AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-01, 15:00   Link #101
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
I really think that seeing Lacus as a very powerfull mastermind that is mindasswhooping people everywhere to make them puppet for her personnal little campain is far fetched. But i ll admit that it s pretty disturbing to have people going to battle saying "lacus no tameni". They are definitely fighting for Lacus unlike zaft soldier that say "Zaft no tameni" before going to battle. I personnaly think that fighting/killing for the sake of someone is wrong, fighting for an ideal or a country is somehow acceptable. Now saying she is the evil mastermind creating mindless puppets out of anyone she encounter is really not something i ll agree with since it s only speculations and nothing in the show has indicated or pointed she had some second thoughs about her actions.
Fans are really thinking too far ahead
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 16:38   Link #102
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n
I really think that seeing Lacus as a very powerfull mastermind that is mindasswhooping people everywhere to make them puppet for her personnal little campain is far fetched. But i ll admit that it s pretty disturbing to have people going to battle saying "lacus no tameni". They are definitely fighting for Lacus unlike zaft soldier that say "Zaft no tameni" before going to battle. I personnaly think that fighting/killing for the sake of someone is wrong, fighting for an ideal or a country is somehow acceptable. Now saying she is the evil mastermind creating mindless puppets out of anyone she encounter is really not something i ll agree with since it s only speculations and nothing in the show has indicated or pointed she had some second thoughs about her actions.
Fans are really thinking too far ahead
Lois McMaster Bujold, in Brother in arms, wrote:
"It's more important to be loyal to a person than a principle. (...) Her theory is that principles come and go, but human souls are immortal, and you should therefore throw in your lot with the greater part."

I believe there is something to that. I also believe it's not so much that they fight for her, for her whims... It's that they believe in her. In her leadership and her integrity. They believe the path she treads is the right one for them and their loved ones.

Sniper: I'm getting tired of superlong posts with 36 quotes in them, so I'll only answer about a few things:

About the Sigel Klyne:
The whole existence of Zaft, and of the Plant Ruling Council, which he was instrumental to, is an act of rebellion. So I think it safe to say he can be quite rebellious if the need arises.

I also think my explanation makes infinitely more sense than "Lacus snapped her fingers and, in a few days, an underground organisation of great size and power appeared".

And by "Sygel gave Freedom to Kira", I meant he'd been the one to lead him to it. It's normal that he (as opposed to Lacus) would have access. I agree that Kira being given Freedom, by either father or daughter, is a plothole anyway.

About the penance:
I didn't express myself well. What I meant was that Flay realised what a lousy girlfriend, friend, crewmate and human being she'd been. So she wanted to start over. And for that, she needed to go back to the AA and to Kira.

That's why I called her a sinner earlier. She wanted, (to quote Bujold again) "by the dreadful crawl through confession and absolution, to arrive to some kind of grace."

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2006-06-01 at 16:59.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 08:44   Link #103
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
ZAFT never was a military outfit when it began; it was just a group of Coordinators who wanted to have dealings with their sponsor nations on Earth regarding certain things; it was NEVER out for Natural blood at first. Siegel Clyne didn;t want anything to become a cause of misunderstanding, that was why he was opposed to Patrick Zala's idea of Operation Spitbreak, which was railroaded, anyway.

Well, as far as other fan sentiments about how the heck the Clyne Faction and Terminal were formed, leave it to Fukuda as to magically create an entire faction just like that out of thin air as everything about it is riddled with loopholes.

And going by Siegel Clyne's opposition to brute force to end war, it still is even more absurd or just as absurd as his daughter giving Kira the Freedom. So either way, it's total .

Yes, she sinned, and she wanted to atone for it, and wanted to start right over. But how could that be penance? It sounds like Fllay is going to give up something VERY important so that Kira would finally be happy...

As for Lacus...well, with all the fanaticism of her supporters going all out like that...keep in mind that it just isn't just Lacus' war with everybody who gets in her way. It was for the sake of humanity, or whatever; so it is pretty understandable why some people find the "LACUS NO TAME NI~~~!!!" screeches a little too frightening for comfort...and their steadfast belief in her principles and ideals are even more horrifying. I mean...everybody wants peace, but must they follow a single 18 year old's intuition and whatever else she has for their total happiness and the really sure way to achieve peace? A peace that says that you could freely choose your own path to peace but please keep in mind that it should not be going against the peace which SHE envisions? Some leadership potential, alright...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 09:31   Link #104
tritoch

LOL @ above post
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 14:59   Link #105
frok
Banned

Send a message via MSN to frok
Unhappy

I just wanna say that I get emotional and even cry whenever "Whell of Dawn" plays and something sad or hectic happens. I also got emotional when Fllay died cuz if i was her friend I would so take the hit for her. I of course also cried in the end when athrun is in cagalli's arms and they cry an ocean And I'm not a crying type of guy so it must of been pretty emotional

F-rok
frok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 13:21   Link #106
Fairy Water

Watching ep 46 again is just too depressed.

Looking at Kira, who was in Seed mode, first heard Flay's voice and totally snap out of it immediately and forgot he was in a battle. He took a critical hit and could have been dead for the second hit if Arthur wasn't there to be his buddy shield.

And the scene Kira chased after the enemy+ Flay's pod, is damn pure hurt He didn't care about the surrounding at all that Freedom got its head destroy and he still tried to catching up and calling out for Flay that he almost went right into the enemy's territory. (yup Arthur best buddy dragged him back just in time.)

After he came back to the ship, his mental state was so unstable that he hallucinated Flay and then fainted.

Those moments (fully from Kira's side) got me even after -Idontremember- years... so sad yet reading debate on this thread and so many either in denial or temporary lost their sights people that couldn't see how much Kira and Flay loved each other to the point it's hurt.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 10:17   Link #107
Scorpiopt

Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote