2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-11-14, 13:45   Link #41
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
"Ah, what indeeed." Great line, and I really wonder what Karen was thinking right then.
(I see that it's "saa nandarou" to be exact by Eleutheria's transcription.)
I loved that line as well. Especially the delivery, he was so casual about it.

Quote:
When Lelouch was researching the Geass, and found that it has a range of 270 meters, etc. How did he find that out? Is information about the Geass public? C.C. comments that he "sure [has] studed it a lot", so did that mean that he collected all that information from his own observations (if so, how did he know about the cerebellum? It can't be, or the purists would realize what Zero is. Also, do we know what the line "If it has the property of light, then reflection is also possible" means yet?
It was probably testing on behalf of Lelouch. I mean, the Geass is a great weapon, but it would be a fatal mistake to think that lacks any sort of limitations. It would do him no good to try and Geass someone in a life or death situation, only to find out the target is too far away to be affected... though, it's somewhat hard to get direct eye contact at that distance (270 meters), ne?
The cerebellum thing is probably a theory that Lelouch came up with to explain the memory loss.
As for the last thing, it most likely means that if the Geass is similar enough to light, that it can work in the same manner. Meaning, he could theorectically Geass someone around a corner with the assistance of a mirror instead of having to get into a direct line of sight with the target. Most likely he has yet to test this, since he said "if".

Quote:

Yeah, I immediately noticed the Pizza Hut this episode... that was way too obtrusive x.x .
We've said it before... and we'll say it again: Pizza Hut supports the rebellion.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 14:02   Link #42
EragonJeriel
heh

Great episode the cat and the ''saa nandarou...'', it was more like Ah nandarou...
I dont like C.C (snubby) and Shirley, Lelouch X Karen ftw
yuffie the lacus?

Last edited by EragonJeriel; 2006-11-15 at 03:20.
EragonJeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 15:26   Link #43
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

for episode: 10

i hate that "i know everything" looks of hers:
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...Large%2035.jpg

if a country is doing evil, and harming the weak.. then shall it perish. DOWN Bush

I am on you Lelouch, don worry.. like he would anyway...
Cai Calamigarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 21:13   Link #44
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Cai, I wouldn't direct-link to Omni's blog if I were you. It doesn't work anyway.

And with the power of Geass being able to be reflected by mirrors (maybe), then would it be possible for Zero to stand infront of some video camera (stolen perhaps from a Brittanian TV network) and perform a Geass, taping it, then either...
  1. Jacking into the airwaves and broadcasting his "influence" to all people
  2. Or placing the video in CDs, and passing them around (Think "The Ring").

Either way, I don't think Lelouch would be that desperate to use his powers anyway...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 00:28   Link #45
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

since it didn't work with the monitor, it seems that the "light" of geass must not be modified by anything (so meaning the "direct contact")
so, the mirror will work, but it won't really work with some "recording"
Old 2006-11-15, 01:04   Link #46
SlashZero

Even if Geass is just a mere pattern of intense light, a recording would not be able to reproduce its effects since recordings (especially the kind you're talking about Megane) are a series of stills, which would interrupt the exact pattern of Geass.

Then again, this is all pseudo-science based on an anime character's speculations.

Onto more important topics: I bought Domino's. Am I betraying the rebellion?
SlashZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 01:09   Link #47
Clarste
Human

He already failed to Geass whats-her-name when she was inside the Knightmare in episode 2. Clearly, cameras do not work. No speculation needed.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 02:53   Link #48
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlashZero View Post
Onto more important topics: I bought Domino's. Am I betraying the rebellion?
Yes. You're horrible. =( You must now buy 2x pizzas the next time you go to Pizza Hut.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 03:53   Link #49
BrokenWingz

Another 9 from me ^^"

Quite amusing to see Britinia ( sp?) calling their countries they over with area xx ( number).
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 09:51   Link #50
EragonJeriel
heh

I bought kfc, does that counts?
EragonJeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 16:23   Link #51
myopius

KFC does not, EragonJeriel.

Well, I also at first assumed that what Lelouch described was the result of his own observation, but there is one line, "This is thought to be damaged caused by the Geass invading the cerebrum." Indirect/nonspecific subject. Perhaps someone who watched this episode without subtitles could explain that nuance? I don't know Japanese, but for anyone who's too lazy to watch the episode (the line is at 15:53 on gg's sub), it sounds like, "Kore wa Geass ina daino ni kai niushta tameni shouji da ..." ...Er, wow, somehow it's said too quickly for me to even catch what's said, so I'll just, yeah, stop. Hmm, didn't think it was this hard to transcribe the phonetics of Japanese... anyway, it's at 15:53.

On a side note, I was just thinking random other thoughts about the episode...

First, while we are getting to know people like the purists Jeremiah and Viletta and the princesses Euphemia and Cornelia, as people, there's still the fact that they don't seem to object to the inhumane treatment of conquered citizens. Well, if I had to bet I would say that there's a chance Yuffie wants to work to alter that like Suzaku, but still, you have to think that if they're aware of it and accept it, that really affects who they are (even if they were raised to accept it). Actually, on the other side of the equation, has Lelouch really voiced any opinions about the human rights issues at stake in what he's doing? He acknowledged the empire is corrupt, but I can't recall any specific instances, although it may be that I'm just not thinking of them.

I was also just pondering Suzaku's introduction to the school. I'd kind of enjoyed the dynamic of Lelouch, his sister, and his friends in the school council (and Karen and Nanaly), and I hope that Suzaku's tendency for obtrusive chivalry won't override those situations. I'd like to see him as a character who only seriously interacts with Lelouch and doesn't become the center of attention of anyone else, for that reason (but I seriously doubt that will be the case). Also, I hope that it doesn't turn out that, aside from the one incident in episode 4 where Suzaku was under arrest, Suzaku-with-Lancelot will interrupt Lelouch absolutely every time he makes a move. I like how they've done that so far--of the 3 times either of them has taken action (the Shinjuku incident, Suzaku's rescue, and the purist conflict), only 1 have they both been involved. In other words, I'd like to see them both take action, but not just to cancel each other out so that nothing happens.

Of course we'll find out how Suzaku relates to everyone heavily in the next episode, so that's one reason I'm definitely anxious to see it. I'd like to hope they keep up the great work and not resort to any formulae since this is my favorite show of the season.
Old 2006-11-15, 16:59   Link #52
CronuZ

Send a message via MSN to CronuZ
Quote:

Well, I also at first assumed that what Lelouch described was the result of his own observation, but there is one line, "This is thought to be damaged caused by the Geass invading the cerebrum." Indirect/nonspecific subject.
Well this is my 1st post. Usually I would juz troll ard the forum but I finally decided to register and reply this msg... Actually this is pretty much wat Lulu said:

"これわGeassが大脳に介入した為に招致Damage思うれる"

What Lulu did is telling C.C what he found out about Geass's "spec". He was telling C.C that ppl who he used Geass on will suffer memory lost and won't remember anything related or what he ordered them to do. That is thought to be the damage of Geass entering the Cerebrum(大脳 = Cerebrum, part of the brain tat holds memory) , quite close I say, though I didnt watch english subs, I usually watch chinese subs if not RAW

Sorry if I get it wrong with my explaination, cause my english abit lacking
CronuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 18:52   Link #53
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Thumbs up

Great ep got to see Excalibur in action again and Clovis's siblings. I think thing are really going to get intresting now we new charcters on the board. I can see Lelouch going full speed ahead with his plans now that the green haird chick is in play. by thw way why is she suck a bitch i did not expect her personality to be what it was even thought it was nice to Lelouch getting frustrated with her

THe fact that Lelouch is testing his Geass shows that he really serious and wants to know the extent of his power. I wonder if the Geass has other properties that he may not have discovred yet. Suzaku's introduction to school should complicate things even furture especially since he is well known now

I cant remember exactly but i think someone said Britanna controls 2/3 rds of the world. Im thinking they may fall prey to the same situation that caused the downfall of Rome. The japanese arent the only ones fighting it would take tremendous man power for an extended amount of time to quell every rebellion in every controlled territory.

By the way you think the pizza got delivred in a Knightmare Frame LOL

Maybe we should contact Pizza Hut maybe they could help us with a little Bush problem

LONG LIVE THE PIZZA HUT REBELLION
If your eating dominos your a traitor to the cause
Old 2006-11-15, 19:10   Link #54
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
THe fact that Lelouch is testing his Geass shows that he really serious and wants to know the extent of his power. I wonder if the Geass has other properties that he may not have discovred yet.
yep it reminds me of death note soo much i wonder when the effect will ware off...if it doesnt that poor girl will be drawing on the wall for the rest of her life

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 19:17   Link #55
CronuZ

Send a message via MSN to CronuZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
yep it reminds me of death note soo much i wonder when the effect will ware off...if it doesnt that poor girl will be drawing on the wall for the rest of her life
If thats the case he can pretty much cheat his way up to the top....

He just have to geass his way to the Emperor and ordered him to serve under him forever
CronuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 19:49   Link #56
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by CronuZ View Post

He just have to geass his way to the Emperor and ordered him to serve under him forever
True that would be the most ideal situation if he could Geass the emperor then he could rule all and declare Peace Liberity and free delivery of pizza's for all of liberated Japan

Im thinking the time frame the effects of the Geass might have something to do with the perticular order given.

When Lelouch was trying to free Suzaku he ordered the enemy commander to let them go with all his might or something like that. given that order once the party involved left his sight the Geass would wear off because the order had been completed

The girl at school is a diffrent story he ordered her to mark an X on the wall everyday he never gave a time frame which means that poor girl could do that for the rest of her life. If he had ordered her to mark Xs for a week i bet at the end of the week the Geass would have worn off because that perticular order was completed.

If im right Lelouch could put people under his power indefiently if he pharsed it right
Old 2006-11-15, 19:52   Link #57
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89 View Post
He already failed to Geass whats-her-name when she was inside the Knightmare in episode 2. Clearly, cameras do not work. No speculation needed.
what about mirrors they dont work on the same propety as cameras if the Geass is light then it should be relected just like normal light?
Old 2006-11-15, 20:19   Link #58
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CronuZ View Post

Isn't that the classic "wishing for more wishes" trick?

The problem is, you can't give more than one order. That's the limitation.
Old 2006-11-15, 20:35   Link #59
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
what about mirrors they dont work on the same propety as cameras if the Geass is light then it should be relected just like normal light?
There was speculation about that just a few posts ago...such as here, here and here.

I'm under the impression that if Geass does indeed contain properties of light, that it should be reflectable. But of course, that's what we're speculating about.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 21:05   Link #60
kazekiri

Quote:
Her personality is way different from when she jumped in front of Lelouch and yelled "Don't kill him!" but I don't... think... that was an act, so she clearly has a side of her which cares for people (or at least, Lelouch, lol).
Of course, there's always the chance that her whole 'death' was an illusion and she wanted to put Lelouch's back to a wall. She does so love to mess with his head. Then again, the C.C. in the opening and the first episode doesn't seem to have a lot in common with the girl we've seen in the last few episodes. Maybe it's because of the chemicals in Pizza Hut products...
Quote:
Yuffie is a bit odd. The cat scene... uh, yeah. When she slapped that man on behalf of Suzaka, I thought she must be spoiled to not realize that men, especially ones in troubled situations, can hit you back in the real world
Yuffie (Euphie?) brings up a few questions. The guy she smacked was an Ashford Academy student so I dunno about 'troubled' but she seems easily the most sheltered of the Britannia family. I wonder though, is she really fit enough to have landed from that jump in one piece or did she know the plot would have someone beneath her to catch her? Also, what surprised her when she saw Suzaku? She seemed to be trying to hide it so it's probably not just the fact that she recognized him.
Quote:
Really looking forward to the next episode. For some reason I find myself wondering how Karen will get along with Suzaku, lol. I'm sure all the other student council members will love him right off the bat for what a kind person he is, but considering Karen fakes everything and has ideological differences, it seems like it could be more complicated in an interesting way.
I have a feeling you'll like episode 6, there's a great scene relating to Karen and kissing (though sadly, not like that). Future interactions between those two should be interesting.
Quote:
First, while we are getting to know people like the purists Jeremiah and Viletta and the princesses Euphemia and Cornelia, as people, there's still the fact that they don't seem to object to the inhumane treatment of conquered citizens.
I think that was part of the point of asking Suzaku to take her to Shinjuku. Of course, there's a scene in the next episode that could tie into this issue but due to the circumstances it's kind of hard to tell.
kazekiri is offline   Reply With Quote