona is the only one that has any Evil Pieces left (4 Pawns) so if he is killed I don't think anyone could bring him back.
If just saying gratitude to Issei and will repay the gratitude means death, i think quite a number of characters would've died already.
Old 2014-02-13, 10:43   Link #1333
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
That would definitely work IF Sairaorg is there at the battle if Arthur is killed. Would be nice if he was, but it may be the time in the story line that someone is lost.

Ise was lost but came back by strange occurrences, so at sometime someone will have to be lost to open new story lines.

In this case the Le Fay and Ise relationship and the relationship with the others going forward, and it would give Le Fay a definitive break from Vali's team.
Old 2014-02-13, 10:46   Link #1334
cyberdemon

Quote:
almost willing to bet he will reincarnate Heracles instead. Seems he would be a good fit for Sairaorg. They did seem to make a big deal about him regaining his honor by throwing away the Maou's blood and fighting Sairaorg head on.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2014-02-13 at 10:58.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 10:50   Link #1335
jopjopjop

But he will be wasting a mutation piece on him. Yes, he has some power but look at the Devils that was reincarnated using a mutation piece. Heracles can't compare to Surtr and Gasper
Old 2014-02-13, 11:00   Link #1336
cyberdemon

Quote:
But he will be wasting a mutation piece on him. Yes, he has some power but look at the Devils that was reincarnated using a mutation piece. Heracles can't compare to Surtr and Gasper
Sairaorg doesn't seem to care how he is viewed considering he made a group of pretty much the rejects of devil society.
Old 2014-02-13, 11:02   Link #1337
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
If just saying gratitude to Issei and will repay the gratitude means death, i think quite a number of characters would've died already.
Thanks Gary29 that was it.

@G147 good points, In no way I'm saying that Arthur is going to be killed but just saying it is a great setup if it does happen.
Old 2014-02-13, 11:07   Link #1338
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Sairaorg doesn't seem to care how he is viewed considering he made a group of pretty much the rejects of devil society.
I didn't say that he will be viewed negatively when he chooses to reincarnate Heracles using the mutation piece but it is a waste to use it on him. That's why I brought up Surtr and Gasper who are OPed compared to Heracles.
Old 2014-02-13, 11:31   Link #1339
G147

Quote:
I didn't say that he will be viewed negatively when he chooses to reincarnate Heracles using the mutation piece but it is a waste to use it on him. That's why I brought up Surtr and Gasper who are OPed compared to Heracles.
Well Arthur isn't that OP too.

I wonder if Arthur has a Sacred Gear, or maybe Arthur should consider getting an Artificial Sacred Gear from Azazel, like a sheath or armor that uses the power of the Caliburn to power up or one that is made from the data from Sacred Gear like Blade Blacksmith and the other Holy Swords.
Old 2014-02-13, 11:40   Link #1340
Ickarium

Considering Arthur is better than Kiba, who can hold off Issei one on one, I really don't think he -needs- an artificial sacred gear at this time.

Tags
light novel, translation